Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Jill Scott Talks Interracial Dating

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

User avatar
Mr S
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2403
Joined: September 1st, 2007, 11:57 am
Location: Physical Earth, 3rd Dimensional Plane

Jill Scott Talks Interracial Dating

Post by Mr S » May 11th, 2011, 6:50 pm

American black women still don't have a clue why many black men want to date and marry white women, until their breed realizes they are an endangered species, they will remain ignorant of the answer...

This is funny shit, boo-hoo... :P

http://www.essence.com/relationships/co ... racial.php

Commentary: Jill Scott Talks Interracial Dating

Image

You know the moment when you realize that fine, accomplished brother is with a White woman? Let's call it "the wince." Three-time Grammy Award-winning artist, writer, actress, philanthropist, mother and all-around Renaissance woman, Jill Scott gets to the root of our feelings on the matter in the April issue of ESSENCE...

My new friend is handsome, African-American, intelligent and seemingly wealthy. He is an athlete, loves his momma, and is happily married to a White woman. I admit when I saw his wedding ring, I privately hoped. But something in me just knew he didn't marry a sister. Although my guess hit the mark, when my friend told me his wife was indeed Caucasian, I felt my spirit...wince. I didn't immediately understand it. My face read happy for you. My body showed no reaction to my inner pinch, but the sting was there, quiet like a mosquito under a summer dress.

Was I jealous? Did the reality of his relationship somehow diminish his soul's credibility? The answer is not simple. One could easily dispel the wince as racist or separatist, but that's not how I was brought up. I was reared in a Jehovah's Witness household. I was taught that every man should be judged by his deeds and not his color, and I firmly stand where my grandmother left me. African people worldwide are known to be welcoming and open-minded. We share our culture sometimes to our own peril and most of us love the very notion of love. My position is that for women of color, this very common "wince" has solely to do with the African story in America.

When our people were enslaved, "Massa" placed his Caucasian woman on a pedestal. She was spoiled, revered and angelic, while the Black slave woman was overworked, beaten, raped and farmed out like cattle to be mated. She was nothing and neither was our Black man. As slavery died for the greater good of America, and the movement for equality sputtered to life, the White woman was on the cover of every American magazine. She was the dazzling jewel on every movie screen, the glory of every commercial and television show. She was unequivocally the standard of beauty for this country, firmly unattainable to anyone not of her race. We daughters of the dust were seen as ugly, nappy mammies, good for day work and unwanted children, while our men were thought to be thieving, sex-hungry animals with limited brain capacity.

We reflect on this awful past and recall that if a Black man even looked at a White woman, he would have been lynched, beaten, jailed or shot to death. In the midst of this, Black women and Black men struggled together, mourned together, starved together, braved the hoses and vicious police dogs and died untimely on southern back roads together. These harsh truths lead to what we really feel when we see a seemingly together brother with a Caucasian woman and their children. That feeling is betrayed. While we exert efforts to raise our sons and daughters to appreciate themselves and respect others, most of us end up doing this important work alone, with no fathers or like representatives, limited financial support (often court-enforced) and, on top of everything else, an empty bed. It's frustrating and it hurts!

Our minds do understand that people of all races find genuine love in many places. We dig that the world is full of amazing options. But underneath, there is a bite, no matter the ointment, that has yet to stop burning. Some may find these thoughts to be hurtful. That is not my intent. I'm just sayin'.

Jill Scott is a three-time Grammy Award-winning artist, writer, actress, philanthropist and mother.


Read more: http://www.essence.com/relationships/co ... z1M4DvLdg1
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



Think Different
Junior Poster
Posts: 907
Joined: April 8th, 2010, 5:28 am
Location: Germany

Post by Think Different » May 11th, 2011, 6:57 pm

I just read this article and was about to post it. What a bunch of racist BS from this clueless woman. She is the type of person that perpetuates the black/white divide in the US. She needs to get over herself and become part of the solution and not the problem. Many of the comments at the bottom of the article are right on target, including from black men, who have also had enough of the race-baiting. Quality people will seek out other quality people, regardless of race. It seems to me that there's too much self-identification in the black American community (as opposed to blacks from other countries) with how separate they are and uniquely persecuted. The Jews try that too, which is annoying, as if everyone was living their life looking in the rearview mirror. Playing the victim card gets old very quickly and just holds you back. Can I say the same thing applies to seeking a happier life abroad? You betcha. Time to take the bull by the horns.

