The Xenophobia/Racism and Prejudice Scale

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Re: The Xenophobia/Racism and Prejudice Scale

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 5:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

lone_yakuza wrote:
zboy1 wrote:
AmericanInMexico wrote:
ladislav wrote:
AmericanInMexico wrote:
Will this law also forbid Asians from discriminating against whites? You whine and bitch so much like only your people have ever faced discrimination when the worst discrimination I have ever received in the United States has come from Asians. Go fix your own people before trying to fix mine.
The law should forbid all kinds of discrimination.

And as far as Yakuza b-tching, one's own pain hurts the most, of course. And what "own people" is he going to teach? And how? Get on a truck and ride through Little Tokyo with a loudspeaker? Then go to China Town? Then visit every laundromat in town run by Koreans with a flyer saying- please be nice to white people?

And one must admit that Asians in the US rarely physically attack white people or beat them up ( Hawaii being an exception but it is the Hawaiians doing it mainly). The same holds true in most Asian countries- physical assaults are rare- it is mostly taunting and social shunning. Just as painful I must admit, but still better than being killed.
YOU, ladislav, say that the law should forbid all kinds of discrimination, but lone yakuza does not. He is a definite Asian supremacist and doesn't care if other races get discriminated against as long as his own is legally protected. I have read enough of his posts to know just how much of a racial supremacist he is. And before anyone accuses me of hating Asians, let me say that I have also called out djfourmoney and ChosenTraveler before for being black supremacists as well as odbo for being a white supremacist.

Lone Yakuza has contributed nothing of value to this forum regarding being Happier Abroad. All his posts are are about how bad his life is because he's an Asian-American, which may very well be true. If that is true, then why has he not discussed his plans for going abroad? Why has he not talked about the countries he plans to visit? His posts are all about how bad the USA is, a fact which we established a long time ago. Here is what his posts amount to:

I'm 5'6 and Asian and white people are evil because white girls won't date me. I am strong and can beat anyone up because I took years of martial arts. This country hates Asians. Thank you.

He almost reminds me of The Arab who in every single post had to tell us that he was 6'4 and had had sex with lots of white women.
AmericanInMexico, you do have a point! Yakuza is angry and upset at being treated badly because of his race (which I understand since I'm also Asian), but he does not want to think about moving overseas. I keep telling him to start planning to get the hell out of the country, but he does not seem to take the advice to heart. He says he will be discriminated against if he goes back to Asia, but in my opinion, he'll do better over there than by staying in the United States. And there's lot of other countries besides the Asia-Pacific region where Asian men will be accepted and embraced--such as Mexico or other Latin American countries (see Falcon). Yakuza, buddy, start planning like I did a couple of years ago to prepare for the move! Otherwise, you're going to end up miserable to the end!

Zboy you obviously did not get to reading some of my exchanges with Ladislav discussing me going overseas. Also, you guys clearly did not read my intro about how I cannot physically go to hot/humid or hot climates because of breathing problems. I am getting surgery to try to remedy it, but even after surgery, I am not genetically suited for hot areas and am well suited for cold/cool climates.

Also, pollution is a big factor, so if the places are polluted, I would be better off in North America where at least my health would not go down the toilet.

You guys are lucky that health/genetics do not restrict the geographic areas you can go do. I, on the other hand, am not lucky because I have incurable chronic illnesses where severity is dependent on location/climate. And in cold/cool climates, the symptoms are almost non-existent.

I said in another post that I am learning Russian from a Russian dude and a girl from Kazakhstan. I am thinking of going to Eastern Russia some day or Manchuria or to my ancestor's lands in Hokkaido. Manchuria/SE Russia definitely if they can clean up the extreme pollution going on there right now.
Oh, my bad! Yeah, Japan, China, or Far East Russia sounds like good places for Asian men. Nothing wrong with venting a little bit, since I've done a lot of it in the past--and like you--got a lot of flak for it. It seems like a lot of people like to discount anti-Asian racism for some reason. (my guess is people believe in the "model minority" stereotype).
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Speaking of confused xenophobia:

Bill O' Reilly and Keith Ablow's take on Gangnam Style: this is 'dangerous foreign' music according to the Fox News anchors.

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

abcdavid01 wrote:I should learn Mandarin. That way I could pass for Eastern or Western depending on the situation. Guess there is an upside to mixed race.
Pessimist: "Crap. The glass of water is half empty."
Optimist: "No, the glass of water is half full!!"
Opportunist: "Haha, I drank the water!!!!"

