Sysadmin Wanted

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Sysadmin Wanted

Post by fschmidt »

I am looking for a sysadmin to remotely manage Mac OS-X servers that will run java-based web servers. We also use Postgres. Pay is $5000/month. Please contact me if you are interested.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

starchild5
Veteran Poster

Re: Sysadmin Wanted

Post by starchild5 »

fschmidt wrote:I am looking for a sysadmin to remotely manage Mac OS-X servers that will run java-based web servers. We also use Postgres. Pay is $5000/month. Please contact me if you are interested.
I will let my brother know, he is into server stuff...if you need any Google adwords, Facebook ads, marketing, front end programmer...javascript, angularJS...let me know 8) 8)
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

This is what happens when I post an ad to a place populated by modern scum:

Confirming once again that members of modern culture deserve to be killed. (And since I can't kill them, I settle for financially screwing them.)
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

fschmidt wrote:This is what happens when I post an ad to a place populated by modern scum:

Confirming once again that members of modern culture deserve to be killed. (And since I can't kill them, I settle for financially screwing them.)
reddit is illuminati controlled...as it was brought by Yahoo...its just like the CIA controlled 4chan..anything of value will be shunned by design.

Try posting on Filipino job sites....you will be get genuine enquires...
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

fschmidt wrote:We do not tolerate dysfunctional, unreliable modern software
+1000
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

fschmidt wrote:This is what happens when I post an ad to a place populated by modern scum:

This kind of idiocy directed to someone offering a job on good terms is baffling to me. It is amazing that the modern economy has managed to produce a situation where most employers and also most actual or potential employees both suck.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

It is not a surprise. We also battle to fill posts. People whine about being unemployed yet they are unemployable. Never mind the obvious like having the skills, attitude is wrong. They are too entitled and expect to be spoonfed, dont want to go to site etc. Also we restrict employment to conservative right wing whites or it doesnt fit our eork environment. And we want to create opportunity for whites locked out of many jobs due to BEE. Liberals would get too offended. Mostly we end up with farm kids or people from rural or small town areas. They have a better attitude than mouthy entitled metrosexual city kids. Such kids are too caught up with facejew and social media and only want to do office work in kantoor clothes.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Kradmelder wrote:It is not a surprise. We also battle to fill posts. People whine about being unemployed yet they are unemployable. Never mind the obvious like having the skills, attitude is wrong. They are too entitled and expect to be spoonfed, dont want to go to site etc.
Unfortunately that shitty attitude kind of makes sense, since workers can be cut loose at the drop of a hat, so there is no rational incentive to be a good worker in exchange for future benefit. You get good workers when young men are fed through a conveyor belt designed to train them up and raise their pay and status as they get better, where loyalty and mutual respect is encouraged, and where if they are good workers the company, or at least the industry, will retain them if at all possible. Perhaps your organization is doing this, but most are not.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

fschmidt wrote:I am looking for a sysadmin to remotely manage Mac OS-X servers that will run java-based web servers. We also use Postgres. Pay is $5000/month. Please contact me if you are interested.
I can't figure out how to find anything on my Mac. I don't know Java, but I've lived there and I drink coffee. I'll take the $5000 a month. I could go for a spare job if it paid that much. When do I report to work?

:)
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

MrMan wrote:
I can't figure out how to find anything on my Mac. I don't know Java, but I've lived there and I drink coffee. I'll take the $5000 a month. I could go for a spare job if it paid that much. When do I report to work?

:)
Dead you read the fine print?
members of modern culture deserve to be killed. (And since I can't kill them, I settle for financially screwing them.
:lol: :lol:
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

Everytime I see fschmidt post something like this I think of this song:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGdoqsuiN8[/youtube]

this is fschmidt's new theme song, you'd really like it...I'm serious!
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Cornfed wrote:
Kradmelder wrote:It is not a surprise. We also battle to fill posts. People whine about being unemployed yet they are unemployable. Never mind the obvious like having the skills, attitude is wrong. They are too entitled and expect to be spoonfed, dont want to go to site etc.
Unfortunately that shitty attitude kind of makes sense, since workers can be cut loose at the drop of a hat, so there is no rational incentive to be a good worker in exchange for future benefit.
How about the desire to do a good job for the money you are getting now?
You get good workers when young men are fed through a conveyor belt designed to train them up and raise their pay and status as they get better, where loyalty and mutual respect is encouraged, and where if they are good workers the company, or at least the industry, will retain them if at all possible. Perhaps your organization is doing this, but most are not.
A lot of companies try to keep the best workers and let the ones who just expect to ride through life on a conveyor belt pass.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

