Is racial diversity a strength or a hindrance?

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.
Derp
Freshman Poster

Is racial diversity a strength or a hindrance?

Post by Derp »

Do you think a perfect society is a country where everybody is forced to live together or a homogeneous society not having to deal with problems of "racism" on a daily basis?

Entertain me with your opinion and give me reasons as to why you think the way you do.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

After living in the U.S. and spending some time in the U.K., I can say I prefer homogenous societies over multicultural societies. The fact is whenever I spend a significant time in Asia, I'm more comfortable over there then I am here. Not that I'm a racist, but from what I've personally seen, multiculturalism brings with it a lot of racial tension and in-fighting, lack of cohesion and togetherness, and creates a very divided society. Look at countries like Japan, Denmark, Iceland, and the Scandinavian countries; notice how relatively crime free those countries are and how stable and prosperous they are. The people are polite and generally happy. Compared them with countries like the U.S., U.K., Australia, etc.

I mean, I should love to live in NYC with how diverse it is, but the fact is racism abounds here and all the races are incredibly divided and don't like each other. The same situation occurs in other U.S. cities such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago. Explain how different people can get along living with each other? The only exception to this may be countries like Brazil or the Philippines where race does not mean as much as it does in Anglo societies. They seem to have gotten the issue of race right unlike many other countries.
Derp
Freshman Poster

Post by Derp »

You mentioned Brazil as a tolerant racial country. That country has a racial divide as well. Most blacks are poor and the darker you skin color is the harder it is to move up into society. All of the wealthy people in Brazil happen to be white in gated communities. Race matters in Brazil because the whites want to keep their blood-line from mixing with the mass amounts of darker skins.

Go and do your research on Brazil and you will find out it's not a racial tolerant society.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

zboy1 wrote:After living in the U.S. and spending some time in the U.K., I can say I prefer homogenous societies over multicultural societies. The fact is whenever I spend a significant time in Asia, I'm more comfortable over there then I am here. Not that I'm a racist, but from what I've personally seen, multiculturalism brings with it a lot of racial tension and in-fighting, lack of cohesion and togetherness, and creates a very divided society. Look at countries like Japan, Denmark, Iceland, and the Scandinavian countries; notice how relatively crime free those countries are and how stable and prosperous they are. The people are polite and generally happy. Compared them with countries like the U.S., U.K., Australia, etc.

I mean, I should love to live in NYC with how diverse it is, but the fact is racism abounds here and all the races are incredibly divided and don't like each other. The same situation occurs in other U.S. cities such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago. Explain how different people can get along living with each other? The only exception to this may be countries like Brazil or the Philippines where race does not mean as much as it does in Anglo societies. They seem to have gotten the issue of race right unlike many other countries.
Actually, Chicago is the least affected by that. I went there in 2003 and for a year and a half I was first living there, I used a 90-second pitch (never failed!) just to get Mexican-Am (first or second gen) female's email address...add them to Yahoo or AIM or MSN or whatever....chat it up with them for two long IM sessions during the week...on the 3rd IM session (regardless of how long or short it is), ask her to come over on a mutually-planned day and give you her number in order IN THE SAME TOKEN....

Baddah-boom-baddah-bing: next thing you know: you are dipping your dick in some Mex-Am p***y bareback feeling like velvet. I miss those days. I am still cool with three Mexican-American BBWs from Chicago til this day although one of them is getting married (and she had the biggest ass: 72" of all light-skinned Mex Am ass!!!!)...yeah Mexican-American girls in Chicagoland are mad easy. The Black women in Chicago are ghetto-er than the blackest woman from Brooklyn, Harlem, and Morrisania/Governor Morris projects in The Bronx!!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Unity is a strength. "Diversity" is a clever lingustic programming term which really refers to divide and conquer. If you have a town or an entire nation of only 1 ethnicity, it makes it much harder to control them. Those running the system have known for centuries that if you flood in immigrants, it will create a situation where people are at odds. Throughout history mass immigration was used by governments as a political tool to consolidate power and quell revolution. Even when the ethnicity was the same, if the groups had different religions (Catholic vs Protestant or Catholic vs Orthodox) it was enough to put a wedge between them. The recent globalization/3rd world immigration has had really serious consequences. Notice how 40 years ago everyone talked to their neighbors, now many don't even know who lives next to them. That suits the system just fine because people can't organize an uprising when every man is an island, and many citizens don't even speak the same language.