User avatar
Mr S
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2403
Joined: September 1st, 2007, 11:57 am
Location: Physical Earth, 3rd Dimensional Plane

These women answered their own ?

Post by Mr S » May 11th, 2011, 7:35 pm

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.

Iawesome60
Freshman Poster
Posts: 217
Joined: March 27th, 2011, 6:30 am
Contact:

Mr S

Post by Iawesome60 » May 12th, 2011, 3:01 am

Mr S those women are attractive. If I was in their age range (i'm not because i'm 20 and i'm still in college), I would think "man, they're attractive." Also, my gut would take over like "don't approach them, something bad will happen." That one woman in the video made it hard on herself by saying she wouldn't ask for his number. Sometimes women should initiate interest and sometimes men should.
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)

User avatar
Mr S
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2403
Joined: September 1st, 2007, 11:57 am
Location: Physical Earth, 3rd Dimensional Plane

Post by Mr S » May 12th, 2011, 3:50 am

Iawesome60 wrote:Mr S those women are attractive. If I was in their age range (i'm not because i'm 20 and i'm still in college), I would think "man, they're attractive." Also, my gut would take over like "don't approach them, something bad will happen." That one woman in the video made it hard on herself by saying she wouldn't ask for his number. Sometimes women should initiate interest and sometimes men should.
I never said they weren't, but their attitudes about their desired type of men left a lot to be desired. Imagine a premadonna like one of them finally lowering their standards and they then come on to you and feel you are marginally adequate now because they are older and desperate. You don't think they will pull some kind of passive-aggressive shit on you subconsciously during the relationship to show how disappointed they are that they had to settle for you? While also beating up on themselves for having to settle? There are some serious potential problems with ladies that expect the world. Like the Harvey guy said, they aren't willing to compromise much. They won't date someone much older than them or with less income potential. Like even if I made decent money I would be very leery of getting into a relationship with a lawyer. Do I want a lawyer as a partner? Does she share the same values as me? Living and working in the DC area when you have money and some power warps some peoples minds and they start putting people they find of lesser quality in their own categories. Being with these type of women your basically going to always be "keeping up with the Jones" and she would never be comfortable with whatever income level your at. Then once you had a couple of kids with her and she got bored she would probably dump your ass and take everything you got even though "she" doesn't need your money really.

It's just too risky with American women if you have money yourself to marry them because of the laws favoring women. If you had a way lower lifestyle and a girl like that was willing to take you in and increase your standard of living then I guess you have nothing to lose. But any women like them would never pick an average joe, we are losers in their eyes.

Yeah, they should learn to initiate more. You notice that subject never came up. That chick could have asked for the guys number but actually that would damage their self-esteem too much if they were rejected so they never bother trying. Just let us male schmucks take all the bashing and rejection from women, we can handle the bull-shit just like everything else we are expected to put up with. But of course we still have to put on our smile faces every morning....
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4225
Joined: April 21st, 2010, 5:16 pm

Re: These women answered their own ?

Post by Rock » May 12th, 2011, 4:31 am

Mr S wrote:
Hmmm, looking at current US demographics (no. of black men with very basic standards such as HS diploma, not incarcerated, ect. vs. no. of eligible black women) + a strong social trend for white women to date black men = US may be a dating paradise for available African American men. Is it really like that? Do you guys have all these 'back-pocket women' mentioned in the vid? Even if the women you deal with are bitches or just good for the short term, at least you don't have to deal with incel (involuntary celibacy) like a lot of American guys from other races do.

If I was an African American man, I might just stay put in the States, lol.

