Why Does Society Look Down On Unemployed Men So Much?

Discuss Anti-Feminism, Men's Rights, and Misandry (hatred of men in America).
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

NorthAmericanguy wrote: What's funny Momopi, if you head East from Fullerton all the way out to Ontario all that area use to be farmland for cows and such.
You can still see some of the cows if you jump on the 57 in between Brea and Diamond Bar. And as a matter of fact, by my old bank they still have the old windmill from the early 1900's when the Diamond Bar area use to be a ranch depicted in your picture above.
As late as 1989, when I drove my parents to Irvine to look at houses, my parents were eyeing brand new 3 bedroom SFR for $140,000 and commenting: "ya new house is nice but why live in middle of a farm?"...

The sales staff back then were willing to give us discounts and kept calling us to see if we'd go back. 10 years later, in 1998, you couldn't buy a new home without putting deposit down ahead, and prices rose every month with people waiting in line to buy.

My buddy scored a 3 bed townhome for $250k in 1998, only because he was willing to camp overnight in line.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Post by ILoveBlackAmericanWomen »

Men who are unemployed and not looking for employment is like a woman who can't cook, clean or raise children. What's his value? Men are the providers..the breadwinners. A working woman is great and all but when a couple marries the woman carries the children the woman nurses the baby biologically she should stay home with the children. It is important men work.
To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Re: Why Does Society Look Down On Unemployed Men So Much?

Post by MattHanson1990 »

It's ironic how society looks down on unemployed men, and at the same time it's now already becoming taboo for men to seek ANY work in the Matrix; more and more men are striking out in the job search while women are having no problems getting hired.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Taco wrote:When I first met my Filipina wife I was unemployed and she didn't care.

Why Does Society Look Down On Unemployed Men So Much?
http://investmentwatchblog.com/why-does ... n-so-much/
I would say if there is anyplace in the world that the average woman doesn't care if you have a job, it would have to be the Philippines. Many Filipio men don't have jobs. Many leech off their working wives. Also Philippines collects it's share of Western losers and drunks that just move there for the cheap beer. To all you guys that live in Phil are there a group of drunk foreigners that live in your town? There was where I lived.

I haven't read the article yet but will comment again after I do. I'd say the reason women look down on unemployed men is because they look down on men in general now in America! To them males over 35 are superfluous :!:
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re:

Post by Yohan »

DevilsAdvocate wrote: The USA is still the best country in the world hands down.....
While USA is surely not the worst place to live in this world, it is not the best country either. To claim USA is the best country in this world is a huge exaggeration.

USA has serious problems, check out its prison population, its racial related riots, problems related medical bills, the huge number of people living of welfare, jobless rate and questionable labor laws with little protection for employees, poor public transport system especially trains, there is also a communication problem existing among people who have difficulties to socialize, a ridiculous legal system which is the most costly of this world... Rich is one thing, but indebted is the other side of the story.

Economic problems continues and I was astonished to read that huge parts of a new SF-bridge are imported from China... USA is also known to be disliked for its policy to export wars to far away countries and forcing other nations to accept its moral standards as 'universal laws'.

I agree, citizens of many underdeveloped countries are worse off than US-citizens - but USA is not the best country of this world.
romparoo
Freshman Poster

Post by romparoo »

Of all persons I know, everyone has a job after he or she tries hard enough. It can take a bit longer than expected due to the shitty economy, but no one I know had been jobless for more than 2 years. The job might not be fancy or has the most desirable pay rate, but it is something. Why would any woman wants a man who have been perpetually jobless? It speaks of complete lack of responsibility. Plus a job is to support oneself and build one's future. If a man cannot do that for his own good, then he has no reason to get a girl so to speak. Also, there are always grunt jobs in any countries, where you can just call or walk in and ask, then you start work tomorrow or next week. It's not great, but it open other possibilities.

People need to stop reading too much into statistics and just continue trying. Don't forget, one can change the statistic or be an outlier.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

romparoo wrote:Of all persons I know, everyone has a job after he or she tries hard enough. It can take a bit longer than expected due to the shitty economy, but no one I know had been jobless for more than 2 years. The job might not be fancy or has the most desirable pay rate, but it is something
To look around for up to 2 years to get a simple job? This sounds really to be a shitty economy. Like living in an African state. And what to do during these 2 years? Living of welfare or what? Understandable, some people prefer a carrier as a criminal. Better in jail than homeless...
fdiv
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by fdiv »

DevilsAdvocate wrote:
September 29th, 2012, 4:33 pm
DevilsAdvocate wrote:I went over to Russia to get a girl, never again, Russians and Americans are from different planets from each other.

Over in Philippines, same thing, different planets. In the Philippines if you don't own a fighting cock you're a loser of a person.

Another words, it's a whole other world....

When my Russian wife came over to San Diego to be with me, I taught her how to drive a car. And while I was teaching her she asked me "what are those red lights", I said "what red lights"? She said, "those red lights on the freeway in front of us", I said what red lights are you talking about????? She pointed and said "those red lights", as they flashed on when cars hit their brakes.

I looked at her is disbelief, could it really be possible she doesn't know what those red lights are? Is that possible?

She didn't know....

So while teaching her to drive in the parking lot I said go to the right, she said, "how"? I said "steer to the right", she said "how"? I said "turn the wheel to the right", she once again said "how"?

I said WTF???????????????

WTF???????????

WTF?????????????

"You don't know how to turn the wheel to the right"?

She said "no"....

This is only a very small example of what you're in for when you think about being with a foreign girl, you cannot begin to imagine how bad it truly is....

I bought her a brand new red sports car, she had it for about two weeks before she tried to take a freeway on ramp which made a 320 degree turn onto the freeway with a speed limit of 25 at the estimated speed by the highway patrol of about 80 mph....

She flipped the vehicle about 4 times....

She walked away without a scratch.....

The good news is after that I bought her another red sports car much more expensive and she didn't crash that one....

So they learn very quickly....

But these people from other countries like Russia and Philippines simply don't have the same kind of values that you would think they have, life is different to them and for them on a level that I don't think any of us could understand.

Life is far more cut throat to them.....

And they think nothing of cutting throat....

It's like survival to them.

While here in the USA it's just not like that for most people, the USA truly is the last best country in the world, the Empire of the World, a beacon of freedom and prosperity and hard work and values and morals and God....

Yes they have taken a great deal away from us and they have turned the women against us, but guess what, they are still women, and we are still men, go get yourself one and be her man....
Dude you need to refine your technique a little bit.

If you're gonna troll, and be GOOD at it, you at least have to have some subtlety about it.......
:mrgreen:
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
options abroad: limitless 8)
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I haven't had a job in over 6 years now and I'm proud of it. People think because of that and because I buy and sell thrift store items online I'm poor. The opposite is true. I don't have a job because I own a condo and don't pay rent or mortgage. I have a lot of money saved and invested. I'm very thrifty and spend little money. I'm a minimalist and hate clutter so I own few items. I live like other smart rich people. I live in the same place I first bought 18 years ago, and don't give off the impression of being wealthy. I give off the impression of being thrifty and most people think that's because I'm poor.

I'm also proud that I failed high school math, dropped out of university after a year so have no worthless degree, yet always had a job for 20 years, paid off my mortgage in 8 years and retired at 40.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Will N. Dowd wrote:
September 11th, 2018, 9:28 am
I haven't had a job in over 6 years now and I'm proud of it. People think because of that and because I buy and sell thrift store items online I'm poor. The opposite is true. I don't have a job because I own a condo and don't pay rent or mortgage. I have a lot of money saved and invested. I'm very thrifty and spend little money. I'm a minimalist and hate clutter so I own few items. I live like other smart rich people. I live in the same place I first bought 18 years ago, and don't give off the impression of being wealthy. I give off the impression of being thrifty and most people think that's because I'm poor.

I'm also proud that I failed high school math, dropped out of university after a year so have no worthless degree, yet always had a job for 20 years, paid off my mortgage in 8 years and retired at 40.
This guy gets it.

I could have retired in a few years if I had not gone to medical school. Had a two year degree that could net me six figures easy. Unfortunately I'm a dumbass idealist so I'm stuck on the threadmill a few more years
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

I stopped caring what people thought of me, my class, my person, my position in life, the way I look, long ago.

However, I do remember people always bashing men who lived in "their mother's basement." That's something I never understood, considering the price of real estate, and probably most of the men I knew still lived with their parents. In fairness, it was mostly online that I encountered this mentality. Then later on there were some stats published, which I read on ZeroHedge, which stated that somewhere around 35% of young adults live with their parents still. It must be common considering that the economy was so poor for so many of the previous years before Trump.

As for the remainder who don't live with their parents, I suppose a significant portion of them are simply renting rooms instead of their own apartments, from strangers; while others are living with roommates, either strangers or "friends." I don't know how that's any better than living with parents and staying in the basement or attic.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I can't find the article, but I haven't noticed society looking down on unemployed men so much. I'm not in the dating market though. I'd imagine some single girls do. And I am not as sensitive to what people think of me as some people are.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Talk about being unemployed and it is supposed to get much worse, they started sending our jobs overseas and then brought in the 1965 immigration act along with the 1986 amnesty bill.

We are basically screwed and this was done on purpose to destroy America...
Time to Hide!