Advice for a black male that does not follow the stereotype

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

Just found out my school's accounting program is international. Is marketing and logistics good? I do not know shit about hospitality. What about real estate? Also, I never gave any thought in to New Zealand and Australia. Those countries actually interest me more than Europe.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Mr.Darcy wrote:Just found out my school's accounting program is international. Is marketing and logistics good? I do not know shit about hospitality. What about real estate? Also, I never gave any thought in to New Zealand and Australia. Those countries actually interest me more than Europe.
What kind? Residential? Commercial? Industrial? Agricultural?
Unlike the USSA, in many places the market is "fragmented".

Just gonna leave this here. 8)
http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Mr.Darcy wrote:Just found out my school's accounting program is international. Is marketing and logistics good? I do not know shit about hospitality. What about real estate? Also, I never gave any thought in to New Zealand and Australia. Those countries actually interest me more than Europe.
You know what else is international? My balls.

Don't fall for any schools claim of things being international. "International" finance "international" marketing -- it does not mean squat!! Understand that schools are designed to extract money from you. In general, stay away from anything business related -- they have WORST payoff -- unless you want to be paper monkey with Sally from accounting.

f**k real estate. Want to learn real estate? Get a book.

Logistics is good, but make sure you intern quickly. Get a degree in logistics without any experience is dead in the water. Make sure you get trained in using the latest software in logistics and market yourself. You know what is good in logistics? operations research.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

If you want to do real estate, read about 4 to 5 good books on the subject and join a real estate mentor program.

I can't offer you any advice on your career.

Instead of asking us, you need to ask someone who is currently working in your field about accounting overseas.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

Post by AnonymousAmerican »

mguy wrote:
You know what else is international? My balls.

Don't fall for any schools claim of things being international. "International" finance "international" marketing -- it does not mean squat!! Understand that schools are designed to extract money from you. In general, stay away from anything business related -- they have WORST payoff -- unless you want to be paper monkey with Sally from accounting.

f**k real estate. Want to learn real estate? Get a book.

Logistics is good, but make sure you intern quickly. Get a degree in logistics without any experience is dead in the water. Make sure you get trained in using the latest software in logistics and market yourself. You know what is good in logistics? operations research.
^that.
A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: viewtopic.php?t=19236
YaManBT
Freshman Poster

Post by YaManBT »

Darcy,

I feel you. I am in a similar boat. I, too, am a non-stereotypical Black guy. We are the invisible ones. In Philly, where I currently live, a stereotypical Black guy would do really well with the enormous hood-rat population here.

I am deep in the process of applying/interviewing to teach English in Japan. It is perfect for me, because chicks aren't even the primary reason for me going. I, for one, want to get out of the U.S. in general. Also, I've been to Japan before, love the culture, and already have a background in teaching.

To you, I'd say do thorough research on what you want to do, then do it. For the past three months, I have been researching about Japan, studying the language, and getting my documentation together, because I am dead serious about what I'm doing. You don't have to accept the shitty state of affairs that is upon you right now. Even if you don't go abroad, you can still find a way to transcend the bullshit. Keep striving, my brother.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

YaManBT wrote:Darcy,

I feel you. I am in a similar boat. I, too, am a non-stereotypical Black guy. We are the invisible ones. In Philly, where I currently live, a stereotypical Black guy would do really well with the enormous hood-rat population here.

I am deep in the process of applying/interviewing to teach English in Japan. It is perfect for me, because chicks aren't even the primary reason for me going. I, for one, want to get out of the U.S. in general. Also, I've been to Japan before, love the culture, and already have a background in teaching.

To you, I'd say do thorough research on what you want to do, then do it. For the past three months, I have been researching about Japan, studying the language, and getting my documentation together, because I am dead serious about what I'm doing. You don't have to accept the shitty state of affairs that is upon you right now. Even if you don't go abroad, you can still find a way to transcend the bullshit. Keep striving, my brother.
My boy and HA poster here SkateboardStephen is an avid poster here and you should PM him. He's a Philly native by proxy of Brasil now.
YaManBT
Freshman Poster

Post by YaManBT »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
YaManBT wrote:Darcy,

My boy and HA poster here SkateboardStephen is an avid poster here and you should PM him. He's a Philly native by proxy of Brasil now.
Thank you for the info. Definitely will do.