How to embed YouTube videos in this forum

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: How to embed YouTube videos in this forum

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Unfortunately the YouTube videos have all been turned into links after the forum upgrade. I have no way to fix it. But I fixed the YouTube BBCode though so they can be embedded again. To re-embed a YouTube video in your post that already has the YouTube tags around it, simply edit it by clicking on the pencil icon in your post, and changing at least one character in it, then resubmitting it. Please note that you have to change at least one character in the post, or the video will not embed. Once you do, the video will re-embed. I've tested it and that's how it works.

Thanks for your attention,
Admin
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

New Video Plugin!

I've installed a media plugin here that will let you embed video from many websites. Simply use the button in your post forum that looks like a TV screen, next to the "mention, vimeo, youtube" buttons, and it will generate some media tags that look like this.

Code: Select all

[media]external URL of media[/media]
Here is a list of sites you can use it with. Not you can't use it with YouTube or Vimeo though because there are already YouTube and Vimeo BBCodes and buttons here to use, and they cannot be used twice with a new plug in. I'd have to remove the YouTube and Vimeo BBCodes before this media plugin can embed them. I don't know if I will ever do that, because there are already too many YouTube tags in posts here. So for now, just use the YouTube tags to embed YouTube videos, and use Vimeo tags for Vimeo videos, and the media tags for everything else.

Here is a list of sites the media tags can be used to embed video from:

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ediaembed/
http://s9etextformatter.readthedocs.io/ ... bed/Sites/
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/download/136051

Try it and see if it works.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston it is NOT working I have done exactly what you said and I still can't embed YouTube videos. Even when I put the entire YouTube link in again, it still won't embed it. It only works for some YouTube videos, most of time it does not work when I try to embed YouTube videos.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

jamesbond wrote:
November 26th, 2017, 2:12 am
Winston it is NOT working I have done exactly what you said and I still can't embed YouTube videos. Even when I put the entire YouTube link in again, it still won't embed it. It only works for some YouTube videos, most of time it does not work when I try to embed YouTube videos.
Why not? Can you post the URLs of YouTube videos you are trying to embed? Are there extra tags in them like this "&t=" or "&list" etc? See my example above. The URL has to be very basic and not shortened.

I've tried it and it works. Are you trying to re-post videos? If so you have to change at least one character in the post before re-submitting it.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok I'm going to use the new media tags to try to embed a Star Wars teaser video from Imdb.com now. See below.

Here's the URL from Imdb.com wrapped around the media tags.

[media]http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi983676953?playlistId=tt2527336&ref_=tt_ov_vi[/media]
Here's what it looks like embedded.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Just to let you all know, the YouTube embed code will not work with the mobile URL prefix like this "m.youtube.com", it has to be the regular version like this "www.youtube.com".

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

I fixed the problem with embedding Vimeo videos by removing the old Vimeo BBCode that no longer works. Instead, you can now use the media tags to embed Vimeo videos, like this:

[media]https://vimeo.com/335886644[/media]
Use the media button in the post form to embed the media tags. It's next to the "mention" and "youtube" buttons and looks like a TV screen icon. When you wrap those tags around a vimeo URL, it will embed like this:

You can also use the media tags to embed videos from other sites. Here's a large list of them.