Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Racism and Supremacy ARE NOT unique to the Anglosphere

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Post Reply
AmericanInMexico
Freshman Poster
Posts: 300
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 4:38 am

Racism and Supremacy ARE NOT unique to the Anglosphere

Post by AmericanInMexico » November 11th, 2011, 3:50 am

I see a lot of users on this site (especially odbo) who seem to think that racism and supremacy are unique to the Anglosphere and that outside the Anglosphere there is no racism.

How do you explain the white supremacists in Russia who outright kill non-whites? How do you explain the "no foreigners" signs in many businesses in Japan? How do you explain Robert Mugabe wanting to kick all the whites out of Zimbabwe? These are just three examples of racism and supremacy committed outside the Anglosphere.

There is lots of racism and supremacy in all parts of the world. Let's be honest with ourselves and not think everything is a racial paradise just cause we aren't in the Anglosphere.

odbo
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2171
Joined: January 6th, 2011, 2:40 pm

Post by odbo » November 11th, 2011, 4:09 am

That wasn't the point of my post at all.

The Norwegians don't go around the world trying to shove their language and mentality down others throats. Their neighbors the English do exactly that, as their offspring (Americans). More evidence that English culture is quintessentially Jewish. I won't even mention how those in non-colonial/non-European nations differ.

I could care less about racism, or some inflated ego of Mexicans who are taught by their parents they are superior than gringos.

Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2284
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Racism and Supremacy ARE NOT unique to the Anglosphere

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » November 11th, 2011, 4:15 am

AmericanInMexico wrote:I see a lot of users on this site (especially odbo) who seem to think that racism and supremacy are unique to the Anglosphere and that outside the Anglosphere there is no racism.

How do you explain the white supremacists in Russia who outright kill non-whites? How do you explain the "no foreigners" signs in many businesses in Japan? How do you explain Robert Mugabe wanting to kick all the whites out of Zimbabwe? These are just three examples of racism and supremacy committed outside the Anglosphere.

There is lots of racism and supremacy in all parts of the world. Let's be honest with ourselves and not think everything is a racial paradise just cause we aren't in the Anglosphere.
In my world travels, I have noticed that Americans are more race-obsessed than any other country. Yes, every country has racists, but America has a huge proportion of the population that harbors racist sensibilities even though they are mum about it for fear of social stigma.

The paradox is that despite this fact, the USA remains the best place for a talented black man to achieve high success.

Disillusioned_American
Freshman Poster
Posts: 195
Joined: October 20th, 2011, 1:49 pm

Post by Disillusioned_American » November 12th, 2011, 12:49 am

odbo wrote:I could care less about racism, or some inflated ego of Mexicans who are taught by their parents they are superior than gringos.
How can you not care, though? One of my main requirements, before even considering a visiting to a foreign country, is to ensure that, generally, the host population there won't harbor many or any hostile feelings towards those with my racial background.
Last edited by Disillusioned_American on November 23rd, 2011, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3619
Joined: September 6th, 2007, 7:30 pm

Post by ladislav » November 12th, 2011, 6:37 am

Those posters have not traveled. Every country is racist to an extent and many are more racist than the USA or other Anglosphere countries. It is just most do not know what goes on there. And in addition to racism, there are other ism's there. What we need to find is a not a place where it does not exist, but where it is minimal, unfrequent and does not affect one's life in such a way as to make it impossible or cause frequent confrontations or boycotts.
If I get called a white cockroach in the Philippines once every ten years it is OK with me. I can date and still live a normal life.
But if I work for a Thai university and half the staff ignores me and does not want to talk to me and I get called farang three four times a day and there is mockery several times a week and most good girls do not want to date me, then the level of racism is uncomfortable.
If 98 percent of Japanese landlords do not to rent to you, then you don't want to be there.
The paradox is that despite this fact, the USA remains the best place for a talented black man to achieve high success
It is no paradox because the US now has strict laws and people can be sued if you discriminate against black people. There are also many programs and funds to help well recognized official minorities. The US was not a good place for a black man to achieve success before the Civil Rights movement. Social discrimination cannot be legislated though but education can still create a better social atmosphere. It can , for one, teach people not to call others by the names they do not want to be called by. And not to attack people who look different. In many other countries, there is no such teaching and people can call you any way they want. In Hong Kong, on TV, they call white people Foreign Devils and no one can do anything about it.

But in the Anglosphere many people can talk sh!t and discriminate against anyone who is not on the official protected species list with impunity. Calling a French person frog and a Russian a commie is perfectly OK as well as laughing them out of a job interview. And often many minorities can attack other minorities with impunity, verbally and even physically. The example is how many Blacks treat Oriental looking people- in many cases with meanness and nastiness unrivaled. This is all hush-hushed and rarely shown anywhere.