There are some benefits. Like sexy mixed-race/mixed-ethnicity women. But I prefer to go back to the good old days when this was an exception, and travelling abroad and being a certain nationality actually meant something. Now every culture and every nationality is starting to look and feel the same.

Last edited by odbo on January 16th, 2012, 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

billy wrote:There is not something like a perfect society. There is a reason why there are multethnic nations. It makes them stronger than the homogenous ones. Superpower nations are always stronger than multi ethnic nations.

Homogenous societies live in their idyll but outside is the world waiting to bite. Look at Japan who got some knock knocks on their doors in their past.

So no, living their is not good in the long run as you will be dominated. But short time it could be nice. But you will always feel the fear vibe. That is why their is german angst.
Your drivel makes no sense billy
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

billy wrote:There is not something like a perfect society. There is a reason why there are multethnic nations. It makes them stronger than the homogenous ones. Superpower nations are always stronger than multi ethnic nations.

Homogenous societies live in their idyll but outside is the world waiting to bite. Look at Japan who got some knock knocks on their doors in their past.

So no, living their is not good in the long run as you will be dominated. But short time it could be nice. But you will always feel the fear vibe. That is why their is german angst.
Billy, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you bro! Even though I am a minority, I have seen the negative consequences of diversity and multiculturalism on a society. If it was such a strength, then how do you explain the United States when it was majority white with few minorities and it was the greatest and most admired country in the world? It was a racist country even more than it is now! Now, that the U.S. is more diverse and multicultural, why is the U.S. declining so much and considered a laughing stock by most of the world?

How do you explain all the race-related riots in multicultural countries in recent years in the U.S., U.k., Australia, and France? In Germany, diversity has led to Muslims pouring into the country and creating a lot of tension with the German people. What region of the world is rising? The answer is Asia, with homogenous countries like China and India leading the way. No one is forcing Asian countries to adopt multiculturalism and diversity like they are in Western countries. Countries such as Japan and the Scandinavian countries with little to no diversity are often some of the safest, most civilized places to live in the world. Why is that so?

I'm not saying that all multicultural societies are bad! I think Brazil is one country where I wouldn't mind moving to one day. But, for the vast majority of countries in the world, diversity and multiculturalism is poison to society.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

i'm black and i even agree that multicultural societies are a big fail.where i live in the north east side of philadelphia it is the most anit-social and racist place i have ever been why....because of the among of emigrants we have in that area eve me being fluent in two languages and being well cultured dose not really help to break the ice with alot of them.
here you have brasilians ,dominicans,russians,chinese,cambodians,hatians,mexicans,colombians and they all only speak they're own languages as if they don't want to be understood(and some get mad if you speak they're language for some reason) and don't like any one who is not from they're country.it just makes for a very lonely setting especially if you are a black american in my neighborhood.hell sometime i feel like an emigrant or an outsider in my own country.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

it seems like a positive thing provided everyone gets along (good luck) but i hate that diversity shit shoved down my throat by lefties and feel good marxist.

however, diversity of p***y is good.
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

skateboardstephen wrote:i'm black and i even agree that multicultural societies are a big fail.where i live in the north east side of philadelphia it is the most anit-social and racist place i have ever been why....because of the among of emigrants we have in that area eve me being fluent in two languages and being well cultured dose not really help to break the ice with alot of them.
here you have brasilians ,dominicans,russians,chinese,cambodians,hatians,mexicans,colombians and they all only speak they're own languages as if they don't want to be understood(and some get mad if you speak they're language for some reason) and don't like any one who is not from they're country.it just makes for a very lonely setting especially if you are a black american in my neighborhood.hell sometime i feel like an emigrant or an outsider in my own country.
That's crazy. Move to BR with that talent and skill and you'll get a job, man. Let me PM you...
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

It depends how you define diversity. If you are speaking of diversity of experience, skills and abilities, than it is a good thing. However, if you are speaking of demographic diversity, it can be both an asset or a liability depending on the dynamic.

Ethnic diversity for diversity's sake is foolishness, but American history is rife with examples of diversity being strength. One example that comes to mind is the Battle of New Orleans against the British in the War of 1812. Andrew Jackson threw together a motley crew of French, Spanish, African, and WASP militias that routed the Brits who were better armed and larger in number than the Americans.

It works the opposite way also at times, but that's life.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

Konradzsky wrote:Multiculturalism is a disaster when the foreigners that immigrate refuse to speak the native language and follow the local customs. They don't care to assimilate and only care to spread their cultural influence. The Muslims seriously don't belong in Europe. They are a barbaric people in my opinion whose calendar dates back to the Dark Ages. They stone women, support jihad, and their civilization is in its raw form is incompatible with European Enlightened ideals.

If the the immigrants can't respect the native laws and customs of the land, then how can you expect to have a peaceful cohesion of harmony?

Look at China. They consider themselves Han and they all speak Mandarin. That's unity.
and sometimes they don't even want to share they're culture.one thing that gets me is the ones who only speak they're languages among them selves but when you chime in and speak they're native language and do so very well they respond in english, then i'm like well if you fuckers can speak english then why aren't you speaking it so i can be apart of the conversation.brasilians are not so bad with this they are more than happy to have a conversation in portuguese even though they do it too sometimes but spanish speakers are notorious for this.they don't even bring they're culture as a means to teach better understanding of them but as a way to separate themselves then cry racism or ignorance if any assumptions are made about said culture.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
DebaraWinson
Freshman Poster

Post by DebaraWinson »

Someone has very correctly said about the diversity in America. Our strength is not our diversity; our strength is our ability to unite people of different backgrounds around common principles. A common language is necessary to reach that goal.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Multiculturalisam is big fail and it is used as a tool by elites to control people. I see that everyday in my company where we have people from all over the world, noone gets along with noone, anglos prefer anglos, indians hang out with indians and so on..try to unite these people and organize strike or anything like that , impossible.
We are just part of an experiment, I think somebody realized that this way its easier to control and enslave population than if you keep them homogenous,
thats why you will never have revolution in US, Australia and now Europe is becoming the same if not worse , we are divided, isolated and weak

These days nobody talks to their neighbours, so sad...is it true that 40 years ago it was normal to talk to your neighbours and be close with them?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

It is hard to put a finger on where a society becomes diverse or not and what constitutes homogeneity.

One thing in the Philippines for one is to try to define a Filipino for it is just citizenship. Any citizen on any descent is considered Filipino in this country. They have very white people and very black and they speak so many languages, yet they get along and respect each other. There are no ethnic riots in the Philippines. Foreigners who arrive just assimilate if they want to or stay apart if they want to. No one will force them to do anything. Most people just care about how well you treat others and your money, of course.

The social system is very advanced and fair.

I think diversity works under two conditions- either you have a very friendly society that assimilates you into it or at least tolerates you well, or you have a highly educated population. Look at Switzerland- it speaks four languages and consists of four major ethnic groups. But they are educated and well behaved people and all are Swiss.

When you have a poorly educated population as in the US with more uneducated people brought in, and a very strict racial classification system whereby a person can never be just an American even if born there, then you have what you have.

Also, when you colonize other countries and then invite poor masses from there to do cheap work as in case of France or Germany, you have trouble on your hands. West Euros themselves are guilty of all that diversity. Robbing all those far away countries for centuries, then feeling guilty and importing laborers from them, then calling all this bs- multiculturalism is a mistake.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!