Which web browser is best: Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera, Microsoft Edge, etc?

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Anyone here try out the new Google Chrome browser yet? If so, what do you think of it? You can learn about it's features and download it here:

http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/features.html

Apparently, it's tabs are separate from each other so that if one of your pages crashes, it doesn't affect the other tabs.

The makers of it sound very intelligent, innovative and articulate in this video about Google Chrome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGmO7Oximw8

I've already downloaded and tested it. It's really nice, but I get this weird bug where I type in a URL and press enter and nothing happens, the URL doesn't even load up. How can the latest technology do that? Weird.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

The new Internet Explorer 8: Fast and smooth like Firefox!

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I just downloaded the new Internet Explorer 8. It works fast and smoothly like Firefox. A real treat. It might lead some Firefox users to go back to using Explorer.

You can download it from Microsoft's website if interested.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Has anyone tried Opera browser yet? Everyone seems to be saying its now better and faster than Chrome and Firefox. Its smoother and less resource heavy too. Especially since Chrome is getting more and more bloated and resource heavy. And it has a power saver that saves battery too.

Opera also includes a free built in VPN for surfing anonymously and unblocking sites if you're in China. You can download it below. It has browsers for PC, Mac, laptop and browser apps for smart phones too.

http://www.opera.com

Everyone seems to like it so far and all the independent reviewers say its better than other browsers such as Chrome. See below.

https://www.youtube.com/results?q=opera%20browser

If anyone tries it out, let us know what you think.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Opera browser better than Chrome and Firefox?

Post by Winston »

Correction:

It seems only the Opera PC browser has a VPN. Not the Opera mini browser for Android devices.

However this Opera VPN is not a total VPN either since it does not decrypt your data while browsing. It only redirects it using a proxy. So you dont get full anonymity while browsing. However it should still work in China to unblock sites through the China firewall though. Ill let you know when i try it in China if it works.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Opera browser better than Chrome and Firefox?

Post by Winston »

Has anyone tried the new Microsoft Edge browser? Its supposed to be an improvement over internet explorer. But im not sure i trust anything from Microsoft.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Which web browser is best: Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera, Microsoft Edge, etc?

Post by Winston »

Just got a new laptop. Wow this forum looks so much better on it. :)

But Windows 10 is very pushy. It tries to get you to use everything related to Microsoft. It even tries to get you to use Microsoft Edge browser too, and claims it's better than Chrome and the rest. And makes it your default browser so that you have to go through steps to change it. Man Microsoft is so self serving. lol

Do any of you use Microsoft Edge browser? Have any of you tried it? Is it better in any way? Or is Google Chrome still the best?

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Microsoft no longer supports or provides updates for Internet Explorer so you have to use Edge if to use a Microsoft browser. I currently use 3 browsers - Edge, Chrome and Opera. Each of them have their benefits. What I like about Chrome is it does an excellent job translating to English. Just right click the page and Translate to English. Also you can right click an image and Search Google for image. So probably Chrome wins but as I said I use all three.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

What I liked about IE is you could right click an image and select Properties. Then you get the link of where that image resides. You can't do that with Edge. You have to right click and Inspect element (there is some setting you have to turn on first.) This sucks in this regard.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:
October 1st, 2018, 2:07 am
Microsoft no longer supports or provides updates for Internet Explorer so you have to use Edge if to use a Microsoft browser. I currently use 3 browsers - Edge, Chrome and Opera. Each of them have their benefits. What I like about Chrome is it does an excellent job translating to English. Just right click the page and Translate to English. Also you can right click an image and Search Google for image. So probably Chrome wins but as I said I use all three.
Why do you use three browsers? It's hard to keep track of so many tabs and settings and bookmarks on different browsers. lol

What is so good about Edge? What is its benefit? I'm glad they got rid of IE though. It's about time. It was the worst browser of all time and should never have been invented.

But I don't like how Windows 10 is pushy and tries to get you to use Edge and all the other Microsoft products. It's like trying to tell you what to do. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:
October 1st, 2018, 2:12 am
What I liked about IE is you could right click an image and select Properties. Then you get the link of where that image resides. You can't do that with Edge. You have to right click and Inspect element (there is some setting you have to turn on first.) This sucks in this regard.
You can right click an image in Chrome and get the image URL too, so you could embed it in forums like this one. Chrome seems to have worked out everything and is up to date with everything. Microsoft has a reputation problem. People don't trust it because they've made so many mistakes and came out with the worst browsers like IE.

Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Used IE, Firefox and Chrome before.

Chrome is best IMO.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Winston wrote:
October 1st, 2018, 2:03 am
But Windows 10 is very pushy. It tries to get you to use everything related to Microsoft. It even tries to get you to use Microsoft Edge browser too, and claims it's better than Chrome and the rest. And makes it your default browser so that you have to go through steps to change it. Man Microsoft is so self serving. lol
Isn't that true though about Google? If you get a Chromebook you have to sign in and it pushes Google products. Same thing with Apple. If you get a MacBook it pushes all things Apple.

The key is not to be loyal to any one platform.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

TruthSeeker wrote:
October 2nd, 2018, 3:01 am
Winston wrote:
October 1st, 2018, 2:03 am
Isn't that true though about Google? If you get a Chromebook you have to sign in and it pushes Google products. Same thing with Apple. If you get a MacBook it pushes all things Apple.

The key is not to be loyal to any one platform.
The key is not to buy any of their shit :)
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I am using Opera and Firefox, with windows7 and windows10. Japanese and English versions. Both have some advantages and disadvantages. I cannot say one is better than the other.
TBaker
Freshman Poster

Post by TBaker »

+1 for Chrome. Firefox seems to be too heavy. Though each browser strart to become so with various apps, pluggings and ads.