What's a good free Content Management System?

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

What's a good free Content Management System?

Post by Cornfed »

Can anyone recommend a good free CMS? The site I might want would be reasonably simple, but I would want free and restricted areas, the possibility of searches and user updates and possibly a forum. Currently Joomla seems to be the best option.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wordpress is a good free CMS. But it is not easy to learn and takes a while to get the grasp of it.

Note: You download the Wordpress CMS from Wordpress.org. Wordpress.com hosts blogs but is not the CMS that you can upload to your website.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:Wordpress is a good free CMS. But it is not easy to learn and takes a while to get the grasp of it.
Yes, it is between Wordpress and Joomla. Durpal is the other main one, but it is more for experienced developers and I lack the expertise to add much functionality and can't be bothered designing my own theme. I would have though Wordpress was more of an overgrown blogging platform and Joomla was better supported for most purposes, but I could well be wrong.