Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Why are Asians and Blacks such huge self-haters?

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4606
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:33 am

Why are Asians and Blacks such huge self-haters?

Post by zboy1 » October 10th, 2014, 4:29 pm

I've met so many self-hating Asians and Blacks--it's ridiculous. They either love to disparage their own race, deny their own heritage or outright stay away from their own kind.

The self-hating Black is already a well-known phenomenon, so I don't think I'll go that much into it. (Though I'll let Contrarian and E_Irizzary expound on the problem, LOl!) But for Asians--it seems particularly endemic in our communities.

I can understand Blacks hating on their own--due to all the problems associated with the Black race (no offense guys). As for Asians, we're probably the second most advanced race (next to Whites), and have built modern, wealthy societies that equal many White nations (the only non-White race to achieve this).

I think self-hating Asians are even worse than Blacks, in many regards; for example, even in Asia, I've talked to Chinese, Koreans and other races talk sh*t about their own race--while talking up light-skinned races--while being incredibly racist towards dark-skinned races like Blacks, Indians, and Filipinos. LOL!

Asians love to treat their own like crap, for some reason...Sad.

Why the lack of pride? Why do Asians love to attack each other? Why are Asian women so bad to their men? I see this crap even in Asia, smh...

(I love to ask these kinds of crazy questions on HA, because when I post on other forums, they won't touch these kinds of subjects with a ten-foot pole, haha...)




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2037
Joined: May 31st, 2014, 8:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Post by MarcosZeitola » October 10th, 2014, 4:47 pm

When in all the movies you watch, the interviews you see, the books you rate, it's white guys and girls who are the 'stars', this may screw up one's perception. Also there's the simple fact that hybrids tend to do better on the dating market, are said to be more genetically healthy and often more attractive. Interracial porn is fetishized, the sexuality of black men exaggerated and that of asian men downplayed. Asian dudes are made the butt of jokes, black men made out to be criminals or stupid. And then there's their women... Asian women becoming more and more materialistic and Westernized, black women holding up their men to ridiculously high standards. Being either too ghetto or too career driven and lacking genuine warmth.

If you look in the mirror and every day you see a face that is, apparently, deemed undesirable by the women of your own race, you start thinking. Maybe, you think to yourself, I am too black. Too asian. You instinctively go for women of different races because you'll be damned to repeat the mistakes your father made; you want to ensure your children do not look like yourself. Your self-hatred makes you want to father offspring that does not resemble you. Subconsciously you are driven to chase after that which you aren't. Chase after your opposite. Only to find that much coveted 'prize' isn't so different from your own women after all.

It's a f***ed up world, and in the end we all lose when we buy into stereotypes and bullshit. Self-hatred is the downfall of a strong people. It is man's greatest weakness, but a weakness far too many of us have cultivated and made into their identity.

Jonny Law
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1091
Joined: May 13th, 2014, 9:14 pm

Post by Jonny Law » October 10th, 2014, 7:03 pm

:)
Last edited by Jonny Law on October 10th, 2014, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jonny Law
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1091
Joined: May 13th, 2014, 9:14 pm

Post by Jonny Law » October 10th, 2014, 7:04 pm

-Bullshit- "When in all the movies you watch, the interviews you see, the books you rate, it's white guys and girls who are the 'stars'" Just to be sure Blacks are under-represented in the media, Musican and Televison industries? Do you get out much?

My real question is why are you bigoted and why do you not listen to other opinions? Why cannot a person say a negative thing about their race? If you say something positive about your race by defintion you are a Racist and if you say something negative about your race you are Self-Hater.

I guess the lesson here is that in the US of Gay do not say anything about anything. You have the freedom of shutting the f**k up.

Also I wanted to remind you that one of the steps to change and self-imrovement is anger at the condition you are currenly in.

Thanks and enjoy :)
MarcosZeitola wrote:When in all the movies you watch, the interviews you see, the books you rate, it's white guys and girls who are the 'stars', this may screw up one's perception. Also there's the simple fact that hybrids tend to do better on the dating market, are said to be more genetically healthy and often more attractive. Interracial p**n is fetishized, the sexuality of black men exaggerated and that of asian men downplayed. Asian dudes are made the butt of jokes, black men made out to be criminals or stupid. And then there's their women... Asian women becoming more and more materialistic and Westernized, black women holding up their men to ridiculously high standards. Being either too ghetto or too career driven and lacking genuine warmth.

If you look in the mirror and every day you see a face that is, apparently, deemed undesirable by the women of your own race, you start thinking. Maybe, you think to yourself, I am too black. Too asian. You instinctively go for women of different races because you'll be damned to repeat the mistakes your father made; you want to ensure your children do not look like yourself. Your self-hatred makes you want to father offspring that does not resemble you. Subconsciously you are driven to chase after that which you aren't. Chase after your opposite. Only to find that much coveted 'prize' isn't so different from your own women after all.

It's a f***ed up world, and in the end we all lose when we buy into stereotypes and bullshit. Self-hatred is the downfall of a strong people. It is man's greatest weakness, but a weakness far too many of us have cultivated and made into their identity.

User avatar
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2323
Joined: April 19th, 2013, 1:26 am
Location: The fuckin' U.S. of Gay *ugh*

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer » October 10th, 2014, 10:36 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:When in all the movies you watch, the interviews you see, the books you rate, it's white guys and girls who are the 'stars', this may screw up one's perception. Also there's the simple fact that hybrids tend to do better on the dating market, are said to be more genetically healthy and often more attractive. Interracial p**n is fetishized, the sexuality of black men exaggerated and that of asian men downplayed. Asian dudes are made the butt of jokes, black men made out to be criminals or stupid. And then there's their women... Asian women becoming more and more materialistic and Westernized, black women holding up their men to ridiculously high standards. Being either too ghetto or too career driven and lacking genuine warmth.

If you look in the mirror and every day you see a face that is, apparently, deemed undesirable by the women of your own race, you start thinking. Maybe, you think to yourself, I am too black. Too asian. You instinctively go for women of different races because you'll be damned to repeat the mistakes your father made; you want to ensure your children do not look like yourself. Your self-hatred makes you want to father offspring that does not resemble you. Subconsciously you are driven to chase after that which you aren't. Chase after your opposite. Only to find that much coveted 'prize' isn't so different from your own women after all.

It's a f***ed up world, and in the end we all lose when we buy into stereotypes and bullshit. Self-hatred is the downfall of a strong people. It is man's greatest weakness, but a weakness far too many of us have cultivated and made into their identity.
It's a f.ucked up country #Fixed The whole world isn't f.ucked like Western media may have told you that it is.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
- Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB

User avatar
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5941
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am
Contact:

Post by Ghost » October 11th, 2014, 3:56 am

Whites are taught to self-hate as well. It isn't relegated to any race in particular. (Yeah, I know someone will be on in just a second to mention the Jooz...)

Anyway, self-hate, but perhaps more importantly, viewing self-hate as "only my race or our races are doing this..." greatly plays into divide et impera.
Expatriation Ragnarok
Make the most of going abroad while you still can.
Expatriation Ragnarok - Paperback
PM me to become a member of the Happier Abroad Support Network.

User avatar
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3108
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Contact:

Re: Why are Asians and Blacks such huge self-haters?

Post by Yohan » October 11th, 2014, 6:37 am

zboy1 wrote:I've met so many self-hating Asians and Blacks--it's ridiculous. They either love to disparage their own race, deny their own heritage or outright stay away from their own kind.

-----

(I love to ask these kinds of crazy questions on HA, because when I post on other forums, they won't touch these kinds of subjects with a ten-foot pole, haha...)
This has nothing to do with the race, but more about the gender. Male self-hate is a part of the feminist ideology.

