File Sharing/Torrents vs. the Movie/Music Industry

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What about http://www.isohunt.com ? Is that a better site for downloading torrents?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote:What about http://www.isohunt.com ? Is that a better site for downloading torrents?
My personal favorite is http://torrentz.eu/

It's a search engine that cross references like 15+ torrent sites. You can even find obscure foreign movies on it.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Question:

I was wondering, how do illegal sites such as WikiLeaks or Piratebay.org keep the government from shutting it down? I ask this because, if the government decided to shut us down someday, I would need to find a way to bring it back, using whatever method those sites used. So how do they stay up exactly? Anyone know?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

They have their sites and servers registered or located in countries where the legality of their site is in the grey zone so to speak. Thus, the local governments don't pursue their legality at the present although things change all the time. You can read that torrent freak website mentioned earlier in the posts to keep up with whats going on for the most part.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wouldn't the US government bully or threaten those countries to take down Wikileaks and Piratebay though? Isn't Wikileaks a threat to national security? If so, why hasn't the US sent an army to attack the country hosting it? lol Or to capture the owner of it? lol

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

They tried to do that with that Mega Torrent site in New Zealand. But the owner has fought the charges and is currently winning in courts there. The USA tried to be a bully in NZ and now it is backfiring. Once the citizens know what's going on it backfires on the US generally. However it all depends on the host government and whether it will allow itself to be bullied by USA cronies or not.

The Wikileaks dude is in hiding within the Equador embassy in UK. Because of what he has leaked the US government can't really kill him because then it would prove everything he was saying about the US government. He is in that grey area, where they don't want him alive or freedom of movement but they don't want him dead either. So they are kinda stuck at the moment and trying to do as much legal wrangling as they can.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: File Sharing/Torrents vs. the Movie/Music Industry

Post by Winston »

It looks like the PirateBay has been shut down in a raid by Swedish police.

https://torrentfreak.com/swedish-police ... ne-141209/

PirateBay has made a come back before after being shut down, but no one knows if it will come back this time.

You can still use Bit Lord Search to find torrents.

http://www.bitlordsearch.com