Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Why has feminism made women less happy?

Discuss Anti-Feminism, Men's Rights and Misandry.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Traveler
Freshman Poster
Posts: 292
Joined: March 31st, 2013, 7:23 am

Why has feminism made women less happy?

Post by Traveler » October 12th, 2014, 6:03 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/26/opini ... uthat.html

http://www.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=dEfxn912acE

"American women are wealthier, healthier and better educated than they were 30 years ago. They’re more likely to work outside the home, and more likely to earn salaries comparable to men’s when they do. They can leave abusive marriages and sue sexist employers. They enjoy unprecedented control over their own fertility. On some fronts — graduation rates, life expectancy and even job security — men look increasingly like the second sex.

"But all the achievements of the feminist era may have delivered women to greater unhappiness. In the 1960s, when Betty Friedan diagnosed her fellow wives and daughters as the victims of 'the problem with no name,' American women reported themselves happier, on average, than did men. Today, that gender gap has reversed. Male happiness has inched up, and female happiness has dropped."

This is a phenomenon that has baffled researchers.

User avatar
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5852
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am
Contact:

Re: Why has feminism made women less happy?

Post by Ghost » October 12th, 2014, 6:26 am

Traveler wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/26/opini ... uthat.html

http://www.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=dEfxn912acE

"American women are wealthier, healthier and better educated than they were 30 years ago. They’re more likely to work outside the home, and more likely to earn salaries comparable to men’s when they do. They can leave abusive marriages and sue sexist employers. They enjoy unprecedented control over their own fertility. On some fronts — graduation rates, life expectancy and even job security — men look increasingly like the second sex.

"But all the achievements of the feminist era may have delivered women to greater unhappiness. In the 1960s, when Betty Friedan diagnosed her fellow wives and daughters as the victims of 'the problem with no name,' American women reported themselves happier, on average, than did men. Today, that gender gap has reversed. Male happiness has inched up, and female happiness has dropped."

This is a phenomenon that has baffled researchers.
Oh, they aren't baffled at all. Afraid to say what is as plain as day to everyone? Oh, yes.
Expatriation Ragnarok
Make the most of going abroad while you still can.

User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 8324
Joined: August 25th, 2007, 6:45 pm
Location: USA

Re: Why has feminism made women less happy?

Post by jamesbond » October 13th, 2014, 11:10 am

Traveler wrote: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/26/opini ... .html?_r=0

http://www.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=dEfxn912acE

"American women are wealthier, healthier and better educated than they were 30 years ago. They’re more likely to work outside the home, and more likely to earn salaries comparable to men’s when they do. They can leave abusive marriages and sue sexist employers. They enjoy unprecedented control over their own fertility. On some fronts — graduation rates, life expectancy and even job security — men look increasingly like the second sex.

"But all the achievements of the feminist era may have delivered women to greater unhappiness. In the 1960s, when Betty Friedan diagnosed her fellow wives and daughters as the victims of 'the problem with no name,' American women reported themselves happier, on average, than did men. Today, that gender gap has reversed. Male happiness has inched up, and female happiness has dropped."

This is a phenomenon that has baffled researchers.
Feminism has made women more miserable and unhappy. If the researchers can't figure this out, they are absolutely clueless! :roll:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27161
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » October 13th, 2014, 2:31 pm

I don't think they're baffled. They just don't want to admit the obvious - which is that women are not meant to be strong, masculine and independent.

Men and women are meant to need each other and complement each other. When you suppress or destroy a woman's femininity, she becomes unhappy because she is not herself anymore. She is not living her true nature.

Only a feminine woman can have a symbiotic natural relationship with a man. When you try to turn nature upside down, negative consequences result.

America also corrupts the soul because it is very toxic. Once that happens it is very hard to be happy in America. America also lies and teaches you that consumerism can make you happy and fill your void. It doesn't.

Women were not unhappy in the past. Photos of women long ago show that they looked sweet, caring, tender and wholesome. So they did not need to be liberated. That is all a con. They were manipulated to believe they were oppressed.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

suprmon
Freshman Poster
Posts: 95
Joined: October 17th, 2014, 6:15 am

Re: Why has feminism made women less happy?

Post by suprmon » October 17th, 2014, 8:06 am

This is funny! This reminds me of an animated segment of the "Bullwinkle Show" called "Aesop Fables" where this man tells his young son the story of a poor fisherman who when our fishing one day runs into a mermaid who grants him three wishes.

