TV, I hate it!!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
OTB
Freshman Poster

TV, I hate it!!

Post by OTB »

This is something else I've been meaning to get to. My disdain for TV. I just hate it with a PASSION. TV is worshiped in this country. I have a flat screen TV but I only watch DVDs on it and I rarely do that. So it just sits there. I want to sell it. But anyway, I get depressed when looking at it. For example, when I go to my mom's house we always watch TV while sitting in the living room and I literally get restless and depressed every time. TV rules people's lives.

How do people sit in front of that thing for hours and feel comfortable? My mindset does not vibe with that thing at all. I get restless and depressed because I feel like my time could be used to do something else more important and satisfying like sharpening my Spanish, writing, working out, reading, etc. I prefer to use my personal free time to learn and engage in personal development. Screw wasting time on something that is of no benefit to me nor does it add any value to my life. TV is worthless and a waste of time.

This is all that my co-workers talk about....TV; movies and TV shows. It's such a mind debilitating activity. One thing that makes my blood boil about this culture is if you don't have a TV you're looked at like your some kind of freak.

I could live a 500 years and never have the desire to watch TV. All I need is the internet and documentaries. I feel like movies are a waste of time also. But I'm selective with them.

Does anyone not have a TV? I'm curious.
Introvert
Freshman Poster

Post by Introvert »

The one TV that I have has not been plugged in since 2004. There's a TV in the break room at work. When I'm in there by myself, I turn it off.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

That's good. You're better off with it off or unplugged.
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

It's really good to know that there are others here like me who hate TV. I feel like I can't admit it to anyone else in RL because I feel like I will be crucified :cry:

Like you, I only really use my TV for DVD's, and to play Japanese made video games. (American games, like American TV, just don't appeal to me)

Once the tethered to your TV game consoles go the way of the Moa (and they will.... mark my words) then there will be absolutely no need for a TV in my life at all.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

I hate the Jew box. I love watching football of course, but only that. When people are fed a fake reality on a screen 6+ hours a day, they begin to rapidly lose the ability to differentiate real reality from delusion. I genuinely believe that if there was no television, the West would be a much saner and better place to live.

When my friend was put in a mental institution due to cannabis-induced psychosis, I visited him every day. There was a gym and a garden area, yet not one person would use them. Everyone just crowded around the television in a constant state of hypnosis watching it. Locking mentally ill people up, drugging them and putting them in front of a device that confuses them is the last thing that will make them better. If people are using TV as a perverse form of meditation, why not look to teach them real meditation instead? There were suicide attempts daily, and I personally witnessed several people's breakdowns. That was a glimpse into the severe end of the spectrum, but really the same thing is happening with the general public on a smaller scale. When television first became widely available, people thought it was a great form of entertainment but they could not yet comprehend the down-side of it. Now we can clearly see it is having a detrimental affect on people's behavior and mental health, yet any mentioning of that fact is suppressed because keeping people in a delusional state is profitable and beneficial to government; it makes people worship their slave-masters and despise themselves and their fellow slaves.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

We used to use the TV to watch DVDs, but since we now watch movies through Amazon, we no longer use the TV. We, meaning my family. No TV was one of my conditions for marriage.
ExpeditionSailor
Freshman Poster

Re: TV, I hate it!!

Post by ExpeditionSailor »

OTB wrote:This is something else I've been meaning to get to. My disdain for TV. I just hate it with a PASSION. TV is worshiped in this country. I have a flat screen TV but I only watch DVDs on it and I rarely do that. So it just sits there. I want to sell it. But anyway, I get depressed when looking at it. For example, when I go to my mom's house we always watch TV while sitting in the living room and I literally get restless and depressed every time. TV rules people's lives.

How do people sit in front of that thing for hours and feel comfortable? My mindset does not vibe with that thing at all. I get restless and depressed because I feel like my time could be used to do something else more important and satisfying like sharpening my Spanish, writing, working out, reading, etc. I prefer to use my personal free time to learn and engage in personal development. Screw wasting time on something that is of no benefit to me nor does it add any value to my life. TV is worthless and a waste of time.

This is all that my co-workers talk about....TV; movies and TV shows. It's such a mind debilitating activity. One thing that makes my blood boil about this culture is if you don't have a TV you're looked at like your some kind of freak.

