Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

‘White Only’ Pool Sign

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

‘White Only’ Pool Sign

Post by zboy1 » December 21st, 2011, 3:59 am

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2 ... -explains/

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/2011/12/ ... d%3D121355

“We invited my daughter, who is African-American, to visit and swim in the pool for the Memorial Day weekend,� Gunn wrote in his complaint. “The owner, Jamie Hein, accused my daughter of making the pool ‘cloudy’ because she used chemicals in her hair. Days later, she posted a sign on the gate to the pool which reads, ‘Public Swimming Pool, White Only.’�

Check out the comments in these links: Most of the posters actually agree with the racist lady and is defending her!!!!!!!!!!! I never realized how angry whites have become in this country! Is this how most whites think privately these days! If so, then we're in a lot of trouble!

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » December 21st, 2011, 7:40 am

This mentality is part and parcel of the American way of life for many. Why are we surprised at all?

Americans tend to have the noxious combination of arrogance and stupidity at the same time, a dangerous combination that lends itself to these types of incidents.

odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo » December 21st, 2011, 7:51 am

It's her pool! It's not the business of anyone else what sign she puts up or what rules she enforces!

But why is it always pools that start these race wars? :lol:

I even remember there was an incident involving Michael Jordan when he was growing up in North Carolina. I was reading his biography in school back in the day, it said all the white parents dragged their kids out the pool as soon as he jumped in, and it left a big impression on him.