Warning about the abusive behavior here - It must stop

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Warning about the abusive behavior here - It must stop

Post by Winston »

Dear all,
The abusive immature behavior here is getting disturbing and out of hand, and it's time we address it. Every minute I spend addressing it is time I lose forever, irreplaceable. In that sense our time is priceless. And I do not wish to continue doing that. Arguments in an endless loop that are personal rather than logical, are not good for this forum or for the energy here in general.

This forum is supposed to be a friendly supportive place where we help and validate each other. Are are all supposed to be friends and supporters of each other.

We are acting like immature dysfunctional people when we argue every little detail endlessly. I know I contribute to it too, but you guys do not need to perpetuate it. Obviously I can't ban myself, so all I can do is tell you guys to stop.

We are supposed to be mature adults here. Mature and happy adults do not try to bring down others with cheap shots in every post. It's now bordering on abusive and is quite disturbing. So I'd like to address it and say that I may have to start issuing temporary bans on some of you if you don't stop it.

With that, here are a few bottom line key points to each of you who have been unduly "challenging" me:

To Rock:

Rock, I do not understand why you are taking cheap shots and questioning obvious things about me that are not in dispute, to undermine my character and crebility. It is irrational and there is no logical basis for it.

First, I have no history of lying or deceit. So there is no reason to act like everything I say is suspicious. You are also taking a number of cheap shots.

- For instance, when I say that I am right brained or whole brained, you challenged me by asking me where my artwork and music composition pieces are. That is a cheap shot. If you knew anything about this area, you'd know that right brained simply means that I see things in terms of CONCEPTS AND IDEAS. It doesn't mean I can paint or draw well, though it can.

My writing and insight is my greatest strength. Hundreds of people see that and compliment me for it. I have shown you all the quotes too. This includes reputable authors and even Nobel Prize Winners like Brian Josephson (Nobel Laureate 1973). You can email Josephson if you want and ask him if I'm a good writer with a lot of insight, if you want, to verify.

Thus this area is not in dispute. On the other hand, I say that you are left brain dominant because your primary key strength, and occupation too, is in financial/economic areas. Your interests and strengths lie in numbers, steps and practical things. Therefore, it is my judgement that you are more left brain dominant. Your posts reflect that too.

- Anyone can see that I am a HIGHLY ACCURATE person. Just look at the intro pages on this website. You will see a very high degree of accuracy in my spelling/grammar, and in how straight, orderly and symmetrical the boxes and fields are on those pages. (No one else has edited any of it) You can see that I have a high order of accuracy and symmetry in my work. I am not bragging when I say that. It's self-apparent.

So on what basis do you question every little thing I say, as though I were generally inaccurate, if that's your thesis and claim? Thus, it must be a personal thing, not a logical thing. Either way, it is quite offensive.

You know, the last time I had an American girlfriend, she was 35 and hot and intelligent. She found me very attractive but was annoyed that I kept challenging her on every little point. I did not realize that I was doing it. To me, I was just asking honest questions. But she interpreted it as an attack on her. She may have been oversensitive. But you get the point. Just wanted you to be aware of that. Friends are not supposed to do that, unless there is a personal emotional reason why you wish to discredit another.

- Rock, you contest my claim of having good insight into people and being able to read others well, by citing exceptions such as me getting scammed by Katya and Julia in 2003. Again, that is another cheap shot.

Picture this. Suppose you sent me ten letters, and I noticed that a few words each letter were misspelled. Should I then claim that you are "generally a bad speller"? No of course not. Or suppose we had ten appointments to meet up, and you were on time for 8 of them, but late for 2 of them by 15 minutes. Should I then claim that you are "generally not on time"? No, of course not.

So WHY then are you trying to claim that I generally am inaccurate when I read others, just because of a minority of errors? No one is 100 percent accurate, but as long as I have a high degree of it, then I am generally accurate.

You seem to be blind to all the times when I was RIGHT about others. Here is a recent example:

When BellaRuth first came to this forum, some of the guys here were protesting saying that western women here would wreck the forum, and that she was probably an angry feminist in disguise. On the other hand, I said that I could sense that she was genuine, honest, open minded, nonjudgmental and a very nice person in general. I could tell that from her posts and words. And my friend (known as Mr. S on this forum) who is also a very good judge of character and sees through BS really well, also said that she was the real deal and genuine in what she says.

Well it turned out that me and Mr. S was right. BellaRuth was not a disruptive force here, nor was she an angry feminist in disguise. She's gotten along with everyone great, and my initial impressions of her were correct.

Also, from corresponding with her, I learned that she has a lot of the same spiritual/metaphysical views that I do. So we are on similar wavelengths. That is how I could recognize the kind of person she was, cause "it takes one to know one". So I was RIGHT in my evaluation of her character.

