Momopi, which video format is best?

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Winston
Site Admin

Momopi, which video format is best?

Post by Winston »

Momopi,

Some of the videos I recorded in my new digital camera take up a lot of room, like hundreds of megabytes, and my laptop is running out of hard drive space.

I do have a converter software that converts the videos to another format that takes up much less space though, but which video format is best? Does it make a difference if it's MPG, MOV, WMV, MP4, etc.? Does it matter? Which format is the most compatible with everything?

Thanks,
Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Momopi, which video format is best?

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:Momopi,

Some of the videos I recorded in my new digital camera take up a lot of room, like hundreds of megabytes, and my laptop is running out of hard drive space.

I do have a converter software that converts the videos to another format that takes up much less space though, but which video format is best? Does it make a difference if it's MPG, MOV, WMV, MP4, etc.? Does it matter? Which format is the most compatible with everything?

Thanks,
Winston
Most of the HD digisubs I watch today are H.264 with .MKV extension. I no longer work with video so you'll have to read up the specs yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC