And it's your fault too!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
miss_conduct
Freshman Poster

Post by miss_conduct »

BlueEverglades-I can assure you I went through all this crap too when I was single. I thinklike the other posters said feminism and modern culture have a lot to do with it.

Making friends is very challenging and difficult down here in the USA I know finding the right mate is too :(

European men might be your best bet. Latino men-definitely big flirts, that's true :D African American men, sometimes flirty. Anglo men, deefinetly kind of reserved.
Be good, or be good at it.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

abcdavid01 wrote:I wouldn't disagree. Men here get worried about sexual harassment laws, but you're right...it cuts both ways. The whole society is just sterile and cold. Or if it is open, only in the worst ways.
BS... White men are worried about harassment claims, overtly. She is obviously not White and likely speaks with a slight accent you really think she's going to bite your head off?

Actually you wouldn't know your a virgin. Forget I even posted...
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

jtest28 wrote:You want the good-looking guys, heh? Take the initiative and try getting shot down few times, then you will know what its like to be a man in this piece of garbage country.
I agree, women need to start taking the initiative when it comes to meeting men. Aren't women supposed to be liberated and independent? Well then, let's see them approach men and ask men out on dates!

Then, if men reject them, they will know what's it's like to be a man in the USA. Women in America love to reject men and some women get pleasure from rudely rejecting men! :shock:

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

To be fair, women, especially attractive women in the Miami area are known to be bitchy and very materialistic. They are not seen as laid back.

Miami is very status oriented. Most of the rest of the country is not like Miami-- it is best for people with a certain type of personality.

You may do better in Fort Lauderdale, or better yet in Tampa/Orlando/Jacksonville or the rest of the United States.
Rayn
Freshman Poster

Re: And it's your fault too!

Post by Rayn »

BlueEverglades wrote: I had an American boyfriend where I literally had to do almost everything to make it work, I had to be the aggressive or else it would have never happened and we broke up shortly after because it's just not natural for most women to be the pursuers.
To be frank if I had a girlfriend who I had to do almost everything to make it work I'll call it off as soon as you would call off yours. I had one too many of those kinds of short-lived relationships in the past, in fact.

And I would actually disagree on the notion that women aren't naturally pursuers. It just seems that way from how men nowadays do a whole lot more pursuing than women do, but that is only because men have low standards. It is the norm (at least in the modernized, Westernized society) for women to only pay attention to the top percentile of males out there while men would be more than willing to hit on anyone remotely attractive and single.

I have seen this plenty myself, back in school where guys would hit on almost any available girl while girls would only hit on the select few of them - me included. And later on in adulthood where money comes to play too the women only pay attention to the rich dudes with the huge cars.

The way women pursue men would be different, a little less direct, and a little more cautious perhaps, but it is very blatantly clear when you see it.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Devil Dog wrote:Jesus Christ. Sexual harassment laws. You can't get women. It's not because you lack social skills. It's not because you are afraid of women. It's not because you can't hold a conversation. It's because of the sexual harassment laws.

Can any of you dipshits quote any actual statutes which prevent you from meeting women?
+1
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Cornfed wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:Jesus Christ. Sexual harassment laws. You can't get women. It's not because you lack social skills. It's not because you are afraid of women. It's not because you can't hold a conversation. It's because of the sexual harassment laws.

Can any of you dipshits quote any actual statutes which prevent you from meeting women?
Isn't your troll routine a bit lame and one dimensional? It seems to be just the repeated hilarious assertion that everything in the West is absolutely perfect, so everyone not deliriously happy with every aspect of Western life is just trying to excuse their own deserved punishments for the unspecified but no doubt horrendous character defects they supposedly have. Do you have no pride in your work? If you are going to be a troll, at least you could do so with more than the same single recycled post.
You should really be more like Cornfed. He's a troll's troll.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Men don't approach women in the United States because they were raised in a culture of fear and isolation that left them both afraid of women and incapable of connecting with them. Americans are afraid of everything- their neighbors, foreigners, slightly undercooked food, etc etc- and this irrational fear extends to their extreme and overblown fears of rejection. Worse still, many men have embarrassingly fragile egos in this country that shatter under the slightest rejection or criticism. So you end up with guys that have poor social skills that are terrified of interacting with women and are completely crushed when their combination of anxiety and inability to carry on a meaningful conversation somehow fails to land them a beautiful woman. They then proceed to never look women in the eyes again for fear of repeating the incident in which they stuttered "h....h....hi..." at a woman with zero eye contact while shuffling awkwardly, after which she walked away, completely confused, and was thus *clearly* a bitch feminazi AW.

Both sexes in America are quite f***ed up, for largely the same reasons. It is amusing as hell when people insist everyone and everything is clearly a problem but them as is so common on this forum, but it's just another extension of them protecting their fragile egos and thus another symptom of the exact same problem that prevents them from finding love.
Last edited by HouseMD on November 5th, 2013, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

HouseMD wrote:
Cornfed wrote:

Isn't your troll routine a bit lame and one dimensional? It seems to be just the repeated hilarious assertion that everything in the West is absolutely perfect, so everyone not deliriously happy with every aspect of Western life is just trying to excuse their own deserved punishments for the unspecified but no doubt horrendous character defects they supposedly have. Do you have no pride in your work? If you are going to be a troll, at least you could do so with more than the same single recycled post.
You should really be more like Cornfed. He's a troll's troll.
I'm a work in progress.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

HouseMD wrote:Men don't approach women in the United States because they were raised in a culture of fear and isolation that left them both afraid of women and incapable of connecting with them. Americans are afraid of everything- their neighbors, foreigners, slightly undercooked food, etc etc- and this irrational fear extends to their extreme and overblown fears of rejection. Worse still, many men have embarrassingly fragile egos in this country that shatter under the slightest rejection or criticism. So you end up with guys that have poor social skills that are terrified of interacting with women and are completely crushed when their combination of anxiety and inability to carry on a meaningful conversation somehow fails to land them a beautiful woman. They then proceed to never look women in the eyes again for fear of repeating the incident in which they stuttered "h....h....hi..." at a woman with zero eye contact while shuffling awkwardly, after which she walked away, completely confused, and was thus *clearly* a bitch feminazi AW.

