Where is Affirmative Action for Irish Individuals?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Where is Affirmative Action for Irish Individuals?

Post by zacb »

We as Irish Americans suffered discrimination, and were shunned from the labor markets, among other things. Why isn't there affirmative action and special treatment for us? Just because we are white does not mean we don't deserve compensation. And remember, fair is fair.
Last edited by zacb on March 21st, 2013, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

If you are Irish Catholic, you might consider going to Australia. Irish Catholics seem to form the second tier of legally privileged people after the Jews there, and IMO this is one of the reasons for the country's decline.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Irish Americans in the eastern seaboard were responsible for some of the most violent discrimination against recently arrived blacks. There were Irish-based race riots against blacks who were taking formerly Irish jobs in many big cities in the east. Irish ave been historically discriminatory against blacks and Italians in Police and Fire Departments in New York, Philly, Boston, etc.

The antics of Irish Americans are partly to blame for Affirmative Action coming into being. Now you want to ignore that legacy and portray yourselves as victims? Yeah right.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Actually, I am not Catholic. Interesting stuff though. I was saying that more in jest than anything.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Irish Americans in the eastern seaboard were responsible for some of the most violent discrimination against recently arrived blacks. There were Irish-based race riots against blacks who were taking formerly Irish jobs in many big cities in the east. Irish ave been historically discriminatory against blacks and Italians in Police and Fire Departments in New York, Philly, Boston, etc.

The antics of Irish Americans are partly to blame for Affirmative Action coming into being. Now you want to ignore that legacy and portray yourselves as victims? Yeah right.
No, it was more in jest.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

zacb wrote:Actually, I am not Catholic. Interesting stuff though. I was saying that more in jest than anything.
No affirmative action for you then. Affirmative action is only for scumbags who are going to wreck everything, and Irish Catholics and their booty-bandit priests seem to qualify.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Cornfed wrote:
zacb wrote:Actually, I am not Catholic. Interesting stuff though. I was saying that more in jest than anything.
No affirmative action for you then. Affirmative action is only for scumbags who are going to wreck everything, and Irish Catholics and their b***y-bandit priests seem to qualify.
Can't argue with that. It seems like laws are formed that way to help TPTB.
leavingusa
Freshman Poster

Post by leavingusa »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Irish Americans in the eastern seaboard were responsible for some of the most violent discrimination against recently arrived blacks. There were Irish-based race riots against blacks who were taking formerly Irish jobs in many big cities in the east. Irish ave been historically discriminatory against blacks and Italians in Police and Fire Departments in New York, Philly, Boston, etc.

Black slave traders sold Irish women into sex slavery and castrating the men, so let's call it even.

The funny part is you negroes portraying yourselves as victims even as you destroy every country you set foot in.

Two apes shot a white baby in the face last week.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

leavingusa wrote: The funny part is you negroes portraying yourselves as victims even as you destroy every country you set foot in.

Two apes shot a white baby in the face last week.
Indeed.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/c ... -1.1296312
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

ironic thing, is americans dwell on race so much and heritage that they forget abroad no one considers them africans, mexicans, irish, germans but simply put "AMERICANS"

an irish american goes to ireland = he will be an american
an african american goes to africa = he'll be a westerner from america
a hispanic goes to south america = he'll be an american

americans need to get over their racist history and the never ending racial dwelling they suffer as a society!!! (the rest of the world often ridiculizes america especially because of the enormous amount of importance given to something that in other countries is not even a topic of conversation, like race)
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

Robert77 wrote:ironic thing, is americans dwell on race so much and heritage that they forget abroad no one considers them africans, mexicans, irish, germans but simply put "AMERICANS"

americans need to get over their racist history and the never ending racial dwelling they suffer as a society!!! (the rest of the world often ridiculizes america especially because of the enormous amount of importance given to something that in other countries is not even a topic of conversation, like race)
I know what you mean...

For instance, I went to the Mexican consulate here in San Antonio to get some information for vacationing in Mexico. The first consular employee who came up to assist me was a woman. She asked me what my nationality was, and I told her African American. The lady asked me if I had my AFRICAN passport (the lady actually thought that I was from Africa). I reminded her that I am 100% American (citizen). Her boss summoned her for some reason, and this man came up there. I have talked to him on a few occasions during pasts visits to the consulate, and he asked me the same question. As I tried to explain to him that I was African-American, the man politely/respectfully cut me off and said, "You're American". I was thinking that race, to a Mexican, does not matter to the extent that Americans view it. For instance, a citizen of the Philippines is a Filipino, regardless of race or species. I even think that if Worf was a legal citizen of the Philippines, he would be considered a Filipino (despite not being ethnic or a genetic Filipino, nor even a human from this planet).
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:
Robert77 wrote:ironic thing, is americans dwell on race so much and heritage that they forget abroad no one considers them africans, mexicans, irish, germans but simply put "AMERICANS"

I know what you mean...

For instance, I went to the Mexican consulate here in San Antonio to get some information for vacationing in Mexico. The first consular employee who came up to assist me was a woman. She asked me what my nationality was, and I told her African American. The lady asked me if I had my AFRICAN passport (the lady actually thought that I was from Africa). I reminded her that I am 100% American (citizen). Her boss summoned her for some reason, and this man came up there. I have talked to him on a few occasions during pasts visits to the consulate, and he asked me the same question. As I tried to explain to him that I was African-American, the man politely/respectfully cut me off and said, "You're American". I was thinking that race, to a Mexican, does not matter to the extent that Americans view it. For instance, a citizen of the Philippines is a Filipino, regardless of race or species. I even think that if Worf was a legal citizen of the Philippines, he would be considered a Filipino (despite not being ethnic or a genetic Filipino, nor even a human from this planet).
yeah in europe i had the same experiences.... in italy i met plenty of "eyetalians from boston, new york and jersey" that would get ripped off because in the eyes of the real italian locals, these folks were just clueless american tourists.....

italian americans would go to italy thinking they're back home, only to suffer from culture shock as no one could understand them, things worked different from america and local italians would treat them as simply americans.

and the same applies to US born colombians... I was hanging out with a colombian dude born in miami and everyone called us gringos, he simply stood out eventhough he had colombian ancestry (i am white from nebraska)

the moral of the story is..... america is a racialized society, everyone dwells on race and think race makes them different from one another, in fact as soon as u step outta the US, you're categorized as an American, nothing more!
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
NeighborhoodNetBang
Freshman Poster

Post by NeighborhoodNetBang »

No such thing as fair. Your affirmative action IS your White Privilege and the fact that you can get jobs and women easily in Asia. I'd rather have that and be done with America than affirmative action giving me peon jobs in the States.

PS: I'm a Black man and I've never benefited from affirmative action or welfare, and affirmative action benefits women and other non-Black minorities.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

NeighborhoodNetBang wrote: Your affirmative action IS your White Privilege
The only privilege mainstream whites have is to be born of a higher genetic order to you simians. Or perhaps I am missing something. Is there some office I can go to, point out that I am white and then they shower me with money?
NeighborhoodNetBang
Freshman Poster

Post by NeighborhoodNetBang »

You have stated your privilege. You were granted with superior genes by god, nature, whatever, so you can go around the world (especially the Orient) and be given jobs and women without effort. There are numerous stories of unqualified white guys going to Asia and getting jobs while Black guys that have experience, do everything right still won't get in.

I used to be a "coonservative" and go along with White arguments against AA, but after a few trips to Asia I've changed my tune.