Kicked off an Airplane for Speaking Russian.

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Kicked off an Airplane for Speaking Russian.

Post by ladislav »

More cosmopolitan news from the Melting Pot/ Land of Immigrants.

And it was a black guy who kicked them out, too. Lovely, just lovely!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1355612
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Xenophobic to be sure and, if I was them, I would sue the pants off the airline, but Russia is not exactly a hotbed of tolerance either; for example, I've seen several videos of Russians attacking Blacks, Caucasians, Jews and Muslim on Youtube, so Russians aren't exactly angels either....
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Re: Kicked off an Airplane for Speaking Russian.

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

ladislav wrote:More cosmopolitan news from the Melting Pot/ Land of Immigrants.

Somehow, it seems much more logical that they were booted out for being too loud than for speaking in Russian. I'm interested in seeing where this one goes and hearing the facts.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

zboy1 wrote:Xenophobic to be sure and, if I was them, I would sue the pants off the airline, but Russia is not exactly a hotbed of tolerance either; for example, I've seen several videos of Russians attacking Blacks, Caucasians, Jews and Muslim on Youtube, so Russians aren't exactly angels either....
Et tu quoque

Well, these are Jews that were kicked out. Bitman is not a Russian name. To Americans they are "Russians"; anyone who speaks Russian is a Russian even if it's a Kyrghyz. No geography in US schools.

I do think that because they were talking too loud in a foreign language, the staff just freaked out. And with a Chechen terrorist in Boston ( who is probably a " Russian" to Americans, too) the paranoia just took over. However, if it were a bunch of Black Americans talking loud or Mexicans talking loud in Spanish, these would have been much more tolerant. It was just something strange and they did not know how to handle it.

Russian is a language spoken even louder than American English. Americans are known for being loud in Europe, but Russian speakers, whoever they may be, take the cake.

I always told my mom not to speak Russian in public in the USA. You never know what wackos you can meet, and what reactions they may have. Same goes for Arabic. I don't speak loud Arabic in the USA because the country is neither safe nor free.

And, of course, Russia is no hotbed of tolerance. But it never claimed to be "a land of immigrants" and "a melting pot" with liberty and justice for all. But the ones who beat up those minorities are hooligans and thugs. You would not have airlines in Russia kick people off an airplane for say, speaking loudly in English. When was the last time you heard of an American being thrown off a plane in Russia? Or anyone else?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Sure, how dare a black guy do his job if it goes against some white immigrants's wishes....

I'm sure these whiners probably should have been jailed instead of simply kicked off, but of course they will whine about how it was their language or religion other than their behavior.

Spare us the excuses and just get off the doggone plane, now!
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

ladislav wrote:
zboy1 wrote:Xenophobic to be sure and, if I was them, I would sue the pants off the airline, but Russia is not exactly a hotbed of tolerance either; for example, I've seen several videos of Russians attacking Blacks, Caucasians, Jews and Muslim on Youtube, so Russians aren't exactly angels either....
Et tu quoque

Well, these are Jews that were kicked out. Bitman is not a Russian name. To Americans they are "Russians"; anyone who speaks Russian is a Russian even if it's a Kyrghyz. No geography in US schools.
anyone that speaks spanish in america, becomes automatically part of an imaginary race created in the 70's by the nixon administration, called latino/hispanic.... and of course, given a mexican stereotype.

u can be from a country that has absolutely nothing to do with mexico like argentina and u'll still be part of the imaginary mexican/latino race.

the russian thing shouldnt surprise u
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

You have a pic of who kicked them off? This article only shows a plane.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Teal Lantern wrote:

You have a pic of who kicked them off? This article only shows a plane.
It's already old news and off YouTube. But trust me, if it were a group from a more recognized, more numerous and more protected minority, they would not have been so unceremonious with them.

Here it is in Russian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4BkLE00aFQ