First wish, he has the mermaid bestow his wife a mink fur. Upon returning home, her finds his wife in a mink coat and she is just elated! After telling his wife about the mermaid blessing her with the fur, she asks her husband to give her go back and ask the mermaid for a palace. So he goes back to the mermaid and makes the 2nd request for the palace to which the mermaid grants.

Upon returning to his old dilapidated house, he now sees his wife in a setting that could related to Cleopatra now! Beautiful palace, marble floors, Roman columns, two buffed up guys fanning her, with another feeding her grapes--I mean the works! But there was something else he noticed. His wife was now mean spirited. She became spoiled and self-entitled and was no longer the loving thoughtful wife that patiently awaited for his arrival from the sea everyday. It was then she demanded that he go back to the mermaid and "DEMAND" that she make her "queen of the universe!" Then she proceeded to have the palace guards throw the husband out!

With the fisherman perplexed with this latest development, he went back to the mermaid, not knowing what to do. The mermaid asked him what was it that he really wanted for his wife, to which he replied, "I just want her to be happy!" So, on his last wish that's was just what the mermaid gave him and on his return to where his home was, the palace was gone, the servants were gone and so was the fur coat. The shack they lived in was right back the way it originally was. But more importantly something else was back the way it was: His caring, loving and supportive wife!

Seems that's the very same thing that's happened to American women ever since these short sighted "vagina whipped" men started giving them "blank checks" and giving them everything they could wish for just like the fisherman did with his wife!! The difference between the fisherman and the manginas is that the fisherman realized his wife's demands went to far and knew it was time to pull I'm the reigns. I just wonder will they come to their senses like the fisherman?

Vegascook
Freshman Poster
Posts: 63
Joined: January 11th, 2014, 9:42 am
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Why has feminism made women less happy?

Post by Vegascook » October 20th, 2014, 7:19 am

The worst thing you can do to a woman is give her something that she demands. One example would be the college grants that feminists demanded for female college students. As female enrollment increased male enrollment decreased because there were progressively fewer merit based grants. Fast forward a decade and women are complaining that: "There aren't any decent men to date." By decent the women imply men whose education and income are greater than their own. By receiving their demands women have effectively destroyed something that they want. Fewer educated and financially successful men means more competition and less personal fulfillment. Women fail to see the paradox created and demand that they should have two things that are mutually exclusive.

Anatol
Junior Poster
Posts: 586
Joined: July 19th, 2014, 6:12 am

Re: Why has feminism made women less happy?

Post by Anatol » October 20th, 2014, 7:24 am

Vegascook wrote:The worst thing you can do to a woman is give her something that she demands. One example would be the college grants that feminists demanded for female college students. As female enrollment increased male enrollment decreased because there were progressively fewer merit based grants. Fast forward a decade and women are complaining that: "There aren't any decent men to date." By decent the women imply men whose education and income are greater than their own. By receiving their demands women have effectively destroyed something that they want. Fewer educated and financially successful men means more competition and less personal fulfillment. Women fail to see the paradox created and demand that they should have two things that are mutually exclusive.
Hello,

You are right! But the ones who made all this possible were the stupid men. I tell everyone in real life that feminism should have been crushed in the 1960s and 1970s.

Vegascook
Freshman Poster
Posts: 63
Joined: January 11th, 2014, 9:42 am
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Why has feminism made women less happy?

Post by Vegascook » October 25th, 2014, 12:02 am

Feminism was never truly meant to make women happy. It was a top down social engineering experiment started at the liberal Ivy League Schools. It had a trickle down effect into the rest of the national university system and then progressed into the lives of everyday people.

The so-called "feminist" leaders wanted a block of voters which would give them political power and influence over left-wing politicians. As women entered the workforce many were paid less than their male counterparts as production or result based pay is essentially fair. If a woman produces fewer goods in a factory she should make less. If she can't perform certain job requirements for a job with a higher pay grade then she could not be promoted past a certain point. The rule of law also supports merit based pay when it is universal and equitable.

Women also try to have it all: career, marriage, children, and the false belief that they are empowered. If you spread yourself too thin you do everything equally crappy if your effort is evenly divided or you put some things on lower priority. Marriage has become a low priority for women in the US and as such they miss out on its positive benefits: a man to help out, the option of allowing the man to be the sole wage earner, an actual father in the children's daily lives, reduced stress through the division of household tasks, tax benefits, social benefits, and the reliability that a decent man has to offer.

