How Far will the #ME-TOO movement go?

Discuss Anti-Feminism, Men's Rights, and Misandry (hatred of men in America).
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

There are so many accusations flying around, of men sexually harassing women, that it seems to me as if all male initiation will be deemed as sexual harassment.

Men hitting on women, which was considered normal behavior, now can be deemed sexual harassment in almost any context.

Basically, it seems as if it is wrong to chase after women, and any man doing that, is really endangering his reputation.

At some point because of all the accusations, some people might conclude that the opposite gender is simply too dangerous to interact with, if they have not already concluded that.

This all just makes me wonder, if these are just more signs of the end of days. Gender relations are being destroyed. Every man will start to wonder if later on in the future the woman he's currently talking to will change her mind and accuse him. This could potentially shut down heterosexual relations between the genders.

This actually happened to me a few years ago.

There are so many hurdles in place between men and women today. It's hard just to connect, and it is very likely to spread throughout the world.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How Far will the #ME-TOO movement go?

Post by Adama »

In fact, I think it will destroy many of the male feminists who are its proponents. The left leaning men who are all for destroying the lives of other men with allegations, even though many of them have law degrees and are intelligent, are somehow unaware that things are so slippery, and the definitions are so vague, that they themselves have probably offended some woman, or multiple women, in the past by pursuing them.

And if it were possible to put the shoe on the other foot (which is not possible), we would discover that many women also are offenders and sexual harassers against men.

I do remember married women at work asking me if I had a girlfriend, and other women doing things to me at work, even bullying me for an answer as to whether or not I was involved with a woman, that if our genders had been reversed, it would be considered sexual harassment. I never made any complaints.

However I had a complaint lodged against me for normal things. Not because I was aggressive, but because I lost interest in her, which offended her ego, but she did not succeed.

Basically they are going to turn every woman into a victim and vilify every man.

This is going to be an interesting time to live in, as the Chinese proverb says, because many men will be ruined by evil women. This age must be the female sociopath's dream.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Adama wrote:
May 18th, 2018, 1:19 pm
However I had a complaint lodged against me for normal things. Not because I was aggressive, but because I lost interest in her, which offended her ego, but she did not succeed.

Basically they are going to turn every woman into a victim and vilify every man.
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

All women are not evil. Lighten up.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

TruthSeeker wrote:
May 18th, 2018, 9:18 pm
All women are not evil. Lighten up.
Sorry, but about my experience with women....

I never met any nice woman towards me in Western countries, never made it up even to a girlfriend for 30 minutes.

However in Far East/South East Asia I never had any dating problem.
I think, there are clearly differences, depending on the region, what women expect from men.

It is true of course that not all women are evil, the question remains however 'how do you know who is and who is not'.

I can only say, in Western countries the possibility that you fail totally to meet a suitable partner or to meet the wrong type of woman is very high.

Another point is about how many Western women, while not 'evil' towards you, have a life-style of low morality, which includes drug abuse, alcohol, many boyfriends, so many what you will have to line up - personally I am not into sharing... and I do not like the idea to find a woman and to face at the same time serious troubles like female violence or unpaid loans etc. etc.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I was referring to the atmosphere of a toxic environment, in which both genders are afraid of the other.

One of two things will happen: either accusations will start to be seen as a joke because so many women make accusations over small matters, or men will become increasing apprehensive around women.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Adama wrote:
May 18th, 2018, 12:59 pm
There are so many accusations flying around, of men sexually harassing women, that it seems to me as if all male initiation will be deemed as sexual harassment.
At some point because of all the accusations, some people might conclude that the opposite gender is simply too dangerous to interact with, if they have not already concluded that.
It makes sense to check about WHERE this possible 'sexual harassment' takes place.

Personally I found the most dangerous place for men is while doing your regular job working together with women in all Western countries. -

I can only advice every man to refrain from any personal remarks at the workplace. Say 'good morning' when you enter the office and 'good bye' when going home.

I know it is frustrating as a man if you cannot go ahead with any nice conversation with somebody sitting next to you, but it is about your job and your reputation and keep this always in mind. No employer is much willing to assist you as a male employee in any Western country in case you find yourself in trouble.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Yohan wrote:
May 18th, 2018, 10:19 pm
Adama wrote:
It makes sense to check about WHERE this possible 'sexual harassment' takes place.

Personally I found the most dangerous place for men is while doing your regular job working together with women in all Western countries. -

I can only advice every man to refrain from any personal remarks at the workplace. Say 'good morning' when you enter the office and 'good bye' when going home.

I know it is frustrating as a man if you cannot go ahead with any nice conversation with somebody sitting next to you, but it is about your job and your reputation and keep this always in mind. No employer is much willing to assist you as a male employee in any Western country in case you find yourself in trouble.
Oh I completely agree.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

In other words, just as a significant portion of men refuse to get married because of its pitfalls in the courts, likewise, it may come to be that, many men will avoid interacting with women on any level, for fear of having their lives ruined by a false accusation of sexual harassment.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Adama wrote:

Men hitting on women, which was considered normal behavior, now can be deemed sexual harassment in almost any context.

This is very true, what was once considered normal male behavior (men pursuing women) is now seen as "predatory behavior."

Adama wrote:

This all just makes me wonder, if these are just more signs of the end of days. Gender relations are being destroyed. Every man will start to wonder if later on in the future the woman he's currently talking to will change her mind and accuse him. This could potentially shut down heterosexual relations between the genders.

This actually happened to me a few years ago.

There are so many hurdles in place between men and women today. It's hard just to connect, and it is very likely to spread throughout the world.

With the Me Too movement trying to make it look like all men are predators, more and more men are starting to realize that it's dangerous to interact with women. One of the consequences of the Me Too movement it that the MGTOW community is going to increase like gangbusters in America and other countries (UK, Canada, Australia).
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Adama wrote:
May 19th, 2018, 9:59 am
In other words, just as a significant portion of men refuse to get married because of its pitfalls in the courts, likewise, it may come to be that, many men will avoid interacting with women on any level, for fear of having their lives ruined by a false accusation of sexual harassment.
If you ask me how and where to interact with 'normal' women, I find the first contact is the most difficult one. Where to go? How to begin? In Western countries honestly I don't know.

Working place is clearly out of question. Social media is risky and full with fakes and false information. I was never a disco-fan either, I feel disturbed by loud music, alcohol and smoking. To find a woman and to enjoy a first intelligent undisturbed conversation in a quiet environment with her is very difficult.

Marriage was originally about a woman who is transferred away from her family into another family who had a son. It was about a long-term connection between a man and a woman to create a new family - with children.

Today it is not only about biased decisions of courts - the meaning of marriage is totally distorted.

Marriage means 'nothing' today.

Single women are creating a 'family' using sperm banks, women marry women, men marry men and adopt boys, girls often still minors have sex with plenty of boyfriends they met somewhere and are getting pregnant and no idea who is the father - but anyway abortion is the solution, girls as young as 11 y/o are known to receive contraceptives from the school nurse and their parents (more likely single mothers, no father known) are legally not even allowed to be informed. Pregnant women after testing the gender of the foetus decide for 'gender-specific abortion... etc. etc.

As there is a huge financial risk and also the risk of sexual harassment claims in case a man marries an unknown woman, a considerable number of marriages is on the brink of incest with marriages between relatives - and I am sure you can continue this list... I am sure I missed to mention this or that.

Show me a single small advantage in the Western world for a man if he decides to marry. I don't know one - not even the slightest reason nowadays to get married.

You might expect the easiest way to a successful marriage could be with a local woman coming from another family next to you as you should share a similar way of life-style since you were born. Same language, same race, same religious moral values, similar education background.

However in so-called Western countries this is not the case anymore.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Yohan wrote:
May 19th, 2018, 9:57 pm
Adama wrote:
May 19th, 2018, 9:59 am
If you ask me how and where to interact with 'normal' women, I find the first contact is the most difficult one. Where to go? How to begin? In Western countries honestly I don't know.

Working place is clearly out of question. Social media is risky and full with fakes and false information. I was never a disco-fan either, I feel disturbed by loud music, alcohol and smoking. To find a woman and to enjoy a first intelligent undisturbed conversation in a quiet environment with her is very difficult.
As I think back, most of the women I met at clubs were predators, out to use me or abuse me.

I also don't see the point of loud music which makes it hard to talk, disgusting smoked filled rooms, and alcohol which leads to impaired decision making. In addition to that, it is usually very, very dark in those places, as if they think vision is unimportant. And then there is spending money for no good reason.

Clubs are a good place for people who are attention seekers who can never get enough, or for people who are users. It is not really a place to meet good women.

In fact, I think any woman who goes to clubs on a regular basis must be avoided. To me, that is as bad as any other vice. A woman who is a club addict is not suitable for me, and probably most women who go to clubs are addicted to going, for the attention they get from men.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I forgot to mention 'Marry yourself' -

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41413297
Italy woman marries herself in 'fairytale without prince'
27 September 2017

"My happiness does not depend" on a man, says Laura Mesi, who claims to be the first Italian woman to join a worldwide trend for solo weddings

An Italian woman has married herself in a ceremony complete with white dress, three-layer wedding cake, bridesmaids and 70 guests.

"I firmly believe that each of us must first of all love ourselves," said Laura Mesi, a 40-year-old fitness trainer. "You can have a fairytale even without the prince."

The ceremony carries no legal weight.

But Ms Mesi is part of a growing trend for self-marriage - dubbed "sologamy" - in countries around the world.

Proponents of such ceremonies say it is about self-love and acceptance, and claiming the social affirmation normally reserved for couples who wed.

