Apple sucks - Why do iPhone/iPad have such limitations?

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Winston
Site Admin

Apple sucks - Why do iPhone/iPad have such limitations?

Post by Winston »

Why does apple iPad and iPhone suck and is so limiting? I tried to use my dad's iPad to download an mp3 file but it won't. It only downloads from itunes. If i try to download an audio file from a web browser it will just play the file in the browser itself only. Stupid. I googled this problem and discovered that it's an apple problem only and comes that way.

You can easily download files on android but not on apple, even though apple is more expensive? Geez. Why dont apple consumers complain about this? Why do apple lovers accept such limitations? So lame. And why did Steve Jobs allow such restrictions that his competition doesnt have? Strange. Downloading files is important to me. So this feature is a must.

Apple is so frustrating to use. Why is it marketed as being easier to use and more user friendly and intuitive? I dont get it. It certainly seems harder to use for me than android. So why the higher cost of apple? I dont get it.

Also theres no back button on the iPhone or iPad interface too, like there is on the android on the bottom buttons.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Re: Apple sucks - Why do iPhone/iPad have such limitations?

Post by TruthSeeker »

What you can do is install the VLC player. Then open your browser and copy the link of the mp3. Then in VLC go to Downloads. The link will be in the clipboard and click Download. Once the file is downloaded you can listen with VLC anytime.

Apple does have back button in their browser.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

You can also download the file to your computer then transfer via cable or wifi.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:What you can do is install the VLC player. Then open your browser and copy the link of the mp3. Then in VLC go to Downloads. The link will be in the clipboard and click Download. Once the file is downloaded you can listen with VLC anytime.

Apple does have back button in their browser.
Are you talking about the iPhone or iPad or mac computer? Theres a VLC app too for the phone. Will it do that too?

The apple browser may have a back button but the iPhone and iPad do not have a back button under the screen like android does right?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Alsp how would you download files on iPhone or iPad from a link like this below?

www.happierabroad.com/musicfile.mp3

If you cant then why dont apple customers complain? Arent there hacks and apps that let u do that? Why does apple do that? Whats the logic of restricting the web?

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Yes, install VLC player on your iPhone/ipad. Then go to Downloads and enter the URL of the mp3.

Alternatively, download the file on any PC - Windows or Mac - then transfer the file via iTunes.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Can you just connect an iPad to a computer with a USB data cable and transfer files between them using Windows only? Like you can with Android?

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Winston wrote:Can you just connect an iPad to a computer with a USB data cable and transfer files between them using Windows only? Like you can with Android?
You have to use iTunes or jailbreak your device then you can use Windows only like with Android.
Last edited by TruthSeeker on October 21st, 2017, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Probably good to start shorting Apple stock. On the ground in China, Apple is over. I've polled my students and they mostly have homegrown phones (especially Huawei). And these brands are catching on in Europe as well.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

xiongmao wrote:Probably good to start shorting Apple stock. On the ground in China, Apple is over. I've polled my students and they mostly have homegrown phones (especially Huawei). And these brands are catching on in Europe as well.
I've got to start trading in stock options. Put options for Apple stock on a long enough term would be a surefire winner. I just don't know enough about the minutiae yet. I'll learn.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:Yes, install VLC player on your iPhone/ipad. Then go to Downloads and enter the URL of the mp3.

Alternatively, download the file on any PC - Windows or Mac - then transfer the file via iTunes.
Ok i did what you said with VLC. It worked. The files were downloaded. But the problem is that the files can only be seen and played with VLC. When i downloaded some file manager apps from the apple app store, none of them could find the mp3 files downloaded by VLC. Wtf? Thats strange. Its like they dont exist. You'd never see that on android. Are they hidden files? That's so dumb.

Why did apple make all files hidden except what you download from itunes and camera photos? Thats so lame. How do apple users share files or even text files and MS Word files? I dont get it.

How can something so popular with airhead girls in Asia be so hard to use and so limiting? Whats the logic? Did steve jobs approve of all this? I thought jobs was pro freedom?

Michaelbot
Freshman Poster

Apple sucks Why do iPhone/iPad have such limitations

Post by Michaelbot »

I don't know miD. With Jobs coming out with that "bag of hurt" jibe he did I don't know why they're even members of the BDA.

All Apple care about is the iTunes store and the Apple TV.
Sport nutrition here: https://www.sportzfuel.com/
Aron
Freshman Poster

Post by Aron »

@Winston
Winston wrote:
October 14th, 2017, 9:49 am
Why does apple iPad and iPhone suck and is so limiting? I tried to use my dad's iPad to download an mp3 file but it won't. It only downloads from itunes. If i try to download an audio file from a web browser it will just play the file in the browser itself only. Stupid. I googled this problem and discovered that it's an apple problem only and comes that way.
It's probably because of copyright related bullshit where Apple wants you to only buy their products, and people are stupid enough to buy apple products anyways. It's the same reason they don't even let you swap out the battery for another type of battery, if the battery breaks you have a broken and useless phone even though it would be easy for them to design a better one that had batteries that could easily be swapped out with other types of batteries. The objectively inferior phone that breaks so easily from one small part breaking is more profitable, because a broken phone probably means a new sale of another IPhone as the frustrated consumer buys a replacement, or buys the new IPhone model as a replacement instead. Then people get used to it so it doesn't matter if it's stupid. From a profit standpoint where the company only considers their own benefit in money, it's an optimal choice even if it obviously is wasteful of resources and draining on the consumer. Apple has a big enough base of dedicated Apple consumers that they don't have to fix these flaws. If they fixed any of these stupid flaws you mentioned, it would make Apple consumers smarter and they'd figure out all the flaws are quite dumb and possibly switch to other phones which Apple wouldn't want. As long as Apple can keep profiting off of it and people don't switch to other phones like Android phones on their own on a large enough scale to drop their profits noticably they will literally always choose to keep the giant list of flaws.

Basically it's structural stupidity generated and encouraged by the market system. It's more profitable to sell some expensive phone over and over again with tiny revisions that you use to then call it an Iphone 6, 7, etc, than to actually do your best to make the best product you can that will last a long time. It can't last too long, that way consumers keep buying new Iphones every so often so the company can keep profiting off of something, whether they buy a new phone due to the actual breakdown of their product or advertising swaying them to buy the 'Next Big Thing' even if their current phone is just fine for their needs.