The Heresy of Manginas Going The Other Way (MGTOW)

Discuss Anti-Feminism, Men's Rights, and Misandry (hatred of men in America).
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: The Heresy of Manginas Going The Other Way (MGTOW)

Post by Zambales »

Adama wrote:
Zambales wrote:I'm unsure of what MGTOW truly stands for. There seems to be a difference of opinion.

The top definition on Urban Dictionary......
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=MGTOW

Men Going Their Own Way is a statement of self-ownership, where the modern man preserves and protects his own sovereignty above all else. It is the manifestation of one word: “No”. Ejecting silly preconceptions and cultural definitions of what a “man” is. Looking to no one else for social cues. Refusing to bow, serve and kneel for the opportunity to be treated like a disposable utility. And, living according to his own best interests in a world which would rather he didn’t.

That sounds fair enough.

My philosophy is to leave the door open in terms of having a relationship but not to let her dictate to me or try to change me. Simply put - My way or the highway!

Ejecting silly preconceptions and cultural definitions of what a “man” is.
How are they EJECTING these silly notions? Do they mean they have set them aside or discarded them? Ejecting makes it sound like they are actually doing something magnificent, puffing themselves up into more than they are. Just bragging about nonsense that isn't even real and which cannot be measured!

But when they do claim they've had an affect on society, it is the same affect the feminists have, and that is discord, falling marriage rates. Fools.

Looking to no one else for social cues. Looks like these men never learned some hard lessons of life. It seems they were following what society told them to do. This is more like missing an emotional milestone though, which indicates a personal problem.

Refusing to bow, serve and kneel for the opportunity to be treated like a disposable utility.
The ironic and most hypocritical thing about that is that many of those MGTOW advocate using women in the f*ck and chuck fashion. Some even say, "If it flies, floats, or f*cks, then RENT IT!" That is, they just want to use women as tools of masturbation, which are to be discarded on a whim. Some also advocate having a girlfriend for only two years and then dumping her and getting a new one. This is hypocrisy.

Apparently disposing of women is one of the means they use to preserve his own sovereignty above all else.

Men Going Their Own Way is a statement of self-ownership. More bragadocious lies. This is not true. It isn't about self-awareness, self confidence, or even taking ownership of your own actions. Nope. It is a blame women for everything philosophy . They act like they advocate that men learn more about themselves so that they can grow as people. In reality they only complain about women and tell other men how to either use women and get away with it or that they should live like a monk and avoid women altogether.

The whole statement is a lie. They're bragging about things that don't matter and don't exist in reality.
It does seem that those affiliated to the MGTOW movement do have different views though. The Urban Dictionary description for example doesn't bear any reference of hate towards women. It's more of a a stance against feminism.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

If these men were truly going their own way, they wouldn't be trying to recruit other men to go that way with them by promoting their ideas on YouTube and through other Internet venues.

I've interacted a bit with MGTOW advocates online. It seems like some of them lost a lot in a divorce. I really do understand why divorced men have bitterness toward women. What seems strange to me is when single men listen to the old bitter divorced men and don't take it with a grain of salt. They accept the philosophy and then want to be loners.

The logic of most of the posters was pretty weak. Because the US legal system is stacked against men when it comes to divorce, you shouldn't marry women anywhere in the world? That doesn't make sense. If you really feel the US legal system is so bad, go live somewhere where the divorce courts don't favor women and where society expects women to behavior better, respect their men, etc. The world is a big place.

I noticed that MGTOWs resort to name-calling and shaming tactics if they run out of logical arguments or don't have any good ones to begin with.

Some of their attitudes toward women (like some MRAs) seems like a male version of the really bad man-hating feminism. They just say hateful things about women instead. They make themselves out to be victims of a society and legal system biased toward women. Or they want to avoid marriage to avoid being victims. Some of the ones who want to sleep around and not marry to avoid paying child support seem to be ignorant of the fact that dads who never get married can end up paying child support, too.

I think a man can choose to remain celibate and never get married. That's fine with me. I just don't know why these men would want to recruit other men, especially if they are doing so at stirring up hatred between the genders. The feminist movement stirred up a lot of strife between the genders. We should try to heal that, not make men into women-haters to get the feminists back.

MGTOW as a movement as a response to an unfair legal system also does not fix the problem. Why shouldn't men take leadership and work on the legal and social problems?

I enjoy having a wife who I can hang out with is a regular sex partner. I wanted kids and I've got them now. I don't want my social activity at home limited to interacting with a dog, a cat, or a goldfish. Why should I have let the legal systems or character problems of millions of women keep me from finding an attractive decent, responsible woman? Why would I be required to 'get back' at the social ills caused by feminism by being bitter toward women and living a life of celibacy or sleeping with prostitutes?

A lot of the MGTOWs seemed to make fear-motivated choices, avoiding marriage for fear of getting a divorce. Why would i let fear keep me from enjoying my life. They say marriage costs money. True, it does. But what good does having money if you don't enjoy the other aspects of your life to the fullest? The ones who pick up girls or hire prostitutes have to spend money on them, and they'd probably have a lot less 'activity' doing it that way than being married to a woman who takes care of her man.

If a man wants to live single, that's fine. But why recruit followers?
Boxman
Freshman Poster

Post by Boxman »

MrMan wrote:If these men were truly going their own way, they wouldn't be trying to recruit other men to go that way with them by promoting their ideas on YouTube and through other Internet venues.

I've interacted a bit with MGTOW advocates online. It seems like some of them lost a lot in a divorce. I really do understand why divorced men have bitterness toward women. What seems strange to me is when single men listen to the old bitter divorced men and don't take it with a grain of salt. They accept the philosophy and then want to be loners.

The logic of most of the posters was pretty weak. Because the US legal system is stacked against men when it comes to divorce, you shouldn't marry women anywhere in the world? That doesn't make sense. If you really feel the US legal system is so bad, go live somewhere where the divorce courts don't favor women and where society expects women to behavior better, respect their men, etc. The world is a big place.

I noticed that MGTOWs resort to name-calling and shaming tactics if they run out of logical arguments or don't have any good ones to begin with.

Some of their attitudes toward women (like some MRAs) seems like a male version of the really bad man-hating feminism. They just say hateful things about women instead. They make themselves out to be victims of a society and legal system biased toward women. Or they want to avoid marriage to avoid being victims. Some of the ones who want to sleep around and not marry to avoid paying child support seem to be ignorant of the fact that dads who never get married can end up paying child support, too.

I think a man can choose to remain celibate and never get married. That's fine with me. I just don't know why these men would want to recruit other men, especially if they are doing so at stirring up hatred between the genders. The feminist movement stirred up a lot of strife between the genders. We should try to heal that, not make men into women-haters to get the feminists back.

MGTOW as a movement as a response to an unfair legal system also does not fix the problem. Why shouldn't men take leadership and work on the legal and social problems?

I enjoy having a wife who I can hang out with is a regular sex partner. I wanted kids and I've got them now. I don't want my social activity at home limited to interacting with a dog, a cat, or a goldfish. Why should I have let the legal systems or character problems of millions of women keep me from finding an attractive decent, responsible woman? Why would I be required to 'get back' at the social ills caused by feminism by being bitter toward women and living a life of celibacy or sleeping with prostitutes?

A lot of the MGTOWs seemed to make fear-motivated choices, avoiding marriage for fear of getting a divorce. Why would i let fear keep me from enjoying my life. They say marriage costs money. True, it does. But what good does having money if you don't enjoy the other aspects of your life to the fullest? The ones who pick up girls or hire prostitutes have to spend money on them, and they'd probably have a lot less 'activity' doing it that way than being married to a woman who takes care of her man.

If a man wants to live single, that's fine. But why recruit followers?
Just curious - what's your story? Where did you end up and what's your life like now?