Join our HA Facebook Group!

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Our HA Facebook Group!

Post by Winston »

Update: The new URL for this group is has been changed to:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/happierabroad/

So that it looks better. The old URL will still work though.

We also have nearly 1,000 members now. Check out the discussions there and feel free to join.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I was wondering, are all you guys who post here a different group from the guys that post in our Facebook group? Do any of you participate in both? Or are our Facebook crowd and Forum crowd two different groups of people? If so, why don't you guys post on both?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MarkDY
Freshman Poster

Post by MarkDY »

I post on both, but more on FB.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I never participated much on HA's FB, due to gf's family who would see, plus gf's friends, etc

Any way I aborted my FB a couple of months ago. Dont miss it.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jester wrote:I never participated much on HA's FB, due to gf's family who would see, plus gf's friends, etc

Actually if you want I can make our fb group a closed one so that non members cannot see your posts. Would you like that? Would that get more of you to participate there?

MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Winston wrote:
Jester wrote:I never participated much on HA's FB, due to gf's family who would see, plus gf's friends, etc

Actually if you want I can make our fb group a closed one so that non members cannot see your posts. Would you like that? Would that get more of you to participate there?
I would like the HA group on FB to be a closed group.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

To MarkDY: URGENT!

My Facebook account was disabled by mistake. Facebook said that they believe that I was impersonating myself and not the real "Winston Wu". WTF? Maybe one of our enemies hacked my account.

After I verified my identity on the support page by sending them photos of my ID and got my account reinstated, our HA Facebook group suddenly disappeared. Here is the URL to it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/happierabroad/

Do you know what happened to it? I tried to PM you on FB but it said that your account was removed too and awaiting verification. WTF? Did everyone in our group get kicked out of FB? If so, I told you all that we should make it a closed group, not an open one, to protect everyone.

Maybe my nasty comments about Obama the other day triggered The Powers That Be to hack my Facebook account and take down our FB group? Maybe they are sending us a warning?

MarkDY
Freshman Poster

Post by MarkDY »

Yes, I was kicked off FB sometime during my sleep. I used FB Saturday night and woke up Sunday morning and my account was gone. I am off work today so I will try have to it reactivated on Tuesday. No doubt someone insecure in their own beliefs did this. I am not sure how to get the FB group back up. I had a lot of contacts and underseas information on my FB, I would hate to start it over again.
MarkDY
Freshman Poster

Post by MarkDY »

Also, has anyone else from the HA FB page been bumped off Facebook?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

I have messaged other members of our group on FB and it turns out that only me and Mark DY were kicked off FB. Probably because we were admins of the HA FB group. What this means is that someone probably hacked into our group by becoming a member of it and then used some kind of hacking software, program or script, to delete the group and get the admins of the group banned. Or they could have hacked into our accounts and then used our accounts to close the group, thus triggering a red flag to Facebook. It could have been anyone, since we had over a thousand members, most of whom were unknown.

MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

I just created a new HA FB group since the other group apparently got shut down.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/761618030557961/
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MattHanson1990 wrote:I just created a new HA FB group since the other group apparently got shut down.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/761618030557961/
Thanks for starting up the group again Matt. I'm still waiting for a response from FB support to see if they can get our original group back. I'll keep you all updated.

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 28th, 2020, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Maybe from now on, we should not just approve anyone who requests to join the group. Maybe we should check the profiles of those who ask to join and see if any of them look shady. Matt has made the new group a closed one by the way.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi everyone!
Our Happier Abroad Facebook Group has been re-created. Here is the new link to re-join:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/happierabroad2/

To all new members: Please note that this is a CLOSED group this time, which means that your posts here will not be visible on your walls and on your friends' walls, if they are not members here. So you can post here with more privacy and confidentiality.

Thanks,
Admin