NYC is full of haters!!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

NYC is full of haters!!

Post by kai1275 »

I normally never come into this forum, but this shit really pissed me off.

I just got back from NYC, for a company event weekend, and we were supposed to bring our families. I brought my wife (she's Chinese, I'm black) of course. On at least 3 different occasions I had other black (2 of them latino/hispanic) people hate on me like some jealous little bitches! One black dude shook his head at me non-stop and trying to pick a fight with me on the f***ing subway! Another dude on the street in Midtown, was shaking his head and staring at me too. Then at the airport some super fat, super ugly one, gave me a VERY hard time at the security check in over my bag size, and other people with larger bags were going past us. She made it seem like she was forced to check everyone and had the nastiest attitude about it. It was really ridiculous and embarrasing. I wanted to report her, but we all know what happens to people who complain at an airport... :roll:

We do not get hated on like this in Houston! NYC also does not have as many IR couples as I would have expected to see either. I wonder if Houston has more ratio wise.

I know many of you on here are from there, what is the f***ing deal with hatin ass people in NY?
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

Im from the hickville soith and I recall seeing way more interracial couples down here than I did up in NYC. Granted, the few interracial couplesI saw in NYC had some quality while the ones down here are usually some thug black guy and some trashy white woman.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Mr.Darcy wrote:Im from the hickville soith and I recall seeing way more interracial couples down here than I did up in NYC. Granted, the few interracial couplesI saw in NYC had some quality while the ones down here are usually some thug black guy and some trashy white woman.
Yeah....good point on that. Down here, most IR couples aren't very good looking usually....The very few we saw in NYC were very attractive people. The other black and asian couple we saw were even better looking than us, lol.

I guess from a culture shock perspective, I did not expect to see outright and bold disapproval in a place touted as the liberal bastion of the USA!
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

NYC in many ways represents everything that is wrong with the US. The media loves to spin NYC as some social promised land where everyone gets along and everyone is treated as equal. So not true. Whatever friendliness and camaraderie that exists here is totally superficial. People may smile at you, but they are fake smiles. Behind your back, they will say and do things to try and sabotage you and your progress.

NYC represents the epitome of the hyper-competitive, dog eat dog capitalism that America is famous for. There is little, if any cooperation among its citizens. Everyone is out for him/herself, and they will stab anyone in the back, friend or foe, if it means that they can save their own behinds and get ahead. Of course, many will say that this is true throughout the world, but NYC takes this practice to the extreme. The difference is in degree rather than in kind. It is the land of Social Darwinism without regulation.

NYC is nowhere near the best city, even in the US. I had much more tolerable experiences in San Francisco, San Diego, Portland, Orlando and Honolulu.

Thankfully, I have one more month left on my apartment lease, and then I'm outta here!
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Bane wrote:NYC in many ways represents everything that is wrong with the US. The media loves to spin NYC as some social promised land where everyone gets along and everyone is treated as equal. So not true. Whatever friendliness and camaraderie that exists here is totally superficial. People may smile at you, but they are fake smiles. Behind your back, they will say and do things to try and sabotage you and your progress.

NYC represents the epitome of the hyper-competitive, dog eat dog capitalism that America is famous for. There is little, if any cooperation among its citizens. Everyone is out for him/herself, and they will stab anyone in the back, friend or foe, if it means that they can save their own behinds and get ahead. Of course, many will say that this is true throughout the world, but NYC takes this practice to the extreme. The difference is in degree rather than in kind. It is the land of Social Darwinism without regulation.

NYC is nowhere near the best city, even in the US. I had much more tolerable experiences in San Francisco, San Diego, Portland, Orlando and Honolulu.

Thankfully, I have one more month left on my apartment lease, and then I'm outta here!
That fake smile is something the South is notorious for. I actually did not see many smiles there. Great service is almost no existent and sucks compared to the South.

You are right about the competitiveness. People there work too much. If it is 8pm and you are still in a suit and tie hanging out in bars with coworkers, men and women, and none of you have a ring on your hand, and you are talking about work, something is wrong...

I have never seen sooooo many single hot women before walking around. The amount of them is mind boggling.

Good luck getting out of there. I could never live there. That place is wild. Like some crazy amusement park ride, you cannot get off of.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I hear you, Kai. Why do you think I want to leave the U.S. so badly? As someone who has lived in the city since the early 80s, I think I'm somewhat qualified to be labeled an experienced New York observer. As Mr.Darcy as mentioned, NYC is everything that is wrong with America: rude, competitive people, rampant racism among the different races, entitled females full of rage and anger towards men (not to mention jealous of other females), very cliquey social groups, unfriendly people, horrible and decaying infrastructure, the 1% control half the city while the middle class is dying, shitty economy, and very expensive cost-of-living...

