Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Smart Phones - Questions and Discussion

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Smart Phones - Questions and Discussion

Post by Winston » July 16th, 2018, 9:45 pm

Just to let you all know, you need at least 1 GB of free space on your smart phone, or else it will freeze and crash a lot and a lot of apps won't even work anymore. But 2 GB of free space is best for the phone's performance. See this article below.

https://www.howtogeek.com/325537/how-mu ... ur-iphone/

I'm not sure if they mean free space in Internal Storage or SD Card Storage, or both, but I would imagine it refers to Internal Storage Space, since that is what the phone operating system uses the most and stores its cache.

I can confirm that this is true though, because when my phone has less than 1 GB free storage space, it starts to crash and freeze and many apps don't even load up anymore.

@momopi what do you think?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » July 16th, 2018, 9:55 pm

My Italian friend when he visited Hong Kong with me bought this new phone there called Xiaomi M1 A1, because it's the best budget phone yet for its price range. It has 64GB of internal storage and 4GB RAM and other top specs too. It only cost about 200 dollars and has very little bloatware with stock android. No other phone at that price range compares with it. My friend bought it because it wasn't sold in the Philippines yet. Here is a review of it.

Full phone specs:
https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_a1-8776.php
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

fdiv
Freshman Poster

Post by fdiv » July 29th, 2018, 6:09 pm

I got this while at Nepo Mall In Angeles:
https://www.teknogadyet.com/2017/11/fir ... ility.html
It was only 4400 Pesos. I got something similar for my girlfriend while there but only 2500 with similar specs lol. She went over to pick one out
with me not there so to get a good price, then waved me over. Before any trolls respond "sucker u bought her stuff, fagget loser sucker haha", I wasn't barfining or spending extra money on this girl other than regular expenses and some small bonuses like this and some groceries for her family. All spending was kept at the level as if I were just barfining her and treating her (the girls always want food). Even so she was really modest about stuff and tried to help me keep expenses down.

She told me the basic difference in these off brand android phones and the Samsungs which were highly regarded is the Wifi and connection are stronger and more reliable than on these "chinaphones" (their term).

Anyway the specs on the Aurii Razor 4g Plus

Dual SIM, dual standby, supports LTE connectivity
5.5-inch IPS OGS HD (1280x720) capacitive touchscreen display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
Dimensions: TBA
Weight: TBA
Android 7.0 Nougat
64-bit 1.3GHz quad core Cortex-A53 CPU, Mali-T720MP2 GPU, MediaTek MT6737 chipset (TBA)
2GB of RAM
16GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via micro SD card
13MP dual main cameras with LED flash
5MP BSI secondary camera
Multimedia player
3.5mm audio jack
GPS with A-GPS
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
Micro USB 2.0 with OTG function
Bluetooth
Sensors: fingerprint, accelerometer, light, proximity, compass
Battery: 2820mAh lithium-polymer, non-removable

All new, all unlocked, and with decent specs for under $100. I needed a phone at the time since ubuntu update quasi-bricked my netbook. I never had a smartphone in the US (just symbian based phone) and figured it was time for an update anyway.
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
options abroad: limitless 8)