Laura says the idea of a solo wedding came to her two years ago, after a 12-year relationship ended.

To plan a solo wedding, Ms Mesi says you need money, support from those around you - and above all a "pinch of madness"
"I told friends and family that if I had not found my soul-mate by my 40th birthday I would marry myself," she told La Repubblica newspaper.

"If one day I find a man with whom I can plan a future I'll be happy, but my happiness does not depend on him."

Ms Mesi says she is the first Italian woman to hold a solo ceremony. In May, a man, Nello Ruggiero, said "yes" to himself in a ceremony in Naples.

In Japan, a travel agency began offering bridal ceremonies for single women in 2014.

Reports of people marrying themselves go as far back as 1993. It has spawned a number of books and been a theme of episodes of Sex and the City and Glee.

In the US, a website called I Married Me offers self-wedding kits. In Canada, an agency called Marry Yourself Vancouver which has been running for more than a year attributes the rise in solo weddings to the growing numbers of single people.

Watermelon celebrates Laura Mesi's status as a "single spouse"
"Single is the new normal. Celebrate your solo status!" it urges.

But not everyone welcomes the trend, with some calling it narcissistic, and others criticising it as a pointless submission to a patriarchal institution.

Among the congratulatory comments left on Ms Mesi's wedding photos are others: "So sad", "you're out of your mind" and "there's something wrong with your brain".

Last month, British self-wedder Sophie Tanner told BBC Three some people called her "a sad feminist".

Ms Mesi has brushed off the catty comments, saying "nothing and no-one can turn off my smile".

But in media interviews she acknowledges that solo weddings might not be for everyone. To marry yourself, she says, you need a certain amount of money, the support of those around you, and - above all - "a pinch of madness".
https://metro.co.uk/2017/10/25/woman-wh ... f-7026942/
Woman who married herself gives in to temptation and cheats on herself

25 Oct 2017 4:15 pm

There’s trouble in paradise for Sophie Tanner, the woman who married herself. It turns out that, a mere two years after Sophie vowed to love and honour herself ’til death do her part, she has cheated on herself.

Sophie ended up having an affair (of sorts) with Ruari Barrett, a polyamorist who was apparently monogamous while going out with Sophie. They were together for five months. Despite it not working out with Ruari, something obviously struck a chord with him because he ended up marrying himself too – and claims to have given up polyamory for good.

Sophie told Amanda Holden on ITV’s This Morning that self-marriage isn’t about never being with anyone else, however – it’s about ‘self-love’.

The guy she cheated with married himself as well ‘It’s saying that self-compassion and self-care is as important as romantic relationships,’ she said. ‘It doesn’t mean you’re rejecting all other meaningful relationships in your life and becoming a nun forevermore. It means you’re rejecting bad relationships.

‘If only there were more self-love in the world, we wouldn’t need ceremonies like this. ‘This is a statement which looks to raise the profile of self-love, saying it’s as important as romantic love and doing it as a formal ceremony as anyone else would have a wedding.’ Asked if divorce would ever be on the cards, Sophie said: ‘Marrying yourself is a lifelong commitment to be responsible for your own happiness, so divorce is not an option.’
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Thanks to the #MeToo movement, men are less likely to hire women. Also, men who do have to work with women are more likely to avoid any kind of interactions with women (except for business related matters).

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
fdiv
Freshman Poster

Post by fdiv »

Adama wrote:
May 18th, 2018, 10:13 pm
I was referring to the atmosphere of a toxic environment, in which both genders are afraid of the other.

One of two things will happen: either accusations will start to be seen as a joke because so many women make accusations over small matters, or men will become increasing apprehensive around women.
Generally in any legal area, where a trend becomes so big it consumes too large a share of the court system's time, there will be some change. It could be minor or even some major ruling that basically is clear that the court system is saying "we don't want to deal with this".

But, I don't think it's likely to see that with false accusations/mobbing. #Metoo is just really a direct spiritual descendant of the divorce court system. "Destroy a mans life and seize all wealth because he dared to get married" has morphed into "destroy a mans life and seize all his wealth simply because he exists". Kind of like the "war on drugs", "anti money laundering", "anti-terror", and so on. However "#me-too" is just a more generic type of all those witch-hunts because not even the slightest pretext of any evidence has to exist -- only hearsay from harpies!

That being said, it's interesting to note who has been a target for false accusation mobbing -- mostly rich celebrities. You know we are always told such and such celebrity is worth so many millions. I always wondered how they paid these famous actors. A big $20 million dollar check after doing a movie? Well, after learning some things about payments, money and credit, I realized such a thing is silly. No, they likely have some form of IOUs and such with the studio, brokered through their agent. Well, THERE is an incentive for legally damning false accusation campaign.

Anyway, your question is where it ends? I think the types of men you will never see accused:

FBI, DEA, and especially BATFE agents. Federal Judges. IRS agents.
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
options abroad: limitless 8)