Yet you forget that Rock, because you seem to WANT to undermine my ability to judge others, and you've taken cheap shots and focused on little mistakes to try to justify it, forcing me to waste time defending myself for something I should not have to defend myself for.

All this simply because you do not like my views about Taiwan. For some reason, they've attacked your paradigm about Taiwan, and so you have an emotional need to try to discredit me. Is that so? Are you aware of that?

You know the first time I went to an MLM meeting, it sounded very exciting and convincing. They wanted me to fork over 900 dollars to be immediately placed in a distributor management position, which would place you higher up on the pyramid downline. I was really tempted. But my intuition and sixth sense told me not to get involved and to check it out first before making any commmitments. After talking to my dad and doing some research, I found out the scam that it was. So my intuition and feeling were right.

- Finally, Rock, regarding Taiwan, I have EVERY RIGHT to claim that people, especially young women, are NOT generally open, approachable or easy to meet. It is based on both my DIRECT firsthand EXPERIENCE, and the ADMISSION of Taiwanese people themselves. That is all the reason in the world to come to that conclusion.

Why should I change my opinion just because you say so? Even if your claims about the easiness of dating here are true, and even if you can cite a few exceptions, I have a valid right not to believe it or change my mind, because you have NOT SHOWN IT or PROVEN IT. And even if you did show it, that would not support your hypothesis that TW people are "generally open and approachable".

Here's a key point: If someone went to the Philippines and said, "Man the girls here are not open or approachable. I can't meet anybody here!" I WOULD show up at that person's hotel and pick them and SHOW THEM that a lot of girls there are very open, approachable and easy to meet/befriend. I could easily do it and I have. I have also done the same in Russia. You can email my friends and ask them.

Yet you are NOT able to do the same in Taiwan. WHY???????? That says it all and speaks volumes. Bottom line: I produce. You don't. No amount of arguing with words can change that.

If you want, call my home in Taiwan and talk to my dad. Ask him if Taiwanese people are very approachable to strangers and easy to meet, esp women. He will tell you the truth.

I can also PM you the phone number of my friend Ken, a local TW guy, who lives in the Philippines. He is here in TW now. You can ask him the same question.

I can also give you the couchsurfing profile for Amber, the TW girl who admitted after thinking about it, that I was right. You already saw her letter numerous times cause I posted it.

So, until you show or prove otherwise (not with words), my experience and the admission of Taiwanese people themselves, support my observations about TW people. I have all the pieces. So my position is valid and I have ever right to report it honestly.

But even if I am wrong, you have NOT shown it or proven it at all, and you keep making excuses why you can't.

End of story.

PS - I just talked to my dad and he said that my observations about Taiwanese not being open to strangers casually like in Russia or the Philippines is definitely correct. However, he said that white guys like you will be treated differently in Taiwan and thus will have different experiences. But he thinks it is pointless to argue endlessly about personal experiences. Momopi also told me that white people live in a different world in Taiwan.

To Repatriate, Pacsun and Swincor:

You guys are being asses, for reasons I've explained many times. I'm going to have to start issuing temporary bans soon if this keeps up.

As for you Swincor, none of your posts have contributed anything here. They've all been garbage gutter attacks. Thus I will be removing all your posts and your profile soon.

Conclusion:

I hope I've made all this clear and shown the folly of endless arguments over little things. Please stop. I do not wish to waste another minute of this. Each minute we waste is gone forever, never to return and irreplaceable.

We should spend time on joyful things, or focus on solutions to problems, not arguing about personal experiences that goes nowhere.

Thanks,
Winston
Last edited by Winston on November 13th, 2012, 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

i am suprised about peoples reaction to bellaruth here. she is very very friendly open and cheerful. Down to earth like winston said about UK girls.
i like BellaRuth alot and i consider her one out of many british ladies that are pretty good women. what you see in one you see in many.
so i will check out the UK for dating in the near future. maybe it will work out. I don't know.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

To Rock:

Rock, I do not understand why you are taking cheap shots and questioning obvious things about me that are not in dispute, to undermine my character and crebility. It is irrational and there is no logical basis for it.

Instead of making these blanket charges, maybe you could address them in the specific posts when you believe the attacks have take place. Then I can more accurately address them.

First, I have no history of lying or deceit. So there is no reason to act like everything I say is suspicious. You are also taking a number of cheap shots.

I never claimed that you had a history of lying or deceit. I don’t believe I act like everything you say is suspicious. Again, it would be easier for me to respond to if you would address the issues at their point of origin.

- For instance, when I say that I am right brained or whole brained, you challenged me by asking me where my artwork and music composition pieces are. That is a cheap shot. If you knew anything about this area, you'd know that right brained simply means that I see things in terms of CONCEPTS AND IDEAS. It doesn't mean I can paint or draw well, though it can.