Iawesome60
Freshman Poster
Posts: 217
Joined: March 27th, 2011, 6:30 am
Contact:

Post by Iawesome60 » May 12th, 2011, 5:59 am

Mr S wrote:
Iawesome60 wrote:Mr S those women are attractive. If I was in their age range (i'm not because i'm 20 and i'm still in college), I would think "man, they're attractive." Also, my gut would take over like "don't approach them, something bad will happen." That one woman in the video made it hard on herself by saying she wouldn't ask for his number. Sometimes women should initiate interest and sometimes men should.
I never said they weren't, but their attitudes about their desired type of men left a lot to be desired. Imagine a premadonna like one of them finally lowering their standards and they then come on to you and feel you are marginally adequate now because they are older and desperate. You don't think they will pull some kind of passive-aggressive shit on you subconsciously during the relationship to show how disappointed they are that they had to settle for you? While also beating up on themselves for having to settle? There are some serious potential problems with ladies that expect the world. Like the Harvey guy said, they aren't willing to compromise much. They won't date someone much older than them or with less income potential. Like even if I made decent money I would be very leery of getting into a relationship with a lawyer. Do I want a lawyer as a partner? Does she share the same values as me? Living and working in the DC area when you have money and some power warps some peoples minds and they start putting people they find of lesser quality in their own categories. Being with these type of women your basically going to always be "keeping up with the Jones" and she would never be comfortable with whatever income level your at. Then once you had a couple of kids with her and she got bored she would probably dump your ass and take everything you got even though "she" doesn't need your money really.

It's just too risky with American women if you have money yourself to marry them because of the laws favoring women. If you had a way lower lifestyle and a girl like that was willing to take you in and increase your standard of living then I guess you have nothing to lose. But any women like them would never pick an average joe, we are losers in their eyes.

Yeah, they should learn to initiate more. You notice that subject never came up. That chick could have asked for the guys number but actually that would damage their self-esteem too much if they were rejected so they never bother trying. Just let us male schmucks take all the bashing and rejection from women, we can handle the bull-shit just like everything else we are expected to put up with. But of course we still have to put on our smile faces every morning....
Mr S, sorry for the confusion. I didn't mean to confuse you like that. I was just stating my observations on the video. I agree 100% with your points. Those women look like they would do things like that (be angry at us for settling for less, dump you, etc).
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)

MarkDY
Freshman Poster
Posts: 180
Joined: February 15th, 2011, 3:22 am
Location: Annapolis
Contact:

Re: Jill Scott Talks Interracial Dating

Post by MarkDY » May 18th, 2011, 2:28 am

Mr S wrote: I was reared in a Jehovah's Witness household.

What intelligent man (black or white) would want to marry a religious nut? Jehovah's Witness are worst then fundie Christians. Most JWs only read religious books and few go to college. Your girlfriend/wife talks like "The View"'s Sherri Shephard and soon turns into Aunt Esther from "Sanford & Son" or Michael Jackon's mother.

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4639
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:33 am

Post by zboy1 » May 18th, 2011, 3:49 am

This post reminds of the tension that some Asian American men have with some Asian women. There is a small percentage of sellout American Asian women who absolutely detest their own race and constantly put Asian men down and look down on other men of color such as Black and Hispanic men, while always talking up White man. I hate those kind of women! I hate self hating people of any race! I have to agree with some of the things that this Black women is saying. There is a component of self-hatred in some of these Black-White relationships. These White women usually despise White men and Black men hate their own kind. No, I'm not saying that all interracial relationships have this component, only that there are a small percentage of these relationships where this hold true.

ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1050
Joined: January 4th, 2011, 4:19 pm

Its true

Post by ErikHeaven » May 21st, 2011, 2:31 pm

Most black American men really do not have to leave America. The white women here are throwing themselves at us constantly. Its not the quantity though its the quality of the American white women that sucks. Most of them cannot cook and many of them have mental issues yet they make for a good lay.
Many of the white women i used to mess with did ANYTHING in bed and they will let you screw their friends 3 somes or just one on one.
They are good fun and positive. Now American black women like Jill Scott are FAT, Loud, obnoxious and they talk about fairy tale invisible white Jesus all day.
I am sitting in Mcdonald's right now using their WIFI sitting next to Jehovah's Witnesses yammering about the bible and i cannot stand them!
So black women just do not realize that many black men have nothing in common with them and we just want to move on.
I will marry any race of women just as long as she does not believe in mystical magical Jesus and all the corny angels.
Jehovah's Witnesses are crazy. My mother is one, i love her to death yet she is nuttier than a fruit bat with that fruit cake religion.
I was raised from birth to be a Jehovah and i ran away from that bullshit when i turned 19. Most black women are Jehovah's or Nation of Islam and they should be avoided.

ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1050
Joined: January 4th, 2011, 4:19 pm

Post by ErikHeaven » May 21st, 2011, 2:34 pm

White women can be loved and despised at the same time. Many of them that f**k black men are into the whole Wigger thing and that is a turnoff for me. If a am dealing with a white girl i want her to listen to Taylor Swift and wear Abercrombie not FUBU. I want a white girl who acts like a white girl not a negress. And many of them are stuck on Little Wayne and Waka Flame. So many of them make me want to vomit. But generally white women are way easier to deal with than black American skanks.

The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1142
Joined: January 20th, 2011, 8:22 pm
Location: The Surface (Hyrule)
Contact:

Post by The_Hero_of_Men » May 21st, 2011, 2:40 pm

ErikHeaven wrote:White women can be loved and despised at the same time. Many of them that f**k black men are into the whole Wigger thing and that is a turnoff for me. If a am dealing with a white girl i want her to listen to Taylor Swift and wear Abercrombie not FUBU. I want a white girl who acts like a white girl not a negress. And many of them are stuck on Little Wayne and Waka Flame. So many of them make me want to vomit. But generally white women are way easier to deal with than black American skanks.
Which is not saying much, my friend.

My brother commented on one of my posts on that site (my comment showed up on facebook):

Blue wrote: "Well maybe if you got your game up, you wouldn't be told that. Women don't like bums, no matter what race they are. They also have standards, whether they lower them and/or raise em is up to them. They want a guy they can be compatible with, I she has nice things, she wants a guy with nice things. And it's not just black women, so that article is shit... I respect Jill Scott, I love her, but for that she needs to be slapped cause it goes on in EVERY RACE! "
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...

ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1050
Joined: January 4th, 2011, 4:19 pm

Post by ErikHeaven » May 21st, 2011, 3:26 pm

Most American black women like niggers that are bums. So step your game up? That nigger is full of shit for real. I had this pretty sister on my old job and decent employed black men with cars and houses were chasing after her. She chose the 2 time felon. Super dark dude with huge muscles. This cat the whole block thinks is still selling drugs and he will get caught soon. Everywhere you see professional black women you see them with THUGS so to hell with that nigga who said step your game up. I say leave American black women alone!

ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1050
Joined: January 4th, 2011, 4:19 pm

Post by ErikHeaven » May 21st, 2011, 3:28 pm

The standards of American Black Women=Be a THUG or a Wannabe thug. Or be some shiny suit church nigger. Or be a white guy like Robin Thicke, or Justin Bieber. To hell with them bitches for real.

ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1050
Joined: January 4th, 2011, 4:19 pm

Post by ErikHeaven » May 21st, 2011, 3:32 pm

Lakeysha Beard was charged with disorderly conduct after police said she got into a verbal altercation with passengers on the train. The other passengers complained she refused to put down her cellphone, even after train staff made repeated announcements for passengers to not use cellphones, according to police.

When a passenger confronted her about her loud talking, police said Beard got aggressive. She had reportedly been talking non-stop on the phone since getting on the train in Oakland, Calif.

Beard was taken into custody until a family member could come and pick her up.

Beard's rudeness wasn't accommodated by some unknown super phone, but by Amtrak's handy cellphone charging stations.

In a follow-up interview with KATU.com, Beard confirmed she was blathering away on her mobile device, but that "she didn't understand why she had to be escorted off the train." Black bitch gets booted off the amtrak for talking for 16 f***ing hours! The whole world is getting tired of these loud mouthed black bitches!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Racial, Ethnic and Multicultural Issues”