Why multiculturalism sucks

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why multiculturalism sucks

Post by fschmidt »

Ghost wrote:I think about how to square being against multiculturalism, while at the same time accepting that if I ever had children, they will only be partially white more than likely.
That's easy. Race is not culture. Multiculturalism sucks, but race is irrelevant.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 9th, 2020, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Doesn't multiculturalism work in places like Belgium, Switzerland, Finland, and South Africa?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

A demographic history of the USA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographi ... ted_States

An interesting look at immigration to America in the 1750s:

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/passage.htm

At the time of independence, a lot of Americans were German-speaking

http://www.understandingyourancestors.c ... ation.aspx
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

pandabear wrote:Doesn't multiculturalism work in places like Belgium, Switzerland, Finland, and South Africa?
In Switzerland and Finland it might, for the plain simple reason that there are very few minorities over there.

As for Belgium and South Africa, multi-culturalism DEFINITELY does not work there as there are many tensions between minorities in those countries. Belgium has a lot of problems with immigrants, especially African and Islamic ones. Many of their young Muslims radicalize and travel to Syria or Iraq to fight for IS, and those who return alive may very well commit acts of terror upon return. Just this year, there was a shooting at a Jewish museum in Brussels that killed several people. To say Belgium and S-Africa are making multiculturalism work is a gross misunderstanding of the facts on the ground. You wouldn't believe the amount of murders, violent crimes and rapes taking place in South Africa every week.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

pandabear wrote:Doesn't multiculturalism work in places like Belgium, Switzerland, Finland, and South Africa?
So by your definition "working" is letting the land fall to marauding savages, such that, for example, out of about 12000 remaining white famers, about 4000 have been killed in the past 20 years? Of course it goes without saying that all the human-built infrastructure is being ruined. It is working in the sense that the multinational corporations are being able to exploit South Africa's mineral resources without sharing much of the wealth with the country's hominid inhabitants, since there is no united opposition against them doing so. Is that what you mean?
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Belgium has a Flemish-speaking population and a French-speaking population, sharing the country in relative harmony.

Switzerland has German, French, Italian and Romansch-speaking areas.

Finland has a big Swedish-speaking minority.

Singapore is doing okay.

Canada has a Francophone province. Canada is doing okay.

South Africa probably isn't as bad as some people think it is.

With multiculturalism, I'm not stuck with eating at McDonald's--I can eat Chinese, Greek, Mexican, Lebanese food--whatever I want.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

@pandabear. I think, in the above cases you have either indigenous populations of pretty much the same level of education/civilization ( as in Switzerland/Belgium) or those who immigrated at roughly the same time ( Singapore/ Canada). Problems begin when you have a rich country with an established culture and then, lots of very poor, uneducated people move in in huge numbers. Thus you have England with its Pakistanis, France with its Arab minority and Germany with its Turks. The economic/cultural gap is too big plus they are too recent. Malaysia/Singapore are OK now but remember the racial tensions in the '70ies. And there were wars between the English and the French in Canada. But that was a long time ago. They learned to live together after a couple of hundred years.

Arabs, Turks, etc will assimilate after 100 years, too. Or they will adopt/develop their own version of European Islam ala Bosnia and become a sort of a tolerant variety of Germans/Frenchmen. Multiculturalism does not work in the short term, but over ( a very long) time, it does. Takes a couple of generations. In case of other Euros= 2, in case of non Euros- 3-4.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Good points. Although, here, we have Mexicans taking jobs that Americans don't want, Koreans opening businesses (like dry cleaning--which Americans don't want to do), Chinese running restaurants, Indians doing computer work, and Filipina nurses.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I am not an expert on the countries mentioned, but let me share my impressions:

Belgians are all White, all Northern European, all Catholic. So, not THAT multiculti. But they are STILL only stuck with each other till the right moment. It will break up for sure. Flanders and Wallonia each have separate flags and so on.

EU in Brussels could almost be looked at as a bone thrown to the Flemings - or perhaps even, an occupation garrison.

If multiculti worked, then why wouldn't Catholic Belgium or at least Flanders, join Netherlands. Belgian Flanders and the Netherlands both (mostly) speak Dutch. Why? Because Netherlands is Protestant. And as FSchmidt obliquely points out above (in his typical terse fashion), religion/worldview may be a more important component of culture than ancestry.

In the case of Switzerland, each canton has its own language and religion. I think it works because they are NOT multiculti. They have a form of "geographic apartheid". Plus they are still White and central European, with a common history (fighting Romans, fighting Austrians, William Tell, etc)

South Africa I believe still has geographic apartheid, whites and Blacks living apart. I think even different nationalities of Blacks live apart, and Afrikaners still dream of independence, perhaps more realistic than ever since so many Anglo-hypocrites and Jew-hypocrites have left. If not for monocultural communities, I think there would be perpetual war.

Finland may be the best example of the four you listed. The Aryan Swedes and non-Aryan Finns live together, speak the common (Finnish) language, share national pride and so on. OTH, I think both are Lutheran -- again making a point for the FSchmidt thesis that a common religion is more important than common blood.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

ladislav wrote:My essay on the topic:

http://expatriateobservations.blogspot. ... alism.html
Great article.

+1

I learned some things.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Post by Luc Furr »

Multiculturalism more than just sucks, it destroys countries. Why? Multiculturalism is always linked to immigration and immigration is theft.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Luc Furr wrote:
Multiculturalism more than just sucks, it destroys countries. Why? Multiculturalism is always linked to immigration and immigration is theft.
Good point.

I would tweak your words a bit, to say, immigration is being invited into someone's home, on trust. If you don't contribute as much or more than you receive, then THAT is theft.

The fact that some goddam immigrant is "hardworking", or "just wants a better life for his family", is bullshit. The same can be said of a hungry termite.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Jester wrote: If multiculti worked, then why wouldn't Catholic Belgium or at least Flanders, join Netherlands. Belgian Flanders and the Netherlands both (mostly) speak Dutch. Why? Because Netherlands is Protestant. And as FSchmidt obliquely points out above (in his typical terse fashion), religion/worldview may be a more important component of culture than ancestry.
I think that very few people in Belgium or Holland ever go to church any more, anyway. Plus, they seem to enjoy being in the European Union. If you're from one EU country, then you can go and live anywhere you want in the EU.