You often describe yourself as being some kind of creative genius while putting down right brain thinkers as narrow or stuck ‘in-the-box’. And you claim that certain forum members including myself are right brained. Please don’t dish-out criticism if you can’t take getting some back once in awhile.

My writing and insight is my greatest strength. Hundreds of people see that and compliment me for it. I have shown you all the quotes too. This includes reputable authors and even Nobel Prize Winners like Brian Josephson (Nobel Laureate 1973). You can email Josephson if you want and ask him if I'm a good writer with a lot of insight, if you want, to verify.

I don’t dispute this. And if a Nobel Laureate publicly complimented your writings, that’s an impressive testament to your work. But, I don’t agree with everything you write. If this is really the free thinking and truth seeking forum as you claim it is, why not accept opposing ideas without resorting to emotional outbursts or personal insults?

Thus this area is not in dispute. On the other hand, I say that you are left brain dominant because your primary key strength, and occupation too, is in financial/economic areas. Your interests and strengths lie in numbers, steps and practical things. Therefore, it is my judgement that you are more left brain dominant. Your posts reflect that too.

You also recently claimed that I have no passion. But you haven’t seen much of my work nor are you aware of all my occupations. What you know of comes from the last few months. Thinking and behavior can be very context dependent. People go through phases and cycles.

- Anyone can see that I am a HIGHLY ACCURATE person. Just look at the intro pages on this website. You will see a very high degree of accuracy in my spelling/grammar, and in how straight, orderly and symmetrical the boxes and fields are on those pages. (No one else has edited any of it) You can see that I have a high order of accuracy and symmetry in my work. I am not bragging when I say that. It's self-apparent.

So on what basis do you question every little thing I say, as though I were generally inaccurate, if that's your thesis and claim? Thus, it must be a personal thing, not a logical thing. Either way, it is quite offensive.

So perhaps you are more left brained than you realize, lol? Again, please list the charges where they happen to keep it logical. Otherwise, it just deteriorates into a personal thing.

You know, the last time I had an American girlfriend, she was 35 and hot and intelligent. She found me very attractive but was annoyed that I kept challenging her on every little point. I did not realize that I was doing it. To me, I was just asking honest questions. But she interpreted it as an attack on her. She may have been oversensitive. But you get the point. Just wanted you to be aware of that. Friends are not supposed to do that, unless there is a personal emotional reason why you wish to discredit another.

When you publicly praise yourself and your philosophy while putting-down other people and their ways of thinking, you invite critical scrutiny. Don’t be surprised or take it personally when it comes.

- Rock, you contest my claim of having good insight into people and being able to read others well, by citing exceptions such as me getting scammed by Katya and Julia in 2003. Again, that is another cheap shot.

Picture this. Suppose you sent me ten letters, and I noticed that a few words each letter were misspelled. Should I then claim that you are "generally a bad speller"? No of course not. Or suppose we had ten appointments to meet up, and you were on time for 8 of them, but late for 2 of them by 15 minutes. Should I then claim that you are "generally not on time"? No, of course not.

So WHY then are you trying to claim that I generally am inaccurate when I read others, just because of a minority of errors? No one is 100 percent accurate, but as long as I have a high degree of it, then I am generally accurate.

You baselessly called me a poor reader of people and claimed yourself to be an excellent one. Why is it a cheap shot when I merely refute your claim with 3 specific examples? I firmly believe the judgment mistakes with Katya or skinheads are blatant and obvious ones with potentially dangerous consequences, something I would not expect from a people reading expert.

You seem to be blind to all the times when I was RIGHT about others. Here is a recent example:

When BellaRuth first came to this forum, some of the guys here were protesting saying that western women here would wreck the forum, and that she was probably an angry feminist in disguise. On the other hand, I said that I could sense that she was genuine, honest, open minded, nonjudgmental and a very nice person in general. I could tell that from her posts and words. And my friend (known as Mr. S on this forum) who is also a very good judge of character and sees through BS really well, also said that she was the real deal and genuine in what she says.

Well it turned out that me and Mr. S was right. BellaRuth was not a disruptive force here, nor was she an angry feminist in disguise. She's gotten along with everyone great, and my initial impressions of her were correct.

Also, from corresponding with her, I learned that she has a lot of the same spiritual/metaphysical views that I do. So we are on similar wavelengths. That is how I could recognize the kind of person she was, cause "it takes one to know one". So I was RIGHT in my evaluation of her character.

Yet you forget that Rock, because you seem to WANT to undermine my ability to judge others, and you've taken cheap shots and focused on little mistakes to try to justify it, forcing me to waste time defending myself for something I should not have to defend myself for.

I think you forgot something. I supported you on this issue and welcomed her. Go back to BellaRuth’s first thread and you will see. I am not at all trying to undermine your ability to judge others or take cheap shots. I’m glad you defended her and convinced her to stay. IMO, it was the right decision.

