A question for non-whites..

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.
drealm
Junior Poster

A question for non-whites..

Post by drealm »

As a white person I have no concept of looking at other whites as more/less white. I think whites in general have an egalitarian perception of each other. Sure some of us may be taller, more handsome, muscular, etc. But a white is a white and there aren't degrees of "whiteness". Now it's occurred to me that this egalitarianism is a unique phenomena among whites.

For example there's no such equality amongst blacks, asians, latins, indians, arabs, etc.

I was recently watching a video by some black on youtube and I guess there's a pecking order in the black community amongst dark/light skin girls. It kinda of makes you wonder how blacks can call whites racist when they themselves promote this pecking order.

I know in Asia, porcelain "white" skin is prized. Where as dark skin is considered lowly.

In latin America, everyone is trying to out-white the next person.

I guess my questions is have any non-whites noticed this?
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Re: A question for non-whites..

Post by Kradmelder »

Well Im white so can't really say, but I notice amongst Indians in SA, the lighter skinned indians are a higher class than the very dark 'koelies'. The same with Coloureds. Light skinned almost white 'yellow' coloureds are higher than the ones almost black. Black women use skin lighteners and umbrellas in the sun to avoid going darker.

But you are correct. A white porra is no less than a white blonde afrikaner, or a dark skinned afrikaner is equal. White is white and all is accepted.

Good point. It is only whites that dont really rate variations within the race.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: A question for non-whites..

Post by Teal Lantern »

drealm wrote:As a white person I have no concept of looking at other whites as more/less white. I think whites in general have an egalitarian perception of each other. Sure some of us may be taller, more handsome, muscular, etc. But a white is a white and there aren't degrees of "whiteness". Now it's occurred to me that this egalitarianism is a unique phenomena among whites.

For example there's no such equality amongst blacks, asians, latins, indians, arabs, etc.

I was recently watching a video by some black on youtube and I guess there's a pecking order in the black community amongst dark/light skin girls. It kinda of makes you wonder how blacks can call whites racist when they themselves promote this pecking order.

I know in Asia, porcelain "white" skin is prized. Where as dark skin is considered lowly.

In latin America, everyone is trying to out-white the next person.

I guess my questions is have any non-whites noticed this?
Sure, there CAN be a pecking order with people who care about that, but I'm going to disagree with
But a white is a white and there aren't degrees of "whiteness". Now it's occurred to me that this egalitarianism is a unique phenomena among whites.
and Krad's
White is white and all is accepted. .... It is only whites that dont really rate variations within the race.
There's a youtuber from Eastern Europe (Serbia?) who has done videos on how EE men (but, surprise, not EE women) are attacked in Western Europe for not being "white" enough.

BTW, there is a pecking order among non-whites regarding normal sized vs. ham planet females.
Are you more egalitarian, there, too? :wink:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything