Do you feel an empty, depressing, meaningless dark vibe in America?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: Why does America have a depressing, empty, meaningless v

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Winston wrote:Have any of you noticed that despite the clean streets and air around you in America, that it has a depressing, empty and meaningless vibe that deflates you? It's like something creates an angst in you that makes you feel like you are worthless and life is meaningless. You ever notice that?

Something in the environment and people seems to create it, or perhaps it's due to some vortex from the consciousness of the land. I'm sure that the soulless dull bland non-creative architecture of the suburbs plays a role in this too.

It's a double whammy when combined with the feeling of disconnectedness inherent in the social atmosphere and environment around you. What's worse, there is an aura of FEAR and PARANOIA in the masses around you as well. It's a very sick, depressing and sad environment for sure.

Immigrants who come to America must feel conflicted: On the one hand they appreciate the comforts, clean streets and air, and consumer choices in America. But on the other, they feel this inherent emptiness, soullessness and social disconnectedness, as well as this depressing deflating vibe that tells them that life is meaningless and worthless. Yet in spite of this, they must act positive all the time or else pretend to be. This must be confusing and causes them to wonder if it's all worth it or not, especially when they realize that life in America isn't as great as they imagined.

On top of that, internal suffering is magnified in America because:

1) You live in a perpetual state of wanting, needing and dissatisfaction.
2) The society around you keeps pushing you to overwork and overconsume, as if that's all that matters and all you're good for. Work more, consume more! Don't stop! It's good for the economy, blah blah.

I know this is true to an extent everywhere, but it's magnified to the extreme in America. And coupled with the inherent sense of isolation, disconnectedness and the depressing/deflating vibe, makes it all the more worse.

Any of you notice all this? It's one of those things you feel deep down but isn't easy to put into words, especially when no one else dares to openly say such things, as there is a loser stigma attached to it. Instead, you are expected to put up a facade and deny your suffering.

Excellent analysis Winston. Personally, I don't feel that America is all that depressing unless you're unfortunate to be poor and are forced to live in a very bad neighborhood.

The problem for me is that America is a very divisive country where people are openly hostile, unfriendly, cold hearted and rancorous at every direction you turn. You have no choice but to keep to yourself, keep your guard up, and keep a low profile all at the same time to preserve your sanity.

All this open hostility and divisiveness I believe starts from the Government along with all the corporations who create an environment that forces people to compete with each other to an unhealthy degree. The system is set up to where my gain is always your loss, and my loss is always somebody else's gain. That kind of system is unfair to everybody except the corporations and the Government who make out like bandits.

But just to show you how divisive America is, I compiled a short list of what I can think that all the things people argue and even find a reason to hate another person about.

• Coke vs. Pepsi
• Chevy vs. Ford
• American cars vs. Import cars
• All the racial warfare
• Democrats vs. Republicans
• All the fighting over which sports team is better
• All the various class warfare
• All the fighting over whose high school or college is better
• All the fighting over whose fraternity is better
• Religious people vs. Non religious people
• Married couples vs. Singles
• People with children vs. Childfree
• Bodybuilders vs. Powerlifters
• Heterosexual vs. Homosexual
• All the American street gang warfare which is too much to even list

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

QuestionMark
Freshman Poster

Post by QuestionMark »

Another great and interesting thread. Most of you all hit it right on the nail with the hammer. Yes america doesn't have any REAL culture.

The culture does promote fakeness, superficiality, that looks mean everything (not just in terms of getting women, but even friends, and how others will perceive you and treat you), it's very clicquy (just like high school).

And yes america is racially divided and very racist. You could be a person who actually wants to interact with and date other races, but many others aren't going to be like that with you. There will come a time when someone will be racist to you (even if it's subtle). Most american women don't usually date outside their race, which is really frustrating to me as I'm mostly attracted to women outside my race. Some of the women in my race give me too much attention, while the attractive ones outside my race ignore or avoid me. As far as AW's type, race is a big part of it. People really believe in the stereotypes in america. And many times, people in your own race will be more than happy to bring you down too if they're jealous or think you're too open minded/freethinker.

