Why do many of you act like savage hyenas?! Sheesh!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

Odbo, the STFU was not from me to anyone else. Lol. It is part of the paragraph written in Jean twenge's book. Just wanted to clarify.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Re: Why do many of you act like savage hyenas?! Sheesh!

Post by Jackal »

Winston wrote: Be mindful of your actions, as Buddhism and the Jedis say, you dumbasses!
Your speech is also one of your volitional actions and Buddhists try to be mindful of that as well. Cursing people is a negative action which brings negative results.

One of the fundamental statements of Buddism is "Life is suffering." Ordinary life is always suffering in one form or another, and all compound phenomena are impermanent. So when everything is going well, you should be cautious because you know that everything could go bad very shortly. Similarly, when things are going really badly, you can think about how things will eventually improve. Such an outlook leads to having more equanimity.

And when you are angry, you can think about all the other people in the world who are also suffering because they are angry the way you are and try to feel compassion for them. If you want to receive empathy, you should first learn to feel empathy for others.
Winston wrote:You gotta understand that when people vent, they are not looking for advice. If any of you guys had experience with women, you'd know that. When women vent, they are looking for a listener, sympathy and acknowledgement of their feelings, not stupid bad advice!
Then why don't you just do what women do: keep a diary ("Dear diary, OMG, I am, like, SO pissed off today...") and don't post that stuff here. When you post these things here, it's inevitable that you will get some responses that you don't like. That's just the nature of a public forum.
Truthville
Freshman Poster

Post by Truthville »

Oh steve55?

Not to start a war with you or anything BUT you lose ALL credibility when you post statements like this:

" And for the record, I don't think there is anything wrong with you at all."

Really? And then you go on to post some drivel about the American Culture while not being perceptive enough to realize that Winston embodies MANY of the same traits your piece rails against?

Remember this little quote in your piece?

"There is an anger and verbal aggression against someone who dares to disagree."

Hmm....kind of sounds like the ORIGINAL POST FROM WINSTON!

Since most of the people living "HappierAbroad" have left or leaving, I'm going to do the same. I really probably didn't add much to this place BUT I did enjoy reading all the informative posts.

One last thing. Go to ANY major city in the US and find the part the locals term a "ghetto." What ARE THE things that are sadly common threads in these places? NO FATHERS! LACK OF RESPONSIBILTY! UNEARNED ARROGANCE AND SICKENING NARICCISM! It kind of sounds like the P.I. doesn't it? And it also sounds like a certain clueless site operater, doesn't it?

You can take the boy out of America BUT you can't take THE America out of the BOY!

Good Luck to you all!

TruthVille