Did the internet cause time to speed up? How come time was slower before the internet?

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Winston
Site Admin

Did the internet cause time to speed up? How come time was slower before the internet?

Post by Winston »

A lot of people say that time is speeding up during the last decade or so. They say it may be because the Earth is moving to a higher vibration and getting ready to ascend to a higher dimension or something. Or we are in some transition to a New Age or New Cycle. That seems to be true. Even children report time speeding up, so it's not only older people that sense that.

However, I have another take on it. I noticed that time for me seemed to speed up after the internet became mainstream in 1996. Before that I had a lot of extra time. I would always get everything done and then have plenty of time left over for daydreaming or reading books, or even playing with toys, etc.

But ever since the internet went public in 1996, all that changed. With so many things to do online and so much to keep up with - hobbies, interests, chats, videos, forums, etc - it seems that there NEVER is enough time to keep up with it all. Plus when you're on a computer time seems to move faster for some reason than when you are walking outside or doing some physical activity. Everyday I have an endless list of things to do that can never be completed online that goes off the chart, literally! I can never keep up with it all and fall behind on everything to the point where I am years or even decades behind. It's merely impossible to keep up with everything. How does everyone else do it?

I thought it's because I have bad time management skills and get distracted too easily. But then so do others. So how do others get everything done? I have endless videos and articles to publish, and endless emails to answer from many years ago, yet it's impossible to do it all, and if I try, I get tired and then have to sleep or do something else. It's impossible. Plus I do not have unlimited time or energy. Even if I work online all day, I can only get a fraction of everything done that I want to get done.

Plus one has to eat, sleep, do errands, wash clothes, clean the house, etc. How can one get an infinity of things done when each day feels like it's only 16 hours and not 24 hours? And plus I need 9 or 10 hours of sleep too, not just 8. Also when you get older your stamina for sitting at a desk or computer becomes less.

So it's impossible. Everything is against me. How do others get anything done? Do any of you have this problem too? Have any of you noticed time speeding up after the internet went public and gave you an infinite number of things to keep up with that you can never keep up with?

Definitely before 1996 I never had trouble keeping up with everything. I could always get things done in the material offline world, and have extra time for reading, meditating or day dreaming. The time seemed to drag and I often didn't know what to do with it. Now after the internet was invented and became part of my life, or became my life rather, I am struggling to keep up always and never feel that I have enough time. Time has become a precious resource that I never have enough of. It's like a curse, and a very bad thing, because I feel like I have lost control over my life now. Perhaps that's what the elite want? I had a bad gut feeling when the internet was made public in 1996 and I was right. I sensed that it would fundamentally change life as we know it. And I was right. I had a foreboding feeling about it.

If I didn't have a fast typing speed, I wouldn't even have time to write this post, but fortunately I do type fast and that's how I'm able to write something like this.

Do any of you feel the same way or experience the same regarding the internet speeding up time to the point where you never have enough time but before you always had plenty of extra time?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Did the internet cause time to speed up? How come time was slower before the internet?

Post by MrMan »

I think part of this is a result of aging. When I was a child, an hour seemed like a very long time. Time seems to go by fast when you get older.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Did the internet cause time to speed up? How come time was slower before the internet?

Post by Winston »

Yes part of it is aging. But even children say that time is speeding up. That's why New Agers think it's a metaphysical phenomenon too.

That's why the older you get, you should keep having new experiences and travel more, because fresh new experiences slows down time. In comparison if your life is a total routine where you do the same thing everyday, you have no new memories or experiences and so time seems even faster and no new memories are stored. I explained this in another thread about how travel slows down time.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=37357
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
October 17th, 2018, 2:43 am
Yes part of it is aging. But even children say that time is speeding up. That's why New Agers think it's a metaphysical phenomenon too.

That's why the older you get, you should keep having new experiences and travel more, because fresh new experiences slows down time. In comparison if your life is a total routine where you do the same thing everyday, you have no new memories or experiences and so time seems even faster and no new memories are stored. I explained this in another thread about how travel slows down time.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=37357
Fly on cheap flights that don't have movies, TV, games, etc. Take some little kids with you, especially on 30 hour trips. Those trips feel really long.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I wouldn't take kids to go traveling. That's too much trouble. Watch the Chevy Chase Vacation movies and you will see what I mean. Those family vacations seem like nightmares. lol

@growup have you seen the Chevy Chase Vacation movies? Are your family vacations like that too? lol. Or like the movie RV with Robin Williams? lol