Stupid things: Paying to hide your address and AOL email

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Winston
Site Admin

Stupid things: Paying to hide your address and AOL email

Post by Winston »

I have two stupid things to rant about.

First, my home address shows up on the registration information for this domain name. To remove it, Godaddy, my web host, says I have to pay $8.99 per year to hide my address. Isn't that odd? Isn't a person entitled to his privacy without having to pay for it? I wonder if this is a rule by Godaddy or ICANN.

Also, as some of you know, my old address was an AOL one. I still get email to it because a lot of my articles hosted on other sites still have my old AOL email address, and the webmasters of those sites won't update my email, even though I've asked them to.

So, I get mail from readers to my AOL account, which I never check, and so I lose them. The logical solution would be to put an auto responder in my AOL email that automatically gets sent to all who email me there, telling them that my email has changed and to contact me at the new email. But NOOOOOOOO that's not possible with AOL. Even though all the other Email providers let you send auto custom messages when you're away, AOL only lets you send an AOL vacation message that says how long you'll be away, and that's it. You can't write anything in the auto responder! It's like AOL is penalizing you if you switch from AOL to something else. Is that moronic or what?!
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne