Race and IQ correlation - Racial differences in intelligence

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Re: Africa has lowest IQ's in the world according to this

Post by ILoveBlackAmericanWomen »

Winston wrote:According to this, Africa has the lowest IQ's in the world, and the Philippines has an average IQ of 86. Why is Africa so low I wonder?

http://knol.google.com/k/iq-by-country#
People are silly. IQ's can change. A person with a low IQ can learn and their IQ can be very high. It's not rocket science. What you look like has nothing to do with your iq.

Africans are very well educated the ones who migrate to America. They are about business. I see them taking their kids in the library and making them study they are focused people. But Asians get all the glory for it.

To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

ILoveBlackAmericanWomen wrote:
Winston wrote:According to this, Africa has the lowest IQ's in the world, and the Philippines has an average IQ of 86. Why is Africa so low I wonder?

People are silly. IQ's can change. A person with a low IQ can learn and their IQ can be very high. It's not rocket science. What you look like has nothing to do with your iq.

Africans are very well educated the ones who migrate to America. They are about business. I see them taking their kids in the library and making them study they are focused people. But Asians get all the glory for it.

Measured IQs change very little if at all over a person's life. It's highly unlikely u will ever jump even half a standard deviation, no matter how many hours and years you cram away. If u measure 86 as a teenager, u will always struggle with intellectual and academic tasks unless u r some kind of a savant with a special niche of ability. Even then, u will always be slow at things outside of your speck of brilliance.

Likewise, if u score 140 as a teenager, many things regular people find impossible to comprehend r going to seem simple for u.

Hard work work is just icing on the cake. If u r born very stupid or very brilliant, that's the way u will be yr. whole life.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

ILoveBlackAmericanWomen wrote:Africans are very well educated the ones who migrate to America. They are about business. I see them taking their kids in the library and making them study they are focused people. But Asians get all the glory for it.
This is not untrue. Unfortunately I think that's a minority though. For example, one of my Chinese cousins is a scientist and she's obviously pretty bright. He three younger brothers are probably very smart too, but they act all ghetto and get into trouble all the time. I went to a premier high school, entrance exam and that, and the best and worst students were both black. One was a guy who graduated junior year to go to MIT. He grew up in a rich town and they called him an oreo. The other was this girl who always spoke in ghetto slang and stole from people. The school let in the top couple of performers on the entrance exam from each district. She probably came from a district where even the smartest were relatively dumb and had bad habits. When I was in college I made friends with this girl who was dark as can be because she was the smartest in the class and everyone else I couldn't have a conversation with. Culture certainly plays a role.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Rock wrote:

Measured IQs change very little if at all over a person's life. It's highly unlikely u will ever jump even half a standard deviation, no matter how many hours and years you cram away. If u measure 86 as a teenager, u will always struggle with intellectual and academic tasks unless u r some kind of a savant with a special niche of ability. Even then, u will always be slow at things outside of your speck of brilliance.

Likewise, if u score 140 as a teenager, many things regular people find impossible to comprehend r going to seem simple for u.

Hard work work is just icing on the cake. If u r born very stupid or very brilliant, that's the way u will be yr. whole life.
This is where I have an existential crisis though. I don't know what my IQ is, but I'm half Jew and Half Chinese, so I'm sure it's up there. It's lonely at the top. If I want to pass on my genes it'd be hard to find a suitable mate with high enough IQ. I mean, I've met a few going to my specialized high school. I could always go to Israel or China or something. Yet IQ isn't everything. What does IQ matter if you're in no position to use it? How smart was Adam Lanza? So sometimes I have to remind myself that breeding an heir for high IQ perhaps isn't the best goal. What good would it be to have a super smart son after he kills himself?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

abcdavid01 wrote:
Rock wrote:

This is where I have an existential crisis though. I don't know what my IQ is, but I'm half Jew and Half Chinese, so I'm sure it's up there. It's lonely at the top. If I want to pass on my genes it'd be hard to find a suitable mate with high enough IQ. I mean, I've met a few going to my specialized high school. I could always go to Israel or China or something. Yet IQ isn't everything. What does IQ matter if you're in no position to use it? How smart was Adam Lanza? So sometimes I have to remind myself that breeding an heir for high IQ perhaps isn't the best goal. What good would it be to have a super smart son after he kills himself?
The average Jewish American scores higher than an average Israeli and the average Chinese American scores higher than an average PRC Chinese. So stay put and search in yr. own backyard. And embrace yr. Jewish side. Jews are a lot smarter than Chinese on average. So find a JAP, marry and bear children w/her and see how happy u r, lol.
WiseTruth
Freshman Poster

Post by WiseTruth »

abcdavid01 wrote:I went to a premier high school, entrance exam and that, and the best and worst students were both black. One was a guy who graduated junior year to go to MIT. He grew up in a rich town and they called him an oreo.
He may be smart, and maybe he did qualify for MIT, but you would have to see his SAT scores, or other standardized test scores, to know for sure whether he truly qualified or not. Many of the top schools lower their admission standards for blacks (including Harvard Law School, where the Obamas attended), which probably accounts for the large numbers of blacks in these schools. You can thank affirmative action for this. If blacks support this policy, then they really can't complain when their achievements are looked upon with suspicion or contempt.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

abcdavid01 wrote:
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen wrote:Africans are very well educated the ones who migrate to America. They are about business. I see them taking their kids in the library and making them study they are focused people. But Asians get all the glory for it.
This is not untrue. Unfortunately I think that's a minority though. For example, one of my Chinese cousins is a scientist and she's obviously pretty bright. He three younger brothers are probably very smart too, but they act all ghetto and get into trouble all the time. I went to a premier high school, entrance exam and that, and the best and worst students were both black. One was a guy who graduated junior year to go to MIT. He grew up in a rich town and they called him an oreo. The other was this girl who always spoke in ghetto slang and stole from people. The school let in the top couple of performers on the entrance exam from each district. She probably came from a district where even the smartest were relatively dumb and had bad habits. When I was in college I made friends with this girl who was dark as can be because she was the smartest in the class and everyone else I couldn't have a conversation with. Culture certainly plays a role.
In ghetto culture, the brightest people are probably the ones who often make it to the top of gang and criminal networks. Leadership ability is correlated with intelligence. It would be very hard to effectively run any kind of organization without helicopter vision and a strong understanding of people in your environment and how to control them.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

WiseTruth wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:I went to a premier high school, entrance exam and that, and the best and worst students were both black. One was a guy who graduated junior year to go to MIT. He grew up in a rich town and they called him an oreo.
He may be smart, and maybe he did qualify for MIT, but you would have to see his SAT scores, or other standardized test scores, to know for sure whether he truly qualified or not. Many of the top schools lower their admission standards for blacks (including Harvard Law School, where the Obamas attended), which probably accounts for the large numbers of blacks in these schools. You can thank affirmative action for this. If blacks support this policy, then they really can't complain when their achievements are looked upon with suspicion or contempt.
That's true. Yet I believe blacks are still under-represented at Harvard relative to their portion of the US population.

However, the most under-represented segment there are non-Jewish whites. As a group, they are not as intelligent as E. Asians and Jews and they get no benefit from affirmative action.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Actually I don't know how great SAT scores are either. When I took the PSAT a few times in preparation I got into the 98th-99th percentile. Then when I took the actual SAT I only got average. Pretty sure that's because I bombed the writing section though and no one takes that seriously. I'm a great writer anyway, just not PC enough for the testers.

The prompt was debating if the school gym teacher should be allowed to have hidden cameras in the boy's locker room to watch if they're not smoking pot. I refused to take it seriously and basically wrote, "No, f**k you, f***ing perverts."

Dropped my score a lot. So yeah, the SAT's gone to shit. They only introduced writing in the last decade.
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Post by ILoveBlackAmericanWomen »

Rock wrote:

No one is born brilliant or stupid. Everyone is born unknowing of things until we are taught things. I'm saying any person who has trouble understanding math etc is capable of understanding what used to be difficult for them and raising their IQ. IQ's levels are not permanent. Anyone is capable of comprehending what they did not know at first and raising their IQ.
To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.
WiseTruth
Freshman Poster

Post by WiseTruth »

Rock wrote:
WiseTruth wrote:
That's true. Yet I believe blacks are still under-represented at Harvard relative to their portion of the US population.
And if that fact is the result of under-performance, then so be it. No top school (or business) should ever lower their performance standards just to let in more blacks. If blacks want to boost their presence in these top schools, then they should pull their weight like everyone else, and stop demanding that whites give them breaks and handouts.
However, the most under-represented segment there are non-Jewish whites. As a group, they are not as intelligent as E. Asians and Jews and they get no benefit from affirmative action.
And they shouldn't either. The solution is to end affirmative action, admit students based on performance, and then let the chips fall where they may. My bet is that white admissions would rise sharply.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