In Britain Poles, Slovaks and Serbs have been savagely beaten and it never made a headline. Many will not even go to the police as it will be dismissed. But if it is an official minority, a national scandal ensues. Politicians want votes from large groups. Slovaks and Serbs are inconsequential.

When I was in Vermont, I have learned that poor French Canadians were often treated as badly as Mexicans. But there is no outrage, no civil rights movement and people still casually call them "dumb frogs". But you try and say dumb and enter a racial epithet and people begin frowning and calling you a racist.
Last edited by ladislav on November 12th, 2011, 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Repatriate
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2533
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 7:39 pm

Post by Repatriate » November 12th, 2011, 7:36 am

ladislav wrote: But many people can talk sh1t and discriminate against anyone who is not on the official protected species list with impunity. Calling a French person frog and a Russian a commie is perfectly OK. And often many minorities can attack other minorities with impunity, verbally and even physically. The example is how many Blacks treat Oriental looking people- in many cases with meanness and nastiness unrivaled. This is all hush-hushed and rarely shown.
Racism is allowed based on numbers and political representation. For instance in America there's still a lot of mainstream media and social racism against Arabs, East/SE Asians, Indians, etc.. These groups all comprise very small % of the overall U.S. population so it's easy to mess with these people even though they are all on the official minority list.

However if let's say someone says something bad about African-Americans or Mexican-Americans in a state where there's a decent % of those two minority groups then there will be hell to pay. I think African-Americans in particular have enough historical and political representation these days that discrimination is very limited in most major cities.

Overall I think the way race works in the U.S. is poisonous and pollutes the brain and social interaction with people. Institutional racism may be limited but that's only because it threatened the social fabric of the U.S. The civil rights movement was implemented in part because the U.S. government was afraid the Soviet Union could undermine U.S. society, it was a great weakness or achilles heel which is why Johnson was adamant about pushing it through.

Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2284
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » November 12th, 2011, 2:59 pm

The paradox is that despite this fact, the USA remains the best place for a talented black man to achieve high success
ladislav wrote: It is no paradox because the US now has strict laws and people can be sued if you discriminate against black people. There are also many programs and funds to help well recognized official minorities. The US was not a good place for a black man to achieve success before the Civil Rights movement.
The anti-discrimination laws have little to do with black achievement. Just as Jewish, Asian, and
Armenian men often flourish in the US, so do many black men due to the vastness of opportunity and social mobility, period. Just because blacks can sue does not enable them to succeed in business, education and so forth.

Also, as much as you might hate to acknowledge, successful black entrepreneurs and professionals due not owe their success to "programs" and "funds." One might make the argument that affirmative action sometimes aids blacks in gaining entry to elite universities and to a lesser extent, elite institutions. BUT, affirmative action does not impact whether one is successful in his craft or venture. For example, President Obama may have been admitted to Columbia and later Harvard with Affirmative Action. But his superior academic performance, membership on the Law Review have nothing to do with AA, let alone his ascension to Congress and the Presidency.

Finally, your perception that black success only took off AFTER the Civil Rights movement is patently false. Before the Civil Rights movement, each and every black community had built-in black entrepreneurs, land-owning farmers, and professionals and elites living among them. After the Civil Rights movement, these elites no longer were confined to black communities so these communities became ghettos full of underachieving blacks. At that point, black talent began to shift into mainstream universities, and into mainstream corporations and neighborhoods. If anything, the Civil Rights movement hastened the demise of the self-sufficient black economy due to dilution of the talent into the larger society.

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3619
Joined: September 6th, 2007, 7:30 pm

Post by ladislav » November 12th, 2011, 5:02 pm

Gentlemen, you both misunderstood me. I was not talking about AA, I was talking about strict race laws that no longer allow anyone to discriminate solely based on color and now a person cannot be turned down for a business loan, a place to set up a business and things like that solely because he is black. There are also associations like these

http://www.bbala.org/
http://www.aabba.net/
http://www.nbbta.org/members/headquarters
http://www.nbbc.org/
http://www.blackpgs.com/aawboa.html

All these will provide some kind of guidance and help and while one still has to work hard, the playing fields is now open to everyone.

Look at these also:

http://www.businessfinance.com/african- ... oregon.htm

http://www.minorityfinance.com/

Special organizations help one get financing.