Both sexes in America are quite f***ed up, for largely the same reasons. It is amusing add hell when people insist everyone and everything is clearly a problem but them as is so common on this forum, but it's just another extension of them protecting their fragile egos and thus another symptom of the exact same problem that prevents them from finding love.
This is the biggest factor in the problem. The vocal minority on HA was raised as Mommy's boy, getting a trophy for just showing up, being constantly told how special Mommy's Little Boy is.

Then when life slaps them in the face a time or two, it is the fault of everyone else, the government, and society. If the whiny little boys could lose the fear and approach a few women then it would be a whole new world for them. Sure some girls are cold and uninterested. So what? Who gives shit? Ditch the ego, move on to the next.

Or you could go to Angeles City. Hang out with peasant bargirls and give them a little bit of money. "The girls are so open and playful there." Play your cards right and one of them may even tell you that you are "guapo".

Problem solved.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

HouseMD wrote:Men don't approach women in the United States because they were raised in a culture of fear and isolation that left them both afraid of women and incapable of connecting with them. Americans are afraid of everything- their neighbors, foreigners, slightly undercooked food, etc etc- and this irrational fear extends to their extreme and overblown fears of rejection. Worse still, many men have embarrassingly fragile egos in this country that shatter under the slightest rejection or criticism. So you end up with guys that have poor social skills that are terrified of interacting with women and are completely crushed when their combination of anxiety and inability to carry on a meaningful conversation somehow fails to land them a beautiful woman. They then proceed to never look women in the eyes again for fear of repeating the incident in which they stuttered "h....h....hi..." at a woman with zero eye contact while shuffling awkwardly, after which she walked away, completely confused, and was thus *clearly* a bitch feminazi AW.

Both sexes in America are quite f***ed up, for largely the same reasons. It is amusing add hell when people insist everyone and everything is clearly a problem but them as is so common on this forum, but it's just another extension of them protecting their fragile egos and thus another symptom of the exact same problem that prevents them from finding love.
I think this is a perfectly accurate observation. It seems so simple but many here seem to want things to be so much more complicated and often unsolvable.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

HouseMD wrote:Men don't approach women in the United States because they were raised in a culture of fear and isolation that left them both afraid of women and incapable of connecting with them. Americans are afraid of everything- their neighbors, foreigners, slightly undercooked food, etc etc- and this irrational fear extends to their extreme and overblown fears of rejection.

Worse still, many men have embarrassingly fragile egos in this country that shatter under the slightest rejection or criticism. So you end up with guys that have poor social skills that are terrified of interacting with women and are completely crushed when their combination of anxiety and inability to carry on a meaningful conversation somehow fails to land them a beautiful woman. They then proceed to never look women in the eyes again for fear of repeating the incident in which they stuttered "h....h....hi..." at a woman with zero eye contact while shuffling awkwardly, after which she walked away, completely confused, and was thus *clearly* a bitch feminazi AW.
I think a lot of men in America have been shot down so many times by women, that they just eventually give up and stop asking women out. Winston said he has approached hundreds of women in the US and got rejected almost every time. How much rejection can a man take? Eventually your self esteem goes into the toilet. :shock:

PUA's try to teach men to get over their fear of rejection and just continue "sarging" (meaning cold approaching women). You can only do this for so long before your ego get's bruised so much that you need to consider other ways of meeting women, like traveling overseas! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
bladed11
Freshman Poster

Post by bladed11 »

We are terrible. Women would be better off without us existing. /sarcasm
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: And it's your fault too!

Post by jamesbond »

BlueEverglades wrote:
April 29th, 2013, 5:22 pm
I am a white female immigrant from the Caribbean and I do have strong opinions about American culture that gets in my nerves. I see a lot of guys in here complain about women not being approachable, on the other hand I complain about a lack of male initiative to even look at a woman in the eyes to make her more OPEN TO YOU. Seriously what a simple but puzzling concept is to understand you need to give a woman some kind of friendly vibe before she becomes open to talk to you. If you pass them by with a cold shoulder expecting to be a chick magnet and later complain "Wow no woman wants me" you got to look at yourself first and make some adjustments. You keep saying this is a lonely society but yet millions manage to get and maintain relationships so clearly there's a way around it that you haven't figured out...

And to be fair let me say this, american men are equally as cold, crazy and playing mind games as the women you love to put down in this forum. This weekend I had a change of scenario by going to a local fair that was mainly hispanic and SURPRISE SURPRISE guys were checking me out like crazy, they were not afraid to look me straight in the eye, stare and make conversation, it reminded me of when I lived in my homecountry... but once I'm out there again the Americans behave as if I was invisible, it's a 50/50 or nothing you guys...

I had an American boyfriend where I literally had to do almost everything to make it work, I had to be the aggressive or else it would have never happened and we broke up shortly after because it's just not natural for most women to be the pursuers.

I do agree though that a lot of how American society is very alienating, paranoid and almost impossible to make friends yet people don't even try to make it to break out of that cocoon. They put on their ear buds, phone and laptop resisting spontaneous high energy exchanges, just passively drifting by putting all the pressure on the other person....

You make some good points, both men and women in the United States are paranoid of each other. Americans in general are afraid of everything, this is social engineering at it's finest.