Women who don't value marriage: become single mothers, allow their child to grow up without a father, put all the stress on themselves both financially and emotionally, become dependent upon government services as opposed to having dignity with a husband, damage their health through contracting STDs, are more likely to be abused both physically and emotionally by their boyfriends, do a piss poor job of raising their children, are likely to divorce in an opportunistic manner, and they always whine about not being able to find the right man.

American liberals and neo-communists invented feminism to subjugate women to their will. This movement was never about equality. If a group of people take entitlements from politicians in exchange for their political allegiance, then those people serve the interests of the politician.

Of course the biggest reason why feminism has made women less happy is that they actually have to work more and compete harder to get everything they think that they want. The typical feminist is so delusional that she will let others plant ideas in her mind about what she should want, what she should do, and who she should be with. And as a result of this nonsense women stray from what they want or destroy their opportunities for happiness.

Anatol
Junior Poster
Posts: 586
Joined: July 19th, 2014, 6:12 am

Re: Why has feminism made women less happy?

Post by Anatol » October 25th, 2014, 12:41 am

Vegascook wrote: Feminism was never truly meant to make women happy. It was a top down social engineering experiment started at the liberal Ivy League Schools. It had a trickle down effect into the rest of the national university system and then progressed into the lives of everyday people.

The so-called "feminist" leaders wanted a block of voters which would give them political power and influence over left-wing politicians. As women entered the workforce many were paid less than their male counterparts as production or result based pay is essentially fair. If a woman produces fewer goods in a factory she should make less. If she can't perform certain job requirements for a job with a higher pay grade then she could not be promoted past a certain point. The rule of law also supports merit based pay when it is universal and equitable.

Women also try to have it all: career, marriage, children, and the false belief that they are empowered. If you spread yourself too thin you do everything equally crappy if your effort is evenly divided or you put some things on lower priority. Marriage has become a low priority for women in the US and as such they miss out on its positive benefits: a man to help out, the option of allowing the man to be the sole wage earner, an actual father in the children's daily lives, reduced stress through the division of household tasks, tax benefits, social benefits, and the reliability that a decent man has to offer.

Women who don't value marriage: become single mothers, allow their child to grow up without a father, put all the stress on themselves both financially and emotionally, become dependent upon government services as opposed to having dignity with a husband, damage their health through contracting STDs, are more likely to be abused both physically and emotionally by their boyfriends, do a piss poor job of raising their children, are likely to divorce in an opportunistic manner, and they always whine about not being able to find the right man.

American liberals and neo-communists invented feminism to subjugate women to their will. This movement was never about equality. If a group of people take entitlements from politicians in exchange for their political allegiance, then those people serve the interests of the politician.

Of course the biggest reason why feminism has made women less happy is that they actually have to work more and compete harder to get everything they think that they want. The typical feminist is so delusional that she will let others plant ideas in her mind about what she should want, what she should do, and who she should be with. And as a result of this nonsense women stray from what they want or destroy their opportunities for happiness.
Hello, I definitely agree! I also think that feminism was an experiment in money-making and another way to 'progress' {(mad modern Western man has convinced the entire world that women being manly is 'progress')} by the American men that has gotten totally out of control.

Vegascook
Freshman Poster
Posts: 63
Joined: January 11th, 2014, 9:42 am
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Why has feminism made women less happy?

Post by Vegascook » October 25th, 2014, 1:47 am

Basically the older I get, the more contempt I have for feminism as a political ideology. It's essentially leftist, amoral, delusional in nature, and the worst form of self-denial that women can practice.

During the 1950's in America a man could support his entire family. Five to ten year mortgages, cars paid for in cash, little personal debt, pensions were the norm, unions were strong, good wages, and strong family values were but a few of things going in favor of the US. Then the 1960's came. Hippie trash started the so called "free love" movement, which was essentially losers convincing women to become sluts just to piss off their parents. AIDS, single parenthood, child poverty, drug addiction, abortions (200 million and counting to date in the US alone), our first decisive defeat in a war, and the creation of big government were many of the negative results of the feminist/hippie alliance against morality.

Now we are $18 Trillion in debt and our government has entitlement program that are out of control. If an opportunity for Revolution were to become available, then we should go back to a patriarchal society and purge the idiots who get in the way.

