Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Why you SHOULDN'T go abroad...

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Post Reply
Andrewww
Freshman Poster
Posts: 432
Joined: June 12th, 2012, 5:51 am

Why you SHOULDN'T go abroad...

Post by Andrewww » June 12th, 2012, 6:27 am

Alright hear me out on this. I was born in Eastern Europe (Romania to be more precise) as a poor child in a poor family. I remember days when eating an orange was like a holiday. In fact, soft drinks, sweets and exotic fruits were common presents at children's birthdays. A trip to McDonald's was something memorable...yeah we were that poor.
My parents are the most wonderful people I know, they've been hapily together for 25 years and they made great efforts and sacrifices to immigrate to Canada and offer me opportunities I would never have.
However, there are some things that Winston said to which I can relate. I've never felt quite at home in this country and I've had trouble meeting quality women but in life you can't have it all.
Now I recently spent 1 year in my home country so I believe I can explain some things and dispell certain "myths" that Winston prophetizes so fiercely relating to dating and life abroad in general.

First things first, women and dating...Canada vs Eastern Europe (I've travelled to most countries in that area such as Bulgary, Serbia, Hungary but not Poland unfortunately). There really isn't a huge difference. Attractive women will still fall for the jocks and the bad boys, even though most of them are piss-poor. As a new comer (from another country such as USA or Canada) you will have a slight advantage over the locals and you can open up with a couple more interesting discussion subjects (about your experience abroad) but women generally won't fall at your feet ready to suck your cock. They're not as happy go easy as you think. They have their own lives and problems. While a Canadian woman will be concerned with what cellphone to purchase next, the Romanians will have to think about how to pay rent...They will complain a lot and tell you that you have it so easy. They crave for the materialistic lifestyle of the west and more and more embrace it fully as a small middle class is taking shape. On the other hand, you will definitely find more women interested in long term relationships but you have to put a lot of work in convincing them that you're not solely after sex. My experience in Canada has been limited as most females I've been with would only think about who to sleep next, they had no plans to settle down.

So before you move somewhere, please don't sell you house, don't divorce your wife and don't quit your job. First go spend 2 or 3 months there and don't stay at a 5 star hotel, try to live as the locals and you'll realize how easy people have it in the West.

That's why I wanna arrive to my second point. I have a friend in Canada that works 3 days a week at a manual labor job and the rest of the time he plays video games and poker online. He lives in a small apartment and doesn't go out much but the moral of the story is that he can choose to do this. It's not hard to live as a bum or hippie or Greenpeace treehugger in the West. However, imagine living with your parents until you're 30 (or even after your marriage) in Romania. Imagine studying like crazy in university, living in dorms with 3-4 people and then finding out that there are no jobs available in your field. Basically, people are much poorer and suffer more on a daily basis. Sure I might've gotten more p***y back in Eastern Europe (and that's not even certain) but I would've never been accomplished professionally. That's why I'd advice everyone to make use of their brains instead of their dicks and not jump on the expat bandwagon without careful consideration.

CheezeRaider
Freshman Poster
Posts: 92
Joined: April 28th, 2011, 6:50 am

Post by CheezeRaider » June 12th, 2012, 6:47 am

I fully understand where your coming from. To tell you the truth, there is no way in hell was I ready to expat even 2 years ago. But there are good number of us who thrive in the expat world.

Good number of us have a professional career and make good money in the expat lane. expiating isn't for everyone.

My personal oppinion; Expiating is for people who are adventurous, able to think outside of the box, and not satisfied with just living.

Like anything else in life, nothing is guaranteed in life. But you have the right and should have the freedom to persue your happiness. The level of everyone's success varies depending on how smartly they go about it. But you can do it and regret, or never do anything about it and regret. Everyone needs to make their own individual choices. And find their own way of life.

Repatriate
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2533
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 7:39 pm

Post by Repatriate » June 12th, 2012, 7:58 am

Good post but one thing you're not taking into consideration is that as expats we're living a completely different life that is not really comparable with the locals in any country we go to unless course it's also a developed country. I realize that locals have it hard in most of these countries but the whole point is to have an edge wherever you are in life. This doesn't make exploiting others but carving a niche for yourself where you can live peacefully and happily.

In the western world..the U.S. in particular there is little incentive to eke out a middle class existence or start a life state side. This is especially true if women are so ruined that it's impossible to find that other half to progress to the next stage in starting a family. I think a lot of American men..many who are good..are doomed to a lonely existence or sacrificing for a low caliber woman.

Women and marriage is just an important aspect of life and unfortunately the U.S. is a desert in this regard. It's well worth investing in a life overseas especially now that the balance is dramatically shifting more towards Asia.

OutsideoftheBox
Freshman Poster
Posts: 241
Joined: May 31st, 2012, 1:57 am

Why he shouldn't join posting BS.