No one is born brilliant or stupid. Everyone is born unknowing of things until we are taught things. I'm saying any person who has trouble understanding math etc is capable of understanding what used to be difficult for them and raising their IQ. IQ's levels are not permanent. Anyone is capable of comprehending what they did not know at first and raising their IQ.
On what planet does it work that way? IQ is a measure of your capacity to learn. Studying math won't change your IQ materially. And you can be sure that a 7, 11, or 18 year old with a measured IQ of 150 will learn any maths that he is taught a lot faster and more effectively than a same aged one with an IQ score of just 90. Same goes for about anything else he is exposed to or taught.

Try teaching calculus to fresh HS grad with an IQ of 90 and see how much fun that is. Then try it with one who has a 150 IQ and watch him absorb all the concepts in days to weeks and end up mastering areas of it you can't comprehend yourself.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Rock wrote:The average Jewish American scores higher than an average Israeli and the average Chinese American scores higher than an average PRC Chinese. So stay put and search in yr. own backyard. And embrace yr. Jewish side. Jews are a lot smarter than Chinese on average. So find a JAP, marry and bear children w/her and see how happy u r, lol.
That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid though. It's what my dad did. It made me smart, but she was a lousy wife and mother. I don't want to marry some American, liberal feminist just because she's smart. Besides, I think my mother's only smart by female standards. Yes, that was a sexist statement. She can't hold up intellectually against the best men (and I do think there is a minority women who can). Anyway, I'm on happier abroad because educated women here suck. Would I be willing to sacrifice intelligence on finding a woman? Maybe. But my ideal is a women who's smart and not a Feminazi.
Rock wrote:
On what planet does it work that way? IQ is a measure of your capacity to learn. Studying math won't change your IQ materially. And you can be sure that a 7, 11, or 18 year old with a measured IQ of 150 will learn any maths that he is taught a lot faster and more effectively than a same aged one with an IQ score of just 90. Same goes for about anything else he is exposed to or taught.

Try teaching calculus to fresh HS grad with an IQ of 90 and see how much fun that is. Then try it with one who has a 150 IQ and watch him absorb all the concepts in days to weeks and end up mastering areas of it you can't comprehend yourself.
Ugh, yeah, I know what that's like as a student. There were always two kinds of good teachers (I went to public schools). The first were the legitimately smart ones like my Spanish teacher who could speak ten languages and those were the types that could actually teach you things. They usually got fired after a year. The other type of good teachers were the ones who didn't have a pretense of knowledge. They realized they weren't that much smarter than their students and couldn't actually teach us much (might not be the case in real low income districts, but I live in the suburbs). Those teachers just made life easier for us and gave us busy work and even had fun with us. The worst teachers were the ones who had the pretense of knowledge. Unlike the first group of teachers that actually were intelligent, they didn't know all that much, but still went out of their way to make students' lives harder by trying to teach them things. Unfortunately most teachers fell into this third category.

This is why I advocate home schooling. You're usually at least taught by someone on your level that way.
WiseTruth
Freshman Poster

Post by WiseTruth »

abcdavid01 wrote:Actually I don't know how great SAT scores are either. When I took the PSAT a few times in preparation I got into the 98th-99th percentile. Then when I took the actual SAT I only got average. Pretty sure that's because I bombed the writing section though and no one takes that seriously. I'm a great writer anyway, just not PC enough for the testers.

The prompt was debating if the school gym teacher should be allowed to have hidden cameras in the boy's locker room to watch if they're not smoking pot. I refused to take it seriously and basically wrote, "No, f**k you, f***ing perverts."
Well, I wouldn't be suprised that standardized tests have changed in the last few years, thanks to a declining society steeped in liberal political correctness. It's been a while since I've taken them, but I imagine that years of liberalism have eroded the rigor and quality of these tests. Too much frivolous criticism about "cultural bias," for example, or test score disparity by income. These criticisms are just more liberal political correctness designed to lower the quality of these tests, artifically boosting black test scores.

But you are changing the subject, and going off topic. The point is, current degradation of tests notwithstanding, the best schools need something objective and standardized by which to measure one's performance, weed out the underachievers, while admitting the truly bright talents. Allowing blacks who score low into the top schools undermines the whole point of admission standards.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Oh of course. I'm absolutely against affirmative action, hate crime legislation, all that.