NYC is where Occupy Wall Street started, where Blacks and Hispanics get racially profiled by a racist "Stop and Frisk" policy--which is completely unconstitutional, btw, where cops frequently abuse citizens without recourse, where Bloomberg is banning soda's and fast-food items because he feels like it, where cameras are being set-up on every street corner and where the police-state surveillance system is being implemented at an astonishing rate...That's NYC for you, LOL. Sorry about your bad experience, Kai. I bet your wife was surprised at how shitty Americans can be, or not? Avoid NYC at all costs, especially the airports--as they're full of aggressive a-holes and rude custom agents, fat and angry Black women and dirty terminals.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

The best thing to do is those situations is to separate slightly. Give the impression that you're not together. It's almost effortless, I'm sure.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Johnny1975 wrote:The best thing to do is those situations is to separate slightly. Give the impression that you're not together. It's almost effortless, I'm sure.
o_0

Da fuq?! Hell naw! If any of them touched me or her, it would have been lights out for them! I never did martial arts over 20 years, earned 4 black belts, and cage fought for just looking good! I did it because I love fighting and hitting people. My skills scare me from touching normal people, but if I have a good reason to do it, I will without hesitation. It takes a lot more than that to scare a guy like me off. Skinheads chasing me and my mother only wanted me to demand they get out of that truck so I could fight all 4 of them. Thank God my mother had a cooler head back then than I did, but you get my point.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

zboy1 wrote:I hear you, Kai. Why do you think I want to leave the U.S. so badly? As someone who has lived in the city since the early 80s, I think I'm somewhat qualified to be labeled an experienced New York observer. As Mr.Darcy as mentioned, NYC is everything that is wrong with America: rude, competitive people, rampant racism among the different races, entitled females full of rage and anger towards men (not to mention jealous of other females), very cliquey social groups, unfriendly people, horrible and decaying infrastructure, the 1% control half the city while the middle class is dying, shitty economy, and very expensive cost-of-living...

NYC is where Occupy Wall Street started, where Blacks and Hispanics get racially profiled by a racist "Stop and Frisk" policy--which is completely unconstitutional, btw, where cops frequently abuse citizens without recourse, where Bloomberg is banning soda's and fast-food items because he feels like it, where cameras are being set-up on every street corner and where the police-state surveillance system is being implemented at an astonishing rate...That's NYC for you, LOL. Sorry about your bad experience, Kai. I bet your wife was surprised at how shitty Americans can be, or not? Avoid NYC at all costs, especially the airports--as they're full of aggressive a-holes and rude custom agents, fat and angry Black women and dirty terminals.
The one thing I hate about NY the most is the absurd costs of everything! Everything is for sale and for a high price! Only in NYC is making 40,000 per year under the poverty line. My hotel room was 580~ dollars but after all the taxes and everything it was 800+. Such bullshit!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

I feel ya. West Coast suburban Asian Americans, and sometimes whites, will also react negatively to my being with a Latina woman, although they won't actually get violent or confrontational. However, what if I (a Taiwanese American) walked around with a Latina in NYC?

I've heard that South Korean guys married to SE Asian brides don't get very good receptions in South Korea either. Xenophobia and ethnocentrism as usual.
Anti-American
Freshman Poster

Post by Anti-American »

New Jersey and Philadelphia also represents what is wrong with the USA.
Last edited by Anti-American on July 22nd, 2013, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

I noticed something about NY and maybe you guys living in NY can verify this but these are usually the people I see saying NY is the greatest:

1) Fantastically Rich 1%'ers love NY because they can live in their super rich star studded enclaves right in the city.

2) Douchebag NY pride guys. They are usually fat and useless guys who speak in that obnoxious NY accent and they have generally lived in NY their whole lives and never been outside the country.

3) Super materialistic women. It doesn't matter what ethnicity she is but if she loves NY chances are she sees herself as someone straight out of sex and the city and is trying to emulate that.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Anti-American wrote:Besides NYC there are two other places that represent what is wrong with the USA: New Jersey and Philadelphia
New Jersey is basically NY with all the pretension of class and status removed. :lol: It's a shithole and everyone i've met from NJ has been annoying.

Philly is pretty bad too but more as a characterless cultureless generic east coast wasteland.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Repatriate wrote:I noticed something about NY and maybe you guys living in NY can verify this but these are usually the people I see saying NY is the greatest:

1) Fantastically Rich 1%'ers love NY because they can live in their super rich star studded enclaves right in the city.

2) Douchebag NY pride guys. They are usually fat and useless guys who speak in that obnoxious NY accent and they have generally lived in NY their whole lives and never been outside the country.

3) Super materialistic women. It doesn't matter what ethnicity she is but if she loves NY chances are she sees herself as someone straight out of sex and the city and is trying to emulate that.
LMAO! Often times those guys sound and look Italian for whatever reason.

Anyone with a ton of money to burn would love living there. If I could afford it, I would probably buy one of those nice homes in the countryside just outside the city. So pretty out there and relaxing, but not too far from any kind of action at all! Nah...NYC doesn't really have anything Houston does not have except different kinds of the same ol' AW skanks, which I have no need for.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

Repatriate wrote:
Anti-American wrote:Besides NYC there are two other places that represent what is wrong with the USA: New Jersey and Philadelphia
New Jersey is basically NY with all the pretension of class and status removed. :lol: It's a shithole and everyone i've met from NJ has been annoying.

Philly is pretty bad too but more as a characterless cultureless generic east coast wasteland.
Philly is my hometown...the city did not all ways use to be so bad..in the early 90's the city had somewhat of an identity..but now it is overrun by Dominicans,Mexicans,Asian groups,and people from Puerto Rico..now the city has no identity at all...it has been replaced by the culture of a lot of these Latino groups..if you can't speak Spanish in a lot of parts of Philly you can't even talk to any body...South Philly in what used to be the Italian market..is starting to look like a third world country now...because Mexicans took it over...there are hardly any jobs there these days..all the small business are own by Latinos and they don't hire Americans..and the jobs in Philly you can get hire you to fire you...and the black sections of Philly are just getting more and more violent and bazaar..a couple of weeks ago in North Philly they found a dude chopped up into peaces in a empty lot right around the corner from a house i lived in during my early childhood.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!