Don't Work For A Female Boss

Discuss Anti-Feminism, Men's Rights, and Misandry (hatred of men in America).
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

I've never worked for a female boss that was trustworthy.

http://www.returnofkings.com/17995/dont ... damage.com
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Indeed.

Every time I have asked a female, they concur.

All would rather work for a man.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

I work in an industry (IT) dominated by men. If I ever had a woman as a boss and if she's a competent boss, she will have learned to keep her hormones at bay and stick to the technicals. Perhaps I'm dreaming... :)
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

publicduende wrote:I work in an industry (IT) dominated by men. If I ever had a woman as a boss and if she's a competent boss, she will have learned to keep her hormones at bay and stick to the technicals. Perhaps I'm dreaming... :)
Ahh those cherished illusions!
:wink:
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

publicduende wrote:I work in an industry (IT) dominated by men. If I ever had a woman as a boss and if she's a competent boss, she will have learned to keep her hormones at bay and stick to the technicals. Perhaps I'm dreaming... :)
Here in Dallas, Texas, USA, I had spoken to an IT staffing firm (not a firm that gets IT job orders), and there were nothing but Black women as recruiters and secretaries :shock: :-(
And the recruiter I was working with had left unannounced while waiting to hear back from the client if they want to interview me or not so go figure. :-/
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
Here in Dallas, Texas, USA, I had spoken to an IT staffing firm (not a firm that gets IT job orders), and there were nothing but Black women as recruiters and secretaries :shock: :-(
And the recruiter I was working with had left unannounced while waiting to hear back from the client if they want to interview me or not so go figure. :-/
It's the same in the UK. I think you have just witnessed two very common traits of the IT recruitment industry:

1) lots and lots of female recruiters, especially at the lower echelons; they're usually quite hot too, you just need to have a browse on LinkedIn to notice;
2) the turnaround is quite fast, especially when a recruiter realises they have the talent and the potential to earn fatter commissions; of course their candidates are absolutely the LAST people to know they have left; even weirder is when they disappear into nothing with you "dream role" only to reappear 6 months later (end of their non-belligerance period) trying to pick you from their new employer.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

I've worked for female bosses before. Here are my observations and experiences:
- Most were micromanagers, nitpicky, more concerned with appearance than content and substance;
- Quick to take credit for other people's work, especially if the work was done by men, and more willing to give kudos to women.
-Quick to fix the blame than problem; more apt to fix blame on MEN, not women.
-Where rules are concerned, they are more apt so say, "What applies to THEE does not apply to ME.
- When she didn't understand something (especially coming from a Man), tended to discount or discredit item.
- More likely to consider recommendations from female over male.
-Very cliquish with female subordinates. The so-called "good 'ol gal" network.
-More apt to be more lenient with women subordinates where conflicts with job and children committments are concerned, i.e., having a baby, take 9 months off; take time off to be with sick child, etc.
- Plays Office Politics and Poliltical Correctness to the hilt; must observe when dealing with female boss.
- Pushy, aggressive with chip on shoulder to prove she is better and more competent than me.

Bottomline: If had the choice, I would NOT work for a female boss. In fact, I've turned down assignments upon discovering boss was female. It wasn't worth it.

Working conditions and cameraderie used to be more enjoyable up until the 1970s, when Feminism and "Equality" arrived on the scene. Also didn't have to deal with "political correctness" and "sensitivity".

But times change, and what can you do?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Halwick wrote:
I've worked for female bosses before. Here are my observations and experiences:
- Most were micromanagers, nitpicky, more concerned with appearance than content and substance;
- Quick to take credit for other people's work, especially if the work was done by men, and more willing to give kudos to women.
-Quick to fix the blame than problem; more apt to fix blame on MEN, not women.

-Where rules are concerned, they are more apt so say, "What applies to THEE does not apply to ME.
- When she didn't understand something (especially coming from a Man), tended to discount or discredit item.
- More likely to consider recommendations from female over male.
-Very cliquish with female subordinates. The so-called "good 'ol gal" network.
-More apt to be more lenient with women subordinates where conflicts with job and children committments are concerned, i.e., having a baby, take 9 months off; take time off to be with sick child, etc.
- Plays Office Politics and Poliltical Correctness to the hilt; must observe when dealing with female boss.
- Pushy, aggressive with chip on shoulder to prove she is better and more competent than me.

Bottomline: If had the choice, I would NOT work for a female boss. In fact, I've turned down assignments upon discovering boss was female. It wasn't worth it.
Experienced all this back in the early 1980's in a software company

Halwick wrote:
Working conditions and cameraderie used to be more enjoyable up until the 1970s, when Feminism and "Equality" arrived on the scene. Also didn't have to deal with "political correctness" and "sensitivity".

But times change, and what can you do?
Well there is still one option...

relocate.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 16th, 2020, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Ghost wrote: However, I will also add that bosses in general are a bad idea, as most are sociopaths, assholes, incompetent, etc. This is why I keep inching towards working freelance, independently, and one day, entirely for myself. I would rather make $500 a month working for myself than $2000 working for someone else, especially if said someone is a sack of shit.
I agree. It's not what type of work I'm doing that matters to me its who I have to work with. Some people are out to get you from the first day on the job.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

Ghost wrote:I completely agree. However, I will also add that bosses in general are a bad idea, as most are sociopaths, assholes, incompetent, etc. And if you work in western societies you always have to watch out for mangina bosses that will harass and threaten you for a sniff of p***y (i.e. female employee falsely accuses you of something, mangina boss harasses and threatens you behind closed doors and you have no recourse.)

This is why I keep inching towards working freelance, independently, and one day, entirely for myself. I would rather make $500 a month working for myself than $2000 working for someone else, especially if said someone is a sack of shit.
Well, I'd quality your first sentence regarding bosses: FEMALE bosses are a bad idea. I'd also agree with you that most female bosses are incompetent and female employees are more apt to accuse sexual harassment for the slightest things.

As a freelancer working independently, you are going to need CUSTOMERS. Do you not regard the customer as "boss"?

The reality is, the customer IS the boss. When the customer pays you to do something, they expects you to follow their orders, meet expectations and complete the job. That is Contract.

And some customers are as you described: assholes, sociopaths and incompetent (that's why they are hiring you for the expertise they lack.)

If you don't like taking their orders, then you resign, stop taking their money and move on.

There's an old business rule: If you don't take care of the customer (read boss), he's going to find someone else who will. And taking care of the customer means doing the job he/she wants you to do.

Ghost, sounds to me like you don't like taking orders and most people I've ran across who don't like taking orders have the same view of bosses that you do.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

publicduende wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
It's the same in the UK. I think you have just witnessed two very common traits of the IT recruitment industry:

1) lots and lots of female recruiters, especially at the lower echelons; they're usually quite hot too, you just need to have a browse on LinkedIn to notice;
2) the turnaround is quite fast, especially when a recruiter realises they have the talent and the potential to earn fatter commissions; of course their candidates are absolutely the LAST people to know they have left; even weirder is when they disappear into nothing with you "dream role" only to reappear 6 months later (end of their non-belligerance period) trying to pick you from their new employer.
I never had that happen to me yet, but I bet that is what transpires alot in both the US of Gay and the U-Gay (UK incarnated moniker).
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

Taco wrote:
Ghost wrote: However, I will also add that bosses in general are a bad idea, as most are sociopaths, assholes, incompetent, etc. This is why I keep inching towards working freelance, independently, and one day, entirely for myself. I would rather make $500 a month working for myself than $2000 working for someone else, especially if said someone is a sack of shit.
I agree. It's not what type of work I'm doing that matters to me its who I have to work with. Some people are out to get you from the first day on the job.
Some people delight in clipping wings because they themselves can't fly.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I lasted 2 years with a female boss at my last job. I worked there for 8 years, and had my last 2 years with the new female company president, and her clueless daughter as vice president. The company had been run for 54 years by a man who retired, then the female accountant took over, and her lawyer daughter became 2nd in command. The guys at work called them dumb and dumber. They fired most people, who didn't put up a fight until they ran into me. As an example of their nonsense, they labeled the toilet female only, when 20 guys worked there, and only 4 women did. After I left I filed a secret complaint with the city bylaws about the toilet rules they had created which were illegal. I recorded some of the arguments we had without her knowing so when I get bored and want to remind myself how far I have come I listen to them and laugh.
SlaveToLove
Freshman Poster

Post by SlaveToLove »

i've the feeling it can only get worse in the West.

more and more girls are earning degrees and being hired by female HR, and HR is always dominated by women as far as i've seen.

i had the bad luck of having two female bosses in the past but thanks god it didn't last long.

by the way, in one multinational i had both a female boss and a 4 gay colleagues, i can tell you that dealing with gays and lesbians on a daily basis is a total disgrace too.

but nothin is going to change anytime soon, the metrics they use in the upper management never take into account all these negative factors, they even think they're good for productivity actually, they would fully reject the idea of doing same-sex teams also for fear of legal troubles.

in some companies they even a "equality bureau" that manages complaint about harassment, mobbing, etc they're the ones making sure there's plenty of females and gays around and the whole company is a rainbow !

it's a toxic environment, what you actually produce in your job comes always later, it's 50% a political game and rightly so as long as clients are exactly the same crap and so are their companies and their products.

if you're into IT/ICT your only option is becoming a sort of "technology primadonna" and make sure you aren't easily replaceable.

either that or work on your own with contract jobs.
consulting is also a good alternative, you will be dispatched to customers around the country and have minimal face to face contact with female bosses or colleagues.