Could some White men have it even worse than Asian men?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Could some White men have it even worse than Asian men?

Post by Yohan »

I cannot confirm that a white foreigner is worse or better off than any Asian foreigner when visiting Thailand, Philippines or any other Asian country I know for tourism, business, retirement or otherwise long-stay. -

The only exception I know is maybe about an Asian-American man of Chinese origin, as many mainland Chinese women openly prefer overseas Chinese to any other foreign man for a long term relationship. Don't ask me why.

In my case, Japan, I was always able to earn enough money for us, my wife was busy with 2 children, and later on with elderly care of my father and her parents. She rarely worked outside our house, only when I was one time seriously ill, one time when fighting for my salary in a corrupt workplace for 8 months, and when my children entered university to help to cover some bills.

It was always clear to us that I will try my best to earn money as my priority, and my wife will look after the family as her priority.

Now our children are grown up, all parents of us are dead, and my wife can have some rest, finally. Now we are both 60+ and I have 2 years more for retirement - yes, we have now a better financial position than a few years ago, but we were accustomed to it and could live with that.

What this might have to do if I am white or Asian, I don't know, I see no difference. It's somewhat an US-thing to bring up the 'race-card' about all and everything.

About to marry down or up, we never had such a discussion, as we both were of almost same age, not really poor but also far away from being rich when we were young.