Why are Whites creative/innovative/distinctive, but Asians can only memorize/copy/repeat?

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Re: Why are whites creative/innovative but Asians can only repeat/memorize/copy?

Post by gnosis »

Asians tend to be less individually confident than westerners.
Last edited by gnosis on December 3rd, 2017, 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
zerowing1
Freshman Poster

Re: Why are whites creative/innovative but Asians can only repeat/memorize/copy?

Post by zerowing1 »

It's funny, I just read this piece of writing outlining the origins/history of the races on earth: https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-st ... aces-color

It's a bit cringy and probably the most racist thing I ever read, forthrightly referring to certain groups as "inferior", "backwards", "mongrels", "less progressive", "equally inferior", etc. I have no idea about how factual it is, but it's definitely interesting.

I'm Asian and I'm not very creative, risk-taking, or original. Asians seem to be more about power, money and status. They are also big on things like control, ownership, dominance and hierarchy. Most don't have principles and their mindset can be described as "might is right". There's a group mentality and mavericks are not encouraged. The intelligence is more like cunning, deviousness, and cleverness than creativity. I hate being part of such a culture. :( :shock:

On the positive side, a lot of Asians (who grew up in Asia) value loyalty and friendship. Asian-Americans and Westerners seem to be more individualistic.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I think, as a group, Asians tend to be least able in the area of emotional intelligence just as they are likely most able in terms of raw cognitive intelligence.

I'm certain that deeply rooted cultural patterns and practices are the chief reasons.

Creativity and novel thinking are unleashed when people can emotionally experience, express, and interpret for others. Asian peoples seemingly tend to suppress these impulses to some extent.

There are countless exceptions to this rule, Jack Ma being the most prominent and Winston Wu being among that subgroup as well. But if Asians manage to collectively bring their EQ up to par with their IQ, they would rule this world.

At present, they tend to do well in high brain power professions, but they only rarely rise to actually LEAD others in business, politics, the military, and academia in Western countries.

I'm convinced the cultural de-emphasis of EQ development is the reason. That might be changing as Asians become more and more westernized over time.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

When I do classes about "what do you think about X" then often all the students will think the same way (e.g. should Harry marry Meghan).

My Chinese students ALWAYS become alert when I talk about money. The IT students really loved learning about salaries for programming related jobs.

But generally in China most of the culture here has been imported. The three most popular plushies here are Kumamon (Japan), LINE (Japan) and Pink Panther (USA).
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

People who are truly genius in intellect or talent are not the type that you can tell them how to think or where to go. You can only run alongside or after them. True talent makes a fool of time and effort, but only a small percentage of them make enough effort to be in the right place to create a lasting legacy. Beethoven struggled hard to be at the right place (Vienna), with the right people (wealthy/powerful sponsors) and put himself in front of the right audience. Tsien Hsue-Shen (Qian Xuesen) was born in China in early 20th century and fought hard for scholarship to be sent to MIT and CalTech in the US, which enabled him to excel as a rocket scientist and became co-founder of JPL (Jet Propulsion Laboratory) and later father of China's space and nuclear program.

I recall a previous coworker, 1/2 Japanese & 1/2 Chinese guy who was a brilliant webdev. What takes others hours to figure out, he could do it in 15 mins. He reminded me of assembly programming wizards of 1980s like Philip Becker (TBBS). Problem was that he had a wandering mind of his own and you had to struggle to tell him what to do — if you fail to deliver what the customer wanted we don’t get paid. The director promoted him to manager in hope that he could teach others, but it became apparent that while you could teach skills, you couldn’t teach talent. He butted heads with senior management too many times and we ended up laying him off and sending him over to Amazon via referral, hoping that the environment was better for him there.

One stereotype difference between Asians and Whites in the USA is that Asian parents will tell their kids to seek "safe" professions, while Whites are more likely to tell their kids to pursue their dreams. In my high school district we have a special academic secondary school named Whitney (grades 7-12). You had to pass an exam to be admitted and the school is ranked #1 in California for academic performance. Needless to say the school is like >70% Asian nerds, many of which ended up in relatively high paying professions in top 20% income bracket. However the school is not known for producing exceptional alumni -- no Bill Gates/Jack Ma/Beethoven, because they choose "safe" career paths.

In contrast stereotype white parents are more likely to accept their children's dreams to pursue "less safe" career paths. Unfortunately this choice often has low success rate partly because few people have actual talent and determination. Of my friends from HS/College who pursued their dreams and passions in less safe careers -- acting, art, obscure (now obsolete) science field, etc, they failed to achieve their dreams and are now working as a PC field tech, dispatcher for sheriff's department, cashier, and restaurant waitress. In contrast the guy who went to technical college is now working as IT professional, the girl who went to business school is now working for NBC, etc.