Post by OutsideoftheBox » June 12th, 2012, 10:03 am

Andrewww wrote:Alright hear me out on this. I was born in Eastern Europe (Romania to be more precise) as a poor child in a poor family. I remember days when eating an orange was like a holiday. In fact, soft drinks, sweets and exotic fruits were common presents at children's birthdays. A trip to McDonald's was something memorable...yeah we were that poor.
My parents are the most wonderful people I know, they've been hapily together for 25 years and they made great efforts and sacrifices to immigrate to Canada and offer me opportunities I would never have.
However, there are some things that Winston said to which I can relate. I've never felt quite at home in this country and I've had trouble meeting quality women but in life you can't have it all.
Now I recently spent 1 year in my home country so I believe I can explain some things and dispell certain "myths" that Winston prophetizes so fiercely relating to dating and life abroad in general.

First things first, women and dating...Canada vs Eastern Europe (I've travelled to most countries in that area such as Bulgary, Serbia, Hungary but not Poland unfortunately). There really isn't a huge difference. Attractive women will still fall for the jocks and the bad boys, even though most of them are piss-poor. As a new comer (from another country such as USA or Canada) you will have a slight advantage over the locals and you can open up with a couple more interesting discussion subjects (about your experience abroad) but women generally won't fall at your feet ready to suck your cock. They're not as happy go easy as you think. They have their own lives and problems. While a Canadian woman will be concerned with what cellphone to purchase next, the Romanians will have to think about how to pay rent...They will complain a lot and tell you that you have it so easy. They crave for the materialistic lifestyle of the west and more and more embrace it fully as a small middle class is taking shape. On the other hand, you will definitely find more women interested in long term relationships but you have to put a lot of work in convincing them that you're not solely after sex. My experience in Canada has been limited as most females I've been with would only think about who to sleep next, they had no plans to settle down.

So before you move somewhere, please don't sell you house, don't divorce your wife and don't quit your job. First go spend 2 or 3 months there and don't stay at a 5 star hotel, try to live as the locals and you'll realize how easy people have it in the West.

That's why I wanna arrive to my second point. I have a friend in Canada that works 3 days a week at a manual labor job and the rest of the time he plays video games and poker online. He lives in a small apartment and doesn't go out much but the moral of the story is that he can choose to do this. It's not hard to live as a bum or hippie or Greenpeace treehugger in the West. However, imagine living with your parents until you're 30 (or even after your marriage) in Romania. Imagine studying like crazy in university, living in dorms with 3-4 people and then finding out that there are no jobs available in your field. Basically, people are much poorer and suffer more on a daily basis. Sure I might've gotten more p***y back in Eastern Europe (and that's not even certain) but I would've never been accomplished professionally. That's why I'd advice everyone to make use of their brains instead of their dicks and not jump on the expat bandwagon without careful consideration.
Honestly how many times is some mangina, or female, going to join (See Andreww's ONE post) and try to dissuade men from getting the f**k up out of America?

It won't work clowns. America is finished.

fschmidt
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2587
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 9:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Why you SHOULDN'T go abroad...

Post by fschmidt » June 12th, 2012, 5:57 pm

Andrewww wrote:On the other hand, you will definitely find more women interested in long term relationships but you have to put a lot of work in convincing them that you're not solely after sex. My experience in Canada has been limited as most females I've been with would only think about who to sleep next, they had no plans to settle down.
And this is why you SHOULD go abroad to look for a wife.

Andrewww
Freshman Poster
Posts: 432
Joined: June 12th, 2012, 5:51 am

Re: Why you SHOULDN'T go abroad...

Post by Andrewww » June 13th, 2012, 2:58 am

CheezeRaider wrote:I fully understand where your coming from. To tell you the truth, there is no way in hell was I ready to expat even 2 years ago. But there are good number of us who thrive in the expat world.

Good number of us have a professional career and make good money in the expat lane. expiating isn't for everyone.

My personal oppinion; Expiating is for people who are adventurous, able to think outside of the box, and not satisfied with just living.

Like anything else in life, nothing is guaranteed in life. But you have the right and should have the freedom to persue your happiness. The level of everyone's success varies depending on how smartly they go about it. But you can do it and regret, or never do anything about it and regret. Everyone needs to make their own individual choices. And find their own way of life.
Well yeah, if you make good money as an expat (while being happy at it) then it's a win win situation but when doctors are leaving the country because they're not well paid you better be a good entrepreneur... Third world countries have their share of educated people who can't find work.
OutsideoftheBox wrote:
Honestly how many times is some mangina, or female, going to join (See Andreww's ONE post) and try to dissuade men from getting the f**k up out of America?

It won't work clowns. America is finished.
Well my situation applies to any developed country whether we're talking about America, Australia, England or Canada. They're all f'ed up in many ways but don't expect to hit gold abroad. I'm not some feminazi, in fact if I never had to work a day in my life I'd go back to my home country asap.
fschmidt wrote: And this is why you SHOULD go abroad to look for a wife.
Going abroad with the specific purpose to find a wife (and returning to the US) is a different thing. I'm talking about people who wanna settle abroad.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Rants and Raves”