Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Forum Updates and Changes Announcements

Announcements and site updates.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

User avatar
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2457
Joined: August 25th, 2011, 10:18 am

Post by eurobrat » July 16th, 2014, 12:57 pm

chat room

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27633
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » August 8th, 2014, 1:07 pm

Updates:

- I spent a lot of time today putting up a Podcast file directory on this site that serves as an index of our podcast files. It contains a list of all our podcast files, not just the ones with me, but with Steve Hoca, Mark Davis, and others as well. The files appear as links you can click on and listen to or download. You can browse the file directory at this link:

http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts/

In my experience, IE browser simply downloads the mp3 files. But Google Chrome and Firefox browsers will stream the files directly through the browser.

- The description of each podcast is on the new podcast page here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts.php

However, I put more podcast files in the directory than are described on the podcast page, so they can be stored for safekeeping and referenced in the future. And also so browsers can play them for fun.

- I've redirected two of the main pages on this site to new ones. The interviews.php page has been redirected to podcasts.php. And film.php has been redirected to videos.php.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2457
Joined: August 25th, 2011, 10:18 am

Post by eurobrat » August 8th, 2014, 3:47 pm

Winston wrote:Updates:

- I spent a lot of time today putting up a Podcast file directory on this site that serves as an index of our podcast files. It contains a list of all our podcast files, not just the ones with me, but with Steve Hoca, Mark Davis, and others as well. The files appear as links you can click on and listen to or download. You can browse the file directory at this link:

http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts/

In my experience, IE browser simply downloads the mp3 files. But Google Chrome and Firefox browsers will stream the files directly through the browser.

- The description of each podcast is on the new podcast page here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts.php

However, I put more podcast files in the directory than are described on the podcast page, so they can be stored for safekeeping and referenced in the future. And also so browsers can play them for fun.

- I've redirected two of the main pages on this site to new ones. The interviews.php page has been redirected to podcasts.php. And film.php has been redirected to videos.php.
Wheres my chat?

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7875
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Post by Jester » August 8th, 2014, 7:46 pm

Winston thank you for the podcast directory.

Really appreciated.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."

WindowLicker
Freshman Poster
Posts: 129
Joined: July 23rd, 2014, 1:06 pm

Post by WindowLicker » August 10th, 2014, 3:21 am

I'm interested in the locked expat forum. How do I get the perms to post there?

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27633
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » August 10th, 2014, 3:36 am

WindowLicker wrote:I'm interested in the locked expat forum. How do I get the perms to post there?
PM Zboy1 and explain to him why you are qualified to join.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

WindowLicker
Freshman Poster
Posts: 129
Joined: July 23rd, 2014, 1:06 pm

Post by WindowLicker » August 10th, 2014, 5:07 am

Winston wrote:
WindowLicker wrote:I'm interested in the locked expat forum. How do I get the perms to post there?
PM Zboy1 and explain to him why you are qualified to join.

I don't have a special reason why I am qualified, though. I am just interested in it.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27633
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » August 18th, 2014, 4:23 pm

Updates:

- I've placed follow buttons to all our social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, YouTube and Vimeo, at the top right corner of the forum. You can click on them to follow us there.

- I've changed the share buttons in the header of the forum to buttons that look nicer. Please click on them to share your favorite forum threads.

Thanks,
Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2457
Joined: August 25th, 2011, 10:18 am

Post by eurobrat » August 18th, 2014, 4:25 pm

Winston wrote:Updates:

- I've placed follow buttons to all our social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, YouTube and Vimeo, at the top right corner of the forum. You can click on them to follow us there.

- I've changed the share buttons in the header of the forum to buttons that look nicer. Please click on them to share your favorite forum threads.

Thanks,
Winston
What's going on with the chat room and when will you use my graphic I want to see it on the homepage :D

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27633
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » August 25th, 2014, 9:46 am

Update:

I've put a latest podcasts box in the top right of the home page. Now you can see the latest podcasts on the home page, as well as the latest blog posts and forum topics.

Check it out:

http://www.happierabroad.com
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4606
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:33 am

Post by zboy1 » August 25th, 2014, 4:13 pm

WindowLicker wrote:I'm interested in the locked expat forum. How do I get the perms to post there?
I'm sorry WindowLicker, but your racism will not be allowed on that forum. It will cause too many tensions there...

WindowLicker
Freshman Poster
Posts: 129
Joined: July 23rd, 2014, 1:06 pm

Post by WindowLicker » August 25th, 2014, 8:12 pm

zboy1 wrote:
WindowLicker wrote:I'm interested in the locked expat forum. How do I get the perms to post there?
I'm sorry WindowLicker, but your racism will not be allowed on that forum. It will cause too many tensions there...
OK, fine with me.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27633
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » August 28th, 2014, 11:17 pm

Update:

The banner on the home page has been replaced with the new version created by Eurobrat. Check it out.

http://www.happierabroad.com
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27633
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » September 3rd, 2014, 8:44 pm

New Board Announcement:

At MrPeabody's request, I've just created a board about seeking foreign brides, for marriage minded discussions only.

viewforum.php?f=48
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27633
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Miscellaneous Website Updates

Post by Winston » October 16th, 2014, 12:29 am

The forum has been upgraded to the latest phpbb version. To view some of the new features of this forum, see here:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24873
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Announcements”