And being open minded, a free thinker, or a nice person is condemned and discouraged in america. It's a conformist culture. Non conformity in america comes with social consequences (ostracizing, bullying, teasing, treachery). This is why the vast majority of americans are sheep that just follow the crowd, even if they know the crowd is f@ck!ng stupid. Even the good people will distance themselves from you because you're seen as a freak for speaking out and speaking the truth (even if they agree and know you're right).

And america is all about being cool. Most young adults today aren't real and don't like authentic good people. They just like facebook, twitter, smartphones, and hanging with their clique.
Last edited by QuestionMark on May 12th, 2014, 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Have you also noticed that besides the depressing vibe in America, it is also depressing to look at other men in America as well? A lot of guys in the US have that look on their face like they're depressed and have no reason to live except to go to their job everyday.

For example, when you go to a supermarket or store, you see a lot of hickish redneck blue collar type worker guys. Their faces and vibe look like they have nothing to live for except work, work, work everyday. There is no joy or life in them. They look numb, as if they have no reason to exist except to work at their blue collar job. Lots of rednecks, hicks, and blue collar people have that look on their face. It's very depressing to see these guys.

Or when you go to a fast food place, and see a man eating alone, he usually looks depressed. It's very sad to see isn't it?

Any of you ever notice that?

How do these guys continue to live like that? How do they endure such suffering?

Or am I projecting my own emptiness onto them?

I've always wondered how other people can put up with a depressing gloomy environment and act like it's a normal thing, whereas I absolutely cannot tolerate it? Do any of you ever wonder the same thing?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

I noticed that too, Winston. And I guess they tolerate it because, while they do know they aren't happy, they cant explain why, and they have never been out of the country and able to compare places.

seems its even gotten worse the last 6 months or so too.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

In particular, I'm referring to those type of men that look like they drive forklifts in warehouses. You know the type? They look like rednecks and look simple minded. They particularly have that depressed look on their faces that look like they have nothing else to live for except driving a forklift at a warehouse and pretend to be satisfied and fulfilled.

You know what I mean? Doesn't it make you feel depressed too when you see that?

Also, doesn't the atmosphere inside a warehouse look so dark, gloomy and depressing? How do workers inside the warehouse tolerate that?

Is it because they have a hot wife waiting for them at home that motivates them to put up with it? lol. If you had a hot wife waiting for you at home, could you put up with working inside a dark gloomy warehouse environment? lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I think I've figured out a deeper reason for the depressing, empty, meaningless vibe in America. But this is something that goes beyond words. Here's my new revelation and insight about it. What do you think?

viewtopic.php?t=23301

Richardrli
Freshman Poster

Post by Richardrli »

Winston, when are you going to finish writing the article titled: Stupid Things People Believe In Just Because They Are Told To? The Happier Abroad home page hasn't been updated for a while.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:
Winston wrote:Have any of you noticed that despite the clean streets and air around you in America, that it has a depressing, empty and meaningless vibe that deflates you? It's like something creates an angst in you that makes you feel like you are worthless and life is meaningless. You ever notice that?

Something in the environment and people seems to create it, or perhaps it's due to some vortex from the consciousness of the land. I'm sure that the soulless dull bland non-creative architecture of the suburbs plays a role in this too.

It's a double whammy when combined with the feeling of disconnectedness inherent in the social atmosphere and environment around you. What's worse, there is an aura of FEAR and PARANOIA in the masses around you as well. It's a very sick, depressing and sad environment for sure.

Immigrants who come to America must feel conflicted: On the one hand they appreciate the comforts, clean streets and air, and consumer choices in America. But on the other, they feel this inherent emptiness, soullessness and social disconnectedness, as well as this depressing deflating vibe that tells them that life is meaningless and worthless. Yet in spite of this, they must act positive all the time or else pretend to be. This must be confusing and causes them to wonder if it's all worth it or not, especially when they realize that life in America isn't as great as they imagined.

2) The society around you keeps pushing you to overwork and overconsume, as if that's all that matters and all you're good for. Work more, consume more! Don't stop! It's good for the economy, blah blah.

