Why Does Society Look Down On Unemployed Men So Much?

Discuss Anti-Feminism, Men's Rights, and Misandry (hatred of men in America).
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

When I first met my Filipina wife I was unemployed and she didn't care.

http://investmentwatchblog.com/why-does ... n-so-much/

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Nice article, absolutely spot on. It's a double-whammy tragedy. Firstly because it's a sad fact that never again, in the next couple of decades at the very least, US will have an abundance of good jobs, those which usually make men beat their chest with pride. Secondly, because US society is one hopelessly skewed on the value of appearance, which requires money. And unless you live off your daddy's money or a fat lottery win, it takes a good job to have enough money to afford the kind of lifestyle that will wow your neighbour and "define" you and your family as American social players.

This is all horribly wrong. The only saving grace I can hope for is that widespread un- and underemployment will put the final nail in the coffin of men with overinflated egos and overdraft accounts. Perhaps you guys will start being more humane to each other, learn the values of solidarity and real love. This, or you guys are truly doomed to social catastrophe in a few years.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Great article Taco! Yes, most women are gold-diggers and only care about money and status in a man. I've been unemployed for a couple of years now, still struggling to find a job in this terrible economy. You will see more and more unemployed men as the country heads towards a fiscal disaster in the near future! What will happen then, between the relationship between men and women as more and more men are unable to take care of their family (through no fault of their own)! You will see most of the married women dumping their husbands and becoming prostitutes and gold-diggers to attract the elite of society.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

If it is any consolation to unemployed men, they are not alone in their lack of status, as most other men now don't have any status either. Part of the problem is that females are now almost inevitably handed more money by the system than most of their male peer group for essentially nothing, and females and manginas only care about outcomes, not what you are doing to earn them. Hence it is only going to be relatively rich men who are respected for their incomes. The other thing is that most employed men are required to be complete pussies in order to keep their crappy jobs and sham marriages. If a white, middle class man other than a pig somehow summons up the courage to make a physical threat, you can safely laugh in his face, because everyone knows he isn't going to do anything. This physical impotence (often exacerbated by feeble, muscle wasted bodies resulting from years fiddling with forms in cubicles) makes females' flesh crawl. Hence it is time for men to stop competing for status on the basis of money.
DevilsAdvocate
Freshman Poster

Post by DevilsAdvocate »

publicduende wrote:Nice article, absolutely spot on. It's a double-whammy tragedy. Firstly because it's a sad fact that never again, in the next couple of decades at the very least, US will have an abundance of good jobs, those which usually make men beat their chest with pride. Secondly, because US society is one hopelessly skewed on the value of appearance, which requires money. And unless you live off your daddy's money or a fat lottery win, it takes a good job to have enough money to afford the kind of lifestyle that will wow your neighbour and "define" you and your family as American social players.

This is all horribly wrong. The only saving grace I can hope for is that widespread un- and underemployment will put the final nail in the coffin of men with overinflated egos and overdraft accounts. Perhaps you guys will start being more humane to each other, learn the values of solidarity and real love. This, or you guys are truly doomed to social catastrophe in a few years.

This is a great example of the power of the Internet and TV, both can take a completely false reality and warp it into the truth.

Here where I am in Las Vegas everybody is driving around in luxury automobiles, living in 500K homes, and eating out all the time and or shopping at Whole Foods.

Even the poor people on the other side of town have free Libraries with free use of computers and Internet, they have public transportation in clean good running buses, they breath clean air and eat food which won't make you sick.

In California it's even better, California in general is the highest quality of living anywhere in the world.

So I don't see all this bad stuff in the USA that people talk about, all of this is fantasy land and does not have any bearing whatsoever on the reality of being on the ground here, living here everyday.

People say the girls are fat? This is nuts, I don't know where you are but here in Las Vegas and in California the girls are smoking hot, they are the opposite of fat.

So I have no clue what people are smoking but it must be a lot better than what I'm getting that's for sure.

The USA is still the best country in the world hands down.....
DevilsAdvocate
Freshman Poster

Post by DevilsAdvocate »

I went over to Russia to get a girl, never again, Russians and Americans are from different planets from each other.

Over in Philippines, same thing, different planets. In the Philippines if you don't own a fighting cock you're a loser of a person.

Another words, it's a whole other world....

When my Russian wife came over to San Diego to be with me, I taught her how to drive a car. And while I was teaching her she asked me "what are those red lights", I said "what red lights"? She said, "those red lights on the freeway in front of us", I said what red lights are you talking about????? She pointed and said "those red lights", as they flashed on when cars hit their brakes.

I looked at her is disbelief, could it really be possible she doesn't know what those red lights are? Is that possible?

She didn't know....

So while teaching her to drive in the parking lot I said go to the right, she said, "how"? I said "steer to the right", she said "how"? I said "turn the wheel to the right", she once again said "how"?

I said WTF???????????????

WTF???????????

WTF?????????????

"You don't know how to turn the wheel to the right"?

She said "no"....

This is only a very small example of what you're in for when you think about being with a foreign girl, you cannot begin to imagine how bad it truly is....
DevilsAdvocate
Freshman Poster

Post by DevilsAdvocate »

DevilsAdvocate wrote:I went over to Russia to get a girl, never again, Russians and Americans are from different planets from each other.

Over in Philippines, same thing, different planets. In the Philippines if you don't own a fighting cock you're a loser of a person.

Another words, it's a whole other world....

When my Russian wife came over to San Diego to be with me, I taught her how to drive a car. And while I was teaching her she asked me "what are those red lights", I said "what red lights"? She said, "those red lights on the freeway in front of us", I said what red lights are you talking about????? She pointed and said "those red lights", as they flashed on when cars hit their brakes.

I looked at her is disbelief, could it really be possible she doesn't know what those red lights are? Is that possible?

She didn't know....

So while teaching her to drive in the parking lot I said go to the right, she said, "how"? I said "steer to the right", she said "how"? I said "turn the wheel to the right", she once again said "how"?

I said WTF???????????????

WTF???????????

WTF?????????????

"You don't know how to turn the wheel to the right"?

She said "no"....

This is only a very small example of what you're in for when you think about being with a foreign girl, you cannot begin to imagine how bad it truly is....

I bought her a brand new red sports car, she had it for about two weeks before she tried to take a freeway on ramp which made a 320 degree turn onto the freeway with a speed limit of 25 at the estimated speed by the highway patrol of about 80 mph....

She flipped the vehicle about 4 times....

She walked away without a scratch.....

The good news is after that I bought her another red sports car much more expensive and she didn't crash that one....

So they learn very quickly....

But these people from other countries like Russia and Philippines simply don't have the same kind of values that you would think they have, life is different to them and for them on a level that I don't think any of us could understand.

Life is far more cut throat to them.....

And they think nothing of cutting throat....

It's like survival to them.

While here in the USA it's just not like that for most people, the USA truly is the last best country in the world, the Empire of the World, a beacon of freedom and prosperity and hard work and values and morals and God....

Yes they have taken a great deal away from us and they have turned the women against us, but guess what, they are still women, and we are still men, go get yourself one and be her man....
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

I live in the suburban city of Irvine in Orange County, California. When I was previously engaged to a GF in Taipei, one phone conversation back in 2007 went something like this:

Her: "Do you have anything like a night market in your city?"
Me: "Um, no, restaurants here close by 9pm usually"

Her: "I don't drive (car), do you have MRT?"
Me: "Uh, no, we need to drive a car to get to places."

Her: "How far do you live from the bus station then?"
Me: "Eh, about 10 min walk, but the bus only runs on weekdays during work hours and comes once an hour or so"

Her: "Do you live on an rural farm??"
Me: (thinking, well, actually, this city used to be one giant farm...)
Her: (probably thinking, this guy is slow between the ears...)

Her mental image of where I live:

Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

DevilsAdvocate wrote: This is a great example of the power of the Internet and TV, both can take a completely false reality and warp it into the truth.

Here where I am in Las Vegas everybody is driving around in luxury automobiles, living in 500K homes, and eating out all the time and or shopping at Whole Foods.

Even the poor people on the other side of town have free Libraries with free use of computers and Internet, they have public transportation in clean good running buses, they breath clean air and eat food which won't make you sick.

In California it's even better, California in general is the highest quality of living anywhere in the world.

So I don't see all this bad stuff in the USA that people talk about, all of this is fantasy land and does not have any bearing whatsoever on the reality of being on the ground here, living here everyday.

People say the girls are fat? This is nuts, I don't know where you are but here in Las Vegas and in California the girls are smoking hot, they are the opposite of fat.

So I have no clue what people are smoking but it must be a lot better than what I'm getting that's for sure.

The USA is still the best country in the world hands down.....
You must be joking right ? California is not a relevant sample for America as a whole and saying that it's "the best country" just shows how ignorant you are.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: Why Does Society Look Down On Unemployed Men So Much?

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Taco wrote:When I first met my Filipina wife I was unemployed and she didn't care.

http://investmentwatchblog.com/why-does ... n-so-much/

And this is why I refuse to take care of any woman except for mi madre! It's a one way street when dealing with women but unfortunately guys don't learn until they're down and out.

Edit: "If a husband is unemployed for an extended period of time, there is a very good chance that the wife is going to start feeling very resentful."

And what is interesting is that on the other hand, if a man does not get sex from a woman he will start to resent women.
Last edited by NorthAmericanguy on October 15th, 2012, 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Cornfed wrote:One reason public transport is so awful in the West is that an efficient public transport system would allow blacks and other subhumans to spread their wave of destruction all over the place rather than being kept largely in their box.
Public transportation in America was deliberately dismantled to force all races of people to be dependent on the automobile.

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:
Cornfed wrote:One reason public transport is so awful in the West is that an efficient public transport system would allow blacks and other subhumans to spread their wave of destruction all over the place rather than being kept largely in their box.
Public transportation in America was deliberately dismantled to force all races of people to be dependent on the automobile.
Pwnage! Nice.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

momopi wrote:I live in the suburban city of Irvine in Orange County, California. When I was previously engaged to a GF in Taipei, one phone conversation back in 2007 went something like this:

Her: "Do you have anything like a night market in your city?"
Me: "Um, no, restaurants here close by 9pm usually"

Her: "I don't drive (car), do you have MRT?"
Me: "Uh, no, we need to drive a car to get to places."

Her: "How far do you live from the bus station then?"
Me: "Eh, about 10 min walk, but the bus only runs on weekdays during work hours and comes once an hour or so"

Her: "Do you live on an rural farm??"
Me: (thinking, well, actually, this city used to be one giant farm...)
Her: (probably thinking, this guy is slow between the ears...)

Her mental image of where I live:

What's funny Momopi, if you head East from Fullerton all the way out to Ontario all that area use to be farmland for cows and such.

You can still see some of the cows if you jump on the 57 in between Brea and Diamond Bar. And as a matter of fact, by my old bank they still have the old windmill from the early 1900's when the Diamond Bar area use to be a ranch depicted in your picture above.

"From 1918 to 1957, herds of horses and cattle were dependent on power from the windmill that now stands at the Ralph's Center near the intersection of Diamond Bar Boulevard and Grand Avenue"

http://diamondbar-walnut.patch.com/arti ... r-windmill
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Check this out guys:

"Today’s economic landscape is difficult for the entire population, but in many ways, women are faring better than men. In our ongoing recession, men have lost more jobs than women. "The unemployment rate for men, 11.4%, based on seasonally adjusted data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, outpaces the rate for women, 8.8%." Wall Street Journal 11/29/09. "As of the end of October, the U.S. had lost 7.3 million jobs in this Great Recession. Men account for 5.3 million of that loss
." WSJ 11/29/09.

http://floridaalimonyreform.com/pdf/wha ... y_laws.pdf
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:Check this out guys:

"Today’s economic landscape is difficult for the entire population, but in many ways, women are faring better than men. In our ongoing recession, men have lost more jobs than women. "The unemployment rate for men, 11.4%, based on seasonally adjusted data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, outpaces the rate for women, 8.8%." Wall Street Journal 11/29/09. "As of the end of October, the U.S. had lost 7.3 million jobs in this Great Recession. Men account for 5.3 million of that loss
." WSJ 11/29/09.

http://floridaalimonyreform.com/pdf/wha ... y_laws.pdf
Common sense would tell you women are doing better. When GM, Chrysler and Ford announced plant closures who do you think that affected? When DHL closed its operations in I believe Ohio in late 2008, who do you think that impacted?

When housing slowed in 2006 on news of saturated market, men started losing their construction jobs.

When a few of the big investment banks closed their doors (Bear-Stearns) and women lost their jobs, many of them turned to stripping in high end clubs.

Women were not impacted as much. Only poor women with children were impacted and under attack from largely White conservative men.

Women make up I think its 86% of the "Pink" Economy (Teachers, Nurses, Social Workers, etc, etc, etc) and safe for some general lay offs around the country, most women especially RN's are working more hours than ever and getting more pay than ever. Its not uncommon for a RN to be earning near $80,000 with overtime.

We need hospitals and schools where most of the employees are women in well-paying jobs.

Teacher in California with about 10 years experience makes $50,000+ in public schools and likely more in private schools.

What men haven't adjusted too (I don't blame them fully anyway...) is this information/knowledge economy. A man's brawn is going to be needed less and less as we move forward. High Skilled labor seldom requires physical strength, but with the housing boom, who need a college degree? The average construction worker was making $35,000 with only a HS diploma or LESS. Most are making more, Crane Operator makes $50-60K. My best friend Doug is a Forman and makes 90K a year.

You can get most Computer related jobs with a 2 year AS available at any community college at affordable prices. That's just one example...

I have looked at my options and feel my best option is to earn money online instead of the traditional way (offline) because I want the flexibility of living wherever I want.

What men have to do is look at that they love to do and become an expert/authority. Unfortunately I think we're moving in a direction of a bunch of low paying service sector jobs, a narrow middle class filled with social outsourcing (party planners, wedding planners, child care), life coaches, personal trainers and those with technical expertise.

There will be a spike of manufacturing to some degree because we need our major industries to build new power stations, high speed rail, smart grid, broadband access, alternative energy, hybrids and full electric cars.

I think what all of us need to do is a combination of finding an income level you can afford and being frugal up to a point. Place less importance of ownership and more importance of life experiences.