MrMan wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Unfortunately that shitty attitude kind of makes sense, since workers can be cut loose at the drop of a hat, so there is no rational incentive to be a good worker in exchange for future benefit.
How about the desire to do a good job for the money you are getting now?
You get good workers when young men are fed through a conveyor belt designed to train them up and raise their pay and status as they get better, where loyalty and mutual respect is encouraged, and where if they are good workers the company, or at least the industry, will retain them if at all possible. Perhaps your organization is doing this, but most are not.
A lot of companies try to keep the best workers and let the ones who just expect to ride through life on a conveyor belt pass.
Young people now want crazy salaries. In engineering we work to a formula where salary is based on your charge out rate. Some young people want a salary that is higher than the work they can do can be charged out. Obviously that is loss making. How long it takes you also features as there is a budget. So an inexperienced person who takes longer will earn less.

Naturally the better and more rare your skills the higher the charge out rate and higher the salary. Age doesnt matter. Purely skills and market value. If you are young and develop something new you can earn more than a middle age giy who coasts. If your skills are international level and your cv will rate on big international jobs, your salary will be as high as top Europeans. It is up to you.

Only blacks are exempt due to BEE. Getting crazy salaries for doing nothing and no skills except black skin. This is worth zero offshore.

For a white man, or an asian, get off your arse and do something that adds value and is market related. If you expect a free lunch and people to owe you, you are 1 of a million, so expect such a salary or no job at all. Good people are always in demand. The slapgats are plentiful.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MrMan wrote:How about the desire to do a good job for the money you are getting now?
Suppose you had acquired qualifications and worked your ass off for minimum wage on the tacit promise that hard work would bring stable employment and promotion only to be cut loose. If this kept on happening to you or those around you, wouldn’t it make a certain amount of sense to at some point conclude that working for long term rewards was for chumps, and it only made sense to work for immediate rewards or not at all?
The thing is that all advanced professionals ride on a conveyor belt in the sense of being trained at one level and brought forward and then are trained at a higher level and so on, with some degree of guaranteed advancement for high level performers. Consider professional athletes. Suppose instead of being brought forward in stages the way they are, they were expected to train themselves or take a course or something and could be fired at any time no matter what like a normal worker. They would suck.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Cornfed wrote:
MrMan wrote:How about the desire to do a good job for the money you are getting now?
Suppose you had acquired qualifications and worked your ass off for minimum wage on the tacit promise that hard work would bring stable employment and promotion only to be cut loose. If this kept on happening to you or those around you, wouldn’t it make a certain amount of sense to at some point conclude that working for long term rewards was for chumps, and it only made sense to work for immediate rewards or not at all?
If you conclude that you are receiving short-term rewards and should be working to expect short-term rewards, that's fine. But that's no excuse for not working for what you are being paid for. If you agree to work as a street sweeper for minimum wage, then do your job and do it well for the money you agreed to. If you don't like it, find another job.
The thing is that all advanced professionals ride on a conveyor belt in the sense of being trained at one level and brought forward and then are trained at a higher level and so on, with some degree of guaranteed advancement for high level performers. Consider professional athletes. Suppose instead of being brought forward in stages the way they are, they were expected to train themselves or take a course or something and could be fired at any time no matter what like a normal worker. They would suck.[/quote][/quote]

Typically, employers train workers and promote them because they need trained workers and they need them in the higher positions. They don't do it because they owe it to the workers.

Suppose you had worked for 20 years, saved up a lot of money, and invested it in a new business, and then you ran that business for 10 years and built it up. Why would you spend money training employees? Would you spend your own hard-earned money to train workers when they could make your business more money, or would you do it just to empower white boys to move up the career ladder? Why would you spend money you could spend on your kids college education to train workers in skills your company doesn't need? If it's your money you are spending on workers, do you think they deserve to have more of it? Do they deserve to spend your money on training for their own career objectives? Why do they have a right to your bank account? What would you say to a young punk candidate for employment who would only work hard if you guaranteed him career progression who felt entitled to training? Would you hire him or pass on him for someone who was willing to work hard at whatever job he accepted?