I hate how thinking for your self is a sin in america

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

I hate how thinking for your self is a sin in america

Post by Mr.Darcy »

Freedom of speech my ass, unless you conform to the mainstream media
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

I wouldn't call it a "sin" per se, but it is certainly something that is being discouraged more and more. Looking at the school systems in NYC, you can really see the changes being implemented in regards to how we educate our children. We are not training them to be good critical thinkers, we are merely training them to memorize and recite information for state tests. I worry greatly for our future when these children go out into the workforce.

You are right, Mr. Darcy, that there are certain mainstream media opinions that you need to conform to, even if you don't really believe in them, because that's the "PC" way to think. I remember one friend of mine who got into what seemed like a friendly disagreement over Obamacare, and the opposite side not only humiliated him verbally, they also ended up taking his job away from him. People really need to be careful with what they say in America nowadays.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

It's apparently nothing new. Tocqueville observed 180 years ago that the US had the least free speech of any nation because consensus public opinion served as such an effective censor. Dissent from the mainstream view was not tolerated.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

gsjackson wrote:It's apparently nothing new. Tocqueville observed 180 years ago that the US had the least free speech of any nation because consensus public opinion served as such an effective censor. Dissent from the mainstream view was not tolerated.
Scary.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I hate political correctness.

My Expedia hotel review was banned because I dared to mention that the Indian guests were really noisy!

So I feel sorry for the Western/Japanese mongers who will go to that hotel in the heart of Bangkok's monging district but not be able to perform with their bar fined Issan girl because there are sodding Indian kids running up and down the corridor and slamming doors every 5 minutes!

Oh well, I guess the Indian spammers who made loads of money from spamming HA have got to spend their vacations somewhere!!!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

Post by AnonymousAmerican »

xiongmao wrote:I hate political correctness.

My Expedia hotel review was banned because I dared to mention that the Indian guests were really noisy!

So I feel sorry for the Western/Japanese mongers who will go to that hotel in the heart of Bangkok's monging district but not be able to perform with their bar fined Issan girl because there are sodding Indian kids running up and down the corridor and slamming doors every 5 minutes!

Oh well, I guess the Indian spammers who made loads of money from spamming HA have got to spend their vacations somewhere!!!
wouldn't they just limit the amount of indian guests who go there. i mean, thais are the only people who I know would ban certain types of guests and not give a f**k like they should.

A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: viewtopic.php?t=19236
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

AnonymousAmerican wrote: ....i mean, thais are the only people who I know would ban certain types of guests and not give a f**k like they should.

:lol:

Saving to my screensaver.

And emailing to Lebanese friends!
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

The freedom of speech in America is a myth...due to the politically correct far left....have you ever noticed that it seems to be liberal Democrats and Obama supporters who complain of being oppressed yet are the main ones trying to take away our constitutional rights...ever noticed that?Noticed how the people you can't criticize have some affiliation with the left?
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

skateboardstephen wrote:The freedom of speech in America is a myth...due to the politically correct far left....have you ever noticed that it seems to be liberal Democrats and Obama supporters who complain of being oppressed yet are the main ones trying to take away our constitutional rights...ever noticed that?Noticed how the people you can't criticize have some affiliation with the left?
Yup, and this little vid perfectly illustrates why...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW6PIan5MXQ