I do not know anything about self-hating young black and Asian women in the USA.
A few self-hating women might exist, but for sure men outnumber women by a huge margin for sure.
Check out the suicide numbers by gender.

Yes, you can ask this question using some other forums too which are critical about feminism. I am using since many years the Niceguy-Forum, just one example.

Self-hate is a way to nowhere, regardless if you are black, white, yellow, red, brown....It is only causing men to become either desperate or aggressive. There are better solutions waiting for you - but only if you can jump over your own shadow, remain calm and reject all this racist BS-talk.

User avatar
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3108
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Contact:

Post by Yohan » October 11th, 2014, 6:59 am

MarcosZeitola wrote:When in all the movies you watch, the interviews you see, the books you rate, it's white guys and girls who are the 'stars'...
If you talk about USA, you are right, but you also have to see the fact, that white people are clearly the majority, outnumber black people maybe 5:1 or so. Of course - this is simple mathematics - you will see 5 interviews with white people and 1 interview with black people.

I heard, in Canada, white people outnumber black people more than 10:1, of course wherever you go you will likely face a white person and rarely a black person.

Here in Asia it's totally different, in Japan you will see maybe 98 interviews with Japanese and other Asians and only 2 interviews with white people, almost nothing with black people, as they are a tiny minority.
It's a f***ed up world, and in the end we all lose when we buy into stereotypes and bullshit. Self-hatred is the downfall of a strong people. It is man's greatest weakness, but a weakness far too many of us have cultivated and made into their identity.
This is a different topic, and I agree with you, I see however little reference to race, it's more about gender. As a man you are considered in Western countries often as 2nd class - as a walking ATM, and if you are old or sick you are an used item, a broken tool, trash.

rootlesscosmopolitan
Freshman Poster
Posts: 56
Joined: August 7th, 2014, 2:50 am

Re: Why are Asians and Blacks such huge self-haters?

Post by rootlesscosmopolitan » October 11th, 2014, 7:48 am

zboy1 wrote:I've met so many self-hating Asians and Blacks--it's ridiculous. They either love to disparage their own race, deny their own heritage or outright stay away from their own kind.

The self-hating Black is already a well-known phenomenon, so I don't think I'll go that much into it. (Though I'll let Contrarian and E_Irizzary expound on the problem, LOl!) But for Asians--it seems particularly endemic in our communities.

I can understand Blacks hating on their own--due to all the problems associated with the Black race (no offense guys). As for Asians, we're probably the second most advanced race (next to Whites), and have built modern, wealthy societies that equal many White nations (the only non-White race to achieve this).

I think self-hating Asians are even worse than Blacks, in many regards; for example, even in Asia, I've talked to Chinese, Koreans and other races talk sh*t about their own race--while talking up light-skinned races--while being incredibly racist towards dark-skinned races like Blacks, Indians, and Filipinos. LOL!

Asians love to treat their own like crap, for some reason...Sad.

Why the lack of pride? Why do Asians love to attack each other? Why are Asian women so bad to their men? I see this crap even in Asia, smh...

(I love to ask these kinds of crazy questions on HA, because when I post on other forums, they won't touch these kinds of subjects with a ten-foot pole, haha...)
In my opinion, the root of this problem is three fold:


1.most people (in a western context) do not believe in significant racial differences.

2.Those that do suspect racial differences exist do not think deeply enough about the implications of the matter to come to a rational outcome. (which I will cover below)

3.the mainstream media and culture in western countries promotes a kind of "universal" culture/personality which is supposed to be detached from notions of race.


What ends up happening is that because minorities do not acknowledge the existence of racial differences (mostly psychological ones, but also including physiological ones), they are unable to realize that the standards, expectations and common (usually "white") culture which are imposed on them is ultimately incompatible and ill fitting. However instead of realizing that this is a racial (genetic) issue, they instead blame themselves or others. To give an example of what I am talking about, look at this picture:

Image

When you look at this picture, what do you think this guy is like? For me, from what I see the guy in this picture embodies many desirable qualities. He appears to be very confident, trustworthy, broad minded, laidback, reasonable and kind. It is precisely these kinds of bundled personality traits that men in america (regardless of race) are encouraged to adopt, disseminated through both the media and our culture. However the problem is that this particular bundle of qualities (when considered holistically and not separately) is an implicitly "white" construct. As such it fits white people best, and may or may not fit other minority groups as well. That being said, lets try comparing that profile of traits to the traits of your typical asian (or more accurately asian american) person:

-Not extremely confident, but not necessarily insecure either. Tendency goes towards being more introverted.
-Trustworthy, but doesn't have a moral attachment to the concept like many whites do.
-Not really broadminded to various ethical, political, philosophical, etc ideas; however this doesnt imply closemindedness, rather it mostly implies indifference/detachedness or in some cases having a narrow range of interests. Also asians tend to be more pragmatic and concerned with immediate or tangible realities as opposed to abstract ones.
-In terms of being laidback or not, this is a tough one. Its hard to say. I think it would be accurate to say that many asians are quite laidback individuals, but not quite to the same degree as white people.
-In terms of reasonability, I think that asians excel at being detached and reasonable (relative to other races). However our reasonability differs from the reasonability of whites. Asians are more concerned with the facts of the matter itself and whether its correct or incorrect; whites are more reasonable in terms of being tolerant and understanding. (this ties in with being broadminded)
-Finally in terms of kindness. Asians are not intrinsically unkind, however I don't think anybody would ever say that asians are especially kind either. Asians are not known for their bleeding hearts; typically we are seen as being more pragmatic and calculating.

As you can see from the above list of asian personality traits, it is a lot different than the typical traits that you would see in white people. As a result, its no surprise that so many asians are self hating; they are taught by society that they should conform to one standard, when their genes and brains are telling them to conform to another standard. What's more, many western cultures (at least american culture) is at best neutral, or at worst devalues most of the typical asian psychological traits. As a result, in an indirect way, asian americans are taught to downplay or reject their intrinsic genetic traits, this too leads to many self hating asians. I think another common conundrum that occurs is when asian americans try to consciously distance themselves from comfortable, natural ways of acting in order to purposely prove stereotypes wrong. For example, I know an asian guy who really really hates being stereotyped or being seen as a weak asian by society; as a result he tries extra hard to act macho and outgoing in order to disprove the stereotype, but ultimately its an act. Seeing as how I have known the guy for a long time and have had serious, long talks with him, I know that he's actually more of an introvert. However to prove a point to society, he tortures himself by rejecting his true personality and trying to put on a facade. So naturally its not hard to see how he might develop a self hate complex. Another interesting point is that ironically, I have noticed that the majority of self hating asians, actually feel secretly insecure/unconsciously resent white people as well.

I think if somehow racial differences were more recognized (or if at least if racial egalitarianism wasnt propagandized so much), then people would gradually feel more comfortable about just being themselves, instead of constantly trying to struggle against their natures in order to fit in and satisfy their (erroneous) notions of how people are supposed to act in society.

Lastly, I recognize that not every single white person acts in a certain way, nor does every single asian person act similarly, and there are oftentimes exceptions; but I think that the profile of personality traits that I provided (when considered holistically and not as separate traits) fits each race quite well.

Also this even applies in asian countries because the "white" ideal is a globalized idea. Many asians in asian countries want to emulate white ways of thinking and doing; however they are mostly unaware that the white mindset is not transferrable and mostly genetic, thus they continue to engage in self hate because they think they can escape their current personality and way of thinking.

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4606
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:33 am

Post by zboy1 » October 11th, 2014, 3:02 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:When in all the movies you watch, the interviews you see, the books you rate, it's white guys and girls who are the 'stars', this may screw up one's perception. Also there's the simple fact that hybrids tend to do better on the dating market, are said to be more genetically healthy and often more attractive. Interracial p**n is fetishized, the sexuality of black men exaggerated and that of asian men downplayed. Asian dudes are made the butt of jokes, black men made out to be criminals or stupid. And then there's their women... Asian women becoming more and more materialistic and Westernized, black women holding up their men to ridiculously high standards. Being either too ghetto or too career driven and lacking genuine warmth.

If you look in the mirror and every day you see a face that is, apparently, deemed undesirable by the women of your own race, you start thinking. Maybe, you think to yourself, I am too black. Too asian. You instinctively go for women of different races because you'll be damned to repeat the mistakes your father made; you want to ensure your children do not look like yourself. Your self-hatred makes you want to father offspring that does not resemble you. Subconsciously you are driven to chase after that which you aren't. Chase after your opposite. Only to find that much coveted 'prize' isn't so different from your own women after all.

It's a f***ed up world, and in the end we all lose when we buy into stereotypes and bullshit. Self-hatred is the downfall of a strong people. It is man's greatest weakness, but a weakness far too many of us have cultivated and made into their identity.
I agree completely! Good summation, Marcos.

nicho12
Freshman Poster
Posts: 272
Joined: August 19th, 2013, 6:51 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Re: Why are Asians and Blacks such huge self-haters?

Post by nicho12 » October 11th, 2014, 8:45 pm

zboy1 wrote:I've met so many self-hating Asians and Blacks--it's ridiculous. They either love to disparage their own race, deny their own heritage or outright stay away from their own kind.

The self-hating Black is already a well-known phenomenon, so I don't think I'll go that much into it. (Though I'll let Contrarian and E_Irizzary expound on the problem, LOl!) But for Asians--it seems particularly endemic in our communities.

I can understand Blacks hating on their own--due to all the problems associated with the Black race (no offense guys). As for Asians, we're probably the second most advanced race (next to Whites), and have built modern, wealthy societies that equal many White nations (the only non-White race to achieve this).

I think self-hating Asians are even worse than Blacks, in many regards; for example, even in Asia, I've talked to Chinese, Koreans and other races talk sh*t about their own race--while talking up light-skinned races--while being incredibly racist towards dark-skinned races like Blacks, Indians, and Filipinos. LOL!

Asians love to treat their own like crap, for some reason...Sad.

Why the lack of pride? Why do Asians love to attack each other? Why are Asian women so bad to their men? I see this crap even in Asia, smh...

(I love to ask these kinds of crazy questions on HA, because when I post on other forums, they won't touch these kinds of subjects with a ten-foot pole, haha...)
Well both world wars were mainly fought among white people, it was whites killing whites, so I can also conclude that whites hate themselves according to your logic

newjazz
Freshman Poster
Posts: 31
Joined: August 19th, 2014, 5:28 am
Location: nola

Wait!....

Post by newjazz » October 12th, 2014, 2:27 am

Woah!......a few posters are talking bull shit!....the obvious explaination ofblack and asians self hate is because of white supremacy! Anyone that tries to deny this fact is seriously BS'ing of flat out being deceptive! This is partly why white people can go most places in the world with relative comfort. Just about every coner of the world you find images of white people front and center in tons of advertisements, not to mention white nordic christ!. I cant comment on asia because i ve never been there but africa, south america and central america ive been.....

Chad114
Freshman Poster
Posts: 76
Joined: July 12th, 2012, 3:37 pm

Re: Why are Asians and Blacks such huge self-haters?

Post by Chad114 » October 12th, 2014, 9:47 am

zboy1 wrote:I've met so many self-hating Asians and Blacks--it's ridiculous. They either love to disparage their own race, deny their own heritage or outright stay away from their own kind.

The self-hating Black is already a well-known phenomenon, so I don't think I'll go that much into it. (Though I'll let Contrarian and E_Irizzary expound on the problem, LOl!) But for Asians--it seems particularly endemic in our communities.

I can understand Blacks hating on their own--due to all the problems associated with the Black race (no offense guys). As for Asians, we're probably the second most advanced race (next to Whites), and have built modern, wealthy societies that equal many White nations (the only non-White race to achieve this).