Many people think that they are creative, innovative, determined, and will be successful. But reality is very different. Michael Dell overcame his parents strong objections to quit med school and start Dell Computers. It's easy to praise his success in ditching "safe" choice of becoming a doctor, and opting the "less safe" choice of becoming an entrepreneur. But it's not so easy to look at the hundreds and thousands of others who tried the same and failed. Quoting Ashita no Joe, if you choose this path you cannot live your life halfway. Even if your body were to burn and only ash remains, you can only fall forward. If you don’t have the determination, you’re likely to fail or only achieve mediocre successs.
Last edited by momopi on December 22nd, 2017, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

A video rant I made long ago about how Asians can't think outside the box or for themselves and how they lack imagination and creativity, using Bruce Lee as one example. lol

Description:

Have you noticed that Asians are usually unable to think outside the box, think for themselves, or formulate new ideas and theories? Why is that? Of course, I'm a rare exception. I'm one of the few Asians in this world who is able to formulate new ideas and theories. Hence I'm very rare and unique. And if you know me, you should appreciate that. :) That's why my close friends will tell you that my soul is more European than Asian.

A list of my unique accomplishments:
http://www.happierabroad.com/Winston-Wu ... hments.htm

Quotes from friends and fans who say I'm the most freethinking Asian they've ever met.
http://www.happierabroad.com/Quotes-Abo ... ton-Wu.htm
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some great comments to my YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/comments?filter=XgXBnDoznBw

Trinitrophenylnitramine 3 hours ago
Chinese & Japanese students I met in college here in CA would eat math & science like a candy bar but philosophy they would get a C. They are very good at "what" & "where" questions, but not so good at "how" & "why" questions. You can observe this by asking them how they got the answer. You will get word salads instead of a clear, explanation it's as if they are being programmed to respond in C++ computer language

Trinitrophenylnitramine 3 hours ago
This is your forte Winston. These types of videos where you delineate

Mr. Odessa 5 hours ago
Advocatus Diaboli wrote an article about why Asians are pushing anti-happiness and it’s because of their obsession with money, grades and fitting in with white societies. Ever read it?

Shaddy Raddy922 7 hours ago
Objectively, most people are tribalistic and conform to the group's standards. Individuals that....differ get ostracized and criticized from the group but at the end of the day, the individual may feel...relieved to not being a people pleaser. I'm interested in how the world operates but I roll alone like a fox.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

More great comments on my video.

https://www.youtube.com/comments?filter=XgXBnDoznBw

Shaddy Raddy922 22 hours ago
It seems like places that embrace creativity, freedom of expression, innovation, etc stuff that fosters mental and emotional growth are either France, Belgium, countries in Africa (Congo, Nigeria, Ethiopia, South Africa), etc. I may be off though.

Ts K 1 day ago
Of course Asians are practical and they don't like to talk about abstract ideas and topics like democracy, freedom, etc..
To them, it's a waste of time and useless.

Even Jackie Chan himself said something that it's not good for Chinese people to have too much freedom.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... olled.html

Asian cultures are the most collective society out of all other cultures so it's natural for Asians to have hive like mentality and always put the groups' interest before their own self interest.

America on the other hand is TOO individualistic though too far end of the opposite (always about ME ME ME culture). But ironically Americans also do not like to step out of their comfort zone like Asians do. Very anti social cultures (American and Eastern Asian).

On the other hand, most European cultures are more social and there is always something interesting going on the streets and allow different people to gather together.

There needs to be balance like European and even some South American culture mentality. Where it's not always about work work work money money money but more about art, appreciation of life, variety of life experience and enjoyment and fulfillment of life.

My reply:

HappierAbroad 1 day ago
Jackie Chan has to say that, it was political. He was kissing China's ass. It doesn't mean he really thinks that. He needs the support of China for his career. Asians don't care about concepts because all they care about is getting a stable job or business with a stable income. Nothing else really matters, not even happiness or truth.

Trinitrophenylnitramine 1 day ago (edited)
Winston, Bruce Lee was a genius. He knew that the majority of people are sheep & he had to write something that will appeal to them so his movie will sell. He is introverted & exuded extroversion bec he knew that the vast majority of people are conformist extroverts. Here is a quote he said, "..But to express myself honestly, not lying to myself.. THAT MY FRIEND IS VERY HARD TO DO!" This is bec in reality, he was a very private, intense, & thoughtful individual. A man with a soul. I have written a very researched & detailed paper about him for English class in high school & the real Bruce Lee wasn't the Bruce Lee you see in movies. There's not that many of us who have souls. The majority of people walking on earth today are organic portals (people with no souls) just obeying what authority/architects tell them to do.

My reply:

HappierAbroad 1 day ago
Yeah Bruce Lee was truly unique and started his own martial art style. But I don't know if he was a good person or not though. In his movies, he always has to kill his enemy at the end. A movie preaching goodness and love usually has the protagonist sparing the life of the antagonist to teach him mercy and forgiveness. Plus in real life, success really got to Bruce Lee's ego and in the last few months of his life, he was no longer the same person and got really paranoid about everything. A spiritual person doesn't lust after fame the way he did. So I'm skeptical about his goodness or spirituality. But he was a threat to the establishment and Chinese mafia it seems. And his unusual sudden death makes no sense. What do you think happened to him?

Btw, Bruce Lee also got into a lot of street fights and brawls. That's not the behavior of a spiritual evolved person. Also i the clip above, he compared the beauty of Rome to slums in Hong Kong. A genius or soulful person would not do that.

Mr. Odessa 1 day ago
https://dissention.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... appiness/

Trinitrophenylnitramine 2 days ago
Conformity = Dependence, Non-conformity = Independence

My reply:

HappierAbroad 1 day ago
The US wants you to be financially dependent on the system and on your job and the corporation that you serve, but it wants you to be emotionally independent and not need friends or lovers. I'm the opposite, I prefer to be emotionally dependent on others but financially independent from the system. So up yours America. lol

TheLight954
Freshman Poster

Post by TheLight954 »

Also, Asian parents see freethinking as bad and thus keep freethinking children in line with the other Asians who can only memorize and think everything in an one-dimensional score spectrum.

I think that most people are born creative, but it gets crushed by the one-dimensional school system.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

MEANWHILE IN ASIA
CONFORMITY IS KING!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Didn't the Mao revolution have a lot to do with this ? Our rulers who set this up out of the CITI want drones do they not ?

I mean China was conquered by the elite in the 1800's, was this just not part of their plan ?
Time to Hide!
Rebel
Freshman Poster

Post by Rebel »

China itself was the most advanced civilisation for thousands of years. Europe for the majority of its history was a backwater. Cut the silk road and Europe would have remained a backwater. For the last few hundred years there was too much going westward and not enough going eastward, especially since it was Asians invading the west prior to the industrial revolution. And speaking of that, you think whites as a whole triggered it? It was key individuals and then everyone in Europe just copied their ideas.

So I wonder why you think Asians are copycats and Whites aren't. Japan right now is the Asian leader in innovations in the modern age. China was and could be again, but free thought is impaired by both 1) No need to reinvent the wheel and 2) Communism.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why are whites creative/innovative/thinking but Asians can only repeat/memorize/copy?

Post by Winston »

Some things I noticed on my last trip to China:

If you wanna see how stupid Asians are, go to China and ask for laundry detergent by describing it in Chinese, which I've done, like this: "Do you have that soapy thing you put into water to wash clothes?" In China, every shop owner and hotel staff cannot deduce that I am referring to laundry detergent. No joke! Seriously! Unbelievable! Even a child can deduce this, yet many mainland Chinese cannot! They gotta be dumber than bricks. Even in the Philippines, when I say it that way, the store staff know what I'm referring to! Yet Chinese cannot understand laundry detergent unless you use the exact word for it! They cannot make simple deductions. This is DUMBER than you can possibly imagine! No joke. If you don't believe me, go try it.

Also, in most of Asia, Asians cannot give you step by step directions because they cannot think conceptually. Their minds are animalistic and they can only point to one general direction. They may be good memorization machines, but that's it. They cannot think. So Asians are not as smart as Americans think, they only see the top Asians in America, but those Asians do not represent the mainstream in Asia.

Also, Asians cannot understand how non-white people can be from America. If I say I'm from America, they look confused and bewildered, like their android computer circuits have caught a logical contradiction. They cannot simply deduce that I must be Asian American, or that non-white people can be from America. But Europeans can usually figure that out easily.

Chinese also think that all fiction movies are equal and the same. Fiction is fiction and has no value or meaning. My parents think this too and cannot tell the difference between one fiction or fantasy film from another. But this is not true. There is quality fiction done well and bad fiction too. Fiction is an art form as well. And as any deep person, intellectual, artist or philosopher knows, there is deep meaning in fiction as well as truth. In "V For Vendetta", Natalie Portman said, "My father said that politicians use lies to cover up the truth. But artists use lies to tell the truth." A lot is revealed in fiction that cannot be revealed literally or directly. There is metaphor, motif and symbolism too, as well as encoded messages for the initiated. And there are cryptic clues as well. There have also been many great fiction classics throughout history that have great meaning. And many great films in the sci fi/fantasy genre as well. So Chinese are definitely wrong to believe that all fiction is meaningless and equal and the same. That's just the mark of a very small and primitive mind. Stuff like this makes me ashamed of my race.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Moretorque wrote:
January 23rd, 2018, 2:37 pm
Didn't the Mao revolution have a lot to do with this ? Our rulers who set this up out of the CITI want drones do they not ?

I mean China was conquered by the elite in the 1800's, was this just not part of their plan ?
Rebel wrote:
February 11th, 2018, 3:03 am
China itself was the most advanced civilisation for thousands of years. Europe for the majority of its history was a backwater. Cut the silk road and Europe would have remained a backwater. For the last few hundred years there was too much going westward and not enough going eastward, especially since it was Asians invading the west prior to the industrial revolution. And speaking of that, you think whites as a whole triggered it? It was key individuals and then everyone in Europe just copied their ideas.

So I wonder why you think Asians are copycats and Whites aren't. Japan right now is the Asian leader in innovations in the modern age. China was and could be again, but free thought is impaired by both 1) No need to reinvent the wheel and 2) Communism.
You're assuming China is all of Asia. We aren't just talking about China though. We are talking about Asia in general. Taiwan, Singapore, South Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia, etc. are not communist, yet they are not freethinking either. There are no hippies or freethinkers or counter-culture communities and no Alex Joneses or David Ickes in those countries either.

Taiwan considers itself to be a democracy, yet there's no freethinkers at all there. You'd have an easier time finding a needle in a haystack than finding a freethinker in Taiwan (beside me of course). The concept doesn't exist. And speaking out is taboo there. One is expected to be very timid, weak, soft spoken, humble, polite, politically correct, simple-minded and non-opinionated there, despite it being an alleged "democracy".

Also, even Asian Americans tend not to be freethinking. None of my Asian cousins who grew up in America are freethinkers either and cannot hold an intelligent conversations and find me intimidating too.

How come no truther or conspiracy documentary in America has any Asians speaking out in them against government conspiracies and lies? Other TV shows and movies in the US have Asians in them nowadays. But none of the conspiracy films and documentaries feature Asians in them speaking out against the establishment. Why? Not even Asian Americans who grew up in America.

Obviously because Asians are not freethinkers by nature, even in America. And also because Asians believe their career is the most important thing and would never risk their career or job to expose the truth or speak out against injustice or challenge the government/media version of events, such as 9/11 or JFK or the war on terror or the vaccines scam, etc.

Risking one's life or career to expose the truth or government conspiracy is something white people do. Asians and Asian Americans don't do it. It's not in their nature to do that or to take such risks as opposing the establishment. This is obvious. Name one conspiracy documentary out of the thousands out there, where an Asian is speaking out and exposing government conspiracies. None of the 9/11 Truth documentaries for example, contain Asians or Asian Americans speaking out and exposing the impossibility of the official story. That proves my point.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why are whites creative/innovative/thinking but Asians can only repeat/memorize/copy?

Post by Winston »

Here is a long post by @Bao3niang that may be relevant to this thread topic.

viewtopic.php?p=312720#p312720
I once read an interesting article written by a Chinese scholar who argues that the Chinese character has been negatively influenced to a large degree by thousands of years of imperial rule under dynasties whose territory possess geographic continuity not rivaled by many other empires. It's sad to admit that I partially agree with his views. I hate to be overly critical of China because China's my homeland after all and I want to see it do well (not in the conventional, capitalistic, global power sense), but modern China is facing a number of growing issues putting it on the same track as the West and the developed Asian nations. These issues include inequality, feminism, materialism, and environmental issues plaguing the big cities, especially Beijing and Shanghai but my hometown Chongqing is almost as bad until you leave the city center. I'm sure with a deep commitment towards learning the language and the culture you are still able to find a smaller, much more relaxed city to settle in, and China still has the largest number of wife quality women in the region. It would really bring me pain to see China go down a path of 'superpowerdom', because I wish to see a much more idyllic homeland, and it doesn't help that I'm an anarchist who's opposed to the existence of states and ruling elites.

The scholar believes that before the dynastic / feudal era, and even during certain dynastic periods such as the Tang, ancient Chinese had a different character compared to the Chinese people in later periods of history. During the Spring and Autumn / Warring States Period, Confucianism had yet to become the governing ideology of choice. Different schools of philosophy debated and competed with each other. Scholars at the time weren't preoccupied with gaining political influence at all costs. If a ruler agreed with their ideas, they'd stay. If they didn't like a ruler, they'd go elsewhere or retire from politics altogether. Even Confucius himself eventually chose a life of teaching over service as an official. There was also a stronger martial spirit with knightly ideals known as 'xia', which included values such as altruism, chivalry, and honor. The 'xia' was the Chinese version of a knight. If two men were in conflict with each other, they'd duel it out, literally, rather than resorting to games and passive-aggressiveness. Nowadays we only see the 'xia' in fiction. While I do not necessarily agree with putting matters to rest by the sword, the thing to take from here is a spirit of courage, loyalty, and desire to help those in need.

Confucianism in its politicized form became a weapon of mass control and brainwashing. Once the feudal system began recruiting scholars on a mass scale in its service, the goal became passing the 'keju' examinations, using learning and knowledge of repetitive and dogmatic texts for the ulterior motive of life as a government official, with promises of wealth and prestige. Scholarly pursuits began losing their intrinsic merit and beauty, everything became tied to worldly success. Even during dynastic periods, there were ones that had a remarkable amount of openness, with the most well-known being the Tang. The Tang marked the height of China as a world empire, and it was remarkable for its openness and tolerance in its society. Many foreigners even became prominent ministers and generals in the court. For example, the general who led the defeated Tang forces at the Battle of Talas, where the much smaller Tang force was devastated by an Arab force of the Abbasid Caliphate, the general in command was Go Seonjo / Gao Xianzhi, an ethnic Gorguyeo Korean. A well-known official who administrated Tang territory in northern Viet Nam was a Japanese who had first entered China as part of a group of students sent to study Chinese culture and technology. The Tang court also harbored a former Persian prince who became a Tang general. Many of the most well-known poets in China, such as Li Bai and Du Fu, were from the Tang. Tang poetry is known for its very straightforward, imagery-heavy style. Even some of the Tang emperors, who all had nomad blood, had prolific and somewhat eccentric personalities that one usually wouldn't associate with an emperor. Tang Xuanzong, most well-known for his love affair with Consort Yang (whom, by the way, was essentially taken from his son), loved drumming so much that he broke thousands of sticks just to practice drumming. He was also an avid singer, poet, and musician who enjoyed playing instruments such as the pipa / Chinese guitar. Women during the Tang were not subjected to numerous restrictions, they had more freedom in their mingling with men, and were free to choose who they wanted to marry. Now note that this was different from modern feminism, women had nearly equal status as men, but they weren't feminist. The rights given to women during the Tang allowed Wu Zetian to ascend to the throne, and Wu Zetian had a number of female officials in her court, with a notable one being Shangguan Wan'er, who was married just like any other woman.

The scholar believes that the Ming and Qing dynasties were the nails in the coffin for an indigenous spirit of philosophical freedom in China. According to him, many of the modern day sayings associated with craftiness at worst, and passive-aggressiveness / lying for the sake of face at 'best', originated during the Ming. To him, this stood in stark contrast to the directness and openness of many earlier eras. During the Ming, there was particularly dogmatic scholar named Zhu Xi who further weaponized Confucianism for use in controlling the masses. By the Qing, the scholar believes the people were beyond saving. I actually find the early Republican period to be sort of interesting, as it was a time where East and West, old and new met and mingled with each other, but after that there was growing greed and hunger for power of the Republican government, the Japanese invasion, Civil War, and the very complicated legacy of Mao Zedong.

In order for China to attain its true potential, it must begin a return to these philosophical roots. Politicized Confucianism, modern capitalism, both have to go. Confucianism in and of itself, which emphasizes values such as Harmony, can be a beautiful thing when practiced properly and without usage in the hands of a ruling elite. Then there is the much more free spirited Daoism. Buddhism also has a long history in China, and I think Buddhism, without the non-authentic elements such as praying to statues and money boxes at temples, has good parts to it in its authentic form. Though personally I still consider myself a Christian, there are many elements of traditional Chinese thinking that can be very beneficial when applied well, and I can appreciate them. For China to become enlightened, there must be a fundamental change of heart / soul.