Would you have mixed interracial kids?

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.

Would you have mixed interracial kids?

Yes. Why not? Race doesn't matter and mixed kids look cute and exotic.
61%
No. Mixing races is weird and unnatural. I wouldn't want hybrid kids. I'd rather preserve my race.
29%
Undecided. Not sure. Never thought about it.
10%

Total votes: 49
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

ladislav wrote:Image
Please decipher this. Black with white and then who with who?[/quote]

I assumed the first three were black men with white women and the last was a white guy with an Asian woman.
Last edited by abcdavid01 on November 23rd, 2012, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

American ethnic system is screwed up and created by mad men. Do you think those Americans who are of this or that ancestry really have an identity and thinking of those people whom they imagine themselves to be? Maybe for one generation or maybe two. Not more. Most are very Anglocized in thinking and behavior.
If you were living in S. America, the identity of the people is what their citizenship is. There is no background. It starts with birthplace.
This is why we are happier abroad.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

To answer your first question, I'm already mixed race. My mother is Mexican/Spanish and my father is German/Estonian. Having children with a Hispanic woman wouldn't be crossing a new line, albeit my children probably would look more hispanic than me. Dating an asian woman is a different story.
Winston wrote:To those here who are of a mixed race:

How has your mixed ethnicity affected your identity and self-esteem?
100% of people who see me refer to me as white. The only give away that I have other genetics is that I have brown eyes. I suppose I'm treated better as a white person than a Mexican person. On the same note however I don't look anything like some of my Mexican family members, so my brother and I are somewhat of outsiders. When I was at college I doubt I would of been accepted to any latino student groups - not that I cared.

I think it's a bigger issue for people who's genetics are more evenly split - leaving them no classic features to identify with. I do often think about how it would effect my children. Supposing I had children that had more obvious hispanic or asian features, they may suffer racism. This would be one of those unique circumstances where I've directly condemned them to a fate that I'd never have to experience myself.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

As awful as it might sound to some people, I don't think of slavery as a racist institution. Of course now blacks in America are still angry about it 150 years later and are made to be so by liberal culture. Liberalism thrives by creating the illusion of chains from which they must forever be liberated from. Slavery has existed in almost every culture and race around the world throughout history. Europeans enslaving Europeans, Asians enslaving Asians, Africans enslaving Africans. Heck, even the Israelites in the Bible had slaves of their own after they left Egypt. It was simply the norm at the time. Africans were simply targeted to become slaves in the New World because they were vulnerable - the easiest group to enslave. If blacks today really cared about slavery, they'd be outraged over the slavery that still goes on in Africa among different African groups. But of course they aren't - that doesn't help them to create White Guilt.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

abcdavid01 wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Mixing races is nothing new, and has been going on for millennia. Whether you like it or not, it is a personal decision for people, and there is nothing you can do to change it. As a matter of fact, ranting against it seems to encourage it because people want what people say they cannot have.

To the guys with all the explanations for interracial couplings, nice try. Just because you concoct a few lame reasons for interracial couplings, does not hide the fact that your ego is damaged because guys who you think are beneath you, out compete you for women of your group.

If that makes you feel better, so be it, but get used to it, because it will be more and more common. Don't hate on us, up your game a bit so you can have a shot to get yours too. Envy is not a good look.
I would just hope people like me by "ranting" can get people to be more considerate. Deciding to start a mixed race family is not a decision to take lightly. Doing so purely out of love is selfish. Even if the love is there, the family needs to move to an environment where the children can fit in. They also need to give their children a solid identity outside of or fully inclusive of both their races/cultures. If a child does not have an identity they will suffer greatly in life. They will fail to understand the world because they have no background with which to judge things. They will not be able to see groups of people and feel like they belong to them. I know this because until very recently I had those problems. This would be easier if people in America just thought of each other as Americans regardless of other backgrounds, but that is not reality.
Actually, I was not referring to you as a ranter. I can't help but see your situation as an unfortunate consequense of the American tribal system, not a universal experience of a multiracial person. America forces individuals to choose tribal affiliations, not every culture.

Is still believe that interracial couplings are natural, have been around forever, and will be here for the remainder of mankind. Just because a minority child has difficulty fitting in does not mean minority parents are selfish for producing more minority children. You don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.

I would suggest that parents in collectivist countries like America better prepare their biracial children by focusing on individual identity rather than group identity. Why must a child have the "identity" associated with ethnic group as you suggest? This is wrong, limiting, and more selfish than anything else discussed here.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

It doesn't have to be ethnically based. Like I said, it would be better if Americans could look at nationality first. However, that isn't the case here, so choosing to focus on ethnicity becomes essential to forging identity. That's just the reality of the situation. I think it is important to have individual identity within a group. Pure individualism is a very lonely philosophy.
targetguy
Freshman Poster

racial identity

Post by targetguy »

8) I have read a book years ago about race and it was explained that the race the child is considered goes by the race of the father of the children. In russia there are a lot of eurasian people and the usa also maybe they are not to far apart. From what i have noticed and read once a white person marrys a black person they are considered black. Most of the ethnic groups seem to stick to marrying someone of their own race particulaly mexican people and i have notice a large amount of black and white couples because of this in arizona and california. Also a lot of asian and caucasian couples these days. The usa is not the same mom and pop country it once was years ago and maybe like the brazil video says this is a class thing mostly lower and the upper class remains intact this way.
no scammers
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Post by ILoveBlackAmericanWomen »

Intercultural is different but you can be White and Black and have the same culture. Race is a social construct. Different physical superficial phenotype differences has nothing to do with race. A baby with a White dad and Black mother is not interacial. It is the same one race. As long as the parents have the same cultural beliefs then everything is ok.
To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

abcdavid01 wrote:
Please decipher this. Black with white and then who with who?
I assumed the first three were black men with white women and the last was a white guy with an Asian woman.[/quote]

Asian is way too broad. I think he means white guys with 'muddy' colored girls - Filipinas, Indonesians, Khmers certain Thais, and perhaps certain Latinas/Caribianas. Perhaps he should have added one more - White guy w/yellow girl to cover the guys who have real yellow fever - are specifically attracted to NE Asian girls and pair with them.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Re: racial identity

Post by Raja »

targetguy wrote:8) I have read a book years ago about race and it was explained that the race the child is considered goes by the race of the father of the children. In russia there are a lot of eurasian people and the usa also maybe they are not to far apart. From what i have noticed and read once a white person marrys a black person they are considered black. Most of the ethnic groups seem to stick to marrying someone of their own race particulaly mexican people and i have notice a large amount of black and white couples because of this in arizona and california. Also a lot of asian and caucasian couples these days. The usa is not the same mom and pop country it once was years ago and maybe like the brazil video says this is a class thing mostly lower and the upper class remains intact this way.
That was the so-called single drop rule. Unlike other cultures, say Latin America, where there is a wild range of racial identities until the last generation started insisting upon being multi-racial/cultural people where assigned the race of what was considered the lowest ranking race. Thus Tiger Woods was assigned to the Black race because his father was assigned to the Black race even if he had less then 50% heritage from western Africa.

Any known Black ancestor mixed with anything, the single drop, made you Black. Black latinos, now considered latino were Black as far as Jim Crow cared. However as you moved up the racial hierarchy the rule was not enforced, hence a generation of white people claiming to descend from a Native American nation, normally a Chief, Princess or Medicine Man. It seems ordinary Braves did not get the white women or if they did the offspring remained Indian
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

Rock wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:
Please decipher this. Black with white and then who with who?
I assumed the first three were black men with white women and the last was a white guy with an Asian woman.
Asian is way too broad. I think he means white guys with 'muddy' colored girls - Filipinas, Indonesians, Khmers certain Thais, and perhaps certain Latinas/Caribianas. Perhaps he should have added one more - White guy w/yellow girl to cover the guys who have real yellow fever - are specifically attracted to NE Asian girls and pair with them.
People who use the term "mud people" considered the light skinned Northeast Asians mud people too. Now apartheid South African Afrikaners may have given a dispensation to Taiwanese, but the is because at the time those two nations along with Israel were the international pariahs
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

FREEDOM1 wrote:

jews are some of the ugliest people i have seen, they should be mixing

more than anyone else

:lol:

I have known a few couples that fit this perfectly... cute girl + Jewish man...
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

On the question of "would you have mixed/biracial children", I'd say "depends on where you intend to live and raise your kids".

If you plan to pop mixed Asian/White kids in say, Irvine California, then it's not a big issue since your kids can identify with other mixed Asian/White kids at school.

Other places would vary depending on ethnic mix and tolerance levels.
geola
Freshman Poster

Post by geola »

I wouldn't have mixed kids, I love being white why wouldn't I want my kids to be white? I want my kids to look like me and want to preserve my race not destroy it.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Would you have mixed interracial kids?

Post by Jester »

Friends of mine, a mixed couple, who know me pretty well, challenged me to marry someone "big-boned" like me, not an Asian. hey felt it would make better looking kids.

Of course they do have a vested interest in keeping me in Mexico...

Anyway it got me thinking tonight, I googled for ugly and beautiful mixed-race people, this is one page I found

http://www.springoo.com/society/picture ... nd-people/

PS to all -- IMO this is a great thread, because it is not one-sided... it addresses hard issues many of us have faced or will face...

I think it is ABCDavid above who raised the issue of what kind of community kids will have... Ladislav discusses how mixes are treated well by other kids in LA and the Phils...

This is important stuff. We are not (most of us anyway) going to live life as solitary backpackers. Our actions affect others.

So, back to what got me to re-read this thread... are there combinations that dont turn out so well? Or that usually do well?
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."