Congratulations on being an opportunist.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

abcdavid01 wrote:The idea of laws barring discrimination in the private sector never sat well with me. I definitely think there should be an anti-discriminatory policy in the public sector, but I'm not sure how well these things work outside. The law can't actually change people's minds. Say a black person or an Asian person tries to eat at a restaurant. In a society without anti-discrimination laws, a White restaurant owner can kick these potential customers out of his restaurant on account of their race. He is a racist and he loses business because of it. On the other hand, in a society that does recognize anti-discrimination laws, the White, racist restaurant owner would be forced to serve minority customers. The owner would be forced to pretend he is not a racist, which leads the minority customers to give him their business, since they don't know he's really a racist. I don't want to give my money to racists if I can help it. I'd rather know which stores to boycott.
Totally agree.

I experienced discrimination only twice (that I know of), and in both instances I would MUCH rather have known that they didn't want to hire my ethnicity or age, before I wasted multiple trips. Jeezis, just TELL me.

"Dirty Irish", "dirty Jews", "dirty Chinese" etc etc all somehow did OK in the days when discrimination was open. Same with Armenians, once known as "Fresno Indians" lol.

Quiet, sneaky passive-aggressive discrimination has got to be annoying for today's "protected groups".
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

zboy1 wrote:Speaking of confused xenophobia:

Bill O' Reilly and Keith Ablow's take on Gangnam Style: this is 'dangerous foreign' music according to the Fox News anchors.

I love it.

Yeah you K-guys should really be riding the gangnam style / K-pop wave. Has got to translate into some superfluous tail for you somewhere down the road.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

This thread kinda got hijacked by someone's angst.

I would love to see anyone else's ratings of countries on the Ladislav Xenophobia Scale.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Jester wrote:
zboy1 wrote:Speaking of confused xenophobia:

I love it.

Yeah you K-guys should really be riding the gangnam style / K-pop wave. Has got to translate into some superfluous tail for you somewhere down the road.
Yeah, that's a good idea Jester. Actually, I think it would work best outside of the country., since foreign countries aren't as close-minded and inward-looking as the United States. There's too much of a prevalent anti-Asian bias in the U.S. for me to take advantage of the K-pop popularity here...
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Yeah, I just think most people make fun of PSY here in a William Hung kind of way. Great song though.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

AmericanInMexico wrote:YOU, ladislav, say that the law should forbid all kinds of discrimination, but lone yakuza does not. He is a definite Asian supremacist and doesn't care if other races get discriminated against as long as his own is legally protected. I have read enough of his posts to know just how much of a racial supremacist he is. And before anyone accuses me of hating Asians, let me say that I have also called out djfourmoney and ChosenTraveler before for being black supremacists as well as odbo for being a white supremacist.
You forgot to mention Maker55 who is also a black supremacist.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

ladislav wrote:So, I have devised a scale by which you can measure the level of xenophobia, racism, sexism and other types of isms against your kind. I urge international travelers to evaluate countries based on this measurement.
Can this system be applied to certain cities and towns?

What about a white person who lives in a black community with gangs and a high crime rate (e.g. Baltimore/Detroit)? I imagine that would be pretty high on the scale.

What about an Asian in a racist redneck town?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Voice of Reason wrote:
ladislav wrote:So, I have devised a scale by which you can measure the level of xenophobia, racism, sexism and other types of isms against your kind. I urge international travelers to evaluate countries based on this measurement.

What about a white person who lives in a black community with gangs and a high crime rate (e.g. Baltimore/Detroit)? I imagine that would be pretty high on the scale.

Oh absolutely. Even to neighborhoods. It's just that this board is about being "Happier Abroad" so it applies to countries mainly.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

ladislav wrote:
Voice of Reason wrote:

Oh absolutely. Even to neighborhoods. It's just that this board is about being "Happier Abroad" so it applies to countries mainly.
Does the scale account for situations where a foreigner might be preferred to a certain group of natives? E.g., an American living in a Balkan country might be better received than the local Roma. Or does that not happen?
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Does the scale account for situations where a foreigner might be preferred to a certain group of natives? E.g., an American living in a Balkan country might be better received than the local Roma. Or does that not happen?
[/quote]

I guess so. It is basically people in a place vis-a-vis you, whoever you might be. A Roma will evoke a different type of reaction, someone else, some other, etc.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!