Are cops in other countries as bad as American/Anglo cops?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

To follow up on my question:

Why do Blacks hate it when other races tell stories about the bad behavior of some Blacks in this country? Even my Black and Hispanic friends tell me they avoid certain 'Black and Latino' neighborhoods because they don't want to be a target of beatings and crimes....

For example, check this story out:

Being White in Philly: Whites, race, class, and the things that never get said.
http://www.phillymag.com/articles/white-philly/

Philly Mayor Wants Mag Punished over Race Relations Story
http://www.amren.com/news/2013/03/phill ... ons-story/

The writer, Robert Huber, writes an article for the PhillyMag detailing the racial issues between Blacks and Whites in Philly--and the violence and crime, the White citizens continue to face on a daily basis from Blacks, and as a result of the article, gets crucified by the mayor. This is same mayor btw, who was the one advocating an 'open dialogue' on the issue of race in the first place--and now wants the talk of racial issues shut down completely because he felt offended by the article.

Here's an article making 'excuses' for why Blacks in Philly behave the way they do:

Robert Huber's "Being White In Philly" Completely, Utterly Misses the Mark
http://www.policymic.com/articles/30420 ... ark/412008
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

zboy1 wrote: Well, in this case, the Blacks can't blame 'Whitey,' for the actions of those foolish Haitians in their own country. Why is it Blacks--even in their home countries--unable to maintain a decorum of respect and behavior in their own societies.

Not to sound racist, but...why is every Black country in the world violent and criminal-filled cesspools? I can't think of any Black majority country that is as safe, peaceful and respectful as any Asian country in the world. Can anyone explain this for me....
I have to resectfully disagree with you zboy1. Ethiopia is one of the safest countries that you can find that has a majority of blacks in it. The people are very kind and are not afraid to come up the foreigners and greet you. One of their traditions is to embrace a person that they meet even if they are not very close. I walked around the capital city of Addis Ababa and felt 100% safe. I also met expats over there who fell in love with the country.

Ethiopia maintains its Christian heritage and is the only Black African nation to never be colonized or defeated in war.

If memory serves me, I think Africa has more natural resources than any other continent. Unfortunately, Africa has been robbed of its resources by the man. Africa is known for her Diamonds, Gold, Oil and Cocoa. The majority of Africa's wealth has been plundered by foreigners.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
Anti-American
Freshman Poster

Post by Anti-American »

Array9 wrote:
zboy1 wrote: Well, in this case, the Blacks can't blame 'Whitey,' for the actions of those foolish Haitians in their own country. Why is it Blacks--even in their home countries--unable to maintain a decorum of respect and behavior in their own societies.

Not to sound racist, but...why is every Black country in the world violent and criminal-filled cesspools? I can't think of any Black majority country that is as safe, peaceful and respectful as any Asian country in the world. Can anyone explain this for me....
I have to resectfully disagree with you zboy1. Ethiopia is one of the safest countries that you can find that has a majority of blacks in it. The people are very kind and are not afraid to come up the foreigners and greet you. One of their traditions is to embrace a person that they meet even if they are not very close. I walked around the capital city of Addis Ababa and felt 100% safe. I also met expats over there who fell in love with the country.

Ethiopia maintains its Christian heritage and is the only Black African nation to never be colonized or defeated in war.

If memory serves me, I think Africa has more natural resources than any other continent. Unfortunately, Africa has been robbed of its resources by the man. Africa is known for her Diamonds, Gold, Oil and Cocoa. The majority of Africa's wealth has been plundered by foreigners.
Do Ethiopians even consider themselves black? I've read somewhere that they consider themselves Arab. The same with Somalians, Eritreans and Djiboutians.
Last edited by Anti-American on March 21st, 2013, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Array9 wrote: Ethiopia maintains its Christian heritage and is the only Black African nation to never be colonized or defeated in war.
Weren't they defeated by the British in the nineteenth century and conquered and briefly colonized by the Italians in the 30s? Anyway, they are not exactly black in the main.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Anti-American wrote:
Array9 wrote:

Do Ethiopians even consider themselves black? I've read somewhere that they consider themselves Arab. The same with Somalians, Eritreans and Djiboutians.
Well from the POV of most of the Kenyans I met, Ethiopians consider themselves very distinct from "black Africans". Also, the Ethiopians I witnessed in Nairobi stuck to themselves in segregated groups and Kenyans told me they act in a way which kind of reminds me of Koreans in Phils, lol. In Addis Ababa, I did feel a lot safer than Nairobi, but not that safe. It's not NE Asia or anything close. There are beggar kids who will follow u and if given the opportunity run off with anything they can get out of your pockets. Local guys in clubs may cock block and act aggressive. When you take photos of streets from a distance, sometimes the vendors will still shout out at you to stop. I didn't find the locals that friendly as a tourist. And I wouldn't feel safe randomly walking the streets there at night like I would in a city such as Bangkok which isn't even that safe.

And to my eyes, most of the people I saw around and about look very distinct and different from locals who hail from most areas within the rough triangle which forms from joining Kenya, Senegal, and South Africa. Same goes for Entrians and Somalians.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

This went viral a few days ago.

Jumping Over A Cop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thMckjuhTCI
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

Anti-American wrote: Do Ethiopians even consider themselves black? I've read somewhere that they consider themselves Arab. The same with Somalians, Eritreans and Djiboutians.
I am no expert on Ethiopia but I have never heard of Ethiopians describe themselves as Arab. They are 100% black and have been that way historically. Whatever you do, don't lump them in with Blacks in the West. Even in Ethiopia, they have a bad perception of Black Americans.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

Cornfed wrote:
Array9 wrote: Ethiopia maintains its Christian heritage and is the only Black African nation to never be colonized or defeated in war.
Weren't they defeated by the British in the nineteenth century and conquered and briefly colonized by the Italians in the 30s? Anyway, they are not exactly black in the main.
I don't think Ethiopia was ever a British territory. Ethiopians will gladly tell you that they defeated the Italians.
Men chase, women choose

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Array9 wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
I don't think Ethiopia was ever a British territory. Ethiopians will gladly tell you that they defeated the Italians.
I'm thinking of these events.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Ex ... _Abyssinia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Italo-Ethiopian_War
Google
Freshman Poster

Post by Google »

Array9 wrote: If memory serves me, I think Africa has more natural resources than any other continent. Unfortunately, Africa has been robbed of its resources by the man. Africa is known for her Diamonds, Gold, Oil and Cocoa. The majority of Africa's wealth has been plundered by foreigners.

Most African countries became independent in 1960-1970's of the last century. And most of the countries still have a great natural potential, despite the fact that they has been robbed by foreigners. For example, Congo (Zaire), Sierra Leone - diamonds. But even with diamonds there was no prosperity, but was a brutal war. The only exception - is Botswana. Oil: Gabon, Nigeria - More than 50 years these countries exporting oil, but most of the people there are poor, especially in Nigeria. Nowadays Africans are not robbed by white invaders, but rather robbed by their black politicians. Look on Equatorial Guinea - oil rich country with GDP per capita equivalent France! Horor! And look on Singapore without any natural resources...
clowny
Freshman Poster

Post by clowny »

I have spoken to many guys from India about Indian police. Apparently they are pretty brutal compared to police here in oz. One of the common practices with Indian police, is hanging troublemakers upside down and repeatedly hitting the soles of their feet with battons, in order to make their feet so sore that they're unable to walk for days.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Zboy,
I'm not sure if those videos you posted contained violence or not, but I couldn't risk Google Adsense disabling this site again over violent videos, so I removed them. They don't seem to mind it if you talk about violence. But when you post videos or images containing violence, then I start getting warnings and my ads get disabled so I end up losing a lot of money. It was either that, or moving this thread to the NSFW section where it would be seen less. I think the former is better.

Again everyone, please don't post any videos or images showing violence. They aren't necessary and you can make your point without them. So please resist posting them.

Thanks.

PS - Zboy, most of those videos you posted involved accidents by cops, including a case of mistaken identity, not deliberate police brutality. They showed that cops make mistakes, not that they are bad.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

The Italians only held Ethiopia for 5 years (1936-1941). That's a bit short for colonization.
Anti-American
Freshman Poster

Post by Anti-American »

I hear Jamaican cops are f***ed up.