Video: Taiwanese racist harassing white guy on subway

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.
GoodLife
Freshman Poster

Re: Video: Taiwanese racist harassing white guy on subway

Post by GoodLife »

chanta76. Aggravated harassment from anyone is DEAD WRONG and should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. That said not to diminish your the friends experience but these videos are the watered down diluted racism/bullying and maybe you don't like to hearing this. Here is some real bullying. This girls is a 14 year old freshman and she did'nt see a therapist .

Nine 9th graders had to face this mob.

Black Americans are the most bullied. In 2015 its institutional bullying. Its much more sophisticated.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Why is it that racism towards Asian men is often discounted or thought of as being meaningless to most people, yet when an Asian acts racist towards others, then it's often considered a big deal? Lol. I don't think that's fair.

As for African Americans, I think that community suffers tremendously from racism (both institutional and otherwise), no doubt about it. I've seen some videos from Tommy Sotamayor and others, and boy, I thought the Asian American community was effed-up, but the African American community is in much worse shape. But again, people shouldn't discount racism towards Asian Americans. I suffered tremendous racism back in the States, and only when I left, did I heal and become a better person.
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

zboy1 wrote:
November 30th, 2015, 6:24 am
Why is it that racism towards Asian men is often discounted or thought of as being meaningless to most people, yet when an Asian acts racist towards others, then it's often considered a big deal? Lol. I don't think that's fair.
I totally agree with you zboy1, as I am an Asian-American male, just like you are.

It's true. Racism against Asian males are tolerated or just swept under the rug. However, you have these white westerners going to East Asian or Southeast Asian nations, with the same mentality that they have while living here in the US, thinking that they should be treated like kings.

But when they step off the plane, especially in countries like Japan, S. Korea or China, the realize that they are the minority.

There are some white western guys who go to teach English in Korea, Japan, Taiwan, etc, with the main purpose of not educating students, but to have sex, knock some girl up, etc.
As for African Americans, I think that community suffers tremendously from racism (both institutional and otherwise), no doubt about it. I've seen some videos from Tommy Sotamayor and others, and boy, I thought the Asian American community was effed-up, but the African American community is in much worse shape. But again, people shouldn't discount racism towards Asian Americans. I suffered tremendous racism back in the States, and only when I left, did I heal and become a better person.
yes, racism and discrimination against us Asians are treated as "okay" here in the US. And that's what's f***ed up about the US.

I honestly don't give a rat's ass about the black afro-american community because some of their leaders and media reps (i.e. Chris Rock, Steve Harvey) made racial jokes against Asians, and they got no repercussions about it.

Heck, there are so many black racist comedians who poke fun at the Asian community, yet the media does not censure them or the broadcasting company does not punish them. There is not repercussions against racism against us Asians.

However, if an Asian person were to make derrogatory and/or racist comments against black people, oh boy, he or she will get killed or the media will slander the Asian guy's reputation, stating to the world that he or she is a racist etc.

A good prime example is that f***ing black shit head, Stever Harvey who went on air to mock Asian male. One of his talk show episodes talked about a book that was published for Asian males were interested in dating. he asked "who the hell is interested in dating Asian males?" And people in the audience, including sucky sucky five-dolla sellout Asian women in the audience were laughing at this dindu's joke.

I forgot the first name of another black comedian, but his lastname is Chapelle. He too made a lot of stupid racist jokes towards Asians in his crap movie vidoes. One of them he said "konnichiwa bitches" when the women were Chinese people. So ignorant.
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

Traveler wrote:
November 12th, 2015, 2:56 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYYVATuLwCA

"Looks to me like your run of the mill scams, so popular in China and South Korea. They try and find a foreigner in a very public place, piss him/her off enough that they throw the first punch and sue. Foreigners are targeted because 9/10 times the Chinese and Korean police will take the side of their countrymen, no matter what evidence you have."

I've heard about similar situations in Korea. It's really a no-win situation for a foreigner. The best thing to do is walk away. In the US, such harassment might quickly lead to a fight. In Asia, you could end up paying someone hundreds or thousands of dollars in compensation if you hit them. The cops won't care that you were provoked.
Traveler, waaahhh, cry me a river.

Do you know how many of us Asian males here living in the US ( I can't speak for Canada or other Western nations) have been cock blocked or had other people hurl verbal jokes or harassed us for dating a white female or even a black female?

Yes, it's true.

I have been to a night club with my Chinese-American friend (I no longer keep in touch with him) while I was living in Chicago. He was dancing with a white female in the club when some asshole white guy comes up and starts to chat with the white girl, completely ignoring my friend as if he was not there.

