Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Do you feel an empty depressing meaningless vibe in America?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Re: Do you feel an empty depressing meaningless vibe in America?

Post by CannedHam » March 27th, 2018, 11:57 pm

The thing I can't stand is suburban sprawl and the associated lifestyle. Depressing cookie cutter homes, strip malls filled with the same damn chain stores and restaurants, having to drive everywhere, high taxes etc. On the other hand, large US cities are for the most part, crime infested embarrassing shitholes. Just look at the homeless situation in Seattle/SF, or the crime in places like Chicago or Baltimore.

I was in Hong Kong last year and man was the place filled with ENERGY. Clean, safe, and bustling. My wife and I could leave at 9am and literally wander around until midnight with no need to have a car, wondering how the time passed so quick. If she needed to take the HK metro alone at 11pm, I wouldn't worry at all. In our current city when she takes the bus at 2pm, I worry she'll get harassed by some thug or homeless prick, with the city police useless due to the PC culture that's overtaken politics here.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » October 21st, 2018, 4:56 pm

When u see soulless isolating strip malls in the USA dont u start wondering why american soldiers join the military just to defend "all this"? Lol. Wtf? Makes no sense. Whats there to defend? A socially isolating strip mall where people work and consume and dont talk to strangers? How does that inspire people to join the armed forces to defend all that? Its baffling. I always wonder, wtf?!?!?!
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » October 21st, 2018, 5:09 pm

@Kaleras
Those are excellent deep observations. I couldnt have said it better myself. I feel the same way.

However i have a theory as to why some people have friends in america and a wife and family too. Its not a choice. Its pretty much all destiny or karma or divine order. If you have some karma or destiny that overlaps with people in the US you will meet them. Because u have energy and karma to burn together. It happens naturally like the wind. Those people who have friends or wives in America dont do anything. If you ask them they will say it all happened naturally while they were going through the routine of life and going with the flow. They have no book or formula or strategy that they follow. Most of them are just average joes. Nothing special.

Our problem is that we just dont have karma to burn in the US. So nothing happens. Since our destiny does not overlap with others here.

Think of your best friend or lovers that u had. Circumstances always brought you together even if you had no connecting friends or routine to bring u together. If ur meant to meet someone it just happens somehow. The universe makes it happen. It isnt a choice where u ask for something and the universe grants it.

Also, if you drink the same koolaid as everyone else you dont notice that other people are antisocial. Ive asked "normal people" including relatives and they dont notice it or they assume thats normal to never talk to strangers. They forget that in thousands of years of human history people were not like that. But many other people do seem blind to the antisocial nature in America. They will claim to not see what you mean if you ask them about it. So they must be in some hypnotic trance it seems. Either that or they drank some kool aid that teleported them to another world where being antisocial = being social in some bizarro world that we arent a part of. Its very weird and inexplicable. But thats the only explanation i can think of. No linear logic makes sense here.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Nailer
Freshman Poster

Post by Nailer » October 21st, 2018, 9:05 pm

Winston, it's not that complicated.

In college, you have to go to a pro-social school, have a lot of extracurricular activities, a major that is not too hard, a supportive family, and have enough social skills starting freshman year that you are popular. If you are missing just one or two of those things you won't have a good time in college.

After college, your social life depends entirely on your career field. If you work in a big hospital, for example, you will have a good social life. If you work in a small office with just a few people, or you work with all men, you won't have a good social life.

I'm sure a male doctor, teacher, or bar manager thinks "it just happens", because it does, but for an engineer or lawyer there is simply no opportunity for it to "just happen" in the first place. Since the U.S. has no social outlets at all except for church, you are pretty much screwed after college.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond » November 18th, 2018, 7:25 am

Nailer wrote:
October 21st, 2018, 9:05 pm
Since the U.S. has no social outlets at all except for church, you are pretty much screwed after college.

Yes, once you are out of school, your social life pretty much disappears. Also, once your friends start to get married, you pretty much are on your own when it comes to meeting people.

The best way to meet people is through your friends, this is why college and high school gives you the best chance to meet people and have a good social life.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."