Anatol
Junior Poster
Posts: 586
Joined: July 19th, 2014, 6:12 am

Re: Why has feminism made women less happy?

Post by Anatol » October 26th, 2014, 11:38 am

Vegascook wrote:Basically the older I get, the more contempt I have for feminism as a political ideology. It's essentially leftist, amoral, delusional in nature, and the worst form of self-denial that women can practice.

During the 1950's in America a man could support his entire family. Five to ten year mortgages, cars paid for in cash, little personal debt, pensions were the norm, unions were strong, good wages, and strong family values were but a few of things going in favor of the US. Then the 1960's came. Hippie trash started the so called "free love" movement, which was essentially losers convincing women to become sluts just to piss off their parents. AIDS, single parenthood, child poverty, drug addiction, abortions (200 million and counting to date in the US alone), our first decisive defeat in a war, and the creation of big government were many of the negative results of the feminist/hippie alliance against morality.

Now we are $18 Trillion in debt and our government has entitlement program that are out of control. If an opportunity for Revolution were to become available, then we should go back to a patriarchal society and purge the idiots who get in the way.
Hello,

You and I are in full agreement. I simply wish every man on earth was like us.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27161
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Why has feminism made women less happy?

Post by Winston » May 21st, 2015, 3:25 pm

suprmon wrote:This is funny! This reminds me of an animated segment of the "Bullwinkle Show" called "Aesop Fables" where this man tells his young son the story of a poor fisherman who when our fishing one day runs into a mermaid who grants him three wishes.

First wish, he has the mermaid bestow his wife a mink fur. Upon returning home, her finds his wife in a mink coat and she is just elated! After telling his wife about the mermaid blessing her with the fur, she asks her husband to give her go back and ask the mermaid for a palace. So he goes back to the mermaid and makes the 2nd request for the palace to which the mermaid grants.

Upon returning to his old dilapidated house, he now sees his wife in a setting that could related to Cleopatra now! Beautiful palace, marble floors, Roman columns, two buffed up guys fanning her, with another feeding her grapes--I mean the works! But there was something else he noticed. His wife was now mean spirited. She became spoiled and self-entitled and was no longer the loving thoughtful wife that patiently awaited for his arrival from the sea everyday. It was then she demanded that he go back to the mermaid and "DEMAND" that she make her "queen of the universe!" Then she proceeded to have the palace guards throw the husband out!

With the fisherman perplexed with this latest development, he went back to the mermaid, not knowing what to do. The mermaid asked him what was it that he really wanted for his wife, to which he replied, "I just want her to be happy!" So, on his last wish that's was just what the mermaid gave him and on his return to where his home was, the palace was gone, the servants were gone and so was the fur coat. The shack they lived in was right back the way it originally was. But more importantly something else was back the way it was: His caring, loving and supportive wife!

Seems that's the very same thing that's happened to American women ever since these short sighted "v****a whipped" men started giving them "blank checks" and giving them everything they could wish for just like the fisherman did with his wife!! The difference between the fisherman and the manginas is that the fisherman realized his wife's demands went to far and knew it was time to pull I'm the reigns. I just wonder will they come to their senses like the fisherman?
Wow that fable is GREAT! Perfect! I would like to reference it or quote it in my articles and books. But I can't find a source for it. It wasn't one of the Aesop's Fables right? It was just an episode of Rocky and Bullwinkle's Aesop and Son animations right? I'm looking at the episode list now though, but I can't find it. Can you tell me which episode it is?

http://rockyandbullwinkle.wikia.com/wik ... n_episodes
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5852
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am
Contact:

Re: Why has feminism made women less happy?

Post by Ghost » May 22nd, 2015, 4:01 am

Winston wrote:
suprmon wrote:This is funny! This reminds me of an animated segment of the "Bullwinkle Show" called "Aesop Fables" where this man tells his young son the story of a poor fisherman who when our fishing one day runs into a mermaid who grants him three wishes.

First wish, he has the mermaid bestow his wife a mink fur. Upon returning home, her finds his wife in a mink coat and she is just elated! After telling his wife about the mermaid blessing her with the fur, she asks her husband to give her go back and ask the mermaid for a palace. So he goes back to the mermaid and makes the 2nd request for the palace to which the mermaid grants.

Upon returning to his old dilapidated house, he now sees his wife in a setting that could related to Cleopatra now! Beautiful palace, marble floors, Roman columns, two buffed up guys fanning her, with another feeding her grapes--I mean the works! But there was something else he noticed. His wife was now mean spirited. She became spoiled and self-entitled and was no longer the loving thoughtful wife that patiently awaited for his arrival from the sea everyday. It was then she demanded that he go back to the mermaid and "DEMAND" that she make her "queen of the universe!" Then she proceeded to have the palace guards throw the husband out!

With the fisherman perplexed with this latest development, he went back to the mermaid, not knowing what to do. The mermaid asked him what was it that he really wanted for his wife, to which he replied, "I just want her to be happy!" So, on his last wish that's was just what the mermaid gave him and on his return to where his home was, the palace was gone, the servants were gone and so was the fur coat. The shack they lived in was right back the way it originally was. But more importantly something else was back the way it was: His caring, loving and supportive wife!

Seems that's the very same thing that's happened to American women ever since these short sighted "v****a whipped" men started giving them "blank checks" and giving them everything they could wish for just like the fisherman did with his wife!! The difference between the fisherman and the manginas is that the fisherman realized his wife's demands went to far and knew it was time to pull I'm the reigns. I just wonder will they come to their senses like the fisherman?
Wow that fable is GREAT! Perfect! I would like to reference it or quote it in my articles and books. But I can't find a source for it. It wasn't one of the Aesop's Fables right? It was just an episode of Rocky and Bullwinkle's Aesop and Son animations right? I'm looking at the episode list now though, but I can't find it. Can you tell me which episode it is?

http://rockyandbullwinkle.wikia.com/wik ... n_episodes
Here you go, Winston:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fishe ... d_His_Wife
Expatriation Ragnarok
Make the most of going abroad while you still can.

MrMan
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2493
Joined: July 31st, 2014, 3:52 am

Re: Why has feminism made women less happy?

Post by MrMan » May 22nd, 2015, 6:01 am

Lots of good responses here. I like some of the things Winston and Vegascook have said, especially.

Women are taught by feminism that in marriage, they are supposed to be 'strong and independent' so some of them go into marriage wanting to have equal say or to be in charge. While intellectually, they may think that is best or that that makes them happiest, emotionally, they don't like it if they are in charge. They want the man to be strong and in charge. The fact that modern feminist women would eroticize the story in a book like '50 Shades of Grey' show that they crave submission to a strong man, even if the version of submission the book promotes is a bit pervy. (I haven't read it, but this is based on what I've read about it.)

As other posters have pointed out, feminists pushed for 'minority' scholarships for girls. But when girls make as much or more money than men, things don't work out. Women want men who make more money than they do, and will settle for a man who makes as much. Marrying a man who makes less could possibly work, but it makes it hard for them to respect their men. And a woman needs to respect her man for the marriage to work. If you put a strong, man in a marriage with a dominant, pushy woman, or a woman who makes more, he may not like that so much. But the man being in charge works better with women biologically, and feminist though goes against this aspect of female nature.

I also think women are less happy because it's a good thing to be able to spend time at home with the kids. Women are programmed to think they have to go out and have a career. Some women look down on other women who do not go to college and just being a homemaker. They think they have to go work outside of the home, but it may be happier for them, especially after a baby is born, to stay home and spend all day with the baby.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27161
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Why has feminism made women less happy?

Post by Winston » June 12th, 2015, 3:30 am

Great points and responses everyone. So basically, the reason American women are less happy after feminism, is because they are holding contradictory beliefs and want things that are mutually exclusive. For example:

1) They want to be equal with men in every way and in every aspect.
2) They want a male partner who is stronger, taller and makes more money than them.
3) They want that male partner to call her "the boss" and let her be the leader and obey her commands (aka "respecting her wishes and listening to her" in politically correct terminology)

All three of these are mutually exclusive of course, which explains why they are so f***ed up in the head and out of whack, as well as dissatisfied and unhappy.

And of course, most men comply with the above, and so they get confused and unhappy as well. Men are told:

1) That men and women are equal in every aspect.
2) Men must listen to women, respect and obey them. So if any disagreement arises, the man must yield to the woman and let her have her way.

Yet #2 contradicts #1, so the men are confused. How do they reconcile these two social laws? They can't. So they are f***ed in the head too. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Anti-Feminism, Men's Rights and Misandry”