I know this is true to an extent everywhere, but it's magnified to the extreme in America. And coupled with the inherent sense of isolation, disconnectedness and the depressing/deflating vibe, makes it all the more worse.

Any of you notice all this? It's one of those things you feel deep down but isn't easy to put into words, especially when no one else dares to openly say such things, as there is a loser stigma attached to it. Instead, you are expected to put up a facade and deny your suffering.

Excellent analysis Winston. Personally, I don't feel that America is all that depressing unless you're unfortunate to be poor and are forced to live in a very bad neighborhood.

The problem for me is that America is a very divisive country where people are openly hostile, unfriendly, cold hearted and rancorous at every direction you turn. You have no choice but to keep to yourself, keep your guard up, and keep a low profile all at the same time to preserve your sanity.

All this open hostility and divisiveness I believe starts from the Government along with all the corporations who create an environment that forces people to compete with each other to an unhealthy degree. The system is set up to where my gain is always your loss, and my loss is always somebody else's gain. That kind of system is unfair to everybody except the corporations and the Government who make out like bandits.

But just to show you how divisive America is, I compiled a short list of what I can think that all the things people argue and even find a reason to hate another person about.

• Coke vs. Pepsi
• Chevy vs. Ford
• All the racial warfare
Might as well add Men vs. Women, Gay vs. Straight, Young vs Old. I agree with you that this long list is purposely engineered. It's all about scientifically administrating the ol' Divide and Conquer. Classic New World Order baby steps.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

pete98146 wrote:
NorthAmericanguy wrote:

• Coke vs. Pepsi
• Chevy vs. Ford
• All the racial warfare
Might as well add Men vs. Women, Gay vs. Straight, Young vs Old. I agree with you that this long list is purposely engineered. It's all about scientifically administrating the ol' Divide and Conquer. Classic New World Order baby steps.
True...There is simply too much at stake..if even two people start thinking alike....America is the seat of Evil which controls rest of evil in the world....

They monitor everything, every move Americans make...Not by NSA, edword snowden psy-op....but by real tech that are in Hyperspace which monitors even your thoughts....

If America is not constantly divided....There would be real or even Fake revolution like Arab Spring, orange revolution by CIA..They can't even afford 100 people protesting on a same ideology that would threaten their empire on earth...

They can't afford a protest to go out of control and then CIA take control over it like Arab revolutions and then give a different direction to the whole movement....with in days or hours...The protest will be silenced ...

Obama, Corporations, the millionaires, billionaires, Rothschilds, freemason, illuminati are peanuts ....

America is directly Administered by the Evil itself... :D

That is the reason for highest rate of mental illness in the whole world in America...Highest number of people on medication....etc...The Evil itself is making the life of Americans miserable not one of its puppets like in other countries...

The enemy is not our fellow humans..We should feel for them ....no matter how hard it is ...The evil commits all the crime and then blame humanity for it...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Guess what everyone? Tonight I went to eat at Subway here in Phoenix. There were two black guys there. I was afraid they might mug me.

But after a while, we started talking about how the sugar in the sodas there were unhealthy and then I gave them my deep spiel about the problems in America.

First, I talked about how unhealthy and fattening the food is in America. Then I got a little deeper and said that people overeat in America not just cause the food is addicting, but because there is an inherent EMPTINESS and depression in America that other countries don't have. People feel it but don't know what to do about this deep emptiness, so they use food to try to fill it. They use food as an escape from the emptiness in America, in other words. So that was another factor.

I also explained to them that the society and media in America NEVER acknowledge this emptiness and how it's not talked about but denied. Society expects you to fill your void with CONSUMERISM and WORK, but in reality, those things do NOT really fill the human soul. Hence you have so many miserable, angry, stressed, depressed looking faces everywhere you go in America.

Yet no one wants to talk about this. You are not supposed to talk about this either. Instead, people talk about the weather and say "Hi how are you? I'm doing great." everyday as a mask to cover it all up and deny it. It's a sad reality and state of affairs in America. Yet it goes unacknowledged by the media and society and in casual conversation.

In other countries, there isn't this great emptiness because there is a natural sense of connection with others. That's why people in other countries don't need to go see therapists like Americans do. Overseas, there isn't this extreme isolation where everyone is in a bubble and paranoid of others. Not even in Mexico, where everything is corrupt, but people have natural connection and develop natural social relationships with others. But you don't have that in America.

Social connection fulfills your soul. Isolation, consumerism and slave jobs do not. America is in denial about all this and doesn't want to face it. I wish CNN would have me on to talk about this, but they won't.

I also explained to them that the purpose of sports on TV is to distract you, to get you to focus on something useless, so you don't realize what's going on or think too much or try to change things.

The two guys fully agreed with me, even though it was unusual to have such a deep discussion at a Subway with strangers. I apologized for being philosophical rather than superficial, but they were fine with it and agreed with everything I said. They said that as long as something is true and represents reality, they are cool with it.

Like I said, black guys tend to be very down to earth and like hearing the truth. That's why we have so many of them on the HA forum.

What I find is that when you talk about deep truths like this with strangers in America, they tend to agree, because it's so obvious, even though it's a social taboo to talk about such things. So don't be too afraid to talk about these things with others. Most of the time, they will agree.
Last edited by Winston on June 17th, 2014, 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just made a blog post out of my lecture today at Subway. Feel free to comment in it.

http://blog.happierabroad.com/2014/06/t ... at-no.html

In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Post by In2dadark »

Wow.. I'm glad those black guys didn't mug you... haha.. You're kidding right?
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Post by In2dadark »

I saw a Vietnamese guy while I was out for a walk. I thought he was going to do my laundry. Close one. He didn't, instead we just waved & pretty much ignored one & other.
RickyRetardo
Freshman Poster

Post by RickyRetardo »

zboy1 wrote:I agree, Winston. It's because the United States is an unhappy country filled with angry, overworked and overstressed Americans trying to out-compete one another, anyway possible. There is no unity and togetherness here--everyone is out for themselves. People would do anything to get ahead in this country--even step over their own parents, if they could...

The racism here is all behind closed doors, but you can definitely feel the racial tension in the air...And Americans are very close-minded and unfriendly for the most part, except in some parts of the country, i.e. the South, Midwest....
I never found Southerners to be particularly friendly (on the whole), and I felt the racial tension in the South was thick enough to cut with a knife.
Let's get together and feel alright.
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

Maverick wrote:
Winston wrote:
How is it good for one night stands? Can you give me step by step directions on getting one night stands here that I can follow to the letter? lol

If you can do that, and it really works, I'll pay you. Otherwise, that's just a myth.
Well, like I said, it's not much different than the normal nightlife scene, but girls have a vacation mentality and hooking up in Vegas is almost encouraged by the media ("What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas").

I don't have a magic code to get laid. I'm a friendly guy and I talk to a lot of people, including girls. One girl sticks, then I just hang out with them for the night and hook up with them. Nothing crazy.

Sometimes, they're dtf almost immediately. I just take the cues and roll with it.
Where exactly do you go to get one night stands? lol
Well, in Vegas, I stayed at the MGM Grand. I just hung out in the bar below it, the Cosmopolitan, and walked around the strip.

Are you referring to the $400 an hour hoes here? Or regular girls?
I'm definitely not against p4p, but $400 an hour is pretty ridiculous. I'd rather jerk off than pay that amount just for sex. :P
The clubs are full of girls who look like plastic and wear too much makeup, and are mostly shallow gold diggers. It's not even an inclusive place, so why are clubs supposed to be good ways to meet people? It doesn't make sense.
Clubs are all the same wherever you go. I thought about going to Mirage, but it was $50 to get in. So I balked on that.

But usually in clubs, I either go up and talk to the girls that aren't on the dance floor or I just start grinding with the girls on the dance floor. They're not good places to "meet people," but they work well enough if one night stands are what you're after lol.
Falcon is coming here tomorrow by the way. We will go around to the strip and see how approachable the girls are here. lol

I didn't find it to be too much different from approaching girls during the nightlife anywhere else in the US. But, like I said, they have a vacation mentality, so if they're into you, it'll be a bit easier to f**k them.
This is true