I also recall back in college where I had to pair up with somebody in my class to work on a small project. I paired up with a white female in my class to work on the video project. After class, this asshole white guy in my class told the girl, "aw man, how come you have to work with that guy?" It was as if I was some kind of dirty loser.
The racism and jealousy that white westerners face in Asian countries from the Asian male locals is minor....yes MINOR....compared to the violence and hatred that us Asian men face when dating white or black or Hispanic/Latina's here in the US. That is a fact!
You don't know because you're white guy and you live a better life here in the US compared to us Asian males. When white or even black guys try to cock block an Asian guy dating a non-Asian female, it usually involves a fist fight or some kind of violent altercation.

Furthermore, there was another instance where I went to a club with my Puerto Rican friend in Connecticut. I was spending the summer in CT due to a summer study/research program. The night club was a Jamaican club full of black females and black guys. For me, I was not interested in dancing with any of the black females. However, I did strike up a conversation with a black female while she was just dancing BY HERSELF on the floor. I started to chat with her, introduce myself. then out of nowhere, some jealous black guy starts to dance near us, trying to place himself between me and the black girl. LOL! :lol: f***ing loser. The black girl and I walked to a different part of the club to finish our interaction.
That black guy was not successful and eventually danced away to interact with other women at the club. But that experience of mine goes to show you that men from other racial background do the same shit when they see a male from another racial background interacting with a female from their racial background/group.

I 100% agree with what Chanta and Zboy1 have to say here because I have experienced similar crap from guys here in the US. But their experience of being cock-blocked might have been worse than my experiences.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

This aggressor was clearly psychologically projecting his own faults onto the man who he envied. While he was hideously ugly himself, he ironically called the boyfriend ugly. While he was the obvious loser (his hair was greasy and his face badly blemished), he called the boyfriend all sorts of loser.

That is why you have to be careful around men from the have-not category. If they cannot have what you have, they will likely try to sabotage or destroy you instead.

The boyfriend also handled the situation poorly. By engaging the conversation for his YouTube channel, he fueled it. People like that are best ignored until they get bored and walk away.

I have always said that arrogance coupled with low-intelligence is a dangerous combination in men of the "ne'er do well" class.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I also get the sense that there is an element of the Asian "saving face" issue here. The aggressor, upon his arrest, claimed he was bumped into by the boyfriend who did not apologize. While irrational as a response, I think this guy was attempting to regain "face" to some extent but he went way overboard.
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 7:25 am

Correct me if I am wrong, but I also get the sense that there is an element of the Asian "saving face" issue here. The aggressor, upon his arrest, claimed he was bumped into by the boyfriend who did not apologize. While irrational as a response, I think this guy was attempting to regain "face" to some extent but he went way overboard.
Hmm,, I disagree. I do think that the white foreigner guy bumped into the Taiwanese guy. However, since the foreign white guy was with a taiwanese local girl, he should have apologized or waved his hand to the Taiwanese guy. Things like bumping into a guy, and the guy being foreign with a local girl, makes the guy more angry and violent.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

In asia you see tons of white guys with asian girls. Its bound to happen where local asian guys will get jealous of mad. I'm just surprise that there isn't more of this.

Here in the states it happens too. I had asian Male friends who dated white or black girls and would get harass for dating them.

It's about competition. Part of the reason why people act racist is because of competition..
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

chanta76 wrote:
August 10th, 2018, 6:06 pm
In asia you see tons of white guys with asian girls. Its bound to happen where local asian guys will get jealous of mad. I'm just surprise that there isn't more of this.

Here in the states it happens too. I had asian Male friends who dated white or black girls and would get harass for dating them.

It's about competition. Part of the reason why people act racist is because of competition..
Very true, Chanta. Very true. ...

It's why I'm hesitant to go back to the U.S., considering how the races despise each other behind the veneer of civility.

Homogeneous countries function better, period!
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

November 17th, 2015, 4:08 pm
This guy is a "hater" spoiling for a fight because of envy about the foreigner taking away a girl he would want.

There is no scam here, just taunting to provoke a fight to beat the foreigner into submission.

Like I have always said, the loser male is the most dangerous male. ISIS is filled with loser males stoked to destroy the western males with whom they cannot compete.

Had the white foreigner guy pushed or shoved the loser, he would have been beaten within an inch of his life. I also have to say that the loser guy was an idiot to do this on camera in this work uniform. This is another clue of his loser status not to mention his dumpy appearance.
Never thought about it like that. Thanks for sharing that viewpoint! :lol:

It's true what you're saying, they have nothing to lose, I don't think that particular spotty gimp could beat eggs but they are dangerous, there was that case where some Chinese dude murdered a Chinese woman in Beijing with a big sword in front of her French husband.

Of course, it has nothing to do with these men - many who will never have sex in their lives - in countries like Taiwan, Korea, India, Pakistan, China, Japan not being up to standard, not having any hyigene standards, having no social graces, spoilt, not taking responsibility for anything in their lives but you're right, they're very very dangerous because they have nothing to lose and I never thought of it like that.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

July 30th, 2018, 7:25 am
This aggressor was clearly psychologically projecting his own faults onto the man who he envied. While he was hideously ugly himself, he ironically called the boyfriend ugly. While he was the obvious loser (his hair was greasy and his face badly blemished), he called the boyfriend all sorts of loser.

That is why you have to be careful around men from the have-not category. If they cannot have what you have, they will likely try to sabotage or destroy you instead.

The boyfriend also handled the situation poorly. By engaging the conversation for his YouTube channel, he fueled it. People like that are best ignored until they get bored and walk away.

I have always said that arrogance coupled with low-intelligence is a dangerous combination in men of the "ne'er do well" class.

What he did wrong was converse with him in Chinese, he should have conversed with him in English. It's hard though because these people do exist.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

chanta76 wrote:

I don't see 'tons' of white guys with Asian girls here in China, obviously you see some in the bigger cities but it isn't common, it might be in places like Thailand, I don't know.

A white guy in China needs to have film star white guy qualities to get a nice looking woman here - tall, well dressed, somewhat handsome etc
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

chanta76 wrote:
For sure!

Over the years, I've noticed that racism is 90% sexual access envy and 10% financial envy (which impacts sexual access). It's only the guys who are suffering the deprivation of BOTH of those who seem to focus on racial hatred. Once I realized that 35 years ago, I usually smirk when I encounter it. :mrgreen:

We can see that "sex and money" envy expressed in racial terms on this very forum.

@Hypermak
@Cornfed
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

July 5th, 2020, 7:26 pm
chanta76 wrote:
For sure!

Over the years, I've noticed that racism is 90% sexual access envy and 10% financial envy (which impacts sexual access). It's only the guys who are suffering the deprivation of BOTH of those who seem to focus on racial hatred. Once I realized that 35 years ago, I usually smirk when I encounter it. :mrgreen:

We can see that "sex and money" envy expressed in racial terms on this very forum.

@Hypermak
@Cornfed
In your case I don't think "racism" is the word. I have a lot of friends who are Afroamerican/Afrocaribbean and I have a lot of love and respect for them. They are smart, talented, fun to be around, cheerful, in any combination.

You seem to have nothing to offer. Do you feel insecure because you're black, or because it's so easy to expose you as one giant fake, and an arrogant a**hole at that?

I told you countless time not to confuse the reaction to you being the prototype of an a**hole, with racism or envy towards some of your (alleged) qualities.

As a friend from the UK once said: a physical a**hole is always black. A personality a**hole can come in any colour. :D
Last edited by hypermak on July 5th, 2020, 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

hypermak wrote:
July 5th, 2020, 7:36 pm
July 5th, 2020, 7:26 pm
chanta76 wrote:
For sure!

@Hypermak
@Cornfed
In your case I don't think "racism" is the word. I have a lot of friends who are black and Afroamerican and I have a lot of love and respect for them. They are smart, talented, fun to be around, cheerful, in any combination.

You seem to have nothing to offer. Do you feel insecure because you're black, or because it's so easy to expose you as one giant fake, and an arrogant a**hole at that?

I told you countless time not to confuse the reaction to you being the prototype of an a**hole, with racism or envy towards some of your (alleged) qualities.

As a friend from the UK once said: a physical a**hole is always black. A personality a**hole can come in any colour. :D
You need professional help..... Maybe then you'll have a small chance to get big wealth and beautiful women than you obviously can't.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

July 5th, 2020, 7:42 pm
You need professional help..... Maybe then you'll have a small chance to get big wealth and beautiful women than you obviously can't.
As if my life depended on that, right? This is where you just expose yourself as the pathetic run-of-the-mill fake businessman you are. Really wealthy people would be embarrassed to even mention anything about their wealth and success.

You seem the perfect crossover of an alt-right/MGTOW nutter, a self-help scam victim and one of these circle-jerking neo-masculinity kids who are all talk and no walk. The truly embarrassing part is that you're in your 50s. And you show the maturity of one of those teenagers. Even @Winston noticed that.

How you just won't shut the f**k up and curl back in your corner, it's beyond me.