Observations from a female immigrant in the US!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

jamesbond wrote:Women in America are treated like queens and yet they still complain about "not being equal with men." I do sometimes see women in their 40's who are fat and ugly dating good looking guys who are in their 20's! WTF? :shock:
Guys in their 20s will shtup many things.
But, they aren't going anywhere near MARRYING fat, unattractive, 40+ year olds, unless she has a WHOLE lot of (her ex's) cash. :razz:

Women spend their youth doing what their looks allow them to get away with plus what they think men do -- later, they complain of not getting the results they expected.
http://dalrock.wordpress.com/2013/03/12 ... ment-75081
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Meeting girls in America goes something like this:

In Jr high and High school, it's OK to just go up to the girl at the mall or local library and chat her up.

In college, going up to random girls at the mall to chat them up becomes iffy, but you can still hit up girls at the school cafeteria/dining hall, school library, dorms, etc.

After college, you're tossed into the ocean without a life vest -- sink or swim on your own, good luck. Some will find lifelines through professional organizations or sociable coworkers. Others will end up at clubs/bars. If you struck out badly, you can always buy a plane ticket and go abroad.
camila
Freshman Poster

Post by camila »

BlueEverglades wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:Thank you so much for posting this. Sometimes I just need the inspiration. I want to do better by my future children ad raise them in a normal society.
Good for you, then start taking action as soon as you can and whatever you do stay away from Florida, are there any other females who are absolutely fed up like me? Im really at my wits end here...
Hi BlueEverglades,

I am so happy that there are other females out there who see the truth! I completely agree with all you have said, and I am female. I also live in Florida, by the way. In Miami of all places, horrible place to be! Thank you for posting this, it really brings me joy to see I'm not the only female tired of this society.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

momopi wrote:Meeting girls in America goes something like this:

In Jr high and High school, it's OK to just go up to the girl at the mall or local library and chat her up.

In college, going up to random girls at the mall to chat them up becomes iffy, but you can still hit up girls at the school cafeteria/dining hall, school library, dorms, etc.

After college, you're tossed into the ocean without a life vest -- sink or swim on your own, good luck. Some will find lifelines through professional organizations or sociable coworkers. Others will end up at clubs/bars. If you struck out badly, you can always buy a plane ticket and go abroad.
Winston said he did everything humanly possible to meet girls when he was living in the US. He tried online dating, taking dance and cooking classes, doing volunteer work, being an extra in movies, going to meetup.com groups and asking girls out in shopping malls and cafes.

When all of that failed, he bought a plane ticket and traveled to eastern Europe and Russia. What happened when he went overseas can be summed up in these videos I made! :D

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Observations from a female immigrant!

Post by jamesbond »

BlueEverglades wrote:People walking in the streets prefer to be glued to their electronic devices than look at anyone else face for more than 2 seconds. Single Men and women in a natural casual setting do not even bother trying to catch each other's sight or flirt (I'm guessing harassment laws have a lot to do with it, but it's still pretty ridiculous, why would I feel harassed if a guys tells me he thinks I'm pretty or hot?)
The sexual harassment laws in America are ridiculous, especially in the work place. Even looking at women can be considered sexual harassment if the woman feels uncomfortable about it! WTF?

A great deal of people in America don't even know who their neighbors are. Talking to strangers is considered taboo and men striking up conversations with women is considered socially unacceptable. Most women in America only want to meet men through their friends.

Welcome to the dating and social scene here in the United States of America! :lol:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

These are excellent observations about the US by a female immigrant. I will list this thread in my article index. :)
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

camila wrote:
BlueEverglades wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:Thank you so much for posting this. Sometimes I just need the inspiration. I want to do better by my future children ad raise them in a normal society.
Good for you, then start taking action as soon as you can and whatever you do stay away from Florida, are there any other females who are absolutely fed up like me? Im really at my wits end here...
Hi BlueEverglades,

I am so happy that there are other females out there who see the truth! I completely agree with all you have said, and I am female. I also live in Florida, by the way. In Miami of all places, horrible place to be! Thank you for posting this, it really brings me joy to see I'm not the only female tired of this society.
So BlueEverglades lives in Miami and so does camila. In Miami, single men outnumber single women 60% to 40% so why are you ladies having such a hard time meeting men in Miami?

Your both right about the horrible social scene in the US and the anti social atmosphere of America. Like Winston has said, "America is the loneliest country in the world." :cry:

Johnny
Freshman Poster

Post by Johnny »

Half of Americans are brain wash sheep
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Observations from a female immigrant in the US!

Post by jamesbond »

BlueEverglades wrote:
November 8th, 2012, 4:27 pm
Hello, I just signed up for this forum after it came up several times in google when I type in several questions about U.S culture.Even if it is a male centered forum, I as a female immigrant agree with a lot of things you guys talk about in here about male and female interactions. I was born on the Caribbean and immigrated to Florida ten years ago,many things are different obviously but some aspects of culture and socialization are more obvious than others. I did my research on the elite and the Illuminati to know their shaping and impact and all we get to see in a daily basis, basically they are the driving force behind these problems...or maybe not...I'm pretty new at all this, but these are the issues that bother me the most until now:

1. Too much emphasis on independence, competition and individuality,to the point that it creates separation, segregation and paranoid behaviors. People are focused on "winning" at all times and you quickly become the "loser" if you refuse to go by the rules placed by the elite to win and get ahead. An independent female here is someone ranging from a total aggressive bitch to someone who doesn't care about anyone but herself. Females from 18-20 are expected to move out home know what career they would want for the rest of their lives and get it together with an apartment but of course with the new founded freedom quite the opposite happens and they go directionless from guy to guy and sounding like each other with no individuality or independence at all ironically.

Personally I wouldn't like to arrive home after a long day to find an ominous silence greeting me or worse some roommate which I cringe seeing in an awkward position either with drugs, a mate or whatever people do these days. A strong family nucleolus have saved my life many times, living in one single income at this age is a recipe for trouble. I can't be that woman who's all about business and no love, I wanted a balanced life one that serves others as well....

2. Antisocialness : A result of point one, when you got a bunch of rules telling you it's all about who's best, top dog rules people will look at each other like they are enemies. In my whole 10 years of living in the U.S it was very difficult to make friends with other females. Even the Latin/foreign ones have already Americanized and are distrusting of you. I feel their thoughts are directed about their own security and your presence could threaten their career, love relationship or status because you are the stranger, you are not worth knowing.

When I lived in the Caribbean, even if you were shy you still had your small group of friends, here you just go to work/study and come back home without anyone to truly care about your day. Most of the time online interactions can help, yet it doesn't really fulfill anything and if you do open yourself to the current culture if you don't smoke, drink, party every weekend or sleep around you are going to be left out by default and I don't do any of these things. I love to keep my body, mind and spirit as healthy as it can and what it's deemed as entertainment does not bring satisfaction at the end.

People walking in the streets prefer to be glued to their electronic devices than look at anyone else face for more than 2 seconds. Single Men and women in a natural casual setting do not even bother trying to catch each other's sight or flirt (I'm guessing harassment laws have a lot to do with it, but it's still pretty ridiculous, why would I feel harassed if a guys tells me he thinks I'm pretty or hot?)This shouldn't be a surprise, according to the book "The Lonely American" one out of four Americans talked to no one about something of importance to them during the last six months. Another remarkable fact emerged from the 2000 U.S. Census: more people are living alone today than at any point in the country's history
http://www.amazon.com/Lonely-American-D ... 0807000353

You are basically alone from the moment you wake up to the moment you go to sleep if you don't take active steps to socialize....

3. Sloppy/ slutty fashion sense that leaves me wondering if it's better if they just came to the streets naked already. Casual dressing still covers the essentials, sloppy makes them look like they roll out of their bed without a care in the world. In one of my classes a girl shows up with a pair of shorts so short that when she sit down you could see half of her butt peering out the chair.

4. Guys are pretty numbed out or burned out, I can tell....I hear a lot of them referring to women as "bitches" or other derogatory terms, some have had it and some are about to find out that everything has in fact gotten more difficult for both genders. The attitude of American women overall it's pretty ugly and manly, I do not care to compete with a bunch of guys to prove that I am capable, nor do I want to be "one of the guys" just to fit in. I want to be the woman I was born to be without having a bunch of angry feminists looking down on me for doing what it's more natural to me, nor will I apologize but if you choose this path loneliness and segregation will come over you as a way of weeding us out....

Honestly like many of you, I would move out to another country if I had the chance but it's not so easy, are there other females in this forum that can relate? You as a man believe anything is going to change or only get worse?

You described life in America very accurately. It's interesting to hear a woman's perspective who is an immigrant to the USA. The anti socialness of Americans is truly appalling. We don't even make eye contact with each other anymore and most people don't even know who their neighbors are.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re:

Post by jamesbond »

camila wrote:
April 23rd, 2013, 12:24 pm
Hi BlueEverglades,

I thought Miami is supposed to be paradise for single women because they are getting hit on all the time by pickup artists. Also, a lot of wealthy men live in Miami and it never snows or gets cold in Miami.

I wonder if BlueEverglades and camila ever moved out of the USA, we haven't heard from them in a while. Maybe they both found men to marry them in America.

WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Re: Observations from a female immigrant in the US!

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Life in America isn't all that hard for women, that's a load of bull. If women are struggling in America, then that's their own fault. This country has made life extremely easy for women, and immigrant women rarely find themselves homeless because their community will always be willing to help them. I've been seeing homeless people most of my life in California and I have yet to come across any of them that are Asian. Even Latino homeless people are rare because they'll all just pile up under one roof vs trying to be all independent. That doesn't mean you don't hear them bragging "I pay my own bills" because I've heard Spanish women say that shit just to prove they don't have to depend on anyone. So it's not just a Western thing.

In the U.S. everyone want their own space so they can avoid being insulted That's how that whole "moms basement" insult became so famous online. But I've never heard anyone from a foreign country say that to someone. Lots of people in South East Asia live at home with parents or the parents live with them. But for some reason in the U.S. people insult you for it. Nobody in Asia does that.