Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Git and Tattoos

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Post Reply
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2461
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 9:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Git and Tattoos

Post by fschmidt » March 18th, 2015, 8:02 am

Git is the hot version control system for programmers. And I am grateful for Git for the same reason that I am grateful for tattoos, because they are the mark of the beast and easily let me identify and avoid what is bad/evil. 99% of open source software projects are located on GitHub, a website that combines hosted Git services with an incredibly bad user interface. And thanks to GitHub, I only have to look at 1% of the open source projects when looking for tools, because I know that all of the 99% on GitHub will suck. Git is shit and GitHub is ShitHub. Tattoos are the same concept, I avoid dealing with anyone with tattoos because I know they will be incompetent morons. Let us thank God that He has given us obvious signs of evil like tattoos, Git, and GitHub to allow us to avoid disgusting garbage.

For my open source projects, I have been using Google Code with Subversion. That worked fine, but now Google is shutting down Google Code which makes sense because Google Code was the only good service Google offers, and Google wants to limit itself to pure crap so as to appeal to the crappy human scum of modern culture. Makes perfect sense. But now I need an alternative. It turns out that there is another version control system called Mercurial that does everything that Git does, but does it right. Mercurial is good modern software, and therefore unpopular. There is also a hosting service for it, Bitbucket, which is like GitHub except much better, and so, naturally, unpopular. I will use those.

Support morality, support Islam.

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7875
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Git and Tattoos

Post by Jester » March 20th, 2015, 3:16 am

:lol:

FSchmidt, please keep this up.

I needed the laugh, thanks.

Your tech rants are always superb.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."

User avatar
starchild5
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2172
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 11:32 am

Re: Git and Tattoos

Post by starchild5 » March 20th, 2015, 4:06 am

You are right....Don't fall for Open Source Jewish Scam ...I don't understand how educated highly intelligent men fall for the con called Open Source Movement.

90% of the corporate servers now run on Linux...and other open source tools..Thanks to Useful Idiots...Corporate get code done for free and Write themselves huge checks for millions....

They can hire 1000s of workers and get the work done for free....Its huge scam....90% of the corporate millionaires just use the code and do not give anything back to the community...I'm totally against anything that is free movement...

Its all about money and the Jewish control of Online world is as much as ridiculous as their control of Hollywood..here are some example..

1. Google...Jewish Founders

2. Amazon ...Jewish Founders

3. ebay..Jewish Founders

4. PayPal ...Jewish Founders

5. Uber...Jewish Founders

6. airBnb...Jewish Founders

7. Facebook...Jewish Founders

8. Twitter...Jewish Founders

All using Open Source code to make billions...Thank You Useful Idiots of the western world..Your sacrifice just made someone a billionaire

User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2769
Joined: August 14th, 2012, 12:48 am
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Re: Git and Tattoos

Post by Teal Lantern » March 20th, 2015, 5:08 am

fschmidt wrote:For my open source projects, I have been using Google Code with Subversion. That worked fine, but now Google is shutting down Google Code ... But now I need an alternative.
You can't do like Hillary and set up your own cache of all the needed files?
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything

fschmidt
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2461
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 9:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Git and Tattoos

Post by fschmidt » March 20th, 2015, 5:31 am

Teal Lantern wrote:You can't do like Hillary and set up your own cache of all the needed files?
Sure, that's distributed version control which Mercurial does well.
Support morality, support Islam.

fschmidt
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2461
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 9:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Git and Tattoos

Post by fschmidt » March 20th, 2015, 5:40 am

starchild5 wrote:You are right....Don't fall for Open Source Jewish Scam ...I don't understand how educated highly intelligent men fall for the con called Open Source Movement.

90% of the corporate servers now run on Linux...and other open source tools..Thanks to Useful Idiots...Corporate get code done for free and Write themselves huge checks for millions....

They can hire 1000s of workers and get the work done for free....Its huge scam....90% of the corporate millionaires just use the code and do not give anything back to the community...I'm totally against anything that is free movement...

Its all about money and the Jewish control of Online world is as much as ridiculous as their control of Hollywood..here are some example..

1. Google...Jewish Founders

2. Amazon ...Jewish Founders

3. ebay..Jewish Founders

4. PayPal ...Jewish Founders

5. Uber...Jewish Founders

6. airBnb...Jewish Founders

7. Facebook...Jewish Founders

8. Twitter...Jewish Founders

All using Open Source code to make billions...Thank You Useful Idiots of the western world..Your sacrifice just made someone a billionaire
starchild, the only problem with your argument is that I am Jewish. The open source product that I happen to be railing against here is Git, developed by Linus Torvalds who is not Jewish. This guy also develop Linux, another open source curse on humanity. What all these guys have in common is that they are all from roughly the same generation of modern culture. It is the prior generation that developed all the good stuff; C, Unix, HTML, Java, etc. I don't know which of these is Jewish and I don't really care. The real point is that ALL of modern culture is going down the tubes, and I see this most forcefully in technology because that is where I spend my time. I guess the guys here who spend their time pursuing women see it in the women. But basically you can see the decline modern culture wherever you look.
Support morality, support Islam.

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6203
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Re: Git and Tattoos

Post by Cornfed » March 20th, 2015, 6:08 am

fschmidt wrote:The open source product that I happen to be railing against here is Git, developed by Linus Torvalds who is not Jewish. This guy also developed Linux, another open source curse on humanity. What all these guys have in common is that they are all from roughly the same generation of modern culture. It is the prior generation that developed all the good stuff; C, Unix, HTML, Java, etc.
I don't really know anything about programming, but my impression gained when studying computer science a decade ago was that Java sucked while GNU-Linux was good. This impression was shared by apparent quality programmers. It might be interesting to discuss why various software sucks or not in the appropriate forum.

fschmidt
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2461
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 9:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Git and Tattoos

Post by fschmidt » March 20th, 2015, 6:22 am

Cornfed wrote:I don't really know anything about programming, but my impression gained when studying computer science a decade ago was that Java sucked while GNU-Linux was good. This impression was shared by apparent quality programmers. It might be interesting to discuss why various software sucks or not in the appropriate forum.
Was this your personal impression from having worked with these things, or a second hand opinion?

