Why is the stuff we talk about so taboo in the mainstream?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
1cem4n
Freshman Poster

Post by 1cem4n »

One reason

population reduction ! our goverments want to reduce the amount of people on this planet and they do not care about how they do it, they want to destroy the family unit, they have turned marrage and divorce into huge money spinners for there liking.

The rockefeller foundation funded the feminism movement of the 60s and 70s, there plan has been outlined in the Georgia Guidestones. Since these rich elite own the newspapers and the tv stations they can control the peoples perception of what is right and wrong, anything that questions the status quo will be made taboo and to look bad.
imaverycoolcowboy
Freshman Poster

Why is the topic taboo?

Post by imaverycoolcowboy »

I think religion has a great influence. All the 6 major world religions see sex and marriage as something sacred and even lesser religions and tribal beliefs have placed a large emphasis on purity, chastity and sex only in marriage.

Discussion outside that constraint is seen as somehow, vulgar, and at least disrespectful. Even pleasure related cultures like Thailand are becoming more and more conservative.

Thus anyone who sees intimate relations as a form of recreational enjoyment is frowned upon pretty much everywhere and foreigners who seek foreign girls are usually viewed as some kind of perverts.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

I think that it basically boils down to a *need to belong*.

For most persons, this is an unconscious longing to be a part of something, whether it be a cult, religion, family, neighborhood, class/society, etc.

Thus, any vector of thought, which leads one onto a lonelier path, like the ones many of us are on, is downright scary and un-American (if you're a cold war type, like my dad).

Now, once you've got a type of *need to belong* M.O., running in the background, the next thing is for society to set up the rules, which creates the feedback loop. Thus, we then have this ostracism M.O. where if you don't believe that women are sugar/spices, that having a hefty mortgage in the 'burbs isn't a sign of maturity, wanting to attend a Wharton-like business school isn't a sign of worthiness/intelligence, etc, then you're a leftist radical vis-a-vis pervert and don't belong in society. The exception to this is being gay, where everything is once again, ok, especially if you live in the northeast cities or San Fran/LA.
DatingAbroadSince1989
Freshman Poster

Post by DatingAbroadSince1989 »

I think it's so taboo because we're conditioned to think that "we're the best" when it comes to most things. And then the vast majority of Americans simply don't travel abroad or bother to learn another language because "everybody speaks English." And then there's the whole Comfort Zone thing. I've even spoken with Brazilians living outside the big cities who have the "tem tudo aqui" ("There's everything here") attitude, so it's not just North Americans or just native English speakers. And male height factors into things too. If you're a male who's 5'10"+ in this country, your experience with women is going to be different than if you're 5'7". I think that in most countries women tend to go for males who are at least the average national male height. In Brazil that's 5'7" (170 cm). I'm on a Brazilian dating site and that's the minimal height most women put on their profiles. In Russia a lot of women go for men who are 5'11"+. Again, average national male height. The difference, however, lies in attitude. You can have a normal conversation with foreign women, and generally they have much better attitudes towards relationships and sex.
~*~ Dating abroad since 1989 ~*~ Pick a country. Learn the language. The less English a woman knows, the better!
Renata
Experienced Poster

Why is the stuff we talk about so taboo in the mainstream?

Post by Renata »

I think it's beacuse it causes confusion in the minds of mainstream people. They have their minds set already almost programmed about what's right & what's wrong. As you all mentioned before they are conformists and they all have a preset bias in thier minds when it comes to topics like, marriage, children, the law & religion. They are socially conditioned already to think th way they do.

I think when thay start questioning their beliefs they have the same trauma of a child that gets the memo that he was adopted lol

it's always healthy to question everything, ... this makes you think and become analytical. Have you noticed Children never take your word for it they will touch the fire just to see if it's hot. Most people loose their curiousity at some point & start believing everything that they are told.
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Re: Why is the stuff we talk about so taboo in the mainstrea

Post by sushiman »

Winston wrote:Why is it that the kind of stuff we talk about here on Happier Abroad considered so taboo in the mainstream world that you pretty much cannot talk about it anywhere else without being immediately attacked and ostracized.
You can't keep the slaves enslaved if they free their minds.

And they wouldn't know what to do with themselves if they got unplugged from the Matrix anyhow, would they? The society program is running inside their heads, at all times, from decades of programming by TV, magazines, friends, etc. They can at once sense when someone has stepped outside of that program. They do their part as servants of the system to quiet the threat, and return to their normal state.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Re: Why is the stuff we talk about so taboo in the mainstrea

Post by lavezzi »

sushiman wrote:
Winston wrote:Why is it that the kind of stuff we talk about here on Happier Abroad considered so taboo in the mainstream world that you pretty much cannot talk about it anywhere else without being immediately attacked and ostracized.
You can't keep the slaves enslaved if they free their minds.

And they wouldn't know what to do with themselves if they got unplugged from the Matrix anyhow, would they? The society program is running inside their heads, at all times, from decades of programming by TV, magazines, friends, etc. They can at once sense when someone has stepped outside of that program. They do their part as servants of the system to quiet the threat, and return to their normal state.
when you are in constant persuit of illusory gratification, you are not out of the matrix. in the case of HA members, theyve just entered a slightly different matrix, the HA matrix. a matrix is still a matrix, whether it is mainstream or not. programming from TV is no different in essence than programming from happierabroad.com and sources of similar information. its good there is a questioning of reality in the theme here, and theres definitely a level of honesty as well in comparison to the mainstream. but the next level is to unplug from all matrixes and realize the true state in which you were born to dwel. the only state of true happiness.
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

^ Right, it's called knowing oneself. Until that is attained it's all various levels of the matrix.

But back on the original question, it's taboo because you can't have the slaves escaping from the matrix left and right or else who is going to be left to power the machine?
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

I will bump this topic because it's interesting and I can't sleep. :D

The funny thing is that most of the things that we discuss on this site, I freely talk about in real life and many people agree with me.

1) How American women mostly suck (you would not believe how many guys completely agree with this if you bring it up first).
2) How feminism at least partly ruined this country (again, many people....both men and women....actually agree with this).
3) How our economy is headed for imminent collapse (most people don't understand economics at all....the ones that do agree with this).
4) We are not the best country in the world, by far (again, everybody that I talk to agrees with this)

So I really don't think that these things are as taboo or extreme as many here seem to think. I even openly talk about going overseas to meet girls. Guys that have been overseas encourage me. Others just accept it. Still others believe that I am simply being extreme in my views (and they probably think that I won't actually do it).

But I've never had any backlash whatsoever from telling people about this stuff.

As far as the race stuff goes, I disagree with what many say on here. I look at American males of all races as teammates (it's just that some are stuck in the Matrix and others aren't). So I never really bring up race in real life.

Another poster mentioned about dating success and how guys won't admit when they don't have any. Well, my success (and this is the truth) mostly has to do with one night stands at bars/clubs/parties and maybe 1 date per month on average. Also, the odd f**k buddy here and there. I find it difficult to get a girlfriend that is of even moderate quality. When I open up about this, MANY men admit to having similar experiences (even the happily married guys before they got married). So I think guys here will open up if you open up to them first (unless they're really stupid).