Internet censorship is getting insane

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Internet censorship is getting insane

Post by MrPeabody »

I received an e-mail from YouTube saying one of my playlists was deleted for objectionable material flagged by the community. They said I was getting a warning. First, I don't ever produce my own content, I just create list names and put videos that I am interested in. I later found that by default the lists are made public, so I went back to each of my lists and made them private. But, I go out of my way to not store anything controversial on Youtube. They deleted my list "war" which was a list of video documentaries on World War II.

This is incredible oppresive. They are bullying people who don't even create content to enforce their ideological standards, and they censor material that shouldn't even be objectionable. These were just World War II documentaries that have appeared on Television.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Internet censorship is getting insane

Post by Cornfed »

Yes, the zio-commie establishment has picked this moment to cement their global dictatorship. I hope and pray they have misjudged the situation and can be brought to justice.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Agreed, this is a major moment when they try to close out free speech on the internet. I'm guessing the horse is out of the barn, though, and as long as enough people know who "they" are, the opposition will continue to crystallize.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

There's no point in complaining about youtube or any other platform. They'll all be gone soon enough, and replaced. They're already being replaced.

Youtube -> vid.me / dailymotion / vimeo
Google -> Qwant / Duckduckgo
Twitter -> Gab / Minds
Last edited by Johnny1975 on August 24th, 2017, 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:Agreed, this is a major moment when they try to close out free speech on the internet. I'm guessing the horse is out of the barn, though, and as long as enough people know who "they" are, the opposition will continue to crystallize.
This is presumably the reason for all the "diversity" bullshit. If they had tried this wonton cultural vandalism with mostly white men still working for them, they would face a general strike followed by their deposition. Still, if we don't depose them we are looking at the end of everything, because the current diverse crew is barely able to keep the ship afloat, and things are only going to get worse. Come on real people still in tech; do the right thing.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Johnny1975 wrote:There's no point in complaining about youtube or any other platform. They'll all be gone soon enough, and replaced. They're already being replaced.

Youtube -> vid.me / dailymotion / vimeo
Google -> Qwant / Duckduckgo
Twitter -> Gab / Minds
Yes, but as we have seen over the last couple of weeks, there is the problem of basic Internet infrastructure such as domain name registras.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

I have been starting to use Brave as a browser, with Duckduckgo as a search engine, and it works pretty well. I think we have to have two systems now. You can use Google/Youtube for technical stuff, but anything political or the least controversial has to be accessed from a separate secure system.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Here is a good article on the global google/facebook police state.

A global censorship and surveillance platform

"Here are some of the aspects of these efforts:

AIs that can identify violent imagery and extremist symbols in videos and pictures and rapidly delete them -- or better yet, block their upload or shut down a livestream as soon as they show up. For example: a live broadcast during a terrorist attack or murder (both happened).

Routine censorship and surveillance. For example: Facebook has ~7,500 (largely low paid subcontractors) reading posts and (private) messages to find and delete content they deem objectionable and ban the people who post it. However, these folks are just temporary employees. The real goal is to build AIs that can read posts and messages to ID objectionable content to do what the human team (above) is already doing, but on a global scale.

A complete social graph. A real-time census of every living person in the world (outside of China and Russia). One that knows all about you, whether or not you are on Facebook/Google/etc. These companies are already close to this goal in Europe and the US, and at 2 billion daily users (Facebook and Android), so it won't be long before they expand that to the rest of the world."

http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/glo ... tform.html
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Here is a good article on the global google/facebook police state.

A global censorship and surveillance platform

"Here are some of the aspects of these efforts:

AIs that can identify violent imagery and extremist symbols in videos and pictures and rapidly delete them -- or better yet, block their upload or shut down a livestream as soon as they show up. For example: a live broadcast during a terrorist attack or murder (both happened).

Routine censorship and surveillance. For example: Facebook has ~7,500 (largely low paid subcontractors) reading posts and (private) messages to find and delete content they deem objectionable and ban the people who post it. However, these folks are just temporary employees. The real goal is to build AIs that can read posts and messages to ID objectionable content to do what the human team (above) is already doing, but on a global scale.

A complete social graph. A real-time census of every living person in the world (outside of China and Russia). One that knows all about you, whether or not you are on Facebook/Google/etc. These companies are already close to this goal in Europe and the US, and at 2 billion daily users (Facebook and Android), so it won't be long before they expand that to the rest of the world."

http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/glo ... tform.html
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

-dupe-