What you wrote here is the consensus opinion today, which is a good argument against it. I think Java was exceptionally well designed and that it remains by far the best statically typed language out there. I use it every day. Unix was great for what it was designed for, which was to be a simple multi-user operating system mostly for use by programmers. In this scenario, you have one system administrator managing a central mini-computer and a bunch of programmers using that computer for development. This is how it was used at Bell Labs when I was there before Unix was popular. Unix was never designed as a desktop operating system which has to be administered by an end user. The reason that Linux and GNU/BSD operating system suck is that they are being used as Unix was never intended to be used. A lot of Unix is designed for multi-user support which adds complexity. And there was no attempt in Unix to make administration easy because there was no need. But to expect an end user to maintain Linux is absurd. Of course Linux users love it because they are modern idiots who love wasting their time on utterly useless activity like editing /etc files. Comparing Linux to Windows is pointless. No decent desktop operating system was ever developed because modern culture had already deteriorated beyond the point where it could develop good software by the time desktop computers were widespread.
Support morality, support Islam.

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4470
Joined: April 28th, 2013, 3:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: Git and Tattoos

Post by Moretorque » March 20th, 2015, 9:37 am

Is it possible that all the new techs going backwards and the poor quality of the new stuff coming out is being done on purpose to make society go backwards technically now rather than forward ? Could there be a group behind the scenes putting all the good technical items being invented now away for themselves while letting the crappy stuff hit the market ?

A lot of informed people say there is a group formed called the break away civilization and it would make sense for them to do this.
Last edited by Moretorque on March 20th, 2015, 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7875
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Git and Tattoos

Post by Jester » March 20th, 2015, 6:21 pm

fschmidt wrote:

Unix was great for what it was designed for, which was to be a simple multi-user operating system mostly for use by programmers. In this scenario, you have one system administrator managing a central mini-computer and a bunch of programmers using that computer for development. This is how it was used at Bell Labs when I was there before Unix was popular. Unix was never designed as a desktop operating system which has to be administered by an end user. The reason that Linux and GNU/BSD operating system suck is that they are being used as Unix was never intended to be used. A lot of Unix is designed for multi-user support which adds complexity. And there was no attempt in Unix to make administration easy because there was no need. But to expect an end user to maintain Linux is absurd. Of course Linux users love it because they are modern idiots who love wasting their time on utterly useless activity like editing /etc files. Comparing Linux to Windows is pointless. No decent desktop operating system was ever developed because modern culture had already deteriorated beyond the point where it could develop good software by the time desktop computers were widespread.
+1 and thanks for the great explanation.

I programmed in COBOL, BASIC and FORTRAN on the IBM 360 and also on a Data General mini -- an "Eclipse" running DG's multi-user "AOS" I think. Programming on these machnes was indeed a dream. All I had to do was write the code and debug it. The system administrators ("operators" in the old IBM days) handled all the other stuff.

I've been disgusted with how secretarial and clerical tasks have been foisted onto salesmen and writers and other skilled workers via PC's. But I guess the role of systems admin has also been foisted on us. And that is where most of my frustrations lie.

It's remarkable that a successful software entrepreneur is ALSO frustrated.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6203
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Re: Git and Tattoos

Post by Cornfed » March 22nd, 2015, 2:14 am

fschmidt wrote:
Cornfed wrote:I don't really know anything about programming, but my impression gained when studying computer science a decade ago was that Java sucked while GNU-Linux was good. This impression was shared by apparent quality programmers. It might be interesting to discuss why various software sucks or not in the appropriate forum.
Was this your personal impression from having worked with these things, or a second hand opinion?
Both. That has given me a lot to think about regarding Linux. So why doesn't Java suck? It seems like a kludge incorporating C with the need to have a kind of half-assed OO language which was portable.

fschmidt
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2461
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 9:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Git and Tattoos

Post by fschmidt » March 22nd, 2015, 2:44 am

Cornfed wrote:So why doesn't Java suck? It seems like a kludge incorporating C with the need to have a kind of half-assed OO language which was portable.
I can tell you what I like about Java and you can say what you don't like and we can compare.

C is the best procedural language, and so its syntax became popular. What matters about syntax is mainly that it is consistent and familiar. One shouldn't invent a new syntax if there is no need. This is why Java used C syntax, which makes sense to me. Most older OO langauges were dynamically typed, so C syntax doesn't really work for them. But C syntax is fine for a statically typed OO language.

C++ was the first OO language based on C. That was a real kludge because it insisted on compatibility with C. Java didn't make this mistake. It used C syntax but always put simplicity first.

Java maintains conceptual simplicity by not adding things like function pointers and closures. There is nothing wrong with these other concepts, but the point is that a good language focuses on a few concepts and excludes other unneeded concepts in order to maintain conceptual integrity. This is a point that all recent programming languages miss.

Java is implemented with a well designed virtual machine. This wasn't the first to use this idea, Borland Pascal had it too. But Java made this mainstream. And now with run-time optimization, performance is quite good.
Support morality, support Islam.

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6203
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Re: Git and Tattoos

Post by Cornfed » February 9th, 2016, 8:34 pm

No wonder Github is shithub:

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Computers, Internet, Mobile Technology”