I think self-hating Asians are even worse than Blacks, in many regards; for example, even in Asia, I've talked to Chinese, Koreans and other races talk sh*t about their own race--while talking up light-skinned races--while being incredibly racist towards dark-skinned races like Blacks, Indians, and Filipinos. LOL!

Asians love to treat their own like crap, for some reason...Sad.

Why the lack of pride? Why do Asians love to attack each other? Why are Asian women so bad to their men? I see this crap even in Asia, smh...

(I love to ask these kinds of crazy questions on HA, because when I post on other forums, they won't touch these kinds of subjects with a ten-foot pole, haha...)

Actually I feel that the self hating Asian is a well known phenomena. You yourself have exhibited signs of this when you so willingly concede 2nd tier status to whites while taking the opportunity to place your group above others. Your women marry out at an alarming rate.. Meanwhile black women in general aren't attracted to white men despite the white media recent attempts to convince us otherwise.
Last edited by Chad114 on October 12th, 2014, 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chad114
Freshman Poster
Posts: 76
Joined: July 12th, 2012, 3:37 pm

Re: Why are Asians and Blacks such huge self-haters?

Post by Chad114 » October 12th, 2014, 10:02 am

rootlesscosmopolitan wrote:
zboy1 wrote:I've met so many self-hating Asians and Blacks--it's ridiculous. They either love to disparage their own race, deny their own heritage or outright stay away from their own kind.

The self-hating Black is already a well-known phenomenon, so I don't think I'll go that much into it. (Though I'll let Contrarian and E_Irizzary expound on the problem, LOl!) But for Asians--it seems particularly endemic in our communities.

I can understand Blacks hating on their own--due to all the problems associated with the Black race (no offense guys). As for Asians, we're probably the second most advanced race (next to Whites), and have built modern, wealthy societies that equal many White nations (the only non-White race to achieve this).

I think self-hating Asians are even worse than Blacks, in many regards; for example, even in Asia, I've talked to Chinese, Koreans and other races talk sh*t about their own race--while talking up light-skinned races--while being incredibly racist towards dark-skinned races like Blacks, Indians, and Filipinos. LOL!

Asians love to treat their own like crap, for some reason...Sad.

Why the lack of pride? Why do Asians love to attack each other? Why are Asian women so bad to their men? I see this crap even in Asia, smh...

(I love to ask these kinds of crazy questions on HA, because when I post on other forums, they won't touch these kinds of subjects with a ten-foot pole, haha...)
In my opinion, the root of this problem is three fold:


1.most people (in a western context) do not believe in significant racial differences.

2.Those that do suspect racial differences exist do not think deeply enough about the implications of the matter to come to a rational outcome. (which I will cover below)

3.the mainstream media and culture in western countries promotes a kind of "universal" culture/personality which is supposed to be detached from notions of race.


What ends up happening is that because minorities do not acknowledge the existence of racial differences (mostly psychological ones, but also including physiological ones), they are unable to realize that the standards, expectations and common (usually "white") culture which are imposed on them is ultimately incompatible and ill fitting. However instead of realizing that this is a racial (genetic) issue, they instead blame themselves or others. To give an example of what I am talking about, look at this picture:

Image

When you look at this picture, what do you think this guy is like? For me, from what I see the guy in this picture embodies many desirable qualities. He appears to be very confident, trustworthy, broad minded, laidback, reasonable and kind. It is precisely these kinds of bundled personality traits that men in america (regardless of race) are encouraged to adopt, disseminated through both the media and our culture. However the problem is that this particular bundle of qualities (when considered holistically and not separately) is an implicitly "white" construct. As such it fits white people best, and may or may not fit other minority groups as well. That being said, lets try comparing that profile of traits to the traits of your typical asian (or more accurately asian american) person:

-Not extremely confident, but not necessarily insecure either. Tendency goes towards being more introverted.
-Trustworthy, but doesn't have a moral attachment to the concept like many whites do.
-Not really broadminded to various ethical, political, philosophical, etc ideas; however this doesnt imply closemindedness, rather it mostly implies indifference/detachedness or in some cases having a narrow range of interests. Also asians tend to be more pragmatic and concerned with immediate or tangible realities as opposed to abstract ones.
-In terms of being laidback or not, this is a tough one. Its hard to say. I think it would be accurate to say that many asians are quite laidback individuals, but not quite to the same degree as white people.
-In terms of reasonability, I think that asians excel at being detached and reasonable (relative to other races). However our reasonability differs from the reasonability of whites. Asians are more concerned with the facts of the matter itself and whether its correct or incorrect; whites are more reasonable in terms of being tolerant and understanding. (this ties in with being broadminded)
-Finally in terms of kindness. Asians are not intrinsically unkind, however I don't think anybody would ever say that asians are especially kind either. Asians are not known for their bleeding hearts; typically we are seen as being more pragmatic and calculating.

As you can see from the above list of asian personality traits, it is a lot different than the typical traits that you would see in white people. As a result, its no surprise that so many asians are self hating; they are taught by society that they should conform to one standard, when their genes and brains are telling them to conform to another standard. What's more, many western cultures (at least american culture) is at best neutral, or at worst devalues most of the typical asian psychological traits. As a result, in an indirect way, asian americans are taught to downplay or reject their intrinsic genetic traits, this too leads to many self hating asians. I think another common conundrum that occurs is when asian americans try to consciously distance themselves from comfortable, natural ways of acting in order to purposely prove stereotypes wrong. For example, I know an asian guy who really really hates being stereotyped or being seen as a weak asian by society; as a result he tries extra hard to act macho and outgoing in order to disprove the stereotype, but ultimately its an act. Seeing as how I have known the guy for a long time and have had serious, long talks with him, I know that he's actually more of an introvert. However to prove a point to society, he tortures himself by rejecting his true personality and trying to put on a facade. So naturally its not hard to see how he might develop a self hate complex. Another interesting point is that ironically, I have noticed that the majority of self hating asians, actually feel secretly insecure/unconsciously resent white people as well.

I think if somehow racial differences were more recognized (or if at least if racial egalitarianism wasnt propagandized so much), then people would gradually feel more comfortable about just being themselves, instead of constantly trying to struggle against their natures in order to fit in and satisfy their (erroneous) notions of how people are supposed to act in society.

Lastly, I recognize that not every single white person acts in a certain way, nor does every single asian person act similarly, and there are oftentimes exceptions; but I think that the profile of personality traits that I provided (when considered holistically and not as separate traits) fits each race quite well.

Also this even applies in asian countries because the "white" ideal is a globalized idea. Many asians in asian countries want to emulate white ways of thinking and doing; however they are mostly unaware that the white mindset is not transferrable and mostly genetic, thus they continue to engage in self hate because they think they can escape their current personality and way of thinking.
In a world dominated by white supremacy a non white has two choices. Submit or resist. If you choose to submit the repercussions include mental illness often manifested in self hatred. That self hate will cause you to attack your own kind while trying to bed your oppressor. I dont agree that a nonwhite (notice I didn't use the the false minority label) can escape white supremacy simply by recognizing their ""racial" differences(another white supremacist term). The non white still has to deal with the ramifications of...not being white :oops:

Traveler
Freshman Poster
Posts: 297
Joined: March 31st, 2013, 7:23 am

Post by Traveler » October 12th, 2014, 12:54 pm

Black thug culture is not something to be proud of nor is the mass failure to take advantage of opportunities that America provides.

Asians can be full of self hate on an individual level. They are often criticized by parents and teachers and made to feel inadequate. Protecting self esteem is much less valued than in the West. On the other hand, Asians can be very racist and nationalistic on a collective level.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Racial, Ethnic and Multicultural Issues”