I could live a 500 years and never have the desire to watch TV. All I need is the internet and documentaries. I feel like movies are a waste of time also. But I'm selective with them.

I have a TV - a big 53" Panasonic rear projection set that I never use. I look upon it as an artifact of my failed marriage. I'm just like you in that I have no use for TV. Give me the Internet, quality movies, and documentaries that don't try to dumb me down, lie to me, spoon-feed me information or treat me like a dolt, then I'm happy.

I find I experience the same problem as you - I'm looked upon as a freak because I don't watch TV. I find I can't relate to a lot of people because I don't watch the idiotic shows they do. There was a time when TV wasn't half bad as an entertainment and information medium - but that was forty or fifty years ago.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

TV's only purpose is watching movies on Netflix; and even that is something you could utilize on your PC or laptop. I sold my TV (or rather my 24'' 60lb paperweight) last summer and I haven't looked back. Now the only TV I watch are the family TV(s) when I am watching a movie. There is so much misandry on television these days, it's almost obvious that TV is for the old, the broken down, and feminists.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
dreamer82
Freshman Poster

American TV Sucks!

Post by dreamer82 »

Public TV can have some good travel or science stuff but they are cutting it back. I hate all TV except LA Dodger games with Vin Scully and Korean soap operas that have English subtitles. The Koreans are cute.
FREEDOM1
Freshman Poster

Re: TV, I hate it!!

Post by FREEDOM1 »

OTB wrote:This is something else I've been meaning to get to. My disdain for TV. I just hate it with a PASSION. TV is worshiped in this country. I have a flat screen TV but I only watch DVDs on it and I rarely do that. So it just sits there. I want to sell it. But anyway, I get depressed when looking at it. For example, when I go to my mom's house we always watch TV while sitting in the living room and I literally get restless and depressed every time. TV rules people's lives.

Yes i do not have a tv, i hate tv - its just a brainwashing propganda tool
PrisonerOfLife
Freshman Poster

Post by PrisonerOfLife »

TV is a mechanism for corporate brainwashing and conformity. It has zero interactivity because when you watch the programming, your brain becomes a sponge for whatever message is forced upon you. How many people, do you suppose, are addicted to certain TV shows but cannot even describe a basic synopsis of a series's storyline/plot? Probably the majority of them, because their brain is doing nothing of value when watching these programs.

Why anyone would value TV over another type of more dynamic entertainment is beyond me.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

I f***ing HATE television!

A lack of a set in my current house? Forget about it! Every god-damned day of the week, you can catch the latest pop-culture synthetic crap (American Idol, America's Got Talent, Desperate Housewives, etc) to be blasted at a volume of at lest 70.

I'll admit, I do a bit of the black screen, but only because: A) there are few good gems out there, and B) I usually don't have or run out of constructive shit to do. And I'm going to work on that, believe me. But ask me about who went on to the next round in American Idol. I couldn't tell you because I don't know.

TV, and even the internet, has turned Western folks into . . . idiots. It's like people aren't intelligent anymore. I'm through with talking about "that show last night", or "how hot this person is". I'm living my life; that of others isn't shit to me. That's one of the down-sides to TV -- it pulls you into the false lives of others. Makes me sick.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

Proud to say I quit watching TV twelve years ago.

While in the US I had a DVD/TV combo for watching movies. Now I have nothing, only a Mac for an occassional itunes movie.

My decision to cease TV a decade ago was simple; it's a brainwashing tool.
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster

Post by Iawesome60 »

I admit, I still watch TV. I mostly watch ESPN, and sports. When I studied abroad in Canada, I did not watch TV as much. The only times I watched TV there were during the NFL playoffs, and some of the places I went to with my friends.
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)
Greetercb
Freshman Poster

Both Pan Am & Mad Men.

Post by Greetercb »

The Only Two Good T.V. shows on Nowadays is both Pan Am ( Although it is already Canceled by ABC But Amazon Might Pick it up for a Second season. Keep Your Fingers Crossed.)

And Also Mad Men.

IMHO ABC was Very stupid to Cancel Pan Am Like that & Replaced it with Garbage
Like GCB even though GCB is Now Cancelled Too By ABC.

Again ABC was Very Stupid to Cancel Pan Am Like That. :evil: