Anyone using IE to browse this site? And why Notepad glitch?

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Winston
Site Admin

Anyone using IE to browse this site? And why Notepad glitch?

Post by Winston »

Is anyone here using Internet Explorer to browse this site? I've noticed that a lot of my pages on this site do not load up properly in IE, including the home page. Certain parts of the home page load up, then stops and half the page is empty. But if I leave and come back then it loads completely. Very weird.

Does that happen to you too? Any idea why?

Everyone out there says Firefox is better than IE. I use Firefox too, and it seems to work the best for this site.

But how come some features, such as Yahoo's Launch.com radio player, only work in IE and not in Firefox?

Any idea Momopi?

One more question, why is it that when I copy and paste text from notepad into a post here, the lines get screwed up and there are spaces between every line? This bug has existed for years. How come it's never been corrected? In order to paste text here from notepad, I have to paste it into Wordpad first, then from there to here, to get the spacing correct, but even then, Wordpad inserts extra spaces between words, making some words have two spaces between them randomly. Weird. Why does that happen?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

When you save text in notepad, I think it inserts a line break at end of every line. That is a default behavior and not a bug. You can opt to use Wordpad instead, or one of many freeware text editors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_text_editors