Of course America is a great place to succeed for a black person. At least this is how I see it.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2284
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » November 12th, 2011, 11:06 pm

RW_Coins wrote: Then start calling for an end to AA and other race-based quota practices, Mr. Self-Sufficient Black Man. The irony is that all this Civil Rights stuff you people pushed for only makes you look like a second-rate, inferior race that can't help themselves without some handout or program to get them by. Ladislav was right.
What's wrong; can't find a job because all us "minorities" are holding you back :-)

The fact is, who cares what you think of us. Appearing "second-rate" to the likes of you does not impact my net worth nor my bottom line. Get over yourself, or better yet, get a job.

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3619
Joined: September 6th, 2007, 7:30 pm

Post by ladislav » November 13th, 2011, 6:26 am

What's wrong; can't find a job because all us "minorities" are holding you back
Back when I was still fresh off the boat in 1978, I went to a local supermarket and filled out an application form. They did not hire me because as they said to the person who had refered me, they just had a black guy apply there and they did not hire him so they did not want to hire me because then he could do something bad. On another occasion I was applying at this other company and I brought my resume thinking I could do some international marketing. I made a mistake of putting Russian as a language that I could speak fluently. The owner, a certain Mr. Smith, a what you call "white" guy, started mocking me- and how do you say this in Russian and how do you say that. He had a cynical grin on his face. The office was full of Mexicans and he was smiling at them and treating them really nice. I have no idea why he would even summon me to the interview to begin with. Just wanted to waste my time I guess.

I can give you more and more accounts of all this sick, gratuitous crap that goes on in the US at least vis-a-vis me. But I left and went to Saudi and that is where I was finally treated as a human being and just as an American.
Last edited by ladislav on November 13th, 2011, 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3619
Joined: September 6th, 2007, 7:30 pm

Post by ladislav » November 13th, 2011, 6:26 am

odbo wrote:That wasn't the point of my post at all.

The Norwegians don't go around the world trying to shove their language and mentality down others throats. Their neighbors the English do exactly that, as their offspring (Americans). More evidence that English culture is quintessentially Jewish. I won't even mention how those in non-colonial/non-European nations differ.

I could care less about racism, or some inflated ego of Mexicans who are taught by their parents they are superior than gringos.
Well, in Mexico a gringo will still be treated as a human being, socially, at least. He can make friends, integrate, get married and live a normal life even if he is not rich. He can speak Spanish with an accent and it won't matter. In that at least Mexican culture is superior. A Mexican in the US may be treated well legally, but socially he is basically doomed to ostracism. The Anglo culture is hopelessly racist socially. It is beyond repair at least in our lifetime. The best it can achieve is " multiculturalism" - an apartheid system in which people are assigned arbitrary, made for them slots ( known as "cultures"- about as lowly a thing as a bacterial "culture") which they did not choose and undue emphasis is placed on skin color and ethnic origin ( often inaccurate anthropologically speaking) which follows the person throughout his life. This creates anger, hatred or at best, a guilty effort to be nice to others contrary to what one feels inside. It just can't get over it and probably never will. But the Anglo world is good legally speaking and as far as getting financing and just the overall organization and inherent responsibility in most people. So one combines it with other cultures ( this time I mean real cultures) and lives a normal life.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2284
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » November 13th, 2011, 6:25 pm

ladislav wrote: Back when I was still fresh off the boat in 1978, I went to a local supermarket and filled out an application form. They did not hire me because as they said to the person who had refered me, they just had a black guy apply there and they did not hire him so they did not want to hire me because then he could do something bad. On another occasion I was applying at this other company and I brought my resume thinking I could do some international marketing. I made a mistake of putting Russian as a language that I could speak fluently. The owner, a certain Mr. Smith, a what you call "white" guy, started mocking me- and how do you say this in Russian and how do you say that. He had a cynical grin on his face. The office was full of Mexicans and he was smiling at them and treating them really nice. I have no idea why he would even summon me to the interview to begin with. Just wanted to waste my time I guess.

I can give you more and more accounts of all this sick, gratuitous crap that goes on in the US at least vis-a-vis me. But I left and went to Saudi and that is where I was finally treated as a human being and just as an American.
Sorry you had that experience. That smacks of unlawful discrimination based on national origin (Russian) and possibly race (white) so you could have sued.

But I digress, because you don't seem like the type to cry in his coffee because "minorities" make you a failure in life. If guys like that had half a functioning brain cell, they would know that females (especially white ones) are numerically the biggest obstacle to their gaining employment or entrance into universities. Sadly, these people still cry about minorities taking all of their opportunities. I mean, how dare these darker-hued people attain success before someone white. This mindset is as American as apple pie. Just look at the Occupy Wall Street movement and their clamoring for their "due."

DigitalNomad
Freshman Poster
Posts: 30
Joined: November 3rd, 2011, 11:01 am

Post by DigitalNomad » November 15th, 2011, 8:09 pm

Nice post

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Racial, Ethnic and Multicultural Issues”