Racial Incidences in America

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Racial Incidences in America

Post by zboy1 »

I've decided to dedicate this thread to all the racial incidents happening in the United States. I'm doing this to dismiss the notion that the U.S. is a "melting pot" of a country, and that all races somehow 'get along,' when in reality, they don't. In fact, it's one of the most racist countries on the planet.

A Mexican-American boy sang the National Anthem, and racist NBA fans can't handle it

http://www.dailydot.com/news/sebastian- ... =outbrain5#

Last edited by zboy1 on June 21st, 2013, 1:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Here's another racist incident involving a racist White women ranting against Indian workers:

Dunkin’ Donuts workers who calmly handled ranting racist woman in viral video to get reward
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/12/d ... et-reward/

Where are all those people that defend the racism in the United States like Ladislav? Or those that try to pretend that the racism here is not as bad as any of the supposedly racist, Asian countries?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Hispanic Republican Heckled to 'Learn English' at Tea Party Rally

Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

so true, america is the most racist country on the planet. They're just not direct about it as others. In addition, people will deny anything other than a happy melting pot when they're racist themselves.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Mr.Darcy wrote:so true, america is the most racist country on the planet. They're just not direct about it as others. In addition, people will deny anything other than a happy melting pot when they're racist themselves.
It's pretty racist but at least it has laws to protect the oppressed and avenues of redress. And many good people who will come to help you. However, the most racist on the planet-- among the 196 countries we have? Nah. No such proof!
Where are all those people that defend the racism in the United States like Ladislav?

I'm here! I'm here! Where did I defend racism in the USA? Please quote me.
Or those that try to pretend that the racism here is not as bad as any of the supposedly racist, Asian countries?
It is not as bad as in Asian countries where they non-chalantly call white people foreign devils on TV. Learn Asian languages and listen to them talk and hear things they say about other races, nationalities and foreigners in general. Then compare it to the USA in degree and frequency of occurrence. Check their laws --where racism is legal. Look at the US gov't with so many different immigrants who rose to power and are now top officials. Compare it to Asian countries where there are -try- virtually none! Yes, racial incidents happen in a country of 330 million but they are aired and condemned and are seen as bad. In Asia, they are not even seen as bad.

Go and live in Asian countries for years-- as I have --and most importantly, learn the languages so that you could understand what they are saying about you. Then, come back and we'll talk.

As far as the kid, well, he went to an NBA game, dominated by black people dressed in a Mexican outfit. Not a good idea. Could have been something more neutral.

Having said all that, look at all the comments below defending the kid. Tens and tens of comments of people standing up for him.

In Asia it would just be silence. Just like it was for me when I tried to rent an apartment in Japan and had doors slammed in my face. No one stood up for me. I even went to a newspaper there and the reported took the side of the landlords- Americans look scary, he said. He still published an article about me-- not one Japanese person stood up for me. Not one helped me.

I will never forget those times.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

In a nation of 330 million, yeah, there are gonna be some jerks.
There are also plenty of people who will risk their own safety to help strangers.
People even sign up for organ donation programs; willing to help people they'll never meet.

No, not everyone is going to want to date, befriend, live next door to you, or give you a fvcking cookie.
To cry "that's waisis!!" Image at every slight misses the broader point that if any of those jerks HARM you, burns a cross on your lawn, or vandalizes your property, the police WON'T require a bribe to look into it.

So some idiots get on line and talk crap about that Mexican kid playing the anthem.
How many dared try to harm him? ZERO. That's what counts.

You don't find many businesses in America with signs posted saying "no foreigners" either for hire or entry.
Can't say that for certain Asian countries.

You also have the right to defend your life & property without having to rely on your hand-to-hand combat skills.
Can't say that for a good chunk of the rest of the world.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I have lived or visited Asian countries before, namely South Korea and Thailand...and I was treated very well. The reason they don't like foreigners in Asia is because of all the crimes they commit, such as American soldiers raping Asian women, causing fights in bars and restaurants, and genuinely being disrespectful to the host country--and to the people who live in those countries. Take for example, how Aussies behave in Asia--many HappierAbroad posters have documented their behavior in Asia--and you will understand why Asians are distrustful of foreigners. Also, Ladislav, you--of all people, should know how poorly foreigners behave in Thailand. No wonder Thai's dislike foreigners!

In a way, it's similar with how Americans dislike illegal aliens for their behavior, such as refusing to speak English and forcing Americans to only speak Spanish, their refusal to assimilate to the dominant American culture, their tendency towards violence and criminality, and them partaking in--and benefiting from--the many welfare programs they're not legally entitled to..Who wouldn't be upset with that kind of behavior?
Anti-American
Freshman Poster

Post by Anti-American »

zboy1 wrote:Here's another racist incident involving a racist White women ranting against Indian workers:

Dunkin’ Donuts workers who calmly handled ranting racist woman in viral video to get reward

Where are all those people that defend the racism in the United States like Ladislav? Or those that try to pretend that the racism here is not as bad as any of the supposedly racist, Asian countries?
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

See, zboy1, in America, this sort of thing has fast & measurable costs.

Paula Deen: Fired By Food Network Following Lawsuit, Racial Slurs
http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/stars/paula-deen/

All before the weekend is over. :wink:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Illinois GOP leader emails racist rant targeting former Miss America who's running for Congress as a REPUBLICAN

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2WvxHaf98

'Rodney Davis will win' the primary against Erika Harold, Allen wrote, 'and the love child of the D.N.C. will be back in S**tcago by May of 2014 working for some law firm that needs to meet their quota for minority hires.' 'The little queen touts her abstinence and she won the crown because she got bullied in school,,,boohoo..kids are cruel, life sucks and you move on,' Allen continued. 'Now, miss queen is being used like a street walker and her pimps are the DEMOCRAT PARTY and RINO REPUBLICANS…These pimps want something they can’t get,,, the seat held by a conservative REPUBLICAN Rodney Davis and Nancy Pelosi can’t stand it.'

Republican Targets GOP Candidate (whose a Black conservative) in Racist, Sexist Attack

Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Um, you left out something .... :lol:
Jim Allen, Illinois GOP Official, Resigns After Racially Charged Attack On Erika Harold
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/2 ... 75551.html
And ... he's gone.

zboy1 wrote:Illinois GOP leader emails racist rant targeting former Miss America who's running for Congress as a REPUBLICAN

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2WvxHaf98

'Rodney Davis will win' the primary against Erika Harold, Allen wrote, 'and the love child of the D.N.C. will be back in S**tcago by May of 2014 working for some law firm that needs to meet their quota for minority hires.' 'The little queen touts her abstinence and she won the crown because she got bullied in school,,,boohoo..kids are cruel, life sucks and you move on,' Allen continued. 'Now, miss queen is being used like a street walker and her pimps are the DEMOCRAT PARTY and RINO REPUBLICANS…These pimps want something they can’t get,,, the seat held by a conservative REPUBLICAN Rodney Davis and Nancy Pelosi can’t stand it.'

Republican Targets GOP Candidate (whose a Black conservative) in Racist, Sexist Attack

не поглеждай назад. 8)

Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

zboy1 wrote:Here's another racist incident involving a racist White women ranting against Indian workers:

Interestingly, apparently, there was a huge revolt against this girl and she ended up getting fired from her job.

Also, a fund was set up that ended up raising $10,000 for the cashier (which he stated that he would use for medical school).
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Teal, you don't have to use hand-to-hand combat in the States to protect against racial attacks? Really...

White family attacked for being in wrong neighborhood

Black Columbia University football player charged with hate crime

White guy beaten by racist Blacks for dating a Black woman in Savannah

Hate crime: Racist Latino punches 69 year old White woman in wheelchair, says "I hate White people"

And no racist signs or "no foreigners" entry in the U.S. Really...?

Pool Boots Kids Who Might "Change the Complexion"
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/loc ... exion.html

Ohio man sues over ‘White Only’ sign at pool
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... z2Ww94xotw

Roxy Night Club Orlando FL (No Asians allowed in nightclub!)

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

have lived or visited Asian countries before, namely South Korea and Thailand...and I was treated very well. The reason they don't like foreigners in Asia ...
So, you are justifying it? No one denies that racial incidents happen in the USA. But they are illegal, and are immediately on the news and there's redress, charges and action. There are lawsuits. In other words, racist people are punished. Not in Asia. Nothing happens. The police and courts will take side of the locals, not the foreigner or a minority. Racism is not illegal there.
Gunn testified Friday at an Ohio Civil Rights Commission hearing in Cincinnati that the sign at the duplex where he rented an apartment cost his family emotionally and financially. The hearing was held to consider penalties that could include punitive and compensatory damages against Gunn’s former landlord.

The commission found on Sept. 29 that landlord Jamie Hein, who claimed that the 10-year-old girl’s hair products clouded the pool, discriminated against the child. The commission ruled that Hein, who is white, violated the Ohio Civil Rights Act by posting the sign.

Civil rights, the commission, suits, penalties, hearing..man, there's going to be hell to pay. Where is this in Asia when a Japanese jumps out and starts jabbering "Gaijin dame, gaijin dame!"? Or a Thai goes into an epyleptic fit with his "farang, farang, farang" shyt?

So, it's OK to dislike all foreigners because of some drunken fights by the GIs? As in the 'entire world'? Even a university professor from Mongolia ( an Asian) was denied an apartment in Japan when I was there. They are simply 100 years behind the US/the West in human rights and it does not only apply to racism but also classism, sexism etc-- you should hear the drivel they talk on TV and the insults they hurl-- in their language, of course. Those countries are socially backward still.

Not that the US is socially advanced, but it's still better in many ways. Asians don't even have the phrase 'you are racist' in their language. Many don't know the meaning of unfair generalization. Nothing like this is taught in schools. In Thailand, many schools will even refuse a mixed child--is this because it's a GI that will start fights --even if it's a girl?

Note: the above does not apply to the Philippines or Singapore.

Americans disliking illegal aliens? Well, these are illegal. Do you see signs forbidding their entry though?

White people are legal in Asia for the most part-- they have visas and all. Most are working as teachers and all. WTF?

Show me a "no foreigners" sign in the US though. A "no aliens" sign. An "Americans only" sign.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!