All this simply because you do not like my views about Taiwan. For some reason, they've attacked your paradigm about Taiwan, and so you have an emotional need to try to discredit me. Is that so? Are you aware of that? I don’t think its fair

I can accept your views on Taiwan and even agree with certain points. But I wish you would appreciate the positives here once and awhile too. More importantly, I hope to eventually convince you that Taiwan just may be an attractive happier abroad option with rich social and dating prospects for some types of foreigners.

You know the first time I went to an MLM meeting, it sounded very exciting and convincing. They wanted me to fork over 900 dollars to be immediately placed in a distributor management position, which would place you higher up on the pyramid downline. I was really tempted. But my intuition and sixth sense told me not to get involved and to check it out first before making any commmitments. After talking to my dad and doing some research, I found out the scam that it was. So my intuition and feeling were right.

Sounds like an obvious no-brainer scam to me, about as convincing as a time-share. You must have been pretty young at the time to consider it so seriously.

- Finally, Rock, regarding Taiwan, I have EVERY RIGHT to claim that people, especially young women, are NOT generally open, approachable or easy to meet. It is based on both my DIRECT firsthand EXPERIENCE, and the ADMISSION of Taiwanese people themselves. That is all the reason in the world to come to that conclusion.

Yes, you have every right to make this claim and share your experience. No dispute. But please appreciate that some people here still somehow manage to carve-out a very fruitful dating and social life in spite of your observations and what the Taiwanese say.

Why should I change my opinion just because you say so? Even if your claims about the easiness of dating here are true, and even if you can cite a few exceptions, I have a valid right not to believe it or change my mind, because you have NOT SHOWN IT or PROVEN IT. And even if you did show it, that would not support your hypothesis that TW people are "generally open and approachable".

Please burn the following into your brain so I don’t need to repeat it anymore:

- This IS NOT my hypothesis: TW people are “generally open and approachable�.

- This IS my hypothesis: TW can provide some types of foreigners with a big dating and social life handicap over their home country.

I have elaborated on this hypothesis a lot in other posts. Now what would you consider showing / proving it to you? Introducing you to guys who do/did well, showing you their photo albums, or taking you to clubs to watch them operate? To prove something, we need to first agree on the definition of proof - to agree on the conditions and parameters (percentages of visitors who succeed here, what does success mean, etc.).

Here's a key point: If someone went to the Philippines and said, "Man the girls here are not open or approachable. I can't meet anybody here!" I WOULD show up at that person's hotel and pick them and SHOW THEM that a lot of girls there are very open, approachable and easy to meet/befriend. I could easily do it and I have. I have also done the same in Russia. You can email my friends and ask them.

Not my hypothesis about Taiwan so I have nothing to show in that regard.

I think your vids and journals clearly demonstrate that random Russian girls seem easy to meet casually in public places BUT they don't seem to take such encounters seriously nor give much of themselves back. Sometimes, they even take advantage of the situation by using you.

Now I know its easy to meet P4P providers in Angeles. But do you think you could randomly meet a lot of friendly girls in Makati at a decent Mall, middle class club, or other non-P4P venue?

Yet you are NOT able to do the same in Taiwan. WHY???????? That says it all and speaks volumes. Bottom line: I produce. You don't. No amount of arguing with words can change that.

Because Taiwan people generally don’t behave like Russians. But that doesn’t mean you can’t approach them in public. Our definitions of producing are different. For you, that means getting lots of instant eye contact and smiles in public wherever you. For me, it means it means managing to intimately date several attractive sincere girls with the option to get serious in a multi-month period.

If you want, call my home in Taiwan and talk to my dad. Ask him if Taiwanese people are very approachable to strangers and easy to meet, esp women. He will tell you the truth.

I can also PM you the phone number of my friend Ken, a local TW guy, who lives in the Philippines. He is here in TW now. You can ask him the same question.

I can also give you the couchsurfing profile for Amber, the TW girl who admitted after thinking about it, that I was right. You already saw her letter numerous times cause I posted it.

So, until you show or prove otherwise (not with words), my experience and the admission of Taiwanese people themselves, support my observations about TW people. I have all the pieces. So my position is valid and I have ever right to report it honestly.

We keep having this misunderstanding about the point of contention.

Even if TW people were the hardest to approach on the planet and everyone agreed on that point (locals and foreigners), it doesn’t change the fact that many male visitors here have enjoyed great social and dating relationships with the locals.

But even if I am wrong, you have NOT shown it or proven it at all, and you keep making excuses why you can't.

Very hard to prove absolutely. Sufficient proof dependent on specific parameters and what you want to see.

End of story.

PS - I just talked to my dad and he said that my observations about Taiwanese not being open to strangers casually like in Russia or the Philippines is definitely correct. However, he said that white guys like you will be treated differently in Taiwan and thus will have different experiences. But he thinks it is pointless to argue endlessly about personal experiences. Momopi also told me that white people live in a different world in Taiwan.

I assume your readership is broad – mostly males from western countries but of various race and age groups. I don’t think there’s a one-size-fits-all solution to being happier abroad for such a diverse group. Taiwan could potentially be the best destination for some. The discussions and debates we have about this topic are exploratory and I hope will ultimately yield useful information for some.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock:

Just because I praise myself doesn't mean you need to try to humble me. I am not praising myself in ways that I can't back. If I claimed to be great in basketball, that would be a false claim that I can't prove. But I am not. I am praising myself in areas that I am known to be strong in.

I also criticize myself a lot too, and reveal my weaknesses. So I do both.

But you seem to be challenging every little claim about me lately, just to follow in line with Repatriate. Are you aware of that?

From what I see of you, you are a strong left brain. (Btw, you keep mixing up right and left brain in your post. I said you were left brain dominant, not right, and that I was more whole brained. You got them mixed up in your post above. Do you realize that? lol)

You talk about numbers and finance a lot, rather than ideas and concepts. Do you deny that you are left brain dominant? If so, why? Do you claim to be whole brained or right brained?

I am not judging you, merely noticing patterns.

Can you give some examples of how you are attuned to the right brain? Do you ever go by intuition in making decisions? Do you see the big picture or only steps?

Why don't we play a game of chess and see if you can utilize strategy in both your left and right brain together? It takes a good visualization from your right brain's ability to formulate strategy to be effective in chess. It also takes a perfectionistic mind that is very careful not to make mistakes.

I'd be willing to bet $100 that I can probably beat you. My right brain intuitive ability feels strongly about it, and it is usually right. I'm 90 percent sure that I would win. Care to bet $100 on it?

I'd like to play in person of course.

Again, when you say "some" you are being vague. I can say that "some" people do well in Amway, but that's vague.

Is it your hypothesis that the vast majority of foreigners in TW, both Asian and White, have no trouble meeting girls and chatting them up with fluid ease, any time they want?

So now you admit that you were wrong when you said that TW girls are as approachable as Russian girls, right? You did say that. I swear it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw Rock,
YES I can meet Filipinas outside the bar scene. It's easy. Why do you doubt that? Do you see, you're doing it again. You act like you are doubting and challenging what I say, for no just cause.

Not in Makati, but in other cities I have. There are places with regular girls in Angeles too. I NEVER said I could only get bar girls. Nor did I say that I could not get regular girls. So why do you insinuate that?

I said it many times here before, that I can and have met and dated Filipinas outside the P4P scene. Do you honestly not remember? Or do you not WANT to remember?

I told you, it's annoying to have to repeat things over and over again. Then another bloke comes along and asks the same thing.

Would you like to repeat something over and over again?!

You've been following this forum a long time. It's hard to believe that you didn't see that I already answered that question before.

You see, again I've just wasted another minute of my life answering this that is gone forever.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Dear Rock:

I just realized that you misunderstood something.

I did NOT misread Julia and Katya like you claim. Nowhere in my journals did I say that I thought they were good and honest angels, not even in the beginning. I knew what they were from the start. It was obvious. So again, why did you twist things like American women do?

The truth is, even though I knew what they were, they were FUN and ENJOYABLE to be around. They had charisma. So I played their game to see if I could get some action too. Plus they were challenging too. Up until then I had lived a goody two shoes life with no fun or drama. So I wanted to have some for once in my life.

You may not agree with that reasoning. But you are not me and cannot understand how I feel. Hindsight is always 20/20 anyway.

What happened was that I MISCALCULATED them, not misread them. They were not as easy to play, nor would they give in to my techniques, not even to the strategy that Brad Sharp suggested to me, which didn't work as he said it would.

In the end, I was deceived by a professional con artist named Yanis, who used techniques I had never seen before. Incidentally, keep in mind that I've never been scammed in the USA before, so factor that in before you focus on my misses and deficiencies again.

But Yanis was a professional who was skilled at doing such things and had done it successfully with other victims before.

Anyhow, if you want I can upload some clips to YouTube from my Russia videos in which I stated right on the night of the engagement with Katya, that I knew she was no good and playing me. I said it right into my video. If you want, I can upload it to YouTube. It proves that I did not "misread" them.

Also, remember that hindsight is 20/20. When I was scammed by Vadim in 2004, for instance, I had met him first in 2003 on my 2nd trip. At that time I showed his pic to everyone on my email list. NO ONE said "That guy looks shady. I wouldn't trust him." But AFTER he scammed me and led me into an ambush in 2004, and everyone read about it, ONLY THEN did they start saying, "Why did you trust him? You can see from his photo that he's shady and not to be trusted!"

See how that works? People only claim to be smart alecks AFTER something happens, NOT BEFORE.

Again, I can cite you many instances of where my judgment and feelings about someone were proven to be right later on. But you like to forget all my hits for some reason. Why?

Can you factor all this in so I don't have to repeat it?

You know, the reason I find explaining little things like this tedious is because it is not intellectually stimulating and I don't learn anything from correcting every little misunderstanding and twist of facts.

Plus my impatience, which is part of my character admittedly, gets me annoyed easily and since I am very sensitive, little things everywhere can add up and overwhelm me, especially when I'm doing multiple things and behind on schedule.

PS - Regarding skinheads, you do not know any nor have you spent any time with them right? Everything you know about them is from the news. So you are not an authority on them, nor are you qualified to say how they would or would not react if I showed them my list on paper or anything. It is pure speculation on your part. Do you admit that?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just deleted swincor and all his posts. He just came back again as rocniws. Damn. Oh well. I'll just have to delete him and ban his email again.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw, this quote is so true:

"The men the American public admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth." - H. L. Mencken

Had I lied all the time here, I probably would have been more popular and had more fans. But by telling the truth, I attract higher quality people also attuned to the truth.

Remember back in 1984 during the Reagan vs. Dukakis Presidential election campaign? Dukakis banked on people appreciating his honesty and said this, "Reagan and I will both raise taxes. The difference is that he won't tell you about it, but I will." Of the two, Dukakis was the more honest one. But Reagan won anyway. You don't get more popular by telling people the truth. They'd rather be lied to by someone with some charisma, than be told the truth.

That's the sad state of affairs of how people are.

Of course, not everyone appreciates my honesty. Some people use my honesty AGAINST me. These folks are kind of dysfunctional and need to put others down to elevate themselves so that they can feel that someone is below them on the pecking order. These are the kind I sometimes have to ban here if they get out of hand.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Rock:

Just because I praise myself doesn't mean you need to try to humble me. I am not praising myself in ways that I can't back. If I claimed to be great in basketball, that would be a false claim that I can't prove. But I am not. I am praising myself in areas that I am known to be strong in.

Like I said, when you combine praising yourself and criticizing others, you invite challenge. If you can easily back it up, then do so when and where you are challenged. Putting time and place distance between the events and your responses creates confusion and leads to more subjectivity as memories are not perfect.

I also criticize myself a lot too, and reveal my weaknesses. So I do both.

Yes, you have put yourself out like an open book.

But you seem to be challenging every little claim about me lately, just to follow in line with Repatriate. Are you aware of that?

I don’t challenge every little claim you make or follow Repatriate. The fact is, at times I’ve defended you, complimented you, and given you credit and generally contributed positively to the forum. I was one of a handful of people to support you with a positive review on Amazon. But if this is really an open and honest forum, I should also be entitled to express my opinion when I don’t agree with you. Anyway, why don’t you address things where they happen instead of making assertions out of their context?

From what I see of you, you are a strong left brain. (Btw, you keep mixing up right and left brain in your post. I said you were left brain dominant, not right, and that I was more whole brained. You got them mixed up in your post above. Do you realize that? lol)

You talk about numbers and finance a lot, rather than ideas and concepts. Do you deny that you are left brain dominant? If so, why? Do you claim to be whole brained or right brained?

My apologies for mixing-up the terminology. Not very left brained of me, or is it right brained (scratching head). But seriously, I don’t know for sure now and I cannot deny the possibility. When I was a general manager, I dealt primarily with concepts and big picture issues and handled them well. But that was quite some time ago. My analyst jobs pushed me hard in the other direction and I took to it pretty naturally. Currently, I focus a lot on practical issues. But at times, like when I read the Bible or philosophical texts, my mind would move in different direction.

I am not judging you, merely noticing patterns.

Same goes for me. I'm just expressing my opinions based on what I notice.

Can you give some examples of how you are attuned to the right brain? Do you ever go by intuition in making decisions? Do you see the big picture or only steps?

Interesting question. My intuition has served me well in times of danger and saved me from being a victim. Ironically, some of my most successful investment decisions were driven by gut feelings, not in-depth financial analysis. I’ve done well at reading girls and figuring out which ones might open up to me (in spite of up front coldness from some), which ones had promising long term potential, and which ones were just good for casual fun. In the past, you’ve asked people for PU lines and formulas as if it’s a very left brained type of activity. I would argue that its more of a right brained skill which involves gauging a person’s inner motivations and figuring out ways to crack their shell on the spot or in the context of the specific situation. As for seeing the big picture, when solving problems, I tend to get bogged down by the most challenging steps and if these can’t be overcome, get frustrated or put it off.

I think you stated somewhere before, and I paraphrase, “some problems are not meant to be solved, only endured�. To me, that’s a deep and interesting though somewhat discouraging point of view. Was that your own insight or borrowed from someone else?

Why don't we play a game of chess and see if you can utilize strategy in both your left and right brain together? It takes a good visualization from your right brain's ability to formulate strategy to be effective in chess. It also takes a perfectionistic mind that is very careful not to make mistakes.

I'd be willing to bet $100 that I can probably beat you. My right brain intuitive ability feels strongly about it, and it is usually right. I'm 90 percent sure that I would win. Care to bet $100 on it?

I'd like to play in person of course.

And I’d be willing to bet you $10,000 that you could quickly beat me. The last time I played, I was 11. I don’t even remember the rules. Can’t left brained dominant people become good at chess too? And isn’t a person’s IQ correlated with their ultimate potential as a chess player? Don’t you think someone with a 140 IQ could on average, develop into a much better chess player than a person of median IQ, irregardless of whether the smarter guy was right or left brain dominant?

Again, when you say "some" you are being vague. I can say that "some" people do well in Amway, but that's vague.

As I said before, we both just need to agree on the specifics. For younger guys, I would easily but my “some� at over 50%, much better odds than with Amway.

Is it your hypothesis that the vast majority of foreigners in TW, both Asian and White, have no trouble meeting girls and chatting them up with fluid ease, any time they want?

I wouldn’t go that far. It’s not that they can chat any girl up at anytime without getting rejected. It’s that they will likely enjoy a sufficient success rate over a period of weeks to months to yield a fruitful dating and social life, something they could not duplicate at home. Even a 0.1 batting average is effective in the dating world if as long as you make plenty of approaches. If someone gets anything close to that on cold approaches to attractive girls in the States, they probably don’t need to go abroad. Also, its not uncommon for some of these guys to get approached by locals once in awhile.

So now you admit that you were wrong when you said that TW girls are as approachable as Russian girls, right? You did say that. I swear it.

No need to swear it. Just post the relevant link. That simple. If I made mistakes or have made inconsistent claims, I will publicly own up to them.
Last edited by Rock on October 10th, 2010, 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Btw Rock,
YES I can meet Filipinas outside the bar scene. It's easy. Why do you doubt that? Do you see, you're doing it again. You act like you are doubting and challenging what I say, for no just cause.

Not in Makati, but in other cities I have. There are places with regular girls in Angeles too. I NEVER said I could only get bar girls. Nor did I say that I could not get regular girls. So why do you insinuate that?

I said it many times here before, that I can and have met and dated Filipinas outside the P4P scene. Do you honestly not remember? Or do you not WANT to remember?

I told you, it's annoying to have to repeat things over and over again. Then another bloke comes along and asks the same thing.

Would you like to repeat something over and over again?!

You've been following this forum a long time. It's hard to believe that you didn't see that I already answered that question before.

You see, again I've just wasted another minute of my life answering this that is gone forever.
Winston, I didn't doubt it. It was a sincere question, not a challenge or expression of doubt. You really misunderstood and responded with emotion.

On my last visit to Makati, I noticed a tall and attractive sales girl in one of the mall shops and always wondered how easy it might be for a foreign visitor to approach and get an intimate date with (not that I'm at liberty to do so). I also visited a partially built Makati condo project there and the classy young sales lady who showed us around was quite sexy. I wondered the same thing about her.

You've also asked me the same things over time in different posts several times or put words in my mouth which required me to repeat things I spelled out clearly in the past. Please lighten-up. Every contributing member on this forum invests (not wastes) irrecoverable time. If you really want to save time, address issues when and where they first occur as I've requested several times before.
Last edited by Rock on October 10th, 2010, 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Dear Rock:

I just realized that you misunderstood something.

I did NOT misread Julia and Katya like you claim. Nowhere in my journals did I say that I thought they were good and honest angels, not even in the beginning. I knew what they were from the start. It was obvious. So again, why did you twist things like American women do?

The truth is, even though I knew what they were, they were FUN and ENJOYABLE to be around. They had charisma. So I played their game to see if I could get some action too. Plus they were challenging too. Up until then I had lived a goody two shoes life with no fun or drama. So I wanted to have some for once in my life.

You may not agree with that reasoning. But you are not me and cannot understand how I feel. Hindsight is always 20/20 anyway.

What happened was that I MISCALCULATED them, not misread them. They were not as easy to play, nor would they give in to my techniques, not even to the strategy that Brad Sharp suggested to me, which didn't work as he said it would.

In the end, I was deceived by a professional con artist named Yanis, who used techniques I had never seen before. Incidentally, keep in mind that I've never been scammed in the USA before, so factor that in before you focus on my misses and deficiencies again.

But Yanis was a professional who was skilled at doing such things and had done it successfully with other victims before.

Anyhow, if you want I can upload some clips to YouTube from my Russia videos in which I stated right on the night of the engagement with Katya, that I knew she was no good and playing me. I said it right into my video. If you want, I can upload it to YouTube. It proves that I did not "misread" them.

Also, remember that hindsight is 20/20. When I was scammed by Vadim in 2004, for instance, I had met him first in 2003 on my 2nd trip. At that time I showed his pic to everyone on my email list. NO ONE said "That guy looks shady. I wouldn't trust him." But AFTER he scammed me and led me into an ambush in 2004, and everyone read about it, ONLY THEN did they start saying, "Why did you trust him? You can see from his photo that he's shady and not to be trusted!"

See how that works? People only claim to be smart alecks AFTER something happens, NOT BEFORE.

Again, I can cite you many instances of where my judgment and feelings about someone were proven to be right later on. But you like to forget all my hits for some reason. Why?

Can you factor all this in so I don't have to repeat it?

You know, the reason I find explaining little things like this tedious is because it is not intellectually stimulating and I don't learn anything from correcting every little misunderstanding and twist of facts.

Plus my impatience, which is part of my character admittedly, gets me annoyed easily and since I am very sensitive, little things everywhere can add up and overwhelm me, especially when I'm doing multiple things and behind on schedule.

PS - Regarding skinheads, you do not know any nor have you spent any time with them right? Everything you know about them is from the news. So you are not an authority on them, nor are you qualified to say how they would or would not react if I showed them my list on paper or anything. It is pure speculation on your part. Do you admit that?
Thanks for providing more context. I think still photos are of limited use. You can tell a lot more about people by spending a bit of time with them and observing subtleties of their body language. You came across as being a very nice and trusting guy from the early vids I saw of the first trip. I bet if you went back again, your attitude would be more jaded.

As for Russian skinheads, just consider something simple. Their core philosophy is all about inflicting violence on non-white foreigners and residents to get rid of them and deter more from coming. This is quite apparent from the vids and propaganda they and their supporters put out. They train for this regularly and are very action oriented and brutal. They also have some political support from the broader population. Don't you think the wisest move, if you ever spotted any of them, would be to quietly slip away before they saw you instead of confronting them and trying to win them over? And this case is not about hindsight, its a hypothetical scenario of "what would you do if...".
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Btw, this quote is so true:

"The men the American public admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth." - H. L. Mencken

Had I lied all the time here, I probably would have been more popular and had more fans. But by telling the truth, I attract higher quality people also attuned to the truth.

Remember back in 1984 during the Reagan vs. Dukakis Presidential election campaign? Dukakis banked on people appreciating his honesty and said this, "Reagan and I will both raise taxes. The difference is that he won't tell you about it, but I will." Of the two, Dukakis was the more honest one. But Reagan won anyway. You don't get more popular by telling people the truth. They'd rather be lied to by someone with some charisma, than be told the truth.

That's the sad state of affairs of how people are.

Of course, not everyone appreciates my honesty. Some people use my honesty AGAINST me. These folks are kind of dysfunctional and need to put others down to elevate themselves so that they can feel that someone is below them on the pecking order. These are the kind I sometimes have to ban here if they get out of hand.
Reagan in fact lowered taxes quite dramatically. Large across the board tax cuts were a key component of 'Reaganomics'. Therefore, he was quite true to his word.

His term coincided with Fed Chairman Paul Volcker successfully combating double digit inflation too.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

>_<

U.S. Constitution, Article 1 Section 7

Article 1 - The Legislative Branch
Section 7 - Revenue Bills, Legislative Process, Presidential Veto

All bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.

Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States; If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his Objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the Objections at large on their Journal, and proceed to reconsider it. If after such Reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the Bill, it shall be sent, together with the Objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a Law. But in all such Cases the Votes of both Houses shall be determined by Yeas and Nays, and the Names of the Persons voting for and against the Bill shall be entered on the Journal of each House respectively. If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law, in like Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law.

Every Order, Resolution, or Vote to which the Concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary (except on a question of Adjournment) shall be presented to the President of the United States; and before the Same shall take Effect, shall be approved by him, or being disapproved by him, shall be repassed by two thirds of the Senate and House of Representatives, according to the Rules and Limitations prescribed in the Case of a Bill.

Also, read here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_Reform_Act_of_1986
swincor
Freshman Poster

Post by swincor »

Remember back in 1984 during the Reagan vs. Dukakis Presidential election campaign?
Dukakis did not run against Reagan in 1984; he ran against Bush I in 1988.

It was Mondale who ran against Reagan in 84.

I think you stated somewhere before, and I paraphrase, “some problems are not meant to be solved, only endured�. To me, that’s a deep and interesting though somewhat discouraging point of view. Was that your own insight or borrowed from someone else?
Thats just his rationalization for his laziness and inaction, nothing more.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

hmmmm !! i guess winston is right these guys just keep challenging and arguing. can't we all just get along. Dudes or